PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Kitchen Dinner Buffet

mimichan
08-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Has anyone recently ate at the Goofy's Kitchen character dinner buffet? If you have, I have some questions I hope you can help me with. First of all, what is the current price of the buffet and what was served? What characters were there and how was the interaction? Also, how was the food?
I know the menu and price is on the allearsnet.com site but I saw different prices and different menu items on some other websites and now I'm confused.

Adam&Alex's Mom
08-11-2007, 12:54 PM
We were at the dinner buffet this past Monday night 8-6. The food was OK... there was a salad bar, roast beef, a fish dish, pork loin, veggies, pizza, hot dogs, corn on the cob, mac and cheese, a slew of desserts, fruit, soft serve ice cream and a good choice of drinks. At the dinner the following characters were there:

Goofy
Minnie
Chip
Dale
Alladin
Pluto

We just got back so I'll have to check the autograph books to see if I forgot any. Pluto does not make the rounds but rather is available for pics at the front of the restaurant... you can buy the pic later... they will let you take your own pic with your camera too.

We went to Goofy's for bfast yesterday 8-10 and the following characters were there:

Goofy
Pluto
Geppeto (?) Pinnochios Papa
Rafiki (scared my kids)
Chip
Dale

The characters were real good about coming aroud to all the tables and signing books and posing for pics. We had purchased the meals through AAA as a part of our package so I don't remember the cost.... I do know you get 10% off with your AAA card whether you prepay or pay there.

FWIW I prefered Goofy's kitchen to Minnie's bfast in the park.

HTH!

ShawnaF
08-11-2007, 03:51 PM
One of our favorite places! Great interaction, we've never had a problem. You'll usually catch at least one princess as well as the Fab 5 characters. We usually see Rafiki and Aladdin as well at least one time over a 4 day trip.

Food is great, very geared towards kids too. You'll have hot dogs, corn on the cob, Goofy mac & cheese, peanut butter & jelly pizza, pepperoni pizza, cheese pizza, Minnie Mouse shrimp - it's all fantastic. There are also plenty of adult preferred foods and salads and a fabulous dessert selection.

victorandbellasmom
08-11-2007, 03:59 PM
First of all, what is the current price of the buffet and what was served? What characters were there and how was the interaction? Also, how was the food?
I know the menu and price is on the allearsnet.com site but I saw different prices and different menu items on some other websites and now I'm confused.

1. We ate there for dinner on July 21st and paid $88.?? for 2 adults and 2 kids, that's with ap discount of 10%. You can also get the 10% discount if you have aaa.

2. We saw Goofy, Pluto, Snow White, Terk/Turk, Captain Hook and Bert/Burt(from Mary Poppins) on this last trip. We've seen many others such as Jasmine, Aladdin, Belle in her Blue dress, Minnie, Max, Gepetto, Fairy Godmother, CHip, Dale, Princess Aurora, the fox from PInocchio, Rafiki, and Baloo. The interaction was decent to great on the numerous times we've been there. We've had the best character interactions at Lilo & Stitch, though. We definitely make a point to eat there once a trip.

3. We love the variety of food they serve. It's also actually quite good. For kids they have pizza (pepperoni, cheese, peanut butter & jelly), mac and cheese, chicken strip, spaghetti, popcorn shrimp and hot dogs. They have a decent salad bar and a large array of deserts. They usually have a prime rib, stuffed sole, a pork loin dish, mashed potatoes, potstickers, stir fry vegetable and soup.