PDA

View Full Version : Which wedding gown?

Callalily6
08-02-2007, 08:11 PM
I was wondering what types of gowns you all choose to wear? I saw the new Disney gowns. Anyway, I was wondering if a lot of brides choose destination gowns to get married in or, they choose their dream gown (regardless of how much room it takes up). Share what you choose! There are so many different styles. How can I choose!

pixie08
08-02-2007, 08:13 PM
I just chose the dress I looooved! Now maybe if you are getting married on a beach or something you may want something lighter because of the sand but otherwise I say just wear your dream dress. When you put it on you will know.

In fact I ahd a different style in mind but when I put on my dress it was perfect so that was that.

myprincessgirlisa
08-02-2007, 08:15 PM
my wedding was so long ago, but i still went with a gown i loved!!

I would go with what you want & if your not sure...try & try a few styles on to see which you like best for your body type

It can be overwhelming, but it also can be SO much fun trying on all those dresses

GL & have fun
congrats & welcome!!:goodvibes

jodeeluvsdisney
08-02-2007, 08:28 PM
I am hoping for a "destination" gown, meaning a simple, lightweight gown since it will be an outdoor, morning ceremony in AUGUST!!! Aaak! Hot! So, I'm hoping I find one I like. I'm not a fancy girl anyway, so less detailing, etc. is better for me...

lurkyloo
08-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Anyway, I was wondering if a lot of brides choose destination gowns to get married in or, they choose their dream gown (regardless of how much room it takes up). Share what you choose! There are so many different styles. How can I choose!

I feel the same way! I'm torn between two dresses - one that's very simple and destination wedding-y and one that's more pouffy and, uh, regular wedding-y. Maybe the fact that I'm torn means I need to keep looking, but I like them both so much that I wish I had the dough to wear one for the ceremony and one for the reception like they do in magazines :rotfl:

I will say that it seems many of our DIS brides pick the dream gown if that's what they want. Check the dress sticky and you'll see tons of pretty ball gowns and similarly hard-to-pack styles. A few brides have even bought airplane seats for their dresses! :thumbsup2

orangetiggs
08-03-2007, 04:52 AM
I'm in the UK so know how hot it will be out there in sept and yet I have a big gown its a maggie sottero gown and its huge and its a corset top and I cant breathe in it!! I loved it so much and a destination gown never crossed my mind, you only get married once

Summer-Caitlin
08-03-2007, 04:54 AM
I'm gonna agree that you should go for the gown you love. I always knew what kind of gown I would want and I always knew I would have a destination wedding. My gown is a 2 piece, halter neck top and a huge skirt with a long train and I wouldn't want any other

DisneyFairy19
08-03-2007, 07:54 AM
I chose a very FAIRYTALE gown and I had my eye on it since last year and I order it next month... Very excited.. You can click on my PJ link and you can see the dress

Namsupak
08-03-2007, 09:48 AM
I going with the gown I love. It's got a lot of beading and is very sparkly. The train is a little long... so I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. I don't a think a permanent bustle is for me because I want everyone to see how pretty it is. You should go with what you feel most comfortable in and the dress that you adore :goodvibes When I tried on my dress I told my mom it was a little heavier than I was looking for and she responded with "It's only 1 day" So just remember that... it's only 1 day.

good luck finding your dress!

Callalily6
08-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Has anyone seen the Disney gowns (http://www.disneybridal.com/) yet?

disprincessatheart
08-03-2007, 11:38 AM
I did a compromise sort of. I originally thought I'd do a destination dress, but when I tried them on, they just didn't feel like "the dress". I liked the full dresses better, but I knew I'd be roasting in them, so I finally found one with a full tulle skirt (very lightweight as dresses go) but had the look I loved.

Try both on and see how you feel. If it feels right, that's the dress to go with.

dmslush
08-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Mine is a full gown. We are getting married outside, at Sunset Point. But when I put the gown on, I knew it was the one!

hulagirl87
08-03-2007, 07:47 PM
my gown was very big and princess-y and while it was a pain to carry down there i wouldn't have had it any other way. it was the perfect dress for me. when i put it on in the store i just knew it was the one! :goodvibes

hmgolden
08-03-2007, 08:24 PM
my gown was very big and princess-y and while it was a pain to carry down there i wouldn't have had it any other way. it was the perfect dress for me. when i put it on in the store i just knew it was the one! :goodvibes

Exactly what she said! Although, when DH was carrying my dress through the airport on our way to WDW for the wedding, he did gripe a couple times that it better be a really pretty dress!:rotfl:

beckyb29
08-03-2007, 08:32 PM
I ended up with a traditional gown, but I had contemplated getting a smaller destination gown. After I tried on several kinds, I knew I had to go with what I fell in love with.

If I didn't have family members drive it to Florida for me, I probably would have bought it a seat on the plane.

When you try them on, you will know when you have found The ONE. Have fun!!

Ember
08-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Go for the one that makes your heart sing! My dress was as poofy as they came, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. :) Besides, what better place to be a princess!