PDA

View Full Version : Help! Opinions please!

4luvofthemouse
08-03-2007, 11:26 PM
So there seems to be a big mess with Df's mother & her family.
Apparently she has been talking about our wedding not being a big deal & that people really shouldn't go out of their way to come.
Here's where I need help!
We are having a wishes wedding, but now with everyone not coming we are down to approx. 18 people.
We don't know if we should change to the escape wedding.
Our wedding is in 4 mths and now we would have to change our date and there is a real big chance of us not being able to keep the WP.
We really don't know what to do!
I am so afraid of it looking cheesy. Our reception is at the White Hall, we had planned on 35-40 people, but now I'm afraid we will look lost in the room.
Our planning session is in 17 days. We need to make our decision fast!
Has anybody had a wishes wedding with 18 or less people? Can you even still have a wishes wedding?

yearbook50
08-04-2007, 07:09 AM
So there seems to be a big mess with Df's mother & her family.
Apparently she has been talking about our wedding not being a big deal & that people really shouldn't go out of their way to come.
Here's where I need help!
We are having a wishes wedding, but now with everyone not coming we are down to approx. 18 people.
We don't know if we should change to the escape wedding.
Our wedding is in 4 mths and now we would have to change our date and there is a real big chance of us not being able to keep the WP.
We really don't know what to do!
I am so afraid of it looking cheesy. Our reception is at the White Hall, we had planned on 35-40 people, but now I'm afraid we will look lost in the room.
Our planning session is in 17 days. We need to make our decision fast!
Has anybody had a wishes wedding with 18 or less people? Can you even still have a wishes wedding?

You could always change your reception hall to a place like the Attic where it wouldn't see as bad

But with less people coming, you could use that money from their food and put it towards more decor for the room so it will not seem as open.

jasonandlisa
08-04-2007, 08:39 AM
I think that you should keep it as a Wishes wedding, as long as you're not going to have trouble meeting the minimums. Do you know for sure that people aren't coming? Both of our moms told us at the start that if we went with a wedding, then "probably not a lot of people would come." Well, no we're having to bring in extra tables and chairs for the Living Seas since it's likely we'll have about 95 people! (They predicted a couple dozen...)

In terms of the space issue, going with a place that could be cozy even with a small group is a good idea.

4luvofthemouse
08-04-2007, 01:23 PM
We know for a fact these people are not coming. They have all RSVP'd. DF's mother really did a number on us with this one!:mad:
I was thinking about dressing the room up with flowers, trees etc.
When we did our site vist the room was filled with trees, you couldn't see any of the walls. It was done up like the lion king for a first b-day party.
So I'm thinking I could probably do something like that just not to that extreme. As far as using the attic, we already using it for our farewell brunch.
It's funny how somethings seem better during the day. I'm actually looking at all the new things I get to spend money on!
There's just one thing I can't shake & that is feeling embarassed about people traveling all that way for something "little". There has been too many comments made about this wedding, so now I just want to put all my energy into making sure all our guests have fun & giving them extra special things.
I have to send out my final newsletter soon, do you think we should let our guests know that it is going to be more intimate than originally planned?

figmentfan814
08-04-2007, 07:43 PM
If you're really worried about the space looking empty, I would call your planner and talk it over with them. I know there are lots of other options that are available to choose from for your site. We were originally going to be in the parlor at the American Adventure and that would accomodate a smaller group too. I know there are some places at the Contemporary Resort; I can't think of them off hand but I'm sure someone else can name them for you.

I've had trouble with my FMIL also, so I understand how you feel. She has pretty much told her entire side not to bother coming to our wedding too. I'm so sorry that you have so much to deal with as your wedding approaches. Sending you a :grouphug:

pooh98378
08-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Have you thought about doing smaller tables? Instead of seating ten per table, maybe you could seat four to six per table. That way, the room wouldn't look quite as empty.

I still think the Whitehall would be a beautiful place to have it! :)