PDA

View Full Version : How do we get the entertainment rate @ hojos?

natenapril
08-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Is there a book we need to order? We are going the beginning of Dec.

THanks a million, April

DangerMouse
08-14-2007, 01:00 PM
You should call the HoJo directly first at their local number: 714-776-6120.
Inquire if there are any Ent. rates available for your dates of stay.

Then, if there are, you can purchase the 2008 book at entertainment.com. You can and should purchase the book for where you live, then just use the card in the front of the book when you check-out of the HoJo.

Ally_DeVille
08-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Yes, you do need to order the book; order it for the town you live in, it will come with a card you'll use that for the hotel. You do not need to have the book now to make the reservation but will need it by the time you travel.

You MUST call the hotel directly and speak with ON-SITE reservations (the 800 number agents will give you a MUCH higher rate)

The HOJO's phone number is : (714) 776-6120

You'll want to get those rooms booked now.........

natenapril
08-14-2007, 01:10 PM
THanks for the quick response! I am hopping on the phone now!

natenapril
08-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Okay just got off the phone and she needs the number out of the book. So I am off to order it I guess.

I could have just got the military rate of 109 but I was hoping for a little better:rolleyes1

DangerMouse
08-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Okay just got off the phone and she needs the number out of the book. So I am off to order it I guess.

I could have just got the military rate of 109 but I was hoping for a little better:rolleyes1

Noooo! Don't order. If you truly got the local reservations agent, they won't ask for the ent. number. You must have been transferred to corporate (maybe local is at lunch). Make sure you are either talking to Jennifer Breland or Willie Simpson at the HoJo, and they should quote you a rate of $54 for standard/deluxe and $69 for premium.

natenapril
08-14-2007, 03:33 PM
THanks Danger Mouse. I will try and call again! I went to the website to order the book but it was 49.95. I am trying so hard to save money:thumbsup2
Thanks for helping! I will try again after I get my son down for a nap.:)

April

bumbershoot
08-14-2007, 04:00 PM
When I called I was put through to the 800# people too, and they just had NO clue.

Once I got the inhouse person, she still wasn't able to help me b/c that rate was all sold out, but she at least knew what the deal was. :)

I'm looking at the entertainment website...looks like they don't even have one for Alaska? Bummer!

Now, I don't know if this is good advice, and if it isn't, I bet someone will jump in and cyber-smack me. Gently, of course, as this is the friendliest Disney community around. But I wonder if, since you're only getting this for the HoJo discount, and since the hotel discounts are in every book, could you order a less expensive one (than the $40 anaheim one) and have it work the same?

I'm seeing that, for instance, the Alabama edition is only $25. Would it have the hotel coupons? I think it would, yes? So perhaps you could order that, I mean, maybe you do have an Alabama trip coming up as well and could use the local coupons on that trip, and pay less than the Anaheim book plus shipping, but still get the card which is the only reason you're ordering it anyway?

By the way, if you take part in any rewards sites, like MyPoints or ***************, go through them to get to the Entertainment site (after clearing cookies and cache, LOL), so you get your book and rewards credit. :)

Hope that helps, and hope you get your excellent rate!!!

natenapril
08-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Noooo! Don't order. If you truly got the local reservations agent, they won't ask for the ent. number. You must have been transferred to corporate (maybe local is at lunch). Make sure you are either talking to Jennifer Breland or Willie Simpson at the HoJo, and they should quote you a rate of $54 for standard/deluxe and $69 for premium.

I cannot thank you enough!! I was able to get through and get the entertainment rate. I just need to bring the card with me at check in. SO I have plenty of time to order it.
2 rooms for 3 nights for $370 including tax!!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

Now I am off to ITT to try and get a deal on park hoppers!!:thumbsup2

DangerMouse
08-14-2007, 05:22 PM
I cannot thank you enough!! I was able to get through and get the entertainment rate. I just need to bring the card with me at check in. SO I have plenty of time to order it.
2 rooms for 3 nights for $370 including tax!!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

Glad I could help! And I agree with Bumber's idea of buying a book for another region if it brings the price down.

4bugzinarug
08-14-2007, 07:52 PM
This might sound a little strange, but why don't you try the Anaheim/LA version of the Entertainment book. Then you would have Safeway grocery coupons to use for the grocery delivery service to HOJO. And then, possibly one or two other coupons you might use in the Anaheim area while you are there.

