PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual Monorail Drink-a-Thon - October 6, 2007

Dagny
08-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Hey everyone! It is time for our 3rd Annual Monorail Drink-a-thon followed by a little mischief at the Adventure's Club :)

Date: October 6, 2007 (so as to not conflict with MNSSHP on the 5th ;) )
Time: 7:00 pm
Start: Mizner's @ The Grand Floridian
2nd Stop: Outer Rim @ The Contemporary
Final Stop: Tambu Lounge @ the Polynesian

We have had a really fun group for the first two DATs so I hope you will be able to join us this year :) :) Any questions, please feel free to ask :)

TDC Nala
08-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Hey everyone! It is time for our 3rd Annual Monorail Drink-a-thon followed by a little mischief at the Adventure's Club :)

We have had a really fun group for the first two DATs so I hope you will be able to join us this year :) :) Any questions, please feel free to ask :)

But it doesn't matter if it conflicts with the Party for the Senses on the 6th I guess... :rolleyes1 I'll be at the club though.

Dagny
08-14-2007, 09:13 PM
But it doesn't matter if it conflicts with the Party for the Senses on the 6th I guess... :rolleyes1 I'll be at the club though.

Yeah, well, I couldn't please everyone ;) I am skipping the Senses this year and since we are doing HHN on the 7th :rolleyes1 We always have a good time at the club..... so I will be happy to see you there :)

travelin' tigger
08-16-2007, 07:26 AM

Oh, man! I moved my trip up to mid-September for a friend's birthday and now I'm going solo - go figure! Anyway you'll have to have a drink (or many) for me, especially at Jellyrolls!!! :dance3:

Dagny
08-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Oh, man! I moved my trip up to mid-September for a friend's birthday and now I'm going solo - go figure! Anyway you'll have to have a drink (or many) for me, especially at Jellyrolls!!! :dance3:

If you are solo, move it back up :p :rotfl: Our rockets dancing buddy, Harley Mouse, won't be there either... how will I survive JR without you guys.... :( Definitely can have a drink or two for you both though....

Harley-Mouse
08-16-2007, 04:11 PM
just be your self and people will come to you. Rock JR for the diser who can't join you. B E E R!!! That will get them going.

If you are not shore about geting to gether with Dangy or any other diser go have fun. I had a great time with our group verry nice people. We also had other in the bar come join us because we were having so much fun.:thumbsup2

BobWerner
08-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Darn it, I'll be at the Airport waiting to fly home by then. Sorry I have to miss this. BLAST!

TDC Nala
08-16-2007, 06:35 PM

Jellyrolls? We're not going there are we?

travelin' tigger
08-17-2007, 07:33 AM
If you are solo, move it back up :p :rotfl: Our rockets dancing buddy, Harley Mouse, won't be there either... how will I survive JR without you guys.... :( Definitely can have a drink or two for you both though....
I've seriously thought about it, but I'd lose my BWV std. studio and the points if I go after Oct. 1. I'll make a point of getting there at this time of year NEXT year, though!!! Gotta have JR reunion - that means you also, Harley Mouse!!!

wdwr
08-18-2007, 05:41 PM

What am I, dirt? :confused: Maybe I shouldn't room with you for the trip. You obviously don't appreciate me.:sad2:

Oh, are you buying???? Cuz I'm a pooooooor student remember.

I want to see you, T and Lauren doing this :dance3: after a few drinks. I'll take the blackmail photos!!!

Dagny
08-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Jellyrolls? We're not going there are we?

Different night... not to worry :)

Dagny
08-18-2007, 10:39 PM
What am I, dirt? :confused: Maybe I shouldn't room with you for the trip. You obviously don't appreciate me.:sad2:

Oh, are you buying???? Cuz I'm a pooooooor student remember.

I want to see you, T and Lauren doing this :dance3: after a few drinks. I'll take the blackmail photos!!!

I didn't realize you were so needy :rolleyes1

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:hug:

Dagny
08-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Ok, surely we have a few more peeps that can join! Thanks to everyone who has PM'd me directly :)

TDC Nala
08-20-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm not booked yet for the party, I have 3 to choose from... if I don't end up at that one I may go and do the drinking bit. But of COURSE I will still be at the club.

Dagny
08-31-2007, 02:56 PM
Any more adventurous people?

Come on, we don't bite... well, we *normally* don't bite ;)

:drinking1

tacomaranch
09-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Oh NO!

