PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Birthday with Food Allergies at Disneyland

Foxes Den
08-16-2007, 09:48 AM
We are moving to San Diego from Canada in a few months. It looks like my DD 2nd birthday will be on a weekend. We were thinking of driving up to Disneyland for the day - and having her "Birthday" at the park. She is MAD for POOH right now. Any idea's on what we can do?

Thanks!

Foxes Den

Misskitty3
08-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Here is a link to the DL website that tells you about the Disneyland Birthday Party which is tons of fun. A 2 year old would love it and it only costs $10 bucks per person.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/moreMagic/specialOccasions/detail?name=BirthdaysDetailPage

Foxes Den
08-16-2007, 10:08 AM
That sounds good, but my Daughter is contact allergic to Diary (all types), Egg and mustard. The cake decorating party would just be to hard to deal with.

Taylor

DangerMouse
08-16-2007, 10:13 AM
We are moving to San Diego from Canada in a few months. It looks like my DD 2nd birthday will be on a weekend. We were thinking of driving up to Disneyland for the day - and having her "Birthday" at the park. She is MAD for POOH right now. Any idea's on what we can do?

Thanks!

Foxes Den

You didn't mention what her food allergies are??? Depending on her allergies, I might not recommend some of the birthday activities they have.

EDITED BASED ON ABOVE POST: I would consider a character breakfast at either Storyteller's or Lilo and Stitch. At both of those places you can order food off the menu and place your specific requests according to your dd's allergies. They should be able to accommodate you at either of those places. However, you probably won't see Pooh at either of those restaurants. He appears at Goofy's sometimes and almost always at the Minnie & Friends breakfasts, but those are buffets and it may be hard to accommodate your dd's diet needs there??

Foxes Den
08-16-2007, 10:23 AM
I know, I am sorry!

Dairy (contact), Egg, and Mustard (all forms - is a used in most foods as "spice".
We carry an epipen.

lisadoll93
08-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Disneyland is very good with food allegries. When you make a PS, have they note it and when you get there they will let you know what is safe. If you got to city hall, they will give you a list of whats safe in the park. DS is gluten free. We have never had any issues.

minniebeth
08-16-2007, 12:42 PM
I recently spoke with the head chef of all of DLR about our upcoming visit with my DD's severe food allergies...he told me that even at the buffets they can accomodate specific food allergies. They can prepare something separate in the back specifically for your table. They are awesome about this! When you make PS reservations, the CS rep will transfer you to the chef of the restaurant and they will make note of it. Then when you arrive, you have the hostess tell the chef you've arrived, and they will come to your table to help you accomodate your needs. I know Disney takes food allergies very seriously and want to work with you to have a safe and fun experience.