Also, if you are traveling before the end of October, you could purchase ANY 2007 entertainment book from Ebay .... probably for well under $15. The coupons expire on 11/1/07 ... but the half price hotels are typically good through 12/31/07.:idea:

The Ebates website is offering a $6 rebate AND free shipping on the purchase of a 2008 entertainment book. I can send you a referral link if you want, or just go directly to the website (they also offer a $5 sign on bonus!).

If you have time to wait to order an Entertainment book, they normally go on sale for even less within 1-2 months of coming out. HTH! :goodvibes

Twinprincesses
08-14-2007, 09:18 PM
I bought our 2007 ent book from ebay for $3.

CardinalsFan
08-14-2007, 09:35 PM
My daughter's elementary school sells the KC Entertainment book shortly after the beginning of the school year each year as a fund raiser. I believe it's only $20, instead of the normal rate around here of $30. If anyone is out-of-luck in getting one for better than this price, PM me and maybe I could get you a 2008 book for $20 and send you the card from the front of the book, which is all you need to get the HoJo Entertainment rate.

And, assuming the 2008 book will have the same supershuttle coupon that the 2007 book has, I could send you that coupon as well. Saves you $2 per person each way.

lillybug
08-14-2007, 10:12 PM

What is ITT? thanks

edit1
08-14-2007, 11:41 PM
I recently called the Hojo to book a room. I was originally quoted a higher-than-expected rate for my stay, and then realized later that because I called before 9 a.m. I was transferred to central reservations.

When I called back later and talked to local reservations, I was offered the $54 for only part of my stay as the other days were sold out at this rate. This rate is good for the middle of my stay and the rates for the other days were up to $135. So, I probably won't book it because overall it's more than I was hoping to spend, but I am still so amazed at and grateful for the great information I am getting from the DISboard!

natenapril
08-15-2007, 12:18 AM
What is ITT? thanks

I think it stands for Information, tickets, and travel:confused3 I will have to check though.
My DH is Active Duty Air Force and it is a place to buy the tickets with a military discount.

We are going in December so I don't think I can buy the old one but thanks for the tip.

poohs_hunny
08-15-2007, 01:29 PM
OK, I've having no luck with this! I called two days in a row (the first day I wasn't sure if I had gotten on-site reservations) and both times they only offered me 10% off. They said that my dates (Oct.) weren't available yet, and the woman I talked to yesterday said they would open up about a month before if they were available. So how is it that others are getting dates for Dec. now at the 50% rate? :confused3 Neither person said the dates were sold out, just that the weren't available YET. What am I doing wrong? Is it possible I still didn't get the onsite reservations? Both phone calls started with a recording specific to the Anaheim HoJo - is this the onsite? This rate may be the only way I can go on this trip, since airfare has gone up. Please help!!

CMKN
08-15-2007, 01:45 PM
poohs hunny you took the words right out of my mouth! I too have called twice - we are going dec 1- dec 5 and only offered 10% off too! Would love anyone's advice on this one!

DangerMouse
08-15-2007, 02:03 PM
When you call the in-house reservations line, ask to speak with Jennifer Breland or Willie Simpson directly.

Or, you can email either of them and they will respond to your reservation request that way as well. Here are their email addresses:

jennifer.breland@hojoanaheim.com

william.simpson@hojoanaheim.com

HTH.

CMKN
08-15-2007, 02:42 PM
DangerMouse - thank you very much - I just sent an email to Jennifer! I appreciate the infor:thumbsup2

natenapril
08-15-2007, 03:12 PM
When I recieved the 50% off yesterday I had to be flexible with my dates. I originally wanted to go around the 9th of Dec but the ET rate rooms for that time had been booked. I was able to get the ET rate rooms because we could wait a week and go on the 16th. We are moving to N. California though so we were able to be a little more flexible.

Good luck!!
April

lillybug
08-15-2007, 06:44 PM
When you call the in-house reservations line, ask to speak with Jennifer Breland or Willie Simpson directly.

Or, you can email either of them and they will respond to your reservation request that way as well. Here are their email addresses:

jennifer.breland@hojoanaheim.com

william.simpson@hojoanaheim.com

HTH.

Thank you so much! :cheer2:

natenapril
08-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Good luck lilybug:thumbsup2

Josiah
08-16-2007, 09:40 AM
ITT is the "Information, Tickets, and Tours" office at your local military base. You can get everything from movie passes to Disneyland tickets there, as well as local trips and leisure activities.

noryglory
08-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Just an added comment regarding the Ent books. They really can pay for themselves, especially if you buy it late in the season when they are highly discounted at the website. Sure you are spending money to save money...

