PDA

View Full Version : Hi and Welcome, come sign in (introductions)

BernardandMissBianca
08-16-2007, 09:46 AM
I'll start since I am the Goddess and all! :rotfl2: Just wanted to say welcome to everyone!

I'm Buffy and I hail from blink and ya miss it, CT. I'm 33 years old and I am a SAHM. I have been married to DH going on 15 years and we have 4 kids, DS11, DS6, DS5, and DD 1.5.
I have been scrapping for 3 years now. I started by diving in head first with 9 heritage albums for myself, my brothers, and my cousins. And I really got my feet wet with our first Disney trip, which took me 2 years to finish! :rolleyes:
We have been to WDW as a family 5 times and I have been 2 more times to scrap, once with mom and once with DH. We have a trip planned for Dec of this year as well.
Other hobbies include cross stitch, swapping, and collecting scrap supplies.

We are a crazy lot, from all walks of life and all over the world, but this is the best group of guys a gals anyone could ever meet.

PrincessNancy96
08-16-2007, 09:56 AM
HI! I'm BAMB's (BernardandMissBianca's) left hand (only because I'm left handed and it's easier for me! :lmao:)!

I'm Nancy..NAHM(SAHM) of 5 munchkins who start school tomorrow!!!!! :)
DH and I have been married 11 years but have known each other for over 20 years! We have 5 children.. 4 boys & 1 girl!

We've been to WDW twice and are due to go back in 2008 as soon as I can get DH to decide on a date so I can get it booked... He is being a bit difficult today on the date so I'm being a bit more demanding on his decision! MEN!

I started scrapbooking about 2 years ago when I found the DIS boards..I finally finished our WDW trip from 2005 a month ago. It's funny how my pages progressed in that time frame. Right now, I'm getting ready to catch up on DD's 4-H project album (only have 3 more years to go but that is nothin'), I'm trying to finish 3 paperbag albums for kids' trips. I'm working about 3 other things too. Which reminds me.. I need to get to the store today and pick up some photos and a scrapbook!

I'm sure there is more but I need to go supervise fighting kids (better known as MY life!)

ddavis860
08-16-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm Debbie. I live with my DH, DS19, DS15, and newDS18 (DS19's friend that has adopted us). We have 2 puppy girls, 1 yellow lab, 1 chocolate lab. The girls and I are the princesses of the house...everything else has testosterone.

I work in the lab at the hospital. I work WIP (weekend incentive program) which means that I work Fri, Sat, Sunday 3 out of 4 weekends. This leaves me lots of time to do my crafts. I also teach jewelry making and painting. I collect scrap supplies and toys, swap items, recipes, Disney antenna toppers, and hummingbirds. I have so many albums to finish, I'll never be done.

Right now I'm working on a baby album for a shower, finishing stuff from CKC, preparing classes for the fall, and organizing my house (another project that will never be finished). DS15 was in a terrible bike accident on Tuesday (so very scary!!), so he is taking up my time right now...but I DIS while he is resting...

:welcome: to all the new friends....

DisneyMommyMichelle
08-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Love it!

I'm Michelle! 27 and a SAHM to 2 kids that are 11months apart :) Autumn & Gabriel. They are crazy and constantly on over-drive :) I've been married for almost 3 yrs in September and we're cooking baby number 3!!! So YUP! we have had 3 kids in 3yrs! We adopted 3 months after getting married (and several years of being told we would not be able to have children) & ended up pregnant 2 months after adopting :laughing:

DH works across the street, so I'm very lucky to have helping hands pretty much all day long :) Maybe that's why I am willing to have #3!! (AND he's another crazy boy!! Roman-Alexander)

I love to craft! I'm a beader by nature mainly jewelry and cell phone charms and even have my own small business :yay: I'm busy all day, but LOVE LOVE LOVE a good schedule! It keeps me sane!!

PS, in case you couldn't tell I love to talk!! :hyper:

logan&tylersmama
08-16-2007, 10:47 AM
hi everyone
I am Jennifer and I live in CT. I have been married for 11 years and have two wonderful sons Logan 5 pirate: and Tyler almost 2:stitch: . I work full time (to pay for daycare - (dont get me started on the cost of daycare:eek: ) Anyway.... I LOVE my job and wouldnt be happy if I couldnt work. After all - i did go to school for 19 years of my life!! I am a clinical social worker working with people with mental retardation and other special needs. Mostly I do therapy, run groups, talk about sex education, help familys find services and work the system, and speak to newly diagnosed familys. ITS GREAT!!! (By the way - will do therapy for dis-members for scrapbook supplies:rolleyes1 ) Plus the bonus is that in October i get to go with 11 adults with MR to disney (for free and get paid for it) since i am the Disney queen here at work. We are going to have so much fun:banana: !!!
I have been scrapbooking now for about 9 years - plus i do so many other crafts - quilting, beading, sewing,..... if its crafty there is a good chance i do it or have tried it.:rolleyes:
Other than that this is my life... Oh by the way... I hate to say this but DH is not a disney freak like me. My father lives and breaths disney... but not DH. He actually said "It will be another 5 years before we go back:scared1: " My reply was "Well, I will make sure the kids and I send you a postcard telling you we miss you.:rolleyes1
I will talk him into going sooner - but for now I will get my fix in October (and we had trips in 2005 and 2006.
:welcome:
to all the new people
Jennifer

BernardandMissBianca
08-16-2007, 10:58 AM
HI! I'm BAMB's (BernardandMissBianca's) left hand (only because I'm left handed and it's easier for me! :lmao:)!

well then we are screwed cause I'm a lefty too!! But hey, left handed people are in their right minds right? :thumbsup2 look even smilie guy is a lefty. LOL

DisneyMommyMichelle
08-16-2007, 11:13 AM
That's interesting to find another lefty on the creative community! They do say left handers are more hands on and creative! I wonder what percentage of us on the creative community are left handed??? hmmm..i think i'm smelling a POLL!

ddavis860
08-16-2007, 11:22 AM
That's soo funny about the leftie thing! I should have been one, but my mom forced the rightie on me....yeah, I'm from "back in the day"

Fine details like painting, beading, sewing, writing I do rightie. BUT I do everything else leftie...shake tubes at work, reach for things, open things...and when I teach, I can go in with either hand to show a stroke for painting...

Will the poll have a choice for "bothie" :lmao:

Faerie
08-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Hello! I'm Christina, 28. I live in HOT and MUGGY South Florida. I'm about a 3 hour drive to the World. My DBF and I have been together for 2 years, no kiddos for me, but I have a niece (5) and nephew (18 months) who I dote on. My niece moreso than my nephew since she's local. I've been scrapping since 2000 when I started with CM. It's only in the past year or 2 I've broken away from the CM style.

On top of scrapping, I make cards, love to alter stuff, play with beads a bit and clay a bit (usually Christmas ornaments).

I'm a reality TV junkie and a theater junkie and I'm right handed

patchchild
08-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Hi ladies,
I'm Joy and I live in small town Massachusetts. I've been married to DH for 5 years (today!) and we have a 2.5 month old son. I teach special education and so have been completely spoiled by having the whole summer off. My DH is currently a student and a part time paramedic so he also had most of the summer off. Lovely and wonderful, especially with a new babe in the house.
When I'm not scrapbooking, I'm out walking in the woods, taking photographs, or getting lost in a good book. Lots of fantasy and science fiction. I WILL manage to keep reading often, even with a babe in the house. It's my sanity and escape from everything.

hopemax
08-16-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm Hope, 31, married for 9 years, SAHW (wife, no kids). We live in Scottsdale, AZ, but are moving to the Denver, CO area hopefully next March. I've been scrapping for about 8 years, and it took me 6 of those years to finish our Honeymoon scrapbook. My parents retired to FL almost 2 years ago, and my Mom works at the MK, so I get to go WDW quite a bit. Aside from scrapping, my other craft hobby is cross-stitching.

abbybeth
08-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Hello! I'm Abby, 23, from Michigan.