We arrive on Sept. 24 and leave on Oct 2nd. DH wanted so badly to join a drink a thon. He has been in training for months now!:dance3:

Is there any other drink a thons going on during our stay? Can we make one up for him?

Thanks, April

WhyIsTheRUMGone?
09-03-2007, 01:18 PM
tacomaranch's DH here. This is my first post on the boards, and I wanted to put it in an appropriate place. I'm a confirmed LOTW:drinking1 and I'm bummed that I'm going to miss the officail drink-a-thon. Guess I'll just drag tacomaranch along and do my own. pirate:

tiqr
09-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Any more adventurous people?

Come on, we don't bite... well, we *normally* don't bite ;)

:drinking1

PURRRRFECT!!:jumping3: :jumping3:

This is exactly what I was looking for. After spending a week in Orly (on business) I will have Disney-itis by the end of the week and be desperate for a fix. Hurray!!!:jumping1:

Count me in - please!!

Dagny
09-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Consider yourself counted :)

okaybye
09-08-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm in:) tell me where to meet who:)

Dagny
09-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Date: October 6, 2007

See you @ 7:00 pm. We will be the group rearranging all the tables in Mizners. Trust me they love it when we do that :)

lynn71092
09-11-2007, 10:54 AM
See you @ 7:00 pm. We will be the group rearranging all the tables in Mizners. Trust me they love it when we do that :)

And asking for separate checks for our whole group.:rotfl:

I'm in!!
What about Jennifer and Beth??

:drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1

Dagny
09-11-2007, 04:37 PM
And asking for separate checks for our whole group.:rotfl:

I'm in!!
What about Jennifer and Beth??

Oh and don't forget our DDE discount. muahahahaha....

Beth was still tenative on whether she needed to work that weekend, even though she got a nice promotion :) I need to IM Jen :)

Aidensmom
09-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Oh and don't forget our DDE discount. muahahahaha....

Beth was still tenative on whether she needed to work that weekend, even though she got a nice promotion :) I need to IM Jen :)

Beth is going to try hard to be there! I've learned, however, that a promotion does not mean that they will not pull you in to help out with your old job. :rolleyes: Hopefully though that will still be early enough in the month where I don't have to work the whole weekend. If only all the lounges had free wireless access, I could just work and drinkathon at the same time. :laughing: Really, I will be there unless it is just impossible.

Dagny
09-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Beth is going to try hard to be there! I've learned, however, that a promotion does not mean that they will not pull you in to help out with your old job. :rolleyes: Hopefully though that will still be early enough in the month where I don't have to work the whole weekend. If only all the lounges had free wireless access, I could just work and drinkathon at the same time. :laughing: Really, I will be there unless it is just impossible.

Yay!

I heard from Jason - he will be there AND it is his birthday too :D Looks like we have a great group again this year. Can't wait to see you guys!

TDC Nala
09-16-2007, 02:36 PM
I made this thing in my sig in response to another thread.

If I can ditch my mother on the 6th I will come. She won't want to do the drinkathon. Maybe I'll bring her anyway and buy her Cokes, and send her home to BCV before the AC thing. But we did decide that the wine school was enough on the 6th, so I'm free.

did Jen respond to IM, she won't be happy if we do AC without her.

When you guys come along to AC, it's always a really good night there for some reason.

Dagny
09-17-2007, 09:26 AM

If I can ditch my mother on the 6th I will come. She won't want to do the drinkathon. Maybe I'll bring her anyway and buy her Cokes, and send her home to BCV before the AC thing. But we did decide that the wine school was enough on the 6th, so I'm free.

When you guys come along to AC, it's always a really good night there for some reason.

Hey there :) We can certainly try to behave with your Mom there (yeah right, LOL). I have talked to Jen. Her dates changed so she won't even be in town the little stinker. We will just have fun without her and then rub it in later ;) :rolleyes1

wdwr
09-17-2007, 05:39 PM

Love the siggie picture! You always have the best ones.

Glad to see a few from last year will be around again. I'm horrible with names but great with faces...unless you are wearing sunglasses and I'm looking for you at Le Cellier later in the trip.

Aidensmom
09-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Love the siggie picture! You always have the best ones.

Glad to see a few from last year will be around again. I'm horrible with names but great with faces...unless you are wearing sunglasses and I'm looking for you at Le Cellier later in the trip.

I'll try not to wear my sunglasses this year. :laughing:

Bopsmom
09-24-2007, 07:13 PM
I got directed to this thread because I LOVED the drink-a-thon picture. I wish there were shirts with that logo!:cool1:
You guys sound like a great group. :dance3:
Do you plan summer drink-a-thons (if so sign me(+3) up for June'08) or Holiday ones (Xmas'08)?

