PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from a week at WDW using an ECV...

JJ1231231
01-08-2001, 03:12 PM
We just spent 7 days at WDW before the three day cruise and had a great time! The only thing I will recommend for anyone using an ECV in the next few weeks, IF the weather is still cold, bring a lap blanket! I nearly froze the first few days in the park till I got wise and bought a small blanket. The blankets people were using from the resorts were so big and bulky that they were cumbersome. Bring a cap that covers your ears and WARM gloves...NOT leather ones!!

I am glad we went...but glad to be home too!

JJ
I Believe!!!

SueOKW
01-08-2001, 03:36 PM
Very glad to hear everything went well! I am also glad to hear that you resolved the chill factor!
Sue

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/vltdisney/buzzwoody02.gif

SueM in MN
01-08-2001, 05:06 PM
Glad you had fun and figured out how to avoid freezing. When you are sitting there driving, you are not generating much heat.ÿ

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES (http://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=frm&s=40009993&f=38009194)
http://disneyclipart.simplenet.com/Movies/Cinderella/Cinderella/cinderella08.gif ˇ

JudithM
01-08-2001, 05:20 PM
Good tip about the blanket for colder weather - thank you. When we were there at the end of November/early December we brought a white towel from the room every day to put on the ECV seat when it was sitting in the sun, & I was not in it (maybe in line or on a ride, etc.). Those black seats can get hot in the FL sun.

mamajoan
01-12-2001, 10:31 AM
So, JJ how was the cruise portion of your vacation? I know alot of people on this board will be anxious to know how accessible you found the ship and Nassau,etc.. I know I loved the cruise completely, Hope yours was wonderful too!

JJ1231231
01-16-2001, 06:40 PM
Well,
We had major troubles in Nassau with the chair. The streets are NOT wheelchair friendly. The stor fronts all have a two inch step and the sidewalks are just not easy to manuever. We still had fun and I shopped at all the outside vendors, which was alot more fun anyway! I loved meeting the local people and asking them questions about the islands and how they live.

The ship was difficult in some areas due to the "seams" of the ship. I have found this to be very typical of the two cruises I have been on. I have been on a Princess cruise and a Disney cruise and had the same problems with our compaion chair. Maybe the chairs with the bigger wheels work easier.

At any rate, this did NOT deter me from having a good time...it only was a bother at the end of the day.

ENJOY!!

JJ
I Believe!!!

LindaDVC
01-17-2001, 03:09 AM
We were on the fourth sailing of the magic in 98.
Did they improve the excursions any?
When we were in Nassau the only thing to explore was the non-accessible town.
It was also so hot we returned to the ship.
Linda

JJ1231231
01-17-2001, 04:46 AM
We did not do an excursion...but there sure was alot of activity at the ship when we docked. So I guess there are alot more choices of things to do then just walk around the city. I wish now we had gone to the Atlantis hotel just to see it.

JJ
I Believe!!!