I don't post a lot around here, but am in crafts over my head! :lmao:

I sew (mostly quilting, though I'm making my MNSSHP costume!), scrapbook, do beaded jewelry, paint, take photographs .... there isn't enough time to do everything that I like to do!

btw, I'm RIGHT handed!

My3Suns
08-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Believe it or not I registered for the Dis in January, but was always a little apprehensive about posting. Well, yesterday was a first . . . and now I'm hooked. So now for the intro:

My name is Stephanie, I am a wife and mom to 3 boys (8, 6 and 4). Other than my family, I have 2 other loves in life; Disney & Scrapbooking. I officially became a Disney nut on my 1st trip when I was four years old. Every time I go back, I feel like I'm four years old again. I began scrapbooking about 5 years ago, and I'm still going strong with albums for the boys, the family, the Disney vacations, and much much more.

I guess that about sums me up. Thanks for reading.

katelynsmommy2001
08-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Hello to all of the new people!! This is a great group with fabulous talent!!

I have been married for almost 13 years, & DH & I have a DD6 with Spina Bifida! We homeschool (yes, I am a glutton for punishment!!:rotfl:) and I work part time for Procter & Gamble as a merchandiser. I have been an avid scrapper for over 10 years now. I live across the Mississippi from St Louis.

And here's my confession... My name is Carrie, & I am a Disney-aholic! Where do I sign up for the 12 step program?:lmao: I have been to Disney 5ish times, but I got to share my love for WDW with DH & DD last year & it was wonderful!!

Look forward to meeting you all soon!!:thumbsup2

BernardandMissBianca
08-16-2007, 12:54 PM
And here's my confession... My name is Carrie, & I am a Disney-aholic! Where do I sign up for the 12 step program?:lmao: I have been to Disney 5ish times, but I got to share my love for WDW with DH & DD last year & it was wonderful!!

Look forward to meeting you all soon!!:thumbsup2

sorry Carrie, can't help you here. LOL
no 12 step programs available for DA, Disney Anonymous.
We will however gladly feed your addiction with pictures, scrap layouts, and trip reports. :rotfl2:

BernardandMissBianca
08-16-2007, 12:55 PM
That's interesting to find another lefty on the creative community! They do say left handers are more hands on and creative! I wonder what percentage of us on the creative community are left handed??? hmmm..i think i'm smelling a POLL!

Ok are you going to post a poll or should I??? :rotfl2:

DisneyMommyMichelle
08-16-2007, 01:33 PM
posted!

mommy2mrb
08-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi everyone, I'm Lisa and a 43 SAHM, Have my DH and DD who's 7. We live in a small town Salida (just across the tracks from Modesto) CA. DH and I have been married almost 10 years (Oct) and together 14. We have moved around the county 36 (yes it's correct) times due to his job of building golf courses.

DD and I are total Disney FREAKS, DH not so much but he does go with us occasionally. We are spending our 10th anniversary in DLR for MHT with DD, yes my non-disney hubby :love: me alot! also planning our 5th WDW trip (DD 3rd) in Jan and have gone to DLR 22 times since 2003 (have AP's since 2004) we only live 5 hours away by car, so makes weekend trips pretty easy.

I keep busy with volunteering at DD classroom and library, parent club activities, scrapbooking, running DD around for her activities, the :laundy: and house drugery and since DH just started up his on golf course reno company (doing LOTS of travelling) I keep out of trouble (most days) my time Dissing :surfweb: is my get away time along with scrapping. Big Survivor, Greys and Dancing with the Stars fan, can't wait for the new season to start.

For all you other Disneyaholics, come, join and FEED your addictions with your other enablers:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Have a :dance3: day.

Lisa :flower3:

StitchIsOurHero
08-16-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm here!! I was reading these at work (again with the crappy, no-posting thing!!)

I'm Brooke, I'm 30 (I'll be 31 in Sept.) and I live in Maryville, TN, with my wonderful DH. We've been married for almost 8 years (today is the 9 year annivesary of our 1st date!). We don't have kids yet, but we have 2 cats and 3 dogs who are our furbabies! I started scrapping about 8 years ago, in order to get my MIL to like me. . .that didn't work, but I stayed with the scrapping!! I am WAY behind right now b/c I went through a period of time about 4 years ago where I didn't do anything. . .trying to remedy that now--as well as feeding my swap addiction!!

I work as a guidance counselor at the high school in the town where I grew up (about 25 miles from where we live). It's never, ever a dull job!!

DH & I are Disney freaks, and this September, we are going on our 10th Disney trip together since 2002. We joined DVC in June 2006, and we love it! We're taking my mom and dad this September--they haven't been since I was 7, and that was a one-day trip. We're planning to have a BLAST!!

Our boards here are my sanity break--I have made so many good friends here (even if they are in my computer!), and it's a great bunch of people!!!

Welcome to all of our sort-of newbies!! :thumbsup2

DisneyMommyMichelle
08-16-2007, 03:10 PM
.....And MY favorite movie is Dirty Dancing

:)

katelynsmommy2001
08-16-2007, 03:27 PM
sorry Carrie, can't help you here. LOL
no 12 step programs available for DA, Disney Anonymous.
We will however gladly feed your addiction with pictures, scrap layouts, and trip reports.

Really, men don't get it!! How am i supposed to scrapbook a new roof?!?!:confused3 :rotfl2:

DisneyMommyMichelle
08-16-2007, 03:52 PM
:lmao: :lmao:

PrincessNancy96
08-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Nope men don't get it... and if you don't have a FIL that does roofing.. it doesn't make for a good scrap page without a LOT of explaining!!! Mom, why is he in our book???

Lisa
08-16-2007, 06:54 PM
My name is Lisa, as if you didn't know, right? LOL

I live in a small town on the way to Don't Sneeze or you'll miss it, CT near Buffy. I am more likely to see turkey, deer, and on occasion the local farmer's loose cow in my yard, than a person.

My DH and I have been married over 17 years, we have a special needs DD who is 14. I work full time for the federal government and am also a Creative Memories Consultant. I got into scrapbooking over three years ago when a friend gave me a 7 x 7 CM album to use for our Disney cruise. DD LOVED it. Since she is a visual learner I immediately got hooked.

We go to Disney at least once a year, because that is one of the few places were we can vacation and feel like a typical family. MK is where my daughter said her first phrase, "I did it!" as we left MK after the day. It was truly like a Disney commercial.

TPCShauna
08-16-2007, 07:03 PM
My name is Shauna and I live in Sacramento, CA, with my husband of almost 5 years (anniversary this October). I'm 30 with no kids although we do have two darling baby kitties that are VERY spoiled. I work full-time in training for a grocery store chain, have a Girl Scout troop and do lots of other GS volunteer work. I'm also seriously considering becoming a CMC to help finance my addiction.

I've been scrapping for 2.5 years. I started with Creative Memories albums and tried to do that style for about 2 months before realizing that I like texture and embellishments. I just finished my first album for me (finished several for other people but none for myself), which was our 2006 family album. Like most other scrappers, I'm currently working on several more; WDW 2005, DLR 2006, Brownie Girl Scouts, Junior Girl Scouts, kitty album, 2007 family album, Wedding album AND going back to scrap all of the pictures that are lying in boxes around the house.

In addition to scrapping, I knit, sew and read voraciously - mostly science fiction and fantasy. DH and I both LOVE, LOVE, LOVE football. I even postponed our outgoing flight for our honeymoon because I didn't want to miss the Sunday games. Yes, his friends think he is lucky. :goodvibes

I am the big Disney freak in our household. DH tolerates it but doesn't love it like I do. We try to go to Disneyland at least once a year but it can be hard since we live 8 hours away. DH's family is in Florida so we are lucky that we can combine Disney trips with family trips. We still don't get out there often enough though. We are doing DLR again this December and are doing WDW and our first Disney Cruise next September.

I was born in Texas and lived there 'til I was 21. I also spent my summers in New Orleans growing up (talk about HOT and MUGGY!) so I'm a total southern girl. I would move back to Texas in a heartbeat if DH said let's go. My license plate frame even says you can take the girl out of Texas but you'll never take Texas out of the girl.

