PDA

View Full Version : Costumes for children

Pezalicious
08-13-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm currently planning a vacation for next year when my boyfriend's sister and family come out to visit us. His sister has a baby (she'll be a year when she's out here) and a little boy who is 6 or 7.

Are there costumes for 1 year olds? If not, I figured I'd get her a Disney-themed outfit.

Also, my main curiosity is what costumes are available for boys? I remember seeing more than usual when I went last March, but I can't remember what they were.

My 5 year old niece LOVED dressing up as Minnie when I went with her a couple years ago, so I'm hoping my boyfriend's nephew will be the same way.

Misskitty3
08-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Yes, there are costumes for 1 year olds. Last year DD was Minnie and she turned 1 yr old three days later.

Amazon.com has a great on-line selection of costumes. Check the choices out there.

Costumes for boys: Peter Pan, pirates, Shrek, Lightening McQueen etc.

ShawnaF
08-13-2007, 11:58 PM
TONS of costumes for 1 year olds! We did Lilly's Kids for hers, but World of Disney has lots of things too.

Dukland
08-14-2007, 01:22 AM
Check out a Disney Store near you, as they will be coming out with costumes for Halloween soon. Oh, in fact, check out www.disneyshopping.com as I believe they already have their costume shop set up.

My ds, 3, has never dressed up in Disneyland. But I bet he will this next time around, as he loves his dress up costumes. His favorite is Spiderman, but he also loves his Buzz Lightyear costume. We also have a Pirate costume, and then a Dr costume, too. Santa tends to hit the good sales after Halloween, especially at the Disney Store.

My youngest will be the second baby to wear the Tigger costume I have. My older son wore it as an almost one year old. My youngest will turn one in September, and it should fit him, too. We still also have a Piglet costume that my dd wore as an almost one year old, too.

Disney-themed outfits work well, too. Even some t-shirts from the Disney Store are very cool. I think both times we went to Disneyland, my dd had on a Disney shirt of some kind every day. My ds pretty much did, too.

ScooterL
08-14-2007, 09:42 AM
If the boy is into Star Wars and might be interested in being chosen for the Jedi Training Academy, then I highly recommend a Star Wars costume or at least a t-shirt - kids wearing Star Wars-themed outfits seem to be more likely to be chosen to participate. Besides, all the little Padawans wandering around DL look really cute! :-)