PDA

View Full Version : CdnDisneyBride08's Planning Journal- March 24, 2008 *We have a photographer!!!*

CdnDisneyBride08
08-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Well, I decided to finally bite the bullet and start a planning journal! I apologize in advance if this turns into more of a novel than a journal!

How We Met *October 26, 2003*
Christen and I were both students at the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology. One night I went out with some friends from class and when we got back to the dorms, I ran upstairs to pick up my friends backpack. When I was on my way to give it to him I went through the lobby and this guy called me a ninja (I know, bizarre.) I turned around and just gave him a look like "***?" and went outside. About 5 minutes later I walked back into the lobby and the look on Kris' face was priceless. He just thought that I was some random girl at the dorms that was leaving and would never come back. He didn't actually think that I lived there. Now, Kris is a pretty quiet person like myself, who rarely used to talk to girls, so for him to say anything to me was quite shocking.
So to make a long story short, I became really good friends with Kris and Rick. They were like my brothers at SAIT. And Christen, my FH, went to school with them. Apparently he was always at their apartment, but I never happened to run into him. One night, they asked me to go to a party at their classmates house. I really, really didn't want to go. But they pursuaded me. I'm glad I did though. I met Christen on the train on the way there. We talked that whole night and something just clicked.

The Proposal *December 31, 2005*
I'm going to make this the condensed version of his proposal.
We're both huge Calgary Flames fans and we nabbed tickets to the New Year's Eve Game. We had made reservations at our favourite restaurant in Calgary for our "pre-game" supper.
Christen wanted to take a detour before supper down to Prince's Island Park by the river downtown. I was reluctant to go, but he told me that they had Christmas lights at the park that he wanted to show me. I'm a sucker for Christmas, I absolutely love anything to do with Christmas, so as soon as he told me, I was sold.
We had to walk like 10 city blocks to get there, which wouldn't have been so bad, but me being the braniac I am, wore high-heel boots eventhough I knew we had to walk far. I was about to give up and just go to supper, but he was so very adament that I see these Christmas lights. He had been acting kinda weird all day so I knew something was up.
We got to Prince's Island Park and he took me down by the river. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. And what did I do??? I laughed. Yes, I stood there and laughed. Horrible reaction, yes. Why did I do it? I can't even explain that. But I laughed and didn't even say yes for about 3 minutes. Now when people ask my why I laughed I say it's because we're going out right after and I didn't want to ruin my makeup!!!!

The Wedding *March 24, 2008*
So, I would like to say that this is the first wedding that we have planned. And my dream since I was a little girl was to be married in Disney World. But neither of these two statements is true.
We started planning our first wedding about 3 months after our engagagement in the Canadian Rockies for May 27, 2006. I had absoultely everything planned (2 binders full of ideas.) All we had to do was put the deposits down. But time went on and Christen suggested that maybe we have a wedding in the Caribbean instead. I hummed and hawed about that for awhile and decided that yes, a Caribbean wedding would be nice so we axed the Emerald Lake plan.
So we chose Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for March 21- 28, 2008. I went through hours of gathering package information and e-mailing the wedding coordinator at the resort and this wedding was mostly planned. Then we kind of started to second guess it. Not something you want to do with your wedding. And Christen's dad suggested that we get married at Disney World. I have thought for a long time that having a Disney wedding would be awesome, but we could never afford it. I looked into it, and a Disney wedding turned out to be more affordable than we ever imagined. And the rest is history.

Why Disney?
Christen's parents took us to Disney last Easter. It was my first time at Disney World and Christen's 2nd. We had an amazing time! And i've been waiting to go back ever since.
Disney was absoultely everything I imaged and more. The feeling you get there is truly magical.
I'm very close to my family. My Aunt and Uncle are the only ones in my family, besides myself, that have been to Disney World. I grew up with my Grandparents and they always wanted to take me to Disney World. So this will not only be my wedding, it'll also be a family vacation. The first for our family. I cannot wait. I get so excited just thinking about it. My Great Grandma and Great-Great Aunt are the only ones in my family not able to attend. It's just too hot in Florida, and they are not well enough to spend the days with a crazy crowd in the parks. I'm sad that they can't come, but I completely understand.

So.... about the wedding.....

Date: March 24, 2008
Time: 2:30 pm
Number of guests: 18 (more for reception though)
Officiant: Randal Miller
Photographer: still deciding between Randy Chapman and Misty Miotto
Theme: Mickey Mouse!!
Reception: TBA (We're thinking about 'Ohanas. We're looking for something that's not formal. Because, to be quite frank, we're not formal!!!)

Oh... and we're staying at the Pop Century Resort. We stayed there last year and had a blast.

