PDA

View Full Version : Question about water bottles in the parks?

Stacerz4life
08-04-2007, 11:07 AM
I was just wondering if there are water fountains in the parks that I can use to fill up water bottles. I was thinking of buying the thermos kind that are re-useable. Is that allowed?? If so, is there a place to put stuff down when you get on rides or lockers to hold stuff when you get on certain rides??

I remember some lockers from when i was there last, but can't remember if they were at WDW parks or Universal.

And If I bring a backpack with snacks in it for the day along with the water is that alllowed and will it fit in the lockers??

Thanks!!
We are leaving in less than 2 weeks and this is the first time I am taking a child with me, so I'm trying to be as prepared as possible...so I apologize in advance for any seemingly "stupid" questions you may find from me on here.

Ps...I have looked through a lot of the board, and there is a TON of info!!!! Sorrry if I ask repeat questions, and thanks for all the info I have found already!!!!

Stacey

hrh_disney_queen
08-04-2007, 11:18 AM
There are water fountains throughout the park. I have heard that if you ask a vendor for ice, they will gladly give it to you. You can bring in snacks in your backpack, whatever you can carry. The only lockers that I know of are at the entrance to the park, so if you want to have access to your stuff, you will have to go back to the entrance. Maybe there are some within the park, I haven't ever used one. Universal Studios does have free lockers (2 hours max) at their rides where you are not permitted to take anything on it. (Men in Black, Hulk come to mind-probably Dueling Dragons, too) I don't think that WDW has any rides that require you to check your back pack into a locker, they have nets and restraints on the ride to minimize losing anything.

Just remember, that backpack becomes very heavy and very sweaty. I speak from experience..! Every year I find that I need less and less, one day I hope to tour with just my tickets and room keys in a lanyard around my neck....:rotfl:

Edited to add..thought I'd better add to my last line..."and the clothes on my back"-don't wanna be runnin' around necked in the MK!

mikesmom
08-04-2007, 11:19 AM
There are plenty of water fountains to fill your bottle. We do it all the time. There are no lockers or any place to put your stuff when you go on rides. There are lockers at the front end of each park on a first come/first serve basis, but then you don't have your stuff. Believe me, the front of the park is WAY too long a walk to go back after your things several times.

We have found our best strategy is to take a "hands free" type of bag along, like a backpack. We have a lightweight one that has a side pocket for a water bottle. We toss in some sunscreen, the water bottle, wallets and take turns carrying the bag. When we get on a ride, I just slide off the bag and place in between my feet.

We use a backpack, others prefer a fanny pack.

TinkerTracy
08-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Yup there are tons of water fountains, but you can also ask any vendor or counter service location for some water in a cup, it will be ice col and it's free!
lockers- at the front of the park. Not too convient. But luckily most rides you can just put your stuff at your feet or in one of the mesh attatchments on the ride.

pixiepower1971
08-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Yes, there are water fountains but if you are not used to the taste of FL water, you may want to carry drink mixes to cover the flavor!