I LOOOOVVE the idea of buying one off of ebay too for next to nothing. Bumbershoot's idea to buy another region's for less is a really, really good one too.

The best possible case? Find a friend or someone here on the board who is done with their card for the year--or they use the coupons but not the card--and have them give it to you for free. I often use the book's coupons but some years I don't even take the card out of the book. I think mine will expire before your trip however. (Am I wrong about this? Do they track your number so it's tied to the buyer? I doubt it since you can buy them from fundraisers and the like and they just grab your cash...)

DangerMouse
08-16-2007, 09:59 AM
(Am I wrong about this? Do they track your number so it's tied to the buyer? I doubt it since you can buy them from fundraisers and the like and they just grab your cash...)

Yep, you're right. The card is easily transferrable since there is no name on it.

noryglory
08-16-2007, 05:54 PM
So, does anyone know can you get the ENT rate for suites and if so what is the rate. Thanks.

4bugzinarug
08-16-2007, 08:19 PM
You can get a discount for the suites, but it is nowhere near as substantial as the discount for the regular rooms. I think it it 10% off the current rate for that suite.

For the price difference, you might think about getting two of the $54 rooms adjoining one another rather than a suite :-)

keishashadow
08-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Glad I could help! And I agree with Bumber's idea of buying a book for another region if it brings the price down.

i called HoJo's they said my Entertainment Card from Pittsburgh was fine to use, our book thru AAA is $20:) (or less); depending on how long you wait to buy it...last month $9, free S&H.

was told the Ent rate is capacity controlled, they had the 10% for next June available...was told better discounts for "prime time" aren't offered until a few weeks prior - if at all.

DangerMouse
08-16-2007, 09:01 PM
So, does anyone know can you get the ENT rate for suites and if so what is the rate. Thanks.

I happen to have the Queen Suite in Bldg. 2 reserved for our Nov. trip and the EXCELLENT ent. rate of $99 per night! :thumbsup2

poohs_hunny
08-17-2007, 09:13 AM
OK, here's my end result. I e-mailed Willie at the address given in this thread and he responded promply that the only one of my three nights was eligible for the 50% off rate. He said I could keep checking by either calling or checking online using the promotional code sd50, but that these rates were typically not offered on weekends. For the heck of it, I tried the code online and to my surprise, all three of my nights came up with the 50% off rate: $54/night for standard or deluxe room and $69/night for premium Disney view room. After much debate, I booked the deluxe pool view room in Building 2 for $54/night and I am thrilled! :yay: Those of you who are still looking, try the sd50 code. Now, I just need to find as great of a deal on airfare (come on, Southwest!), and I'll be all set! ;)

noryglory
08-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Okay Pooh, what website, hojoanaheim.com or??? I tried it and it didn't work a lick.

4bugzinarug
08-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Okay Pooh, what website, hojoanaheim.com or??? I tried it and it didn't work a lick.

http://www.hojo.com/HowardJohnson/control/home

Go to "Advanced Search" and ener the code (be sure to select Promotional rate). Worked for my dates .... I already have a HOJO reservation, just wanted to see if a suite rate would come up (it didn't.) :goodvibes

wendypooh22
08-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Thank you soo much for the online code.. I tried it and I am soo excited that the discount was available for the dates that we wanted in November..

Thanks again :goodvibes

poohs_hunny
08-17-2007, 11:57 AM

I used this site, but the one the bugz listed above works also.

lillybug
08-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Has anyone been able to get the 50% off rate for after the new year? We want to go in mid January, but the code isn't working. Do I need to wait to make my reservations?

noryglory
08-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Okay everyone. Willie Simpson rocks. We have emailed back and forth a couple times this morning and here is the deal with the 2008 bookings. Hopefully this nugget of hotel management theory will help us all figure out why some of us are getting the discount no problem and others aren't having any luck:

Willie said: "The Entertainment program was designed to assist businesses in their low seasons by offering 50% off or “2-fers” to attract clients. For hotels, this means when the occupancy is forecasted to be below 80%. The issue here is that we run 80% full year round, so on average it would never be open. Dates when we are certain of low occupancy we may open the low rates well in advance, but this does not occur often. Dates when we are on the fence (as business is NOT cyclical in this market) then we keep it closed until we know one way or the other, usually much closer to the date of arrival. Basically -- and on average – the Entertainment low season rate is a tool used for last-minute bookings and not advanced bookings. For example there are only 19 days open right now for the entire year of 2008. Rates change usually one time or twice per week and effect a full year outward. The best way for a guest to check openings is by utilizing the SD50 promo code and checking dates with our website."