Well I think that's all for my intro. I have to make a couple more Save-the-Date cards and magnets today so i'll post pics tonight.

curiouser
08-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Yay, a new PJ!! I can't wait to see your wedding plans unfold :cloud9:

I am so glad you chose WDW over Punta Cana, a)because WDW is the best place ever! and b) because one of my co-workers went on a 2nd honeymoon to Punta Cana.. it happened to be during hurricane season and after the storm passed through some of the locals began looting the hotels and holding tourists at (machine) gunpoint! :scared: They had to be helicoppered out to the airport to fly home immediately. I'm too scared to ever go there now!! :scared:

CdnDisneyBride08
08-02-2007, 10:39 AM
some of the locals began looting the hotels and holding tourists at (machine) gunpoint! :scared: They had to be helicoppered out to the airport to fly home immediately. I'm too scared to ever go there now!! :scared:

Wow! Oh my gosh! Yeah I don't think i'll be going there. There's been afew crazy things that have happened in Punta Cana lately. :scared1:

oneyodafan
08-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Great start! Looking forward to more.

myprincessgirlisa
08-02-2007, 11:12 AM
congrats on the DFTW!!!

Im glad you ended up going w/DFTW!!!! its interesting how your FFIL mentioned it?..he must be a big WDW fan!!

I think its cute how you laughed after the proposal....im sure he knew that it was your way of showing excitment!!

I cant wait to hear more & see pics!!!

congrats & welcome!!:goodvibes

CdnDisneyBride08
08-02-2007, 09:34 PM
OK. So i'm FINALLY done my save-the-date's. I made 11 of them and had them sent out at the beginning of July. But since then we've invited afew more people to come down for the reception and I finally got over procrastinating and got them done.

Sorry for the pic quality...... and the size. I didn't have time to resize them!

save-the-date magnet
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f252/tp1724/wedding/savethedatemagnet.jpg

front of save-the-date- it's an embossed mickey in the middle. sorry it's hard to see. i took 10 pics and they all turned out the same!
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f252/tp1724/wedding/savethedatecover.jpg

inside card
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f252/tp1724/wedding/savethedatecard.jpg

We also included a little diddy about the room reservations on a separate card.

I'm going to do welcome bags for our guests and the other day I was in Dollar Giant and came across a couple of items.

bottle opener/key chain
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f252/tp1724/wedding/keychain.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f252/tp1724/wedding/puzzles.jpg

curiouser
08-03-2007, 06:44 AM
Those are so cute! I love the ribbon on the envelope!

sunsh1ne
08-03-2007, 07:08 AM
nice start!! love your stories and your save the dates are great

IrishLily
08-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Wow, I love your Save The Dates! They're beautiful! Where did you get them done?

Raspberry Bubbles
08-03-2007, 08:44 AM
I love those Save the Dates! So bright and pink! Where did you get them done? :)

lpizzuro123
08-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Love the Save the Date and those great bottle openers.

Can't wait to ready more.

Linda

BaBeeCee14
08-03-2007, 09:02 AM
They look great! Did you make the cards yourself? I love the wording on your save the date cards. Would you mind if I "borrowed" it? :goodvibes

DisneyFairy19
08-03-2007, 09:03 AM
WOW SO BEAUTIFUL I Love them

Shyvioletisme
08-03-2007, 09:35 AM
wow! your save the dates are too cute!!!

CdnDisneyBride08
08-03-2007, 10:23 AM
They look great! Did you make the cards yourself? I love the wording on your save the date cards. Would you mind if I "borrowed" it? :goodvibes

Thanks. Yes I made them myself. I was too cheap and on too much of a time constraint to have them made

No I wouldn't mind at all if you borrowed it. :)

CdnDisneyBride08
08-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks ladies! I did the cards myself and quite frugally I might add. But i'll never do them again!!!! I knew it'd be alot of work, but I didn't think it would take so much time. Now I'm so not looking forward to making invites.

I absolutely love the ribbon. It's been my favourite so far that i've seen. For some reason it's very Minnie Mouse to me, which I think is fitting. And my colours are fuscia, black and white, so it worked out perfectly.

BaBeeCee14
08-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Wow you made those cards yourself? You did a great job! Can't wait to hear more about your plans. Keep them coming :thumbsup2

CdnDisneyBride08
08-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Alright. So i've totally been slacking lately. But i'm making a little more progress in the planning stages. I have hair and makeup booked, we have a photographer, the Magic Kingdom photo shot is booked, and I finally had afew questions answered by my WC. Now all we have to do is actually book the trip to get down there!!!

So I booked my hair and make-up with Ana from Beaute Speciale for the day of our wedding and two days later for the Magic Kingdom Photo Shoot. I've read great things about her on the boards so i'm pretty confident she'll do a good job.

We decided on Randy Chapman to shoot our wedding photos. It was a REALLY tough decision. Pictures are so important to me so I spent alot of time doing research on the boards and we liked his work the best and his package seems to offer alot.

We're not going the traditional route with music (Canon in D, etc.), although I really like the songs, we just aren't traditional people whatsoever. So I e-mailed Karen to find out if I could substitute the violinist with another musician, which she said was fine. I'm just not sure about the violin. So I was thinking of switching to a guitar, but now i'm thinking it would be nice to have more than one instrument. But I have alot of time to figure that out. It'd just be nice if I could find samples of the type of music that we'd like.