Unfortunately, I type the way I talk and I even journal the same way. I'll stop now before I bore anyone else. TFL!!!

StitchIsOurHero
08-16-2007, 07:29 PM
.....And MY favorite movie is Dirty Dancing

:)

Mine, too!!! It is the BEST movie of all time!!! :cool1:

DisneyMommyMichelle
08-16-2007, 08:19 PM
I am more likely to see turkey, deer, and on occasion the local farmer's loose cow in my yard, than a person.

Okay i think I need to go to bed early! I read this as:

And on occasion, the local farm on the loose....

:lmao: :lmao: I did laugh pretty good though until I re-read it!!

Mine, too!!! It is the BEST movie of all time!!!

:yay: yaaay! we can be friends now :laughing:

aroyer
08-16-2007, 08:23 PM
:wave:

Hi, I am Ashley (eeek, 31 yrs. old) and I am a new SAHM (NAHM- seriously haven't been home this week!). I have a DD who is 7 and about to start the 2nd grade (this fact has yet to register with me, in my mind she is still 3) and DS who is 2 and is the family entertainment. DH has now been out of law school for a year (:cool1: ). He was in school for the first 12 years of our relationship including 8 years of marriage. So glad he is done.

I have been scrapping for 4 years and I love it. It's my escape and creativity outlet. And I have to say I love my Cricut!

I have been to WDW 3 times now. Our most recent trip was last summer after DH took the bar exam. He kept saying that the trip was mostly for DD and I since he thought DS was too young and DH has never been to WDW. DH really didn't think that WDW was all that big of deal and didn't expect to have a great time. Boy, was he wrong!!! He fell in love :love: with WDW and we are hoping to go back either next spring or summer. Here's hopin!

TN Dreamer
08-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Vickey and from reading all the other posts I would be considered the "granny". I live in beautiful East Tennessee near Knoxville. DH and I will celebrate our 32nd anniversary in October. I married my high school sweetheart and we dated for 8 years before we got married. I have two sons. One age 24 and is a senior at East Tennessee State University. My other son will be 20 in a few months and he attends a local community college. I was a SAHM for years but I now work in a dental office as insurance coordinator and work chairside when needed. I have two furbabies a golden and a pound puppy that I just inherited. DS 24 can't have a puppy at his apartment on campus, so dear ole mom comes to the rescue.:headache:

I have collected scrapbook items for years and I have quite a vast collection of goodies. I love going to workshops and try go every chance I can. I am slowly but surely getting 32 years of photographs organized.:yay: I am just doing books for special occassions now. There is no way I could ever catch up on albums at this point :eek:

I love anything Disney and I am such a kid at heart." I will never grow up".
I am trying to convince my DH we need to purchase DVC and spend our retirement years at WDW. On the plus side, it would be a great place to take our future grand kids, oh just think of the memories :)

I love coming to these boards. They have been a wealth of information for me.

aroyer
08-16-2007, 08:31 PM
My name is Shauna and I live in Sacramento, CA, with my husband of almost 5 years (anniversary this October). I'm 30 with no kids although we do have two darling baby kitties that are VERY spoiled. I work full-time in training for a grocery store chain, have a Girl Scout troop and do lots of other GS volunteer work. I'm also seriously considering becoming a CMC to help finance my addiction.

I've been scrapping for 2.5 years. I started with Creative Memories albums and tried to do that style for about 2 months before realizing that I like texture and embellishments. I just finished my first album for me (finished several for other people but none for myself), which was our 2006 family album. Like most other scrappers, I'm currently working on several more; WDW 2005, DLR 2006, Brownie Girl Scouts, Junior Girl Scouts, kitty album, 2007 family album, Wedding album AND going back to scrap all of the pictures that are lying in boxes around the house.

In addition to scrapping, I knit, sew and read voraciously - mostly science fiction and fantasy. DH and I both LOVE, LOVE, LOVE football. I even postponed our outgoing flight for our honeymoon because I didn't want to miss the Sunday games. Yes, his friends think he is lucky. :goodvibes

I am the big Disney freak in our household. DH tolerates it but doesn't love it like I do. We try to go to Disneyland at least once a year but it can be hard since we live 8 hours away. DH's family is in Florida so we are lucky that we can combine Disney trips with family trips. We still don't get out there often enough though. We are doing DLR again this December and are doing WDW and our first Disney Cruise next September.

I was born in Texas and lived there 'til I was 21. I also spent my summers in New Orleans growing up (talk about HOT and MUGGY!) so I'm a total southern girl. I would move back to Texas in a heartbeat if DH said let's go. My license plate frame even says you can take the girl out of Texas but you'll never take Texas out of the girl.

Unfortunately, I type the way I talk and I even journal the same way. I'll stop now before I bore anyone else. TFL!!!

This is so true!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :grouphug: Hugs from Texas!

jmlaw
08-16-2007, 09:04 PM
I just discovered the creative community on the DIS and thought I'd say hello. I have been scrapbooking since my now DS15 was a baby. I'm a single mom and I work full time, but I love my job. I work for a major non-profit serving kids. We live in a suburb of Minneapolis, which is actually pretty nice this time of year, but I'll be singing a different tune when the snow starts to fly again (and again and again.)

My son and I are both Disney fanatics and are planning our next trip for August 2008. We are also bringing my niece (also 15) with us. I just bought a Cricut Expression, so I'm having a very good time scrapping our last Disney trip. I'm excited about these boards with people who share both my obsessions, scrapping and Disney!!!!!

New England Eeyore
08-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Hello :wave2:

My name is Suzanne and I'm a Disney-holic. I come by it naturally - we went do WDW or DL every year from age 1.5 to age 9. Then I rediscovered it in 2000 and have been 10 times since then. DH used to love it like I did (he's the one that brought me back after all those years) but a couple years ago decided he didn't love it so much anymore, so now he'll only go every few years. Luckily he doesn't stop me from going, so I found a great new travel partner in my Dad, who freely admits he goes just for the food. We're going again in - check the ticker - something like 72 days.

I've been married five years (been together for 8) and have 3 stepdaughters - 18, 17 and 14. 18 and 14 are with us every weekend and even more in the summer. We also have a kitty, Lucky, who is totally my baby.

I've been scrapping since 2000 (wow, that's a long time - I feel like I should have so much more to show for it!) after that first trip back to Disney. I did do a pretty good job at keeping up to date until I discovered the DISboards. Since then I've spent more time swapping than scrapping, but I'm trying to get back on track.

I work long, crazy hours, so I totally depend on those 3 things for my sanity - scrapping, trips to Disney, and the DIS boards.

BernardandMissBianca
08-16-2007, 10:34 PM
My name is Lisa, as if you didn't know, right? LOL

I live in a small town on the way to Don't Sneeze or you'll miss it, CT near Buffy. I am more likely to see turkey, deer, and on occasion the local farmer's loose cow in my yard, than a person.

My DH and I have been married over 17 years, we have a special needs DD who is 14. I work full time for the federal government and am also a Creative Memories Consultant. I got into scrapbooking over three years ago when a friend gave me a 7 x 7 CM album to use for our Disney cruise. DD LOVED it. Since she is a visual learner I immediately got hooked.

We go to Disney at least once a year, because that is one of the few places were we can vacation and feel like a typical family. MK is where my daughter said her first phrase, "I did it!" as we left MK after the day. It was truly like a Disney commercial.

blink not sneeze!!!! Oy what am I going to do with you????

Lisa
08-17-2007, 07:11 AM
blink not sneeze!!!! Oy what am I going to do with you????

