PDA

View Full Version : Who knew my mouth could move so fast! LOL

imjen
08-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Yesterday a friend dropped by to pick up her daughter from a play date and I asked her if they were all set for their DLR trip on Saturday. She said they were almost ready and I asked if she'd done any research to find ways to beat the lines and crowds. She said she hadn't but really should...well I couldn't just let her walk out of here without giving her some tips. LOL I'd feel so badly if she came home hating her trip because they waited forever for everything and I could have helped her. ;)

So first I just said if I had to leave her with just 2 tips, I'd suggest arriving about 20-30 minutes before opening and using FPs to their fullest extent. She then asked a question (which I think she assumed would have a simple answer) about FPs and I found myself rattling off FP rules as quickly as my mouth could spit them out b/c I could tell she was in a hurry. I don't think she expected that mouthful and I didn't even get through all of them. :laughing: She then commented that it sounded like it was some sort of Disney science and implied that it was too complicated for her. So I said that she should just look into purchasing Ridemax as that would help her figure it all out and would save her the time and headache.

As she was walking out the door I thought of all these other things I wanted to tell her, but she was picking up her cell phone and it was too late and I didn't want to push myself on her anyway. I'm not sure that she really digested any of what I said. Oh well, can't say I didn't try. I think she thought I was some sort of Disney freak. ROFLOL I told my dh and he said, "Well, you are." K, maybe I am...a little. :rotfl: I didn't realize how much of an adrenaline rush I get talking DLR strategies with people. Guess I gotta live vicariously through them. popcorn::

bumbershoot
08-10-2007, 08:56 PM
:upsidedow

lyzziesmom
08-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Yep, I'm planning our family trip to WDW and I keep trying to tell my brother stuff, and his eyes just glaze over while he nods and says, "Yeah yeah ok." He's been to WDW about 15 years ago when he was 10, so he knows everything and there could not possibly be more than 3 days worth of stuff to do there so he will spend the rest of the 10 days drinking himself silly at Pleasure Island. Fine, whatever... just don't blame me when you're 45 minutes late for dinner and we started without you because you didn't plan for travel time on the bus.

Dukland
08-10-2007, 11:34 PM
LOL

My best friend is planning her family's first trip to Disneyland next year. The poor girl. I try not to talk her ear off about Disneyland, but it's like a sickness I have. LOL When hanging up the other night, she asked me a simple question and I must have talked for another 20 minutes! I think we have her convinced, though, not to stay on site. It may be magical, but it's also very expensive! I have done my best to assure her that there are many other ways to make her trip as magical as possible.

Now, hopefully she won't block my phone calls, for fear of opening the Disneyland floodgates of information!

imjen
08-11-2007, 10:39 AM
I knew someone else out there would understand and relate! LOL Dukland, that's exactly what it was like...she asked a question and I couldn't help all the information that started flowing out of my mouth. And her eyes kind of glossed over at one point too, I think, like your brother, lyzziesmom. I get so frustrated when trying to plan a trip with a family member who thinks they already know it all and don't need to actually "plan" anything.

We're spending most of our time in DLR with dh's family this year and it will be interesting. The last time we went with his bro's family we met them at the park b/c I knew they would be late. Thankfully we did so b/c we cruised through all that we wanted to do in FL and a few other main rides and were already headed over to DCA with a couple different FPs by the time they finally arrived. They said the parking lot was madness and it took them over 45 min. to park and take the tram and get into DCA. In my mind I was thinking "told ya so". Hee hee I'm sure we'll probably have the same type of thing repeated this time.

lyzziesmom
08-11-2007, 11:35 AM
I feel for ya. Some people just never learn... and we need to realize that they don't want to learn. They like to do it their own way, it gives them something to complain about so people can feel sorry for how bad they had it. :(

Chumpson
08-11-2007, 03:08 PM
I think, "Your Husband" is the obvious answer to the title of the thread. :cool1:

imjen
08-11-2007, 04:03 PM
I think, "Your Husband" is the obvious answer to the title of the thread. :cool1:

Ha ha. You may be right, but honestly I'm not that much of a social talker and it really surprised me how enthused I got when talking about planning a DLR trip. I attempted to edit the title just for you but I guess titles can't be edited. :) I guess you can't relate to wanting to share planning info with friends to help their trips be better? :wizard:

minniecarousel
08-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah - if I hear that someone is going to Disney (either Land or World) I always want to impart my knowledge. One time, one of the teachers I work with went to WDW during the summer. I told which rides not to miss in each Park, basics on FPs, & remember - it'll be very humid. The one thing I forgot to mention was the $$$!! Somehow, I thought she had gotten a package that would have included hotel and admission, but I guess not, because she couldn't get over how expensive it was! Oh well, I can't think of everything!