PDA

View Full Version : Wine Sampling at California Adventure

EpcotQueen
08-12-2007, 07:57 PM
My usband and I did the wine sampling at califronia Adventure. We loved some of the selections and would try to buy them back home. We did the 'red' #1 and the 'white' #3. Unfortunately we lost the information sheets with the wine descriptions on them. Does anyone have the information? Would greatly appreciate the names of the wines.

abby
08-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Where is the wine sampling and how does it work?

EpcotQueen
08-13-2007, 06:27 AM
It's at an outside counter at Wine Country Trattoria. For $10 they give you a taste of 3 different wines. The sommelier explains the virtues of each sample. Word of caution....if you decide to buy one of the wines, be prepared for 'sticker shock'. We bought a bottle thinking it would be $14.50. It turned out to be $48! It was $14.50 a glass!. We bought it anyhow and enjoyed every sip back in our room. Unfortunately we lost the information sheets they gave us and cannot remember the names to try to buy back home.

fairycat
08-13-2007, 07:17 PM
The wine tasting is wonderful. They also do a nice Port and Blue Cheese plate as well. Harold and the lady there (I can't believe I forgot her name) are the best!

The one issue is that they tend to change their tastings up so what you tasted may not be what they are serving now. My suggestion though is to call disney dining and see if you can get the number to the Wine Tasting or Wine country trattoria and see if they can let you know what you tried.

I never do the whites but they commonly have Firehouse and Coppala wines on there tasting lists.