Did ya know that you blink when you sneeze? You should know by now I am beyond help.:scared:

logan&tylersmama
08-17-2007, 07:57 AM
THANKS FOR MAKING ME CRY THIS MORNING LISA - What a great story!!!
Jennifer

We go to Disney at least once a year, because that is one of the few places were we can vacation and feel like a typical family. MK is where my daughter said her first phrase, "I did it!" as we left MK after the day. It was truly like a Disney commercial.[/QUOTE]

MyLittlePiglet
08-17-2007, 08:28 AM
Hmm what to say. 30yo working mom (historian) to DsD12, DD almost 3, and gestating one currently scheduled for a C-section on the 15th of October. I am getting HUGE and sleeping is getting fun and nonexistant. I love to craft and scrapbook and sew and knit and spin..... problem is I usually get obcessed with one for awhile stop the others and rotate etc. Currently ,like all of us, I have too much on my plate, but am counting the days until I can be on materity leave BEFORE the baby comes so I can do things like make her curtains and bedding etc We are switching 3 rooms as part of this whole baby thing so I have been/ will be busy. Currently live in NJ, but hoping to move sooner than later. Hmm enough info? :rolleyes1

PS DH is the Disney freak, but it is rubbing off. HE was the one who told me about the DIS and the creative community ( I rarely wonder elsewhere)

DisneyMommyMichelle
08-17-2007, 08:33 AM
:wave: hello fellow October mommy :wave: I don't have my C-Section scheduled! I'm hoping we will do that at our next appt. Right now my Due date is 10/17, So i'm thinking the 7th or around there :)

vanyel
08-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Hi all,

My name is Cathy. I have two dds, one is 24 & moving to Atlanta on Sunday then getting married in Dec (she still hasn't found a job there and is a wreck). The other is 26 and doesn't know what she wants to be when she grows up. Dh is still looking for a job after getting laid-off in April. My two fur-babies are mini-dachshunds, one that was rescued. Love them all!

I'm the director of retention programs at a college and I mostly love my job! It's always busy but I work closely with lots of students and I love that!

Scrapbooking- I started in April 06 when I made a scrapbook for my Dad's 80 bd. I was desperate for something unique. It was fun and he liked it. Plus I keep reading the scrapbooking posts on the Creative Board and I was jealous of all the fun you seemed to have here. Now I'm hooked and I keep spending more money but it's fun and relaxing. Thanks all of you enablers :lmao:

Other hobbies - reading, beading, watching home decorating and reality shows, movies, lazing with my puppies (note everything is sedentary - guess that's why I need to lose weight).

That's me in a nutshell!

MyLittlePiglet
08-17-2007, 02:14 PM
:wave: hello fellow October mommy :wave: I don't have my C-Section scheduled! I'm hoping we will do that at our next appt. Right now my Due date is 10/17, So i'm thinking the 7th or around there :)

Yeah i thought it was weird we scheduled in so early in the pregnancy... but what do I know my first was an emergency section. My DD's b-day is the 17th so if all goes well we will have a 15th and 17th babies. BTW are you just feeling done lately I am!!! I know she needs to "cook" more but this pregnancy is tougher than the first!

DisneyMommyMichelle
08-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah i thought it was weird we scheduled in so early in the pregnancy... but what do I know my first was an emergency section. My DD's b-day is the 17th so if all goes well we will have a 15th and 17th babies. BTW are you just feeling done lately I am!!! I know she needs to "cook" more but this pregnancy is tougher than the first!
oh yes we have that in common! Gabriel was an emergency C too! And this pregnancy is ALOT worse! i have told my DH that I have been ready to stick my hand up there and pull him out myself!! :laughing: It's just been awful weather for being the size of a small house :)

patchchild
08-17-2007, 07:56 PM

I laughed out loud when I read this. I headed out this morning and had to stop on the side street near my house. Not one, not two, but three horses had gotten loose. Two were grazing on this cute little development style home's lawn, and the other was still meandering down the street. This older man, just in jeans (just got up?), was standing there, scratching his head, looking at them. I have to assume that he was trying to figure out exactly how to get three horses home before the home owners woke up. I love small towns.

Mickeyteacher
08-18-2007, 06:10 AM
Hi! I'm Shawna. I'm a 32 year old 5th grade educator. I have a wonderful DH who will be 35 next weekend. We have two wonderful children DS, 7 and DD, who will be 4 next month. When I'm not working, I spend time doing things with the kids and my DH. I have been scrapbooking for 10 years, swapping for 2 years, hostessing for 1 year and going to retreats and crops for 2 years.
I have always be involved in some kind of craft project. I tend to do crafts wth the kids all the time.
We live in a town north of Atlanta. We can hear the cows and the chickens in the morning from our back porch.
Since I grew up in South Florida, Disney has always been a part of my life. I'm glad to be passing that on to my DH and kids. We are currently planning a two week trip for next summer. This kids are helping us.
I have been Dising for the last four years, but only on the swap/ scrap board for the last two in a half. I'm so glad that I have found this wonderful group of ladies.
S :)

lewdyan1
08-18-2007, 06:21 AM
Wow! This is a great thread!:goodvibes I go away for two weeks and it is nice knowing I never have to worry about you guys! As a moderator, I definitely have an easy job!:)

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Dyan and I am a Disney freak! I usually go to WDW about 5 times a year. I just returned from there, where I met 7 other families I have gotten to know on the community board. This place is a wonderful place to make lasting friendships!:goodvibes

I am 41 and the mom to DS12 (7th grade:eek: ) and DD10 (last year of elementary school:cool1: ), and three dogs Duke, Tinkerbell and Tigger! My DS is a tennis player and my DD is a Twirler. My DH works full time and allows me to stay home and take care of the family!:) I am a confirmed scrap shopper, but can't remember the last time I scapped!:blush: Oh, and I live in Sunny South Florida (y'all will hate me in a few months)!

I love Dirty Dancing, but my favorite movie is A&E's Pride and Prejudice.:love:
Oh, one more thing, I am obssessed with reality TV!

vanyel
08-18-2007, 06:32 AM
I love small towns.

I grew up on a farm near blink and miss it town and sometimes wonder how I ended up in NWI near Chicago lol. I envy you all that still live in those small towns!

GBShorts
08-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Hi everybody!!

I'm so excited this thread came in to being. :) As I have read up and caught up with who's who, I'm finding so many similarities and such a wide variety of ages, careers, likes, dislikes and so on. What a fun community to have become a part of.

My name is Becca. I just turned 30 last month...:scared1: No kids here but JP and I will have been married for six years next month. We have a furbaby named Buster. He's a poundpuppy and we love him to death! I teach 6-8th grade French at a middle school and this year I'm picking up teaching 2 classes of Drama. Last spring our school's drama club did High School Musical (Many of you may have read this) and I played the part of Ms. Darbus. Because of that, my principal figured I'd be GREAT for the position. Little did she know, that was my acting debut. :D

I've really been scrapbooking since I was a kid, but in books since about 2000. I had a bulletin board on my wall in my room where I kept pictures, flowers from dances, and so on but I could never just pile them on top of each other. I would take it off the wall and spend HOURS re-arranging it how I wanted so that you could see every single little thing on it.

My other hobbies include sitting here like a bum and reading this and the Cricut message boards, chatting with my friends, reading, watching movies, and many many different crafty things. I too tend to find something I like or learn something new and follow that for awhile, then switch to another outlet. So far I've taken up: cross stitch, crochet, knitting, knitted felting, needle felting, sewing, quilting, cake decorating, web site design, photography, video editing...the list goes on and on and my basement supply drawers grow fuller and fuller. I'm lucky to have a husband who tolerates my insanities.

I play VMK (as you can tell my the tag fairy up there) and am better known around the boards as Shorts. Even my students who I tell about VMK (Hey, I'd rather them play that than Grand Theft Suto!) started calling me Shorts by the end of the school year. I haven't played much this summer. I'm too busy recuperating from last school year. :D

I'm talking a lot, I'm sorry. Oh, I'm lefthanded too, I should go "sign in" on that thread too.

Have a great day and thanks for sharing your stories and reading mine! popcorn::

DisneyMommyMichelle
08-18-2007, 01:11 PM
yaaaaayy leftie!!

