PDA

View Full Version : Which Dining Quickest To Walk To...goofys (dlh) Or Chip & Dales (gch)

daffidyll
08-14-2007, 09:43 PM
I was originally planning on booking Goofy's kitchen at DH but would be walking from one of the good neighbour hotels accross the street and wondered if Chip & Dales at GCH would actually be closer? Also wondered do they serve breakfast BEFORE the park opens and if so, how would you get to it if not staying at the resort????? Does anyone know about how long the walk is to either of them?

Also, if anyone has had either or both breakfasts which is better?....probably more in terms of the characters and entertainment rather than the food because that is what we are mainly going for.

As always, any help/info is very much appreciated!!!

godalejunior
08-14-2007, 09:48 PM
We stayed across the street in May and Storyteller's is closer. We have done Goofy's kitchen for breakfast also when we stayed at DLH. We liked the food better at Storyteller's but the character interaction was much better in Goofy's. We had 7 or 8 characters at Goofy's and saw some of them even twice at our table. They had a dance and pots and pan music thing for the kids while at Storyteller's it was definitely more laid back. I think it is all in what type of experience you are looking for. DS liked Storyteller's but he said he wanted to go back to Goofy's, as he liked it more.

daffidyll
08-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks for that.....still torn though if Storytellers is closest but Goofy's better. By more laid back with Storytellers does that mean the characters don't entertain as much and/or there aren't as many? How long of a walk do you think to get to Goofy's?? Does anyone know if you can take the monorail to get there?

godalejunior
08-15-2007, 04:13 PM
The characters did not enterain for us when we were there and there were not as many characters roaming as there was at Goofy's.

tlovesdis
08-15-2007, 04:16 PM
C& D is closer if you are walking, but it's only another 5-10 minutes to Goofy's. We have done C & D and did not like it. The food was just ok and the characters and interaction were not that great. The ony characters there are C & D, Terk, Baloo, and Brer Bear (sp???). Goofy's will give you more character interaction for sure.

daffidyll
08-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Many thanks....it looks like Goofy's it is!

DangerMouse
08-15-2007, 04:35 PM
We LOVED Storytellers and HATED Goofy's. I appreciated the fact that at Storyteller's you an order off the menu and not feel like you have to eat your weight in food from the buffet in order to feel like you get your money's worth for the ridiculous price they charge you. I also liked the low-key nature of the meal. No banging on pots and pans and loud limbo lines. There are actually quite a variety of furry characters at C&D breakfast. There are usually 5 appearing from this list: Koda and Kenai, Meeko, Timon, Chip & Dale, Turk, Brer Bear, Baloo.

Like other's have said, it depends on what you are looking for. Goofy's is very high energy and loud and always very BUSY. Storyteller's seemed like a calmer environment overall. At Goofy's we were ignored for most of the meal on my son's birthday. Noone even acknowledged it was his special day and we had to ask for a character to visit our table. At Storyteller's we had an incredible experience where we felt truly pampered by the waitstaff and it was so uncrowded in there we felt like the characters spent lots of extra time with us. This is just our experience, but we will definitely be repeating Storyteller's Cafe on our next trip.

daffidyll
08-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Oh dear...here I go again LOL! Thanks DangerMouse....from your description of Goofy's maybe Storytellers would be better as my DD can get quite overwhelmed by lots of noise and goings on.

Has anyone done Minnie's breakfast? Know who is usually at that one and what it's like entertainment wise?

Emmo
08-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Does anyone know if you can view the buffet before you decide on buffet or menu choice? We are going on our trip in Sept!

iceskatejen
08-15-2007, 05:17 PM
At Minnie's the usual characters are Minnie, Chip & Dale, several Pooh characters, Capt Hook, usually the Fairy Godmother (though not always), and other assorted characters. No actual entertainment (like Goofy's Macarena or pan banging thing).

tlovesdis
08-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know if you can view the buffet before you decide on buffet or menu choice? We are going on our trip in Sept!

I'm sure you can. The buffet at Storyteller's is in the front and you pass it as you go to your seats.