So! There you all go! I am really satisfied with this answer. He suggested in another email that we can book the best rate available NOW, and then check like fiends (like people on these boards would be known to do LOL) and they will adjust the rate when/if it drops. Woo hoo!

Hope this helps you all.

On a personal note, I'll tell you one thing, I am super impressed with this personal customer service. I am on the fence about staying here (debating HOJO versus PPH) and I am thinking we might give HOJO a try. Even at the higher $110 rate or whatever it's giving me right now, it's a huge savings over the package at PPH. I miss out on a couple goodies, but nothing I can't live without for saving several hundred dollars. This trip is a more budgeted one for us than usual as we're going with friends who don't tend to spend as much $$ as us. I think this might be a great alternative.

disneegrl4eva
08-17-2007, 04:00 PM
NoryGlory, like we all are at something we are unfamiliar with, I too wasnt sure about staying at hojos because truthfully based on the outside appearance from the street I wasnt too sure...However, I can honestly say now that you are spot on this one....if your on a budget trip this is the ONLY way to go....I went this past June and have absolutely no reservations about going back...in fact, we have reservations for the end of oct., there and PP and are going back and forth as to which one to do...we are thinking about spending 2 of the nights at HOJO and the other 2 at PP so we dont have to pick one or the other:lmao: there is only one downside imo to hojo and that is the pillows...they start off very fluffy and within a little while they go absolutely flat:rotfl: so if you can bring some of your own I would recommend it:thumbsup2

disney-super-mom
08-17-2007, 09:46 PM
in fact, we have reservations for the end of oct., there and PP and are going back and forth as to which one to do...we are thinking about spending 2 of the nights at HOJO and the other 2 at PP so we dont have to pick one or the other:lmao: there is only one downside imo to hojo and that is the pillows...they start off very fluffy and within a little while they go absolutely flat:rotfl: so if you can bring some of your own I would recommend it:thumbsup2

We have reservations for the end of October at HOJO and PPH too!

HOJO - Oct. 28 & 29. (Thanks poohs_hunny for the code!:hug: )

PPH - Oct. 30 & 31, Nov. 1 & 2.:banana:

We stayed at HOJO in 2004 and thought it was great, so we have no problems staying with them again!:thumbsup2

Anyway, stay at both. They're both GREAT!:cool1:

catexer
08-17-2007, 11:29 PM
we will be staying at the hojo for the third time this october, love the hojo and LOVE WILLIE. He truly has the Disney spirit.

We always have a muriad of requests because we travel in a huge PACK, our up coming trip is 9 people -- two families, with all ages, including my DH in a wheel chair. Willie is so awesome about making sure we are all in the same building, most often in adjacent rooms, that all our needs are met so we are able to navigate with the chair without difficulty.

two years ago we took our first trip with the chair and we were a little nervous to say the least, between the wonderful castmembers at DL and the wonderful employees at the hojo we got over that nervousness in a heartbeat.

now we are old pros at the traveling with the chair business.

bumbershoot
08-18-2007, 09:42 PM
We have reservations for the end of October at HOJO and PPH too!

HOJO - Oct. 28 & 29. (Thanks poohs_hunny for the code!:hug: )

PPH - Oct. 30 & 31, Nov. 1 & 2.:banana:

We stayed at HOJO in 2004 and thought it was great, so we have no problems staying with them again!:thumbsup2

Anyway, stay at both. They're both GREAT!:cool1:

:)

Thanks to 4bugzinarug's mention of SD50 in another post, I now have two days, the Friday and Saturday AFTER our PP package, booked. :rotfl:

And I did that because we've decided to drive the ENTIRE trip (we'll see this coming week if I can convince Southwest to refund me, wish me luck) so we'll have flexibility, and because I saw someone's pictures of the fireworks in the disneyland pic of the day thread. And I want the option of seeing the fireworks on this trip. :) So we'll have until the 19th to decide if we want to stay over the 21st, and until the 20th for the stay over the 22nd!

Can't make a firm decision for the life of me!:lmao:

Anyway, thanks to poohs_hunny for posting the info from Willie, and 4bugz for mentioning it elsewhere. And to disney-super-mom and possibly disneegrl4eva for making sure we're not the only ones doing a split stay with PP and HoJo (though you might be doing it the BETTER way...I had no option of that, as my 20 year reunion is up in San Jose the weekend before!). :upsidedow

mommaU4
08-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Hey everyone!
I've been reading through this thread and I just want to make sure I understand correctly.