BernardandMissBianca
08-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Hi! I'm Shawna. I'm a 32 year old 5th grade educator. I have a wonderful DH who will be 35 next weekend. We have two wonderful children DS, 7 and DD, who will be 4 next month. When I'm not working, I spend time doing things with the kids and my DH. I have been scrapbooking for 10 years, swapping for 2 years, hostessing for 1 year and going to retreats and crops for 2 years.
I have always be involved in some kind of craft project. I tend to do crafts wth the kids all the time.
We live in a town north of Atlanta. We can hear the cows and the chickens in the morning from our back porch.
Since I grew up in South Florida, Disney has always been a part of my life. I'm glad to be passing that on to my DH and kids. We are currently planning a two week trip for next summer. This kids are helping us.
I have been Dising for the last four years, but only on the swap/ scrap board for the last two in a half. I'm so glad that I have found this wonderful group of ladies.

when is DH's b'day?? My DH's b'day is Sat!!!

BernardandMissBianca
08-18-2007, 08:31 PM
I love Dirty Dancing, but my favorite movie is A&E's Pride and Prejudice.:love:
Oh, one more thing, I am obssessed with reality TV!

Cutting Edge- Toe pick!

I grew up on a farm near blink and miss it town and sometimes wonder how I ended up in NWI near Chicago lol. I envy you all that still live in those small towns!

near my blink and miss town or another one???

bigbabyblues
08-18-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm Steph, 31, married to DH Chris for 10 years, and mommy to Trevor (6-1st grade starting Monday) and Isaac (4, preschool).

I'm addicted to all things Disney, love visiting WDW, and enjoy scrapbooking.

MomOf2DisneyKids
08-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Cutting Edge- Toe pick!

toooooooe pick!!

Love that part!:thumbsup2

Mickeyteacher
08-19-2007, 05:57 AM
when is DH's b'day?? My DH's b'day is Sat!!!

August 26th.... good thing it is still a week away- I need to buy him a present from the kids and I.

Tell your DH.....:bday:

S:)

Mickeyteacher
08-19-2007, 06:01 AM
Ok, we must all be children of the 80's.... I like to watch Cutting Edge, Dirty Danceing buy my all time favorite movie is
Space Camp.....
Wipe Me, Beat ME, Take away my Charge Cards. NASA is Talking!

YodasMom
08-19-2007, 08:50 AM
Hi Everyone.....I'm Karen. I've been DIS'ing since 1999, and swapping on the Scrap / Swap Board for about 2 years. I don't get time to scrap, so I spend my extra time swapping and collecting swaps. I keep saying it's gotta change!!

I'm mom to 2 corgi doggies, 12 1/2 years and almost 4 1/2 months old. The puppy's name is "Disney", as most people who've been around a couple of months know. By the way, Disney is doing well and is a little cutie, but he's a little twit right now and starting to try to exert his independence!

My other interests are singing, music, photography, anything nature involved, hiking, etc. .....mainly singing and music right now, though, because it takes so much time.

I live in a rain forest type climate here in northern Illinois, and am thinking I should be spending the weekend building an arc, rather than working on swaps. It just doesn't stop raining!!

I just noticed that I live about 20 minutes east of DisneyMommyMichelle!!

I work as a case manager and travel thoughout the Chicagoland area, but my office is in my home and I'm there (here) at least 50% of my working hours.

I've been to WDW 50+ times. I have family and friends living in central and south Florida so I stop by when I'm visiting them as well as making trips just to WDW. I'll never get tired of it.

I'm going back down, unless something interferes, on September 29 for a week......just planned it a week ago and am in the process of confirming it. I love anything historical about Walt Disney and the Disney parks. Since it will be the 25th anniversary of Epcot, I just need to be there to see if they finally decide to do a commemoration.

Mickster
08-19-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm Karen (age 36) and I have been married for 13 years to Frank (age 37). We have 2 kids (DS age 7 and DD age 4). DS is starting 2nd grade on the 27th and DD is starting PreK on Sept 5. I have been a SAHM for 7 years, with a side business of making invitations and stuff like that, but I am about to start a part time job working from home doing email support. I am very nervous about working 20 hours a week, but it will be all on the computer, so I can DIS a little. :)

I have been scrapbooking for over 10 years now. I went to my first CM party and didn't even bring money. I totally thought that I didn't have the creative bent to put pages together. I had to borrow money from the hostess so I could get started! :) Good thing I didn't have any kids then! Not that I got much done.

I am definitely the Disney fan in our house, but my kids are holding their own. They certainly get it! Makes our trips so much more fun! My DH could take it or leave it. After we went in June, he stated that he didn't need to go back for 5 years or so. The rest of us decided that we weren't sure we could wait 5 months!:rotfl: So, we're going back in January. I'm hoping my DH does come because we'll be celebrating my parents' 40 wedding anniversary there and my sister and her family and my brother and his wife will be there too!

Tigger1221
08-19-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm Jill and I am 23 years old. I have been married to DH for a little over a year but have known him for around 8 years. We have no kids but to cats who are our fur kids. I am still in college and I work at Target.

I am a huge Disney freak! I did the WDW college Program in 2005. Was proposed to at MK, had my wedding at WDW, and honeymooned on DCL. DH is a Disney convert, before me he had never been to Disney. Next year we are taking a huge disney vacation (WDW/DCL/DL all in one trip).

I have been scrapping for 5 years. I am currently setting up a scrap room in my house. I normally scrap with my DM who is building a scrap room onto her house! I just got into swapping and I love it!

Oh and I am right handed.

Faerie
08-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Oh, and I live in Sunny South Florida (y'all will hate me in a few months)!

That makes two of us. I get the "I hate you" from the Family who live in SE Massachusetts from about November through April.

SusieStone
08-19-2007, 02:00 PM
I am 42 yo single mom of an awesome 5 year old DS who starts first grade in a week.

I have been scrapping for 4 years and have not finished an album yet.

I love all kinds of papercrafts.

I have recently gotten a bind it all that I really want to start playing with...that is another story.

I want to learn how to do stuff with clip art and the computer. I think HopeMax is a genius. But I realize we all have our own things we are good at.....

I love everyone's personalities on here and it's nice to get away from it all with you gals.

hopemax
08-19-2007, 03:03 PM
I want to learn how to do stuff with clip art and the computer. I think HopeMax is a genius. But I realize we all have our own things we are good at.....

While I appreciate the sentiment, I am SOOO not a genius. Someone with too much time on her hands, that I will admit to. I have no job, no kids, no house to maintain and the most low maintenance husband in the world (except when he's sick). As long as he has a tv to watch soccer he is happy. So then I can spend 5 hours cutting out tiny baboon pieces.

Genius should be reserved for someone who is juggling kids, and jobs and a household, especially on their own, and still finds the energy and time to make beautiful handcrafted items for people they haven't met. You, know, someone like you!

SusieStone
08-19-2007, 03:43 PM
While I appreciate the sentiment, I am SOOO not a genius. Someone with too much time on her hands, that I will admit to. I have no job, no kids, no house to maintain and the most low maintenance husband in the world (except when he's sick). As long as he has a tv to watch soccer he is happy. So then I can spend 5 hours cutting out tiny baboon pieces.

Genius should be reserved for someone who is juggling kids, and jobs and a household, especially on their own, and still finds the energy and time to make beautiful handcrafted items for people they haven't met. You, know, someone like you!

Okay, you made my cry.......

New England Eeyore
08-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Ok, we must all be children of the 80's.... I like to watch Cutting Edge, Dirty Danceing buy my all time favorite movie is
Space Camp.....
Wipe Me, Beat ME, Take away my Charge Cards. NASA is Talking!

Oh my gosh talk about a flashback! I don't think I've seen Space Camp in years! Is it out on DVD? I may have to introduce my girls to that one.

Cutting Edge is another favorite, but while I :love: d Dirty Dancing as a kid, I can't watch it anymore. Something about Patrick Swayze skeeves me out. I can only tolerate him in the Outsiders because all the other cuties balance him out.

Mickeyteacher
08-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Oh my gosh talk about a flashback! I don't think I've seen Space Camp in years! Is it out on DVD? I may have to introduce my girls to that one.

Cutting Edge is another favorite, but while I :love: d Dirty Dancing as a kid, I can't watch it anymore. Something about Patrick Swayze skeeves me out. I can only tolerate him in the Outsiders because all the other cuties balance him out.

I have it on DVD. If you can find it PM me and I will look at BJ's for it. I watch it often while I'm scraping in the bedroom.