I finally got my Magic Kingdom photo shoot booked. We're doing it two days after our wedding. My FH is the hardest person to get outta bed so I don't know how he's going to like getting pictures taken at 6AM but he can suck it up :)

I found a couple pictures of cakes that I need to forward to Karen. We thought it would be really cool to have a mad hatter cake so we're going to get quotes for that.

We'd like something like these cakes, only two-tiered and of course it has to have something Mickey on it.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f252/tp1724/wedding/pinkblackmadhatter.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f252/tp1724/wedding/pinkblackmadhatter-1.jpg

And I was in Michael's the other day and found these accordion albums 50% off :cool1: We have 4 kids coming to the wedding so I picked these up for them.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f252/tp1724/wedding/photoalbum.jpg

Well.....I think that's it for now. I'll tell our story about our completely clueless reservation agent at Disney after we get our package booked.

Tabetha
08-11-2007, 10:41 AM
I think a guitar would be really nice. And also, it would probably be easier finding sheet music for whatever songs you choose for a guitar than, say, a harp!

CdnDisneyBride08
08-11-2007, 10:53 AM
I think a guitar would be really nice. And also, it would probably be easier finding sheet music for whatever songs you choose for a guitar than, say, a harp!

Yeah, i've already looked up some of the songs that we want and it was so easy to find sheet music for a guitar. I just don't know what else to have with the guitar, or if I should have anything at all.

I'm going to get a quote for a trio and a quartet but i'm pretty sure that'll be crazy expensive!!!!

Tabetha
08-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Wow, that would be really nice!
I also think a violin and a flute would be pretty, although probably a little more traditional.

Belle1981
08-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Hey there fellow CANADIAN DISNEY BRIDE! Everything looks great! I can't wait to read more! You are WAY more prepared than we are I am so envious!

CdnDisneyBride08
08-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Hey there fellow CANADIAN DISNEY BRIDE! Everything looks great! I can't wait to read more! You are WAY more prepared than we are I am so envious!

Well...i'm not really that prepared. But we're moving in a couple weeks and I won't have the internet for 2 months :eek: Oh i'm gonna die. So i'm trying to get as much done as I possibly can before we go! Luckily my WC is quick with her responses so that helps alot.

mmmsarah3
08-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Alright. So i've totally been slacking lately. But i'm making a little more progress in the planning stages. I have hair and makeup booked, we have a photographer, the Magic Kingdom photo shot is booked, and I finally had afew questions answered by my WC. Now all we have to do is actually book the trip to get down there!!!

So I booked my hair and make-up with Ana from Beaute Speciale for the day of our wedding and two days later for the Magic Kingdom Photo Shoot. I've read great things about her on the boards so i'm pretty confident she'll do a good job.

We decided on Randy Chapman to shoot our wedding photos. It was a REALLY tough decision. Pictures are so important to me so I spent alot of time doing research on the boards and we liked his work the best and his package seems to offer alot.

We're not going the traditional route with music (Canon in D, etc.), although I really like the songs, we just aren't traditional people whatsoever. So I e-mailed Karen to find out if I could substitute the violinist with another musician, which she said was fine. I'm just not sure about the violin. So I was thinking of switching to a guitar, but now i'm thinking it would be nice to have more than one instrument. But I have alot of time to figure that out. It'd just be nice if I could find samples of the type of music that we'd like.

I finally got my Magic Kingdom photo shoot booked. We're doing it two days after our wedding. My FH is the hardest person to get outta bed so I don't know how he's going to like getting pictures taken at 6AM but he can suck it up :)

I found a couple pictures of cakes that I need to forward to Karen. We thought it would be really cool to have a mad hatter cake so we're going to get quotes for that.

We'd like something like these cakes, only two-tiered and of course it has to have something Mickey on it.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f252/tp1724/wedding/pinkblackmadhatter.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f252/tp1724/wedding/pinkblackmadhatter-1.jpg

And I was in Michael's the other day and found these accordion albums 50% off :cool1: We have 4 kids coming to the wedding so I picked these up for them.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f252/tp1724/wedding/photoalbum.jpg

Well.....I think that's it for now. I'll tell our story about our completely clueless reservation agent at Disney after we get our package booked.

Everything is looking great!!!

Did your WC give you a price to switch the violinist to the guitarist? or is it just a free swap?

CdnDisneyBride08
08-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Everything is looking great!!!

Did your WC give you a price to switch the violinist to the guitarist? or is it just a free swap?

She didn't mention a price. She just said that the violinist can be substituted for a guitar or flute. So i'm assuming no price difference, but i'll have to double check on that.

mmmsarah3
08-13-2007, 10:27 AM
She didn't mention a price. She just said that the violinist can be substituted for a guitar or flute. So i'm assuming no price difference, but i'll have to double check on that.

If it isnt too much trouble, could you let me know when you find out?