PDA

View Full Version : Please! Tell Me What End of October Is Like & MNSSHP

WaltD4Me
08-03-2007, 12:42 PM
My usual time to go to WDW is early May....I love the F&G Festival, manageable crowds and pretty good weather (hot, but not humid and very little rain) but next year I want to take my nephew with me and he LOVES Halloween, so I was thinking of going end of October instead of early May.
I'm looking at October 26th-Oct 31st, is there anything else goin on then?
Is it still very hot? muggy? Are crowds manageable?

I went the 1st week of October about 10 years ago and it was INCREDIBLY hot and muggy it was awful....almost no crowds though, so we dripped through the days, but it was pretty icky sticky! :rotfl:

I sort of hate to switch my "regular" week, but with a nephew who loves Disney and Halloween......I'll be willing with some good reviews here. Plus I think the parade for MNSSHP sounds pretty awesome.

Can anyone compare early May to late October?

GC&S
08-03-2007, 12:54 PM
We've went in May and October. Oct was still hot & humid, but cooled off at night. May seemed hotter to me but it was more crowded than when we went in Oct. One year it rained when we went in Oct to MNSSHP and that made it more humid. Last year it was early Oct when we went and was pretty cool. So not that I can give a definite answer to how the weather will be, but we prefer Oct to May.

WaltD4Me
08-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Do the MNSSH parties make it more crowded the last week of October?

We'd only go to the party one night, but I was thinking maybe the last week
would bring crowds?