New England Eeyore
08-19-2007, 06:46 PM
I have it on DVD. If you can find it PM me and I will look at BJ's for it. I watch it often while I'm scraping in the bedroom.

I just checked Amazon and they have it. I remembered Lea Thompson was in it but I totally forgot who else was - that line you quoted was delivered by Mrs. John Travolta!? And Joaquin Phoenix back when he was Leaf!? I am so ordering this! You just made my day!

vanyel
08-19-2007, 07:12 PM
near my blink and miss town or another one???

No in Western PA, and it was literally blink and miss it - a flashing stop light with a little mom & pop store on one corner, a gas station on another, and old homes on the other two corners. My parents still live on the farm outside of the town.

I might not have been a child of the 80s but I watched those movies with my girls. Two of our favorites (I think from the 80s) are still The Goonies and Stand by Me. I wouldn't let them see Dirty Dancing until they were a few years older - I havent' watched that one in years.

DisneyMommyMichelle
08-19-2007, 09:23 PM
I live in a rain forest type climate here in northern Illinois, and am thinking I should be spending the weekend building an arc, rather than working on swaps. It just doesn't stop raining!!

I just noticed that I live about 20 minutes east of DisneyMommyMichelle!!

Oh wow!!! :wave: Hiya neighbor!!!! :woohoo:

BernardandMissBianca
08-19-2007, 09:40 PM
No in Western PA, and it was literally blink and miss it - a flashing stop light with a little mom & pop store on one corner, a gas station on another, and old homes on the other two corners. My parents still live on the farm outside of the town.

I might not have been a child of the 80s but I watched those movies with my girls. Two of our favorites (I think from the 80s) are still The Goonies and Stand by Me. I wouldn't let them see Dirty Dancing until they were a few years older - I havent' watched that one in years.

that was us up until a few years ago. We are up to 3 stop lights now, that last one just went in this year. I think my mom drove through the first light for 2 years til she realized it was there.

My3Suns
08-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Ok, I'll admit that I'm also a child of the 80's. I'll be 30 in a few weeks. Dirty Dancing (my dh thinks I'm nuts, b/c I still remember the lines to the movie) and Goonies were two of my favorite movies, as was the 1st Back to the Future movie. I actually caught Goonies on cable the other day, but I couldn't get DS (8) to watch for even a minute. Needless to say, I popped some popcorn popcorn:: and watched the entire movie. The other day, I even caught an episode of Kate & Ally on tv . . . talk about reminiscing.

Oh, and I'll check out the poll now . . . born a lefty, but school converted me to a righty (only for writing though) . . . so I'm officially a bothie (is that a word???).

PrincessNancy96
08-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Seapking of Dirty Dancing, Goonies (mom has that on tape), Kate and Ally.. What about Square Pegs w/ Sarah Jessica Parker ... Risky Business!!! Sixteen Candles...w/ Donger!

TPCShauna
08-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Seapking of Dirty Dancing, Goonies (mom has that on tape), Kate and Ally.. What about Square Pegs w/ Sarah Jessica Parker ... Risky Business!!! Sixteen Candles...w/ Donger!

Sixteen Candles is the BEST! And what about Ferris Bueller's Day Off? Anyone . . . anyone? :lmao:

AlexWyattMommy
08-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Call me the romantic. My favorite movie, that I can watch again and again...

Princess Bride.

BernardandMissBianca
08-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Bueller?
Bueller?
Bueller??

Breakfast Club, Princess Bride, St Elmo's Fire, 16 Candles, basically anything Molly Ringwald. LOL the new girl at the Barber Shop has Molly hair and as much as I would love to tell her I want to call her Molly, I don't think she's old enough the even know who MR is. :rolleyes:

Faerie
08-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Breakfast Club is one of my all-time favorite movies. I can watch it again and again

AlexWyattMommy
08-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Okay, most of you know me, the goof who is funny when she wasn't trying.

Going to be 39 next Tuesday and my youngest will be 6 that Friday. Got married later in life and so didn't have my first until the year I turned 30. Will be married 11 years in October. Knew my DH for about 5 years or so before dating. We have two boys, one dog, three cats and nine fish and live on 25 acres in the middle of nowhere close. No farm animals. Don't want that kind of commitment.

I've been collecting scrapbook stuff for almost a year now. I have quite the collection. You could shop in my scrap room and I wouldn't notice it gone until I needed it. I am addicted to paper. I love paper. I don't use the paper. I just need to have it look at and feel it.

I used to be very creative. Made my own cards as a young adult. Wrote poetry (really BAD poetry, now that I reread it. :lmao: ) and short stories. After having the boys, well, my brain is mostly swiss cheese.

I love to read. SciFi or historical books mostly.

And there you go, that's me. Hi!

DisneyMommyMichelle
08-20-2007, 12:57 PM
oooo I love the breakfast club!!! hmmmm....I think I may have to get that movie for when I'm bored as heck in the hospital with the little one!!

patchchild
08-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Absolutely the Princess Bride, and Breakfast Club was entertaining as well. The romantic fantasy lover in me will still pick the Princess Bride over anything else. Goonies though...haven't even thought of that one in ages. I was happily terrified by it growing up.

Downrivermama
08-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi ladies, I'm Tina and live in metro Detroit. I'm a single mom to dd 9. I was a later bloomer and had her 2 months shy of my 38th birthday (I just dated myself!) I've always been into crafts. My mom use to do alot of crafts and sew. I've probably tired most crafts out there. I still have my stain glass supplies and equipment even though I haven't done it in a long time! :lmao: Love counted x-stitch, card making and scrapping. Got into scrapping about 10 years ago when a friend became a CMC.

Got addicted to the DIS when I found it before a DCL cruise in 2006. Started swaping last year. Addicted to that too!

Well I'm the oldster here. I'm a child of the 60's!:scared1:

jennyL
08-20-2007, 01:45 PM
I think I've just been overlooking this thread somehow.

My name's Jenny and I'm 32. DH and I have been married for just over 3 years and have our first child on the way. I'm due Jan 31st and we go on the 30th to hopefully find out what we are having. I started officially scrapbooking for an engagement album and have been going every since. Before that I kept a scrapbook but it was mostly just pictures and memorabilia on paper without any extras.

Lets see another child of the 80s. I love the Cutting Edge and so does my 12 yr old sister. She also loves dirty Dancing and Footloose. The next great movie I think I'm going to introduce to her is Girls just want to have fun. SJP was in so many things. I too watched Square Pegs but I think I caught the reruns on USA when they had them.

TPCShauna
08-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Bueller?
Bueller?
Bueller??

Breakfast Club, Princess Bride, St Elmo's Fire, 16 Candles, basically anything Molly Ringwald. LOL the new girl at the Barber Shop has Molly hair and as much as I would love to tell her I want to call her Molly, I don't think she's old enough the even know who MR is. :rolleyes:

I had an intern who had never heard of Anthony Michael Hall. I felt OLD!

BernardandMissBianca
08-20-2007, 05:41 PM
I had an intern who had never heard of Anthony Michael Hall. I felt OLD!

have you seen him lately??? He's rather hot looking in Dead Zone, far cry from his Breakfast Club days.

going2disney
08-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Stephanie, just turned 32 :eek: (last week). I am Mommy to DS5-Carter (starting Kindergarten next week). I am a RN working the local emergency department. We live in Southcentral PA.

Ever since I was a child I have had a paper obsession, I would beg my mom to take me to the local card shop so I could get the pretty paper they sold "paper by the pound". Growing up I was always cutting magazines and making collages. I formally started scrapping two years ago and it has suited me perfectly- other than making me broke. I love to shop for supplies as much as I like to use them-which hasn't been nearly enough lately.

Our family is a Disney family and we've been lucky enough to get there yearly for the past five years. My tenth trip is just 5 weeks away and I can hardly wait!