I went online and used that code SD50 and was able to get the rate of $54 a night for our trip in January. Now I need a book correct?

If I buy the local Vegas book, you are saying there is a coupon or card in there for the HOJO in Anaheim? I don't have to buy the Orange County book?

Just wanted to clarify I'm buying the right book. Thanks so much!

Also I wasn't sure, does HOJO offer a breakfast at all? Or microwaves in their rooms? I didn't see that info but might have missed it.

Thanks again. :flower3:

DangerMouse
08-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Hey everyone!
I've been reading through this thread and I just want to make sure I understand correctly.

I went online and used that code SD50 and was able to get the rate of $54 a night for our trip in January. Now I need a book correct?

If I buy the local Vegas book, you are saying there is a coupon or card in there for the HOJO in Anaheim? I don't have to buy the Orange County book?

Just wanted to clarify I'm buying the right book. Thanks so much!

Also I wasn't sure, does HOJO offer a breakfast at all? Or microwaves in their rooms? I didn't see that info but might have missed it.

Thanks again. :flower3:

1. yes, book now.

2. yes, buy your local Vegas book. The card inside will work for the HoJo.

3. No comp. breakfast, and only "office" rooms have microwave. You can request an office room -- the ent. rate will be $69.

mommaU4
08-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks!! It's the best deal we've found. Especially for our large family of 6.
Appreciate the info. :)

lillybug
08-20-2007, 04:31 PM
FYI to those who haven't purchased the entertainment book yet. I bought the '07 entertainment card ONLY off of ebay for $3 dollars shipped. The seller gave me the number off the card before she shipped it, and I was able to register it on the entertainment website (which verified to me it was a legit card)

Just another way to save some $$. :cool1:

European
08-21-2007, 09:39 AM
I don't get it. I try with that sd50 code for October, November AND December and all I get is rate $100 or more?

bumbershoot
08-21-2007, 01:32 PM
1. are you looking at the Anaheim HoJo's website?

2. they just might be sold out of that room at that rate.

1nonly
08-21-2007, 01:53 PM
I was able to get it this morning at approx 11:30 a.m. Pacific time 08/21/07. I called Willie Simpson and left a message in reference to an email response mentioning the SD50 code. As of this morning it still was not working. But I left a message anyway to see if Willie or anyone else could help me out. I got a call back from a Lorielle, who said that Willie had told her to call me up to take care of a reservation. I explained to her that I was ready to do the reservation, but that the SD50 code wasn't working. She was able to get me a premium 2 queen bedroom from 11/30 - 12/04 at a rate of $69 a night. Iwould suggest calling them directly at this point and asking for either Willie, Tony or Lorielle. Hope this helps.

disneyfan4ever54
08-21-2007, 06:01 PM
I was able to get it this morning at approx 11:30 a.m. Pacific time 08/21/07. I called Willie Simpson and left a message in reference to an email response mentioning the SD50 code. As of this morning it still was not working. But I left a message anyway to see if Willie or anyone else could help me out. I got a call back from a Lorielle, who said that Willie had told her to call me up to take care of a reservation. I explained to her that I was ready to do the reservation, but that the SD50 code wasn't working. She was able to get me a premium 2 queen bedroom from 11/30 - 12/04 at a rate of $69 a night. Iwould suggest calling them directly at this point and asking for either Willie, Tony or Lorielle. Hope this helps.

I have the exact same reservations at HoJo's......2 queen bedroom/premium view for 11/30-12/4 !:)
Guess we might be neighbors for a few days....LOL:banana:

arlenesp
08-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Just a really stupid question.( Forgive me I've been at work for 10 hrs answering phones and in case anyone hasn't noticed it is a full moon out there tonight.)
I just got a really good rate as I had booked this already for my upcoming cruise and this is saving me over $40.00 per day. In order for them to honor this great rate, I do need the entertainment book card for the front desk?Actually this is one of the first years we do not have the book. I remember the book goes on sale starting around Oct,Nov so I will be hoping to get it at a discount at work. Thanks again................

gnbuggy
08-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Yes, you need to show the card at the desk. I bought '07 and '08 last month, I think it was $35 for both. Easily worth the price considering the savings.:teacher: Have fun on your trip.:thumbsup2

DisneySuiteFreak
08-28-2007, 02:18 AM
Just a really stupid question.( Forgive me I've been at work for 10 hrs answering phones and in case anyone hasn't noticed it is a full moon out there tonight.)
I just got a really good rate as I had booked this already for my upcoming cruise and this is saving me over $40.00 per day. In order for them to honor this great rate, I do need the entertainment book card for the front desk?Actually this is one of the first years we do not have the book. I remember the book goes on sale starting around Oct,Nov so I will be hoping to get it at a discount at work. Thanks again................

