PDA

View Full Version : more info on randy chapman please!

luna99
08-03-2007, 11:12 AM
I talked to Randy on the phone yesterday for the first time and he sounds really sweet! I told him that I found him through this message board and that maggie highly recommended him and he sounded really modest about it and said this was a great board for help and information and he's totally right!

anyway.. can someone who's had randy do their photography remind me of what I'm getting please? I have him for three hours.. so I get a big photo album with pictures that he's chosen and thinks are best and then I get a disk (oops, I typed d*ck! :lmao: ) with all the proofs of the pictures he took all together right? in case I want to get any prints or anything ?

thanks ladies! you're the best!!:bride:
ps, good luck to all the august brides!!! :dance3:

purplegirl247
08-03-2007, 12:41 PM
You get a CD (well, actually, it's a DVD, as I found out when it wouldn't play on my computer!) of all the pics, along with the rights to print them on your own. You also get an album of all the pics he took (or at least, most of them; he won't give you a bunch that are all basically the same, for example). He'll also put a sampling of the major events online for you to review and send to friends. Finally, I've heard that you get either 2 8x10s or 1 11x14 printout of a photo of your choice, but I was never given that option, so I guess I have to follow up with him?

Two additional things. One, (and I've told this story a bunch, so I apologize if I've already talked to you about this!) please be sure to tell him what kind of photography you're looking for. If you like the look of Maggie's photos, tell him you want the same! My mistake was that I assumed that all my photos would look like ones I've seen on the boards, and he is capable of that style, but if you don't tell him what you want, he won't know!

Two, once I got the CD of all my pics, I put together a Photobook from Shutterfly of the wedding. It was a nice way to put all the important photos together, and you can even do it sort of like a story: here's us getting ready, here's me walking down the aisle, here's the ceremony, here's the reception, here's my drunk uncle, etc. (Ha ha, just kidding!). Shutterfly in particular has a hard cover version that looks just like a book and very professional. Awesome-looking!

Anyway, good luck and have a great wedding, less-than-a-month-away bride!

luna99
08-03-2007, 01:10 PM
please be sure to tell him what kind of photography you're looking for. If you like the look of Maggie's photos, tell him you want the same!

hmmm.. what do you mean by that exactly? Like.. I guess what caught my eye was I liked the effects he used in some pictures I saw.. with them being black and white with one thing in the picture in color.. like a red rose... you mean things like that? I did email him once (a few months ago) and told him I wanted my pics to be more "artistic" and sent him a few samples of pictures that I found online that I liked.. but I doubt he would remember that now right? and he responded saying something like "those are interesting" and I assumed interesting = not my style. haha.

should I talk to him about this before hand? like now? or wait until the day of the wedding?

thanks for all your help purplegirl though! you're an angel! *throws pixie dust on you!* :wizard:

Dreamer24
08-03-2007, 01:32 PM
I would also like to know more about what you meant by tell him what style you want. What was different about your pictures compared to Maggies?

Also, if it's a dvd and you can't play it on the computer, how do you order prints?

Maggimus
08-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks for mentioning me- so sweet:goodvibes

Just make sure Randy knows what you want-- if you want the artistic feeling photos-- just before you start shooting let him know that you really like the mirrored photos, photoshopped, artistic, etc. If you like more posed-- just let him know that too.

Here is what you will be getting... (By the way I did the 3 hr package as well!)

A photo album just like this with some of your photos in it... theres quite a few here as you can see

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l301/maggimus/Chapman%20Photography/NewCam001.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l301/maggimus/Chapman%20Photography/NewCam002.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l301/maggimus/Chapman%20Photography/NewCam004.jpg

A CD with ALL of your photos on it. The CD DOES go into your computer and you can save the photos on the compute rthat way. To reprint, Just take the CD to the walmart computer (or any other photography place) in the photo section and you can get prints there for like .30 cents or cheaper (you can get the big photos there too). They are quality and look great. Some walmarts ask for a copywrite release and Linda Chapman will gladly get one to you if you need it (she can fax it over if need be).

Randy is great to work with-- go ahead and get excited:banana: Im excited for you!

Dreamer24
08-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks for mentioning me- so sweet:goodvibes

Just make sure Randy knows what you want-- if you want the artistic feeling photos-- just before you start shooting let him know that you really like the mirrored photos, photoshopped, artistic, etc. If you like more posed-- just let him know that too.

Here is what you will be getting... (By the way I did the 3 hr package as well!)

A photo album just like this with some of your photos in it... theres quite a few here as you can see

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l301/maggimus/Chapman%20Photography/NewCam001.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l301/maggimus/Chapman%20Photography/NewCam002.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l301/maggimus/Chapman%20Photography/NewCam004.jpg

A CD with ALL of your photos on it. The CD DOES go into your computer and you can save the photos on the compute rthat way. To reprint, Just take the CD to the walmart computer (or any other photography place) in the photo section and you can get prints there for like .30 cents or cheaper (you can get the big photos there too). They are quality and look great. Some walmarts ask for a copywrite release and Linda Chapman will gladly get one to you if you need it (she can fax it over if need be).

Randy is great to work with-- go ahead and get excited:banana: Im excited for you!

Maggie, you are so full of good information. Thank you! I hope you stick of around for a couple of years! You would be a wonderful resource when I'm deep into planning my own DFTW!

luna99
08-03-2007, 04:36 PM
thank you maggie.. I knew you'd be a big help! I can't believe I have about a month to go!! it's insane!! thanks again hun! **HUG**

you and the other ladies on here have been so much help to me and I can't thank you all enough! :grouphug:

Maggimus
08-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Glad I could help girls :thumbsup2