PDA

View Full Version : Just Booked 7 nights at DLH Concierge

lillibet123
08-12-2007, 05:01 PM
I am so exicted I just booked 7 nights at the DLH with the Premium View and Concierge service. Anyone alse done concierge at DLH and if do any tips :)

daffidyll
08-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Hi, I haven't booked it but I've been thinking about doing it for 4 nights....was it really expensive or did you find a deal? Can you tell me what all is included with the conceriege? I've just recently learned about it (new here!) and read someone's review of it at the GCH and it sounded fantastic!

lillibet123
08-12-2007, 05:57 PM
I think it can range from 100-150 a night on top of what you are already paying, but I'm not totally sure.

daffidyll
08-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks!

Adam&Alex's Mom
08-12-2007, 06:09 PM
DLH concierage is 125 extra a night plus taxes. We just came back from DLH and had concierage w/ a prem view. I really enjoyed it and appreciated the convenience. My DH isn't sure he would do it again.

The lounge is open from 6:30 to 10 pm nightly. They have a continental bfast, snacks out throughout the day... a hot appetizer and wine and beer from 5-7 and desserts after 8... and of course a fridge that is always stocked with Milk,Coke, Diet Coke, Apple Juice, Sprite and water.

In the evenings they open up the windows and you have a view of the freworks and they even pipe in the music which is nice. Just make sure yu show up at least 30 minutes early or you will not get a seat... also ask which wiondows are open so you get the best view. The actual windows are tinted and if you are not at an opening you can't see very well.

Make sure you take treats back to your room. Especially if you are doing early entry. The lounge isn't open early enough to enjoy during EE.... the CMs encourage and allow you to take drinks and snacks to your room and to the park. And don't hesitate to ask for something if you don't see it. One of my DS loves chocolate milk and they don't keep it in the fridge.... but they got it for us every night.

I hope you enjoy your visit!!

sandiegosusie
08-12-2007, 09:31 PM
DLH concierage is 125 extra a night plus taxes. We just came back from DLH and had concierage w/ a prem view. I really enjoyed it and appreciated the convenience. My DH isn't sure he would do it again.

The lounge is open from 6:30 to 10 pm nightly. They have a continental bfast, snacks out throughout the day... a hot appetizer and wine and beer from 5-7 and desserts after 8... and of course a fridge that is always stocked with Milk,Coke, Diet Coke, Apple Juice, Sprite and water.

In the evenings they open up the windows and you have a view of the freworks and they even pipe in the music which is nice. Just make sure yu show up at least 30 minutes early or you will not get a seat... also ask which wiondows are open so you get the best view. The actual windows are tinted and if you are not at an opening you can't see very well.

Make sure you take treats back to your room. Especially if you are doing early entry. The lounge isn't open early enough to enjoy during EE.... the CMs encourage and allow you to take drinks and snacks to your room and to the park. And don't hesitate to ask for something if you don't see it. One of my DS loves chocolate milk and they don't keep it in the fridge.... but they got it for us every night.

I hope you enjoy your visit!!

Great tips...thanks for your input! My family and I are booked for a short stay in October. We've stayed club level at WL at WDW but not DLH. Looking forward to it...what kind of food items are offered as snacks that you can take into the park?

Adam&Alex's Mom
08-12-2007, 10:37 PM
They have several items that work well as snacks in the park:

Fruit
Granola bars
Bags of chips
Uncrustables (these were a big hit)
Cookies (take a box of Ziploc bags with you - they are good for storing snacks and spliting up popcorn etc)
Rice Crispie snacks
Invididual bowls of cereal (we would take a fruit loop and cheerio and munch them dry)

The CL lounge saved us from buying bfsat 2 out of 3 days in the park. We had res ay Minnies one day or we would not have purchased in the park at all. I thought it was great!

daffidyll
08-13-2007, 01:01 AM
I'm almost positive I read on the disneyland site somewhere that they don't allow you to bring food into the park. So, does that mean it's only okay if you bring it in from a DL hotel or do they just say that and not really enforce it? Or have I been reading so darn much I didn't actually read that at all?????? I was really hoping to bring a few snacks with us for DD rather than constantly buying things there.

bumbershoot
08-13-2007, 01:30 AM
Only thing I've ever heard of them having an issue with is glass bottles. And I've witnessed them taking a glass Starbucks frappucino bottle away from someone (unopened! couldn't they have just let the person drink it right then and there?), and then letting the person through.

I think officially they care, but I don't think they REALLY care.

I know that we're planning on having a grocery store deliver some snacky foods to us, and I completely plan on bringing said snacky foods into the park, and I hadn't yet read anything indicating my granola bars would be taken away. :)

Adam&Alex's Mom
08-13-2007, 07:38 AM
You def read that on the Disney site... but when I opened my back pack I always said "I have some juice boxes, water and snacks..." they would ask... any glass bottles? I would say no and they would let me in. What I have read on this board is that they will not allow hard sided coolers in the park... but a few snacks in a back pack are OK. :) We had no issues.

HTH!

daffidyll
08-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Oh very good to know!! Thanks! Bumbershoot, I think it was one of your posts where I first learned of the grocery delivery idea....fantastic!!!.... especially since we won't have a car!