My other addictions would be music- Dave Matthews Band and COFFEE!

party of 3
08-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi Everyone. I missed this thread because i was on vaca. So lets see....I'm Holly and I'm 41 and have just one ds who turned 5 1/2 while we were away. He is the love of my life! My dh and I have been married for 23 years so as you can see we waited 18 years for my little man. He is a such a blessing. I'm not sure if dh would agree, but i love him the most!!!!! (we fight about it all the time) I know, it's tough to be so loved, right?! I work as a credit union manager and have only been there almost a year. I left my last job-doing the same thing- after 20 years and it was just soooooo freeing. I have way more flexibility here. I basically come and go as I please. I don't take advantage of it because that's not my work ethic, but if need be i just leave. no ?'s asked.
I love all the 80's movies. Cutting edge, 16 Candles, Ferris Bueller, St. Elmo's Fire, Pretty in Pink, love them all!!!!! Could probably recite most of the lines for ALL of them.
I love all my scrapbook supplies. Especially my sizzix as AWM will tell you. I have a complete addiction to them. I'm not sure I will ever use some of them, but i HAVE to have them. I can't help it. So i'm more of a supply shopper than a user. Although I hope to change that soon. I do have a cricut, but i am ashamed to say i have never taken it out of the box. again, hopefully soon.
so that's me. :wave2:

calanniebu
08-21-2007, 08:46 PM
WOW ... Can't believe I missed this thread! But then it got posted while I was on vacation.

Another Child of the 80's here ... I'm Ryan Ann but you can call me Ryan and I'll be 29 on Dec 26th ... my wonderful DH of almost a year will turn the big 3-0 in January. We have been together for almost 4 years and he truly is my best friend! We took our first trip together - my first trip EVER and his first as an adult - in 2005 and I discovered the DIS when I was planning that trip. We honeymooned there in Oct of 2006, and haven't been back since :-( Although I can't really complain because I have 3 trips home to CA this year and we just got back from Savannah. Yes, home will always be CA but MY home is in the 'burbs north and slightly west of Boston.

I started scrapbooking officially with our 2005 Disney Album, but I had been dabbling in card making and stamping before that. I am a Sizzix and Quickutz addict and am waiting for an uber machine to be invented that prints photo-quality pictures AND cuts in 12 x 12!

bearbear
08-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Hi. I'm Cindy. I'm 35 only for a couple more days. I will be spending my birthday in Disney. I have been married for 11 years and we have been together for 15. My DH is a stay at home dad. I am an RN and just took the nurse manager position in the unit I have worked on for 10 years. (not so sure if I made the right decision).
We have three wonderful children. DD8, DS6 and DD2.We also have a Yellow lab Jaq. My kids don't start school until Sept 17. I'm jealous of hearing of all of you starting school already.
I have been scrapping since 2001. My friend invited me to a CM party and I was hooked. I actually became very good friends with my CM consultant. My DH and I are going on a cruise with her and her family in March. I just got her hooked on the DIS boards.
My DH and I are Disney fanatics. My first trip was our honeymoon.
As for movies from the 80's I love the cutting edge, and top gun. Moving into the 90's Pretty Woman is one of my favs. My DH loves National Lampoons Vacation and quotes it frequently.:confused3
All in all I'm so glad that I have met so many great people on this site.

PS:I am also left handed.

DisneyMommyMichelle
08-22-2007, 08:46 AM
yaay leftie!

Anyone remember the movie ICe Castles???

PrincessNancy96
08-22-2007, 09:24 AM
OMG! I remember Ice Castles!!!
Pretty in Pink....
My kids watched Breakfast Club the other night w/ DH and I..
They got so grossed out by the "snow" falling on the art picture! DD13 laughed.. DS11.. took him a while but grossed him out when he figured out what was going on! (Took him a few)..
Did any of you watch Land of the Lost? I think that was the name... it was actually in the mid-70's... that show was good too!!!

MissBubbles
08-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Hi all! My name is Wendy and I'm a 42 year old SINK (single income, no kids! LOL). I work as a Customer Service Rep for the same company for 16 years and live in a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri.

While I do not have 2 legged children, I do have 4 "furbabies" - all dogs - that take up a chunk of my life but I love all of them! :) I'm an avid scrapbooker and have been for about 10 years after starting with card making & stamping. I think this winter I'm going to try again to get someone to teach me how to crochet - I'm all thumbs so this will probably be another exercise in futility.

I also love to travel (especially Disney), read, watch movies, internet surf and enjoy my family and close friends. This is definately my favorite online community and there are some great people on the boards here! :woohoo:

party of 3
08-22-2007, 03:08 PM
omg i remember ice castles. she was blind right?????

oh and land of the lost! that was on sat. mornings for us. wow, i have not thought about that one in a long time. how about lost in space? that was an afterschool one for us. i was not a fan, but my sister was a huge fan.

PrincessNancy96
08-29-2007, 02:30 PM
btt

party of 3
08-29-2007, 02:38 PM
btt

:confused3
what's that mean?? btt???? am i missing something????

PrincessNancy96
08-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Bump to top....
just to get it fresh in the minds!!!

party of 3
08-29-2007, 06:00 PM
thanks nancy. i thought it was something like that!

PrincessNancy96
08-29-2007, 06:14 PM
No problem!!! :)
Ok, off to get dinner done..and homework..and reviews for a few quizzes.. You know.. there are days... I'd love to just jump in the car and drive to the world to have my cares thrown out the window just for a few minutes!!!(hint, the insinuation that somebody here (not family related) has put me in a mood!)

party of 3
08-29-2007, 06:22 PM
No problem!!! :)
Ok, off to get dinner done..and homework..and reviews for a few quizzes.. You know.. there are days... I'd love to just jump in the car and drive to the world to have my cares thrown out the window just for a few minutes!!!(hint, the insinuation that somebody here (not family related) has put me in a mood!)

somebody here?????

BernardandMissBianca
08-29-2007, 07:30 PM
somebody here?????

don't ask, long story, I was a bad bad girl. well, it wasn't really me but it was funny.

solferino
08-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Hi everyone- I'm Lynn, 37 and married. DH is 39 at the end of Sept and our DD is 8. We live in rural Massachusetts. A couple of dogs, a couple too many cats and some chickens in the backyard.

I love crafty stuff, but knitting is my love. I'm like a drug-addict when it comes to cables. ;) Love them! My mom taught me the basics to knitting when I was 7 and I went from there.

I also do a lot of wool dyeing and handspinning. It's most helpful to have a boss that also has a sheep farm. ;) I dabble in sewing, polymer clay, watercolors, collage and gardening. I love food but loathe cooking.

I work at DD's school running the after school program and subbing in the preschool class 2 afternoons a week. Great gig, couldn't ask for a better job because I'm pretty much allowed all the creative license I want when it comes to projects with the kids. I also do a week-long art program during the summer for older kids that's always great fun.

FWIW, I'm ambidextrous. Do I get some points for that or does it even itself out? (haha)

lovetoscrap
08-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Hi! :wave2:

I am Laura, most call me LTS on the boards because if you forget or move the "s" in my user name it causes a problem so the initials are just easier! Married with 2 girls ages 7 and 11.

I have been on the DIS for awhile since planning our one and only "Once in a Lifetime, Never Going Back" trip back in '03. Since then we have been back 3 more times and are planning another one for next spring, after my solo trip to the Ladies Only meet in Nov. So much for Once in a Lifetime!:rotfl2: I am trying to talk hubby into a Disney Cruise now. . .:rolleyes1

I knew this board was here, but kept telling myself to stay away since I knew once I visited I would be sucked in and never able to leave, and it would probably inspire me to do something drastic--like pull out my scrap stuff and start working again. Well, GUESS WHAT? I was RIGHT! I plan to blame Dyan for the messy house, lack of meals and piles of laundry!

I have been scrapping, shopping, collecting and hoarding for about 8 years now, but have very little to actually show for it. Well except for a credit card bill and a huge closet full of stuff! I have done various gift albums over the years so it seems like my personal scrapbooking gets pushed aside.

I also enjoy other crafts like cross stitch, some beading, simple knitting, and other easy projects. I also enjoy baking, cake decorating and cooking, but I don't do that very much either. My mother is a cooking "contester"--she enters cooking/recipe contests and is pretty good at it. She has won several and has been to the Pillsbury Bake Off twice.

