PDA

View Full Version : WCC and CMC review

mickeymousefan
08-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Just returned from a very hot week in the Orlando area. This trip we chose 2 restaurants we had not eaten at before- WCC and CMC. DH and I love to eat, while 2 DD's barely eat anything. We were traveling with other family and they joined us for these 2 meals.

WCC 8/5/07- over all grade- C for food /A for fun- We were a party of 11 for dinner- seated fairly quickly, in the main dining area. Waiter was a lot of fun, did the ketchup call (we got about 10 bottles), we got a huge glass of water and super long straw, had napkins and straws thrown at us and the kids enjoyed the pony express ride.

Food was ok. Most of the adults got the skillet. Salad and cornbread were delicious. Mashed potatoes were also yummy. Corn on the cob was not fresh, seemed to be the frozen kind, and it was chewy. Pick and peel shrimp was mushy and the BBQ chicken was dry. Pulled pork was good and tender. The ribs were dry, but with enough BBQ sauce added to them, they were pretty good.

I would probably not eat here again. The kids had a blast, but the food was disappointing.

Cape May Cafe- 8/9/07 over all grade B - Party of 9- got there close to opening and were seated quickly.

I don't like mussels or clams, so I was looking forward to having salmon. Unfortunatly, the fish of the day was fried tilapia. DH tried it and said it was OK. DH also said the clams and mussels were good. I had the mashed potatoes and the pasta dish which were good. Per DH, pick and peel shrimp was fresh and tasty. Desserts were delicious, the cheescake and flan were super yummy.

We would probably not dine here again either because we were not "wowed"
by it.

We still prefer our old favorites- Boma. Chef Mickeys and the Crystal Palace.

Luv2Roam
08-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the reviews.

CMC does not wow me either. We have a few friends who like to dine here and we have always had very good service. Being it is a buffet, I like to be there when they open. (I have seen way too many kids finger sampling and playing in the food while on the buffet to be comfortable otherwise.)
I am not an over the top seafood person so eat around what seafood they have. And their carved meat is not anything to brag about either.
The good company I am with, and the desserts really make up for what I don't eat. :rotfl2:

Schucraig
08-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the review!:thumbsup2

Minniespal
08-13-2007, 12:52 AM
Thanx for the review, I enjoyed reading them.

bob6sims
09-08-2007, 05:50 AM
Thanks for the reviews :hippie:

I think we will try WCC in our next trip :) . I can just imagine our kids faces if they ask for ketchup and end up getting several bottles, I suppose alot depends on the server on the day but it sounds like fun :banana: .

LoveTheWDWMagic
09-08-2007, 08:28 AM
We ate at both restaurants on our recent trip in August. Had always enjoyed WCC's dinner, but this time we did not like it at all. As other review said, the food was mediocre. I had the skillet, and the only thing that was "good" was the pulled pork. The shrimp was tasteless, corn was mushy, chicken dry and mash potato was just "ok". I forgot what my dh, ds8, and ds14 had, but they didn't like it either. Desserts were nothing to write home about. The waiters and waitresses still interact with the guests, ( our ds14 was given a GIANT fork and GIANT glass of iced tea because he dropped his fork )but it seems like they are understaff and overworked. We will not return to WCC on our next trip.

As for CMC, we did like it. Both ds14 and I love the clams ( must have had about 3 plates of them ), and all of us love the fried tilapia. We will return to CMC on our next trip.

Hope this helps.

dawgfan
09-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the review.