PDA

View Full Version : So, we finally booked!!!

simba_one
08-15-2007, 10:29 AM
After a year (since we got back from SoCal last Summer) of pondering, we finally booked our third holiday to SoCal today. :banana:

We'll be heading for the Happiest Place on Earth on July 30, 2008 and will be there thru August 20. We'll be staying at the Sheraton Park Hotel (I only wish we could stay at one of the on-site hotels but our budget doesn't quite stretch to almost $20,000 it would cost... :scared1: I dunno how some of you guys do it!), and have requested Disney view rooms on high floors. :goodvibes

So, it's finally booked and we know we're going!! :cloud9: And sounds like we got in just in time. There was only 13 seats left on the outbound flight and only 10 (so now 8) rooms left at the SPH. The brochure was only released just over a week ago! :eek: Anyways, we're booked and that's all that matters right? ;)

Danauk
08-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Thats great have fun planning. We will be there the same time as you next year (Aug 11th - 16th for our DL part of the trip.) I wish we could get our trip booked but we can't do that until the flights go on sale in September and can't booked the hotel until 11 months before due to using DVC points! 13 seats left on the flight!! Wow, that filled up fast. Who are you flying with?

simba_one
08-15-2007, 11:26 AM
As always, we're flying with Virgin. They're always SO great!! And the reps at the resorts are great to have at hand too.

I don't know whether going on a Wednesday has made any difference to there being on 13 seats left. If anything I would have thought there would be more on the weekday flights than the weekend ones? :confused3

You're flying with that business class company right? I did look into flying with them you know but it seemed as though it would still work out more expensive despite them being A LOT cheaper than Virgin. Their planes sure look nice though! :thumbsup2

Now comes the fun part... planning!!! :goodvibes

Danauk
08-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Yes, we are flying Max Jet which should be nice. Due to us using DVC points and staying at different hotels we book our trips seperately rather than going through a holiday company. We have flown Virgin in the past to Orlando and Las Vegas and have always had good service with them too. I agree about planning being the fun part, I haven't booked anything yet but I already have an itinerary planned!!

tinkermell
08-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Wow !!!! I can't believe you guys. A trip every year out here?? How cool is that?????????? :banana:
Do you like to go to DL Paris alot too??????????????????

Danauk
08-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Wow !!!! I can't believe you guys. A trip every year out here?? How cool is that?????????? :banana:
Do you like to go to DL Paris alot too??????????????????

We try to do a 1 or 2 week Disney trip every 18 months (I'd love to go to America every year but transatlantic flights in school holiday time cost major $$!! We are hopefully going to WDW again for christmas/new year 2009/10 so I looked up flights for this Christmas, $1900 per person!!!:scared1: )
I've been to DLP a few times (I acually prefer the Disneyland park at Paris to the MK!!) I guess I will be comparing DL to the DLP park more which should be nice.

disneegrl4eva
08-15-2007, 03:34 PM
I've been to DLP a few times (I acually prefer the Disneyland park at Paris to the MK!!) I guess I will be comparing DL to the DLP park more which should be nice.

I dont think there is a comparison....our lovely little park is like no other and as I have heard many times over by people who have done either DLP and WDW...our magic kindom far surpasses any other....and they all lived happily ever after:cloud9:

simba_one
08-16-2007, 04:45 AM
I went to DLRP for 2 days just last week for my 21st. As always, it was GREAT!! BUT it's not the same as the DLR or WDW. It's nice because it's only a few hours away but I'd rather pay more and travel for double (or triple) the time and go to either California or Florida.

I don't like to compare any ofthe Disney parks TOO much because they are all so different - despite being the same in a lot of ways. :rotfl: The service in California and Florida is WAYYYYYYYY better IMO though!!! And that makes ALL the difference. I'm not too keen on Paris' castle either.

Like Danauk said, flights to your beautiful country are MAJOR EXPENSIVE during the times we can go over here so it's less trips but for longer periods.

I can't wait 'til I finish Uni so I can take a trip during the school holidays in BOTH countries!! :goodvibes I'm gonna do WDW and the DLR early 2010 as a graduation gift to myself!!! :banana:

XTinabell
08-16-2007, 05:04 AM
Congrats on booking! We recently moved to Scotland and were itching to go back Disneyland california so we just finished booking our trip for this november and holy smoly it's expensive to fly from the UK to the States.

I'm from Canada so I'm used to paying no more than $300 for my flilght, this flight cost us something like 2000$, but we're going for 10 days and we're going to have a great time so it's all worth it, but very expensive.

simba_one
08-16-2007, 06:23 AM
I know right? It's madness that us Brits have to pay SO much to experience a little Disney Magic... :sad2: Like you say though, it's TOTALLY WORTH IT!!! :thumbsup2

Who did you book with? You know Virgin sometimes have some great late deals available. You could have got a pretty good rate going in November. :)

XTinabell
08-16-2007, 06:29 AM
No I had no idea about Virgin, we booked with BA. We paid extra for the premium seating, Im hoping that will help me sleep on the plane to avoid jet lag. This is my first trip back since I've moved here so I have no idea what jet lag will be like going the other way.

DLovinFam
08-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Congrats on booking your trip!! How exciting! Now we can all play the waiting game together. I love the anticipation of going. For the next 9+ months whenever I'm feeling blue about something, all I have to do is get lost in the thoughts of our upcoming Disney trip and I feel better.