I am right handed, meaning I am NOT creative. I beg, borrow and steal every creative idea that I do. I am the ultimate scraplifter. I am also a child fo the 80's. And really upset that "my" music is now being played on the OLDIES stations!:eek:

Oh, and I also talk a lot!:hyper2:

lewdyan1
08-30-2007, 05:21 AM
I love crafty stuff, but knitting is my love. I'm like a drug-addict when it comes to cables. ;) Love them! My mom taught me the basics to knitting when I was 7 and I went from there.
Welcome! I wish I could knit, I love the cables also! My mom is teaching my DD to knit, so maybe she will grow up and make me sweaters!:)

Hi! :wave2:

I knew this board was here, but kept telling myself to stay away since I knew once I visited I would be sucked in and never able to leave, and it would probably inspire me to do something drastic--like pull out my scrap stuff and start working again. Well, GUESS WHAT? I was RIGHT! I plan to blame Dyan for the messy house, lack of meals and piles of laundry!
Why should you be any different than any of us. And if your house is a mess, we have threads for that too. We, er, well the others clean a room a month, I just pretend those threads won't open, it's a computer problem, ya know!:rolleyes1

Oh, and I also talk a lot!:hyper2:
Ya think!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Faerie
08-30-2007, 07:36 AM
I am also a child fo the 80's. And really upset that "my" music is now being played on the OLDIES stations!:eek:
OR worse, when you head a remake and know it's a remake and the kids look at you like your nuts.... I know what my parents we thinking when I was younger

Queenie
08-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Hi all, can't believe I still haven't gotten around to posting here!

I'm Sophie, I'm 20 and part of the very small (but perfectly formed) British contingent here on the DIS creative boards! I'm engaged to DF (almost 12 years my senior - :scared: ) and we're getting married next year with a honeymoon in WDW/DCL - it'll be our first cruise. I'm a SAHFiancee and OH works as an accountant for the National Health Service.

Right now I'm learning to drive and bought my first car at the weekend so I have something to practice in with DF, I will slowly be Disney-fying it much to his distaste! I am also studying for my undergraduate degree through a distance learning university, I'm hoping to graduate around 2012 so I'm in this for the long haul. I'm studying physics mainly with loads of other stuff thrown in. Right now I'm on a stuy break til November and teaching myself Latin from books to fill the gap.

I started scrapping in 2005 and have several completed albums but even more on the go! I'd love to be on top of it before I have children but reality steps in and says uh huh... no way! I have a whole corner of the dining room devoted to stash, luckily DF is very understanding as he loves to see the albums come to life.

Finally we are going to Las Vegas in a few weeks to celebrate my 21st, there's no where better! We're following that up with a few days at DLR and then just over a week at WDW - can't wait as it will be our first time on property, we've rented BCV through the DIS. DF's parents are coming with us to celebrate and his mum's birthday falls in our week at WDW so we get to celebrate twice! :banana:

BernardandMissBianca
08-30-2007, 08:02 AM
So Queenie, what car did you end up buying??

Queenie
08-30-2007, 09:51 AM
It's a silver & grey Smart ForFour, they're very uncommon as most people find them decidedly ugly, I think it's funky as heck! I've got some pics online, apparently you don't need to be a member of the site to view them:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12227&l=0e3c2&id=508863968

PrincessNancy96
08-30-2007, 11:01 AM
somebody here?????
Nope, no one here... Some people in town here just need to be buried under a rock.. they need to return home and stay there!:thumbsup2
don't ask, long story, I was a bad bad girl. well, it wasn't really me but it was funny.
Yeah, you know I'd just yell at you! LOL No actually Buffy is the one who usually talks me down when I get in an uproar!

It's a silver & grey Smart ForFour, they're very uncommon as most people find them decidedly ugly, I think it's funky as heck! I've got some pics online, apparently you don't need to be a member of the site to view them:

Wow Queenie! Nice ride!!!! I love the 2 tone!!! :)

AlexWyattMommy
08-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Queenie, that is one futuristic looking car. My boys want to know when they can have one.
Good luck with learning to drive. I believe I will be sending my boys to anyone I don't know personally for them to learn to drive. Nobody would want to stay my friend afterwards. :rotfl:

Queenie
08-30-2007, 12:45 PM
It's considered very odd to be taught by friends or family over here, the vast majority learn through a driving school, myself included. Now I'm considered pass standard, I go out with my DF just for practise, running errands etc.

There's no way I'd own that car in the USA, it's quite a small car even over here so it would look like a child's toy going down the road over there!!

PrincessNancy96
08-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Hey all you 80's kids... Ferris Buellers Day Off is on Friday night on the TV Land channel.. I almost chocked on the preview! I'll check times for everyone!!!

DisneyMommyMichelle
08-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Love that movie!!! :yay:

BernardandMissBianca
08-30-2007, 01:11 PM
It's considered very odd to be taught by friends or family over here, the vast majority learn through a driving school, myself included. Now I'm considered pass standard, I go out with my DF just for practise, running errands etc.

There's no way I'd own that car in the USA, it's quite a small car even over here so it would look like a child's toy going down the road over there!!

Queenie,
DH drives a 1966 Austin Mini, it doesn't get any smaller than that!!! LOL
People ask us all the time if it's real.:rolleyes:
You can't buy the smart car in the US, they refuse to allow them to be imported here. Don't know why, but they don't. BTW DH says he's happy to see the steering wheel is on the correct side! :rotfl2: His car was imported from the UK so it's a right hand drive too.

party of 3
08-30-2007, 02:46 PM
queenie,
cool looking car! good luck with it.

nancy,
thanks for the heads up on ferris bueller. my favorite part is when charlie sheen and ferris' sister are in the police station and she tells him he can call her shawna instead of jeannie! love that part!!!!!

PrincessNancy96
08-31-2007, 10:05 AM
Here are the times on TV land if you want to remember the 80's!!! I probably won't be able to watch it tonight...but I will be home in time from the dome fb game to watch it Saturday!!!

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
Friday, August 31 @ 10:00 PM ET/PT

Saturday, September 1 @ 8:00 PM ET/PT
This is on TVLand..
(tvland.com)

DisneyMommyMichelle
08-31-2007, 12:53 PM
I'm sooo tired and only half the day is gone :sad2:

party of 3
08-31-2007, 05:10 PM
i'll never make it to 10:00! good grief!
maybe tomorrow night!

PrincessNancy96
08-31-2007, 05:12 PM
I know what you mean PO3!!!

Although my kids are so wired, I'm about to go hide in my bedroom and just cover up under the blanket and pretend I can't hear them! :rotfl:

party of 3
08-31-2007, 05:30 PM
it must be the day, 'cause my ds is bouncing off the walls tonight. i'm not sure he's ever gonna go to bed tonight!!!!!

calgon take me away!!!!!

BernardandMissBianca
08-31-2007, 07:26 PM
It was a full moon the other day. Mine are being beyond horrible too.

PrincessNancy96
08-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Well, I'm still up and went ahead and programmed Ferris to come on when it's 10... I started to cat nap and of course everyone wanted something...so I'm in a grumpy mood and they are steering clear!!!

ohMom
08-31-2007, 09:48 PM
i just have to say, my FAVORITEST movie of all time is Princess Bride, and i too am bitter that the 80's is now considered classic? not right! i remember Bueller, in fact i've quoted it on the dis in past, and Breakfast Club is one of the first movies i taped to watch over and over and over.....

i'm Molli, i'm 35, as i've dated myself already, i live in Ohio with my beautiful family, DH of almost 12 years and DDs ages 15 and almost 11. I have been scrappin for, oh gosh, nearly 8-9 years now. my neighbor got three of us started with a CM party and i was totally beside myself to pay $10 to attend a home-sale party thingie. we still scrap together on weekends when we can.

i am soooo far behind in my albums that i'll be in swaps for a long long time....

i have been on the dis since 1999, took a short break and came back in 2003 when i just couldn't keep myself away from WDW. we have been fortunate to cruise 3 times and my hopes is to celebrate my 40th on a new DCL ship!