PDA

View Full Version : Planning 1st Visit Before Repo Cruise

dahuffy
08-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Hi folks, hope all is well. I'm starting to plan for our Eastboud Repo Cruise next Aug. I have not been to DL since I was 7yrs old (1964), DH has Never Been. We will be flying in the day before our cruise and staying at HoJo's for the night. Here's my question: last year, we had dinner at WDW in Cinderella's Castle,celebrating our 27th anniversary. We were given a very nice glass stein,but only 1. Is there by chance dining at Sleeping Beauty's castle? And if so, do you know if they also give the steins to people celebrating anniversarys,birthdays? If not, I guess we'll have to go back to WDW again for another. Thank you so much. I'm sure I will be coming over from the cruise board quite a bit between now and our trip next year. ;)

lulubelle
08-11-2007, 01:31 AM
Hi dahuffy,
Unfortunately, there is no dining in the castle at DL and since no alcohol is served in the park at all, I doubt a stein is available. Sorry about that. But there are several upscale and romantic restaurants to choose from. Napa Rose, Blue Bayou, The Vineyard Room, Hooke's Point, to name a few.

Congrats on your upcoming trip - the cruises are fabuous, aren't they? I am sure you will have a wonderful trip - Happy planning.:goodvibes

Hofmanns4
08-11-2007, 08:59 AM
The glass shop may have one that you can purchase in New Orleans Square. We always get an engraved mug/glass every trip. They have lots and lots of styles to choose from.

dahuffy
08-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Here's a pic of the one we received at Cinderella's Royal Table for our anniversary last year.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g161/dahuffy/P1000408-1.jpg

disneyfaninaz
08-11-2007, 09:43 PM
It's nice to see you over on this board. Unfortunately you will most likely not be able to get another matching stein at DL. I guess you'll have another excuse to go back to WDW! ;)

I hope you have a great visit to DL. Like the PP said, there are some very nice upscale type restaurants for you to choose from. If you want to stay in the park, the Blue Bayou is a must do. If you'd like to go outside the park there are also some very nice choices. I would check out allearsnet.com for complete DL menus and selections. You might be able to get a commerative wine glass at the Napa Rose:)

By the way, Happy Anniversary!