PDA

View Full Version : saved a bundle on my Disneland tix

pumpkinboy
08-11-2007, 11:13 PM
I was pricing tix for our upcoming Left Coast visit. In addition to seeing relatives and friends in the Pasadena area and three days in San Diego, we are doing a far-too-short 3 night Grand Californian stay and 2.5 days at Disneyland. So, we're needing 3 days DL ticket plus Sea World and San Diego Zoo tix, I am thinking SoCal City Pass on the Disney website. Looking at it I figured there must be somewhere that sells this stuff at a discount. Remembering Mary Waring's excellent site Mousesavers.com, I looked up the tix section and lo and behold, Costco (of all places) sells the SoCal CityPass for some $30 off per ticket! ($15 off for the kids).

So now the tix are ordered. Only another 12 days and a 5 hour flight to go!

ShawnaF
08-11-2007, 11:18 PM
AAA and Getawaytoday.com sometimes also have the packages for less. Costco has been having some really fantastic deals though. Congrats!!!

disney-super-mom
08-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Gotta LOVE Costco! We booked our whole DL vacation package through them for October/November!:cool1:

ShawnaF
08-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Is Costco offering anything extra or special in their packages now?

Disney Super Mom - are you guys AP holders at DL too? BTW - read your trip report through the link - hilarious! Thanks for that!

disney-super-mom
08-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Is Costco offering anything extra or special in their packages now?

Disney Super Mom - are you guys AP holders at DL too? BTW - read your trip report through the link - hilarious! Thanks for that!

Well, right now with the fourth night free deal, you get everything you would get through the Disney travel site, but for the same price, if you book through Costco, you also get a free Character breakfast for everyone in your party. (Not that I really consider it 'free', but you know what I mean.)

We're not DL AP holders,... yet.:goodvibes We should be though. It seems we go twice in a 12 month period, so APs would be good for us. On the other hand, I think the next Disney trip we make will be to WDW, so we may wait to buy DL APs until after that. By then we should have a million air miles to use, so visiting DL should be no problem.:thumbsup2

We had the best time at WDW. And let me tell ya, we were like a couple of college kids!:banana: So glad you enjoyed the report! On the positive, I've lost about 30 pounds since those pictures were taken, and I'm still losing! Yeah baby!:woohoo:

daffidyll
08-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Hi, Just wondering if buying any of the costco packages or tickets passes etc through them, does it have to be the member who purchased it that uses them or can the purchaser pass it on to someone else? Asking because I now live in Australia (we don't have costco :sad2: ) but my mom still lives in LA and is a costco member. Wondering if she could possibly book the package for my family and we use it or would we have to show a membership card or her identification or something....am I making any sense :confused3 ????

disney-super-mom
08-12-2007, 01:23 AM
Hi, Just wondering if buying any of the costco packages or tickets passes etc through them, does it have to be the member who purchased it that uses them or can the purchaser pass it on to someone else? Asking because I now live in Australia (we don't have costco :sad2: ) but my mom still lives in LA and is a costco member. Wondering if she could possibly book the package for my family and we use it or would we have to show a membership card or her identification or something....am I making any sense :confused3 ????

Hmmm, I think you're mom could book it for you, in your names. I'm pretty sure you don't have to show a membership card at check in. I'll know for sure by Oct 30th, but taking my best guess, I would say you don't have to show a membership card.

When we made the reservation on line, we had to input our Costco member number, but that's it. There was never a mention of having to show our membership card at check in.

Not sure if my answer helped you much, but I'll know for sure in a couple of months.:)

ShawnaF
08-12-2007, 10:01 AM
I know Disney won't want to see your membership card for Costco - no problems there! Your mom can book you I believe, she can always say it's a gift. And yeah, free...lol...but that's okay!

Congrats on losing - how??? Tips????

bumbershoot
08-12-2007, 01:53 PM

There are the packages (I had to put my membership number in to get it, but I don't know if they make you show the card at the hotel), and there are the tickets, sold as citypasses. I haven't bought the So.California CityPass (3 days at Disney, San Diego zoo or wild animal park, Universal, and maybe something else), and I know there's a process for getting it (pick up the box/package thing, pay for it, turn it in for book of vouchers), but I've never heard anyone mention having to put your name on it.

So I'd at least look into your mom buying that pass, if you're interested in those other places as well.