PDA

View Full Version : Our Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table Review with Photos

hmp2z
08-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Here is the link:

http://hpandaw.wordpress.com/2007/08/13/victoria-alberts-chefs-table-august-4-2007/

Feel free to ask any questions, and I will do my best to answer!

Cheers!
Heather W

BrADmatt
08-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Wow! Thanks for the great review and the pics are great. I am trying to convince my wife to try the chef's table on our next trip and this should help. Thanks again.:thumbsup2

Minniespal
08-14-2007, 03:35 AM
Enjoyed reading your review, thanks for posting.

Uncleromulus
08-14-2007, 05:27 AM
Nicely done!! That IS a lot of food--I imagine you were "stuffed" by dinners end??

hmp2z
08-14-2007, 07:34 AM
We were definitely stuffed; we can never seem to do justice to the desserts at Victoria & Albert's. :)

Cheers!
Heather W

jayhjay
08-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Great reviews, everything looks wonderful. Just curious, how do they decide what to give each of you since you had so many different courses from your DH? I realize you don't eat meat so some of the time it was to give you a veggie/fish alternative. But even so (in your reviews and others I have seen) it seems like some times they offer different items for different people. Do you tell them ahead of time what you like or dislike? Or is it just chef's creativity?

suzimar57
08-14-2007, 07:06 PM
wonderful review and excellent photos - as much as we would probably not eat most of what you had at this meal, it was still a very attractive meal, and your descriptions were really great!

Schucraig
08-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Excellent review and pictures!:thumbsup2

MinnieGi
08-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Great review! Thanks for the pictures. I was stuffed just looking at all the food!

natalielongstaff
08-15-2007, 02:26 AM
that is a lot of food !! thanks for posting :)

ElizabethB
08-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the wonderful review! Everything looks wonderful. We'll be at the Chef's Table in October. Hope they're still serving the cream of cashew soup! Thanks again for the review and pictures.

BriarRosie
08-15-2007, 01:27 PM
I noticed some of your dishes were the same as the ones Brenda and Jay had
in May. They all looked incredible, and I would have plowed my way through
them all. I'm sad to hear about the foie gras, as I'm a big fan of the stuff.

The photos and descriptions were so good, I have to get a mop for the drool
I must have left on the floor. ;)

hmp2z
08-16-2007, 06:55 AM
Just curious, how do they decide what to give each of you since you had so many different courses from your DH? Do you tell them ahead of time what you like or dislike? Or is it just chef's creativity?

When we both used to eat meat, we had more dishes in common (usually our entrees would be the same, as well), but there were still some differences. I think, when there are no dietary preferences, it's just hit or miss. For example, they used to give me the consomme soup & my husband the cream soup. I would trade my first-born son for a V&A's cream soup! (I don't have one, so don't freak out). So that didn't have anything to do with our preferences.

When we did express a preference, like one year we raved to them about their foie gras, they would try to accommodate it. The chef would throw a little piece of foie gras on top of other dishes where he thought it would work :)

And, obviously, they customize based on dietary preferences which is what they're doing for us now.

Cheers!
Heather W

John's Mom
08-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful review and pictures.