The new entertainment books are out now. I just bought one from my son's school for PTSA fundraiser and it says valid now through Nov 2008. You need the card at check in.

arlenesp
08-28-2007, 06:16 AM
Thanks.
Another question. Sorry. I remember when you are registered online, there are additional coupons that can be printed out. I never explored this any further but if you are registered let's say in Orlando, are you able to access the online coupons for another city? I didn't seethis in the faq. Anyone know or do you have to be registered with that book as well?

CMKN
08-28-2007, 09:11 AM
1nonly & disneyfan4ever54 - add another neighbor to your list:woohoo: We have ressies to arrive 12/01 - 12/05. I just emailed Willie (thank you 1nonly) to see if we can secure the promo rate too! Fingers crossed and patiently tapping desk waiting for call/email.

I called several times and the best rate was $99 - hoping for a cheaper rate so we can get more churrios and dole whips:rotfl2:

bumbershoot
08-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Thanks.
Another question. Sorry. I remember when you are registered online, there are additional coupons that can be printed out. I never explored this any further but if you are registered let's say in Orlando, are you able to access the online coupons for another city? I didn't seethis in the faq. Anyone know or do you have to be registered with that book as well?

I just went into my account, and switched my location from my address in WA to simply Anaheim, CA. And it showed me printable coupons for places in Anaheim and surrounding areas!

So it does seem that just registering one book gives you quite a bit of access.

arlenesp
08-28-2007, 09:05 PM
I just went into my account, and switched my location from my address in WA to simply Anaheim, CA. And it showed me printable coupons for places in Anaheim and surrounding areas!

So it does seem that just registering one book gives you quite a bit of access.

Thanks, I thought that was possible.

disneyfan4ever54
08-28-2007, 09:09 PM
1nonly & disneyfan4ever54 - add another neighbor to your list:woohoo: We have ressies to arrive 12/01 - 12/05. I just emailed Willie (thank you 1nonly) to see if we can secure the promo rate too! Fingers crossed and patiently tapping desk waiting for call/email.

I called several times and the best rate was $99 - hoping for a cheaper rate so we can get more churrios and dole whips:rotfl2:

Hi neighbor! I hope you can get the lower rate. I called about a week and a half ago to add one more day onto my ressie (12/05) and they said there were no more rooms left.....not even at the regular rate. When did you get yours for the 5th? I got the ent rate of $69/nights several weeks ago, but just recently decided to add another day on. They said that even if a room opened up, it would most likely be at the regular rate, not the ent. rate so, I guess it'll be just 5 days for us instead of 6. Where in CT do you live? I grew up in MA, right near the CT border. :)

CMKN
08-29-2007, 07:03 AM
We booked it several weeks ago via online once I got the green light from my boyfriend - I am hoping to get the rate. I have spoken a bit with Willie via email and he said there is no availabilty for the discount and to keep trying yet I keep reading of people calling and getting it:confused3 .

I live in Easton which is a very small town bordering Monroe, Trumbull, Redding, and Fairfield. I am maybe 45 minutes via 95 to MA so I guess we really are neighbors in every sense:rotfl:

crazymama
08-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Hi everyone. I am so excited to read this thread. Does anyone know how accomodating HOJO is at giving connecting rooms? We are a family of 5 and, at that discounted rate, can actually afford to have 2 rooms so that everyone can stretch out. That would be so great! :dance3: Thanks for any info!

gnbuggy
08-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Hi everyone. I am so excited to read this thread. Does anyone know how accomodating HOJO is at giving connecting rooms? We are a family of 5 and, at that discounted rate, can actually afford to have 2 rooms so that everyone can stretch out. That would be so great! :dance3: Thanks for any info!

We requested it in May, but they were unable to accommodate us. We had rooms next to each other. It was my SIL, her mom, and my 2 nieces in one room, and only me in the other.:rolleyes: Im not sure what they would say if you told them you have to have connected rooms.

DangerMouse
08-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Willie has always told me that he will do his very best to accommodate connecting room requests, but he absolutely cannot guarantee it. They only have a limited amount of connecting rooms available.

arlenesp
08-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Does anyone know if the Marriot at the airport has a discount as well? One of my fellow cruisers is thinking of staying there rather than the HoJo.