PDA

View Full Version : Dollar rental car rates

Ally_DeVille
08-14-2007, 09:22 AM
I posted this over on the transportation board but since it's so WDW centric DL visitors might not see it.

I have reserved a minivan for a week for our trip to Disneyland in September; I got a great rate $248 total for the entire week 9/4 - 9/11 . Last night I checked the rate on a whim and it's down to $218 total ($178 base rate and the rest are taxes and fees) so modified my reservation.

I didn't use any rental codes at all, just went to their site and the special popped up on the side. It's cheaper than using my entertainment book coupons and any of the other coupons I've found on the web. I had tried to get a minivan for our trip through priceline, bidding $23 a day but wasn't accepted; I am paying $22.25 a day going through Dollar and I don't have to pay it upfront. :cool1:

ter-moo
08-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Wow! That's a great rate for a minivan! Good work!:thumbsup2

minniebeth
08-14-2007, 10:06 AM
That's a really good rate. Thanks for posting, it makes me think that I need to get on the ball and look for some good rates for our Oct. trip. We are flying into Bob Hope Airport (Burbank), Dollar doesn't go out of there. I will need to search for some discount codes!
Have a great trip!

mt mommy
08-14-2007, 10:47 AM
I did the same thing last year. Keep checking the closer to your trip you get, it could go even lower if the availability for mini vans is still ok.

Great!!

Ally_DeVille
08-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Check mousesavers for codes, and of course the DIS board's very own transportation board; loads of codes and tips located there.

Thanks for the tip about checking it again closer to the trip time; it would be so cool if it did go lower!

At first we weren't going to rent a car but have now decided to take a drive down to San Diego, free parking at the hotel so no added cost there.

At least this way the return trip to the airport will be a bit easier to predict-- I can drop off the family (includes one in a wheelchair, 2 babies in car seats and 2 strollers) curbside and have them check the luggage while I return the car. Will save time and aggravation I hope; the thought of trying to organize them and luggage while dependent on the shuttle/bus service was making my brain hurt.