Dagny
09-24-2007, 07:29 PM
I am usually there in June so you never know :) Sorry you can't make it this trip....

LaurenF
09-24-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm so happy to hear there will be a Drink-a-Thon! I hadn't asked specifically! Am happy to know the tradition continues!! :yay:

Dagny
09-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Oh my, she posted!!!

;)

A week to go until our trip -woo hoo :)

lynn71092
09-26-2007, 01:22 PM
;)

A week to go until our trip -woo hoo :)[/QUOTE]

Yup!!!!

:drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1

LaurenF
09-26-2007, 06:00 PM
yes, it took me a while to finally post but see what the subject of drinking will do!!! The Drink-a-Thon inspires me!! :)

TDC Nala
09-26-2007, 07:12 PM
I got directed to this thread because I LOVED the drink-a-thon picture. I wish there were shirts with that logo!:cool1:

thank you...made it myself :yay:

okaybye
09-26-2007, 07:43 PM
I agree... it should be on a t-shirt. Absolutely. I ripped it off to my computer to print out for a scrapbook, at the very least... I hope you don't mind...

Dagny
09-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Can't wait to see you guys....next week baby!

TDC Nala
09-27-2007, 08:07 PM
I believe I can guarantee that I won't be dressed as a pirate this year.

wdwr
09-27-2007, 09:10 PM

Will you still have the Rose???? :thumbsup2

Dagny
09-27-2007, 09:53 PM

As long as you don't dress in a lime green mumu, I think we are safe ;)

Dagny
10-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Last call :)

lynn71092
10-01-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm ready!!!:yay:

Dagny
10-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Is your sister joining us?

Aidensmom
10-01-2007, 09:19 PM
I am so sad. :sad1: I found out Friday I am going to have to work, I won't be able to join you all. Please all have a drink for me!

lynn71092
10-02-2007, 06:12 AM
Oh no, not Beth!!!!:scared1:

birdiesunshine
10-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Hello there. I hear my friend Beth is bailing on you guys:sad2: But that's ok cause she's bailing on me too. :sad2: Anyhoo, she said you may need some other drinkers. If no one minds, and we get an earlier flight on Saturday, we might want to partake in the festivites. Another DISer may be interested too. Is there room for more:)

lynn71092
10-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Hello there. I hear my friend Beth is bailing on you guys:sad2: But that's ok cause she's bailing on me too. :sad2: Anyhoo, she said you may need some other drinkers. If no one minds, and we get an earlier flight on Saturday, we might want to partake in the festivites. Another DISer may be interested too. Is there room for more:)

Always room for LOTW!!!!!
Come on down!!!!

:welcome:

okaybye
10-08-2007, 01:53 AM
What happened to y'all??? I know I was out playing with the guys (they got hungry and dragged me downstairs to Captain Hook's.) But when I came back up, no one was anywhere!!! Hewwo?

And so everyone understands what happened there... my friend thought it was just an idea of mine (the Monorail 'crawl' as it was called)... and that I would be all alone... so he invited a bunch of his friends. He didn't realize that I was trying to meet up with all of you! I was torn! AHHHHHHHHHHHH.... next time I'll just sneak in and not tell anyone:(

Was fabulous meeting all of you... wish I had more time to play with all of ya. I'm still here if y'all are... Find me!

Jason71
10-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Sorry I ended up missing the MDAT, last minute conflict. Hoping to return next year!

Dagny
10-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Sorry I ended up missing the MDAT, last minute conflict. Hoping to return next year!

We missed you... and we even brought gifts for your birthday :p

lynn71092
10-10-2007, 12:03 PM
We missed you... and we even brought gifts for your birthday :p

Yup, it's a shame that we have to send that Mazaratti back!! :car:

Bopsmom
02-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Hey Guys:wave2:

Anything planned for 2008?:thumbsup2

lynn71092
02-25-2008, 07:01 AM
Oh, I'm sure there will be one probably around the same time.

Aidensmom
02-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Oh, I'm sure there will be one probably around the same time.

There better be!

lynn71092
02-26-2008, 10:11 AM
There better be!

And you'd better show up this time!!!:grouphug:

deej696
02-28-2008, 06:57 PM
After finding this thread last year, my fiance and I said we really hoped there was a drink a thon in 2008. Just name the time and place and we will be there!:thumbsup2