PDA

View Full Version : To-be-wed wear??

marywdw
08-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Has anyone ordered one of these hoodie's?? I want one that just has Mrs. Last name (not soon to be - for $65 I'd like to be able to wear it AFTER the wedding too! :rolleyes: ) I've seen them on the knot, but I'm reluctant to order any clothing online without knowing how it will fit - especially something that will be personalized that I can't return!!
Do they run true to size? Anyone get theirs somewhere other than the knot??? :confused:
Thanks!!! :thumbsup2

noochez
08-01-2007, 09:05 AM
I have not ordered anything yet. But while doing some searches, I found someone's wedding pictures and she had a hoodie that said Mrs. "her first name, his last name" and est. "wedding date". She got it on wearmyname.com. Not sure how the sizes run.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10747;0/st/20080327/e/Our+Disney+Dream+Wedding/k/12f5/event.png[/IMG]

RangerPooh
08-01-2007, 10:13 AM
The only item of clothing that I purchased from theknot was a t-shirt a few years ago and I thought that it ran small, but that might have been the cut of the shirt. Another option that might be available to you is to see if there is an embrodery/silk-screening shop in your community. It might not be as fancy but you can usually provide them with your own clothing to be done.

princess110607
08-01-2007, 02:14 PM
"Noochez" thanks for that website! It looks like a super cool place to order!

TinkerFairy
08-01-2007, 03:06 PM
As RangerPooh mentioned, if you have a local embroidery/silk-screening store, you can bring in your own items and get the work done yourself for a fraction of the cost of the hoodies you can order.

I gave each of my 3 flower girls a Cinderella's coach fleece lined hoodie the Disney store carried last winter, we had each one embroidered with
Princess TheirName, it was less than $10 a pop.

Plus you have the satisfaction of using a hoodie you know fits, and you know you love already.

JaxTeach
08-01-2007, 04:35 PM
I ordered my hoodie on eBay. It is a normal white fleece hoodie-- nothing fancy. I plan on wearing it while getting my hair & makeup and then during our stay at WDW. The lady customized it to say whatever I wanted (in my case it is "Mrs. Booz Est. 12-14-2007"). I also had one made for our flower girl. I paid $27.99 including shipping. I think she can embroider in just about any color. I can get her eBay id to you if you'd like.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/Hoodies2.jpg http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z145/jholt77/Hoodies1.jpg

marywdw
08-01-2007, 05:35 PM
"Noochez" thanks for that website! It looks like a super cool place to order!

Our weddings are so close! Can you believe how it's creeping up on us???:goodvibes

marywdw
08-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks to all for your help! I'm going to try that wearmyname site and see what they have to offer!
I've been thinking about taking a hoodie to be embroidered by me, but I am having a heck of a time finding white ladies hooded sweatshirts somewhere other than online!! I found some for super cheap on the hanes website, but I still don't know how they fit!!!
I'll keep you posted with my (hopeful) success! :thumbsup2

pooh98378
08-01-2007, 10:31 PM
I know www.classybride.com has stuff too.

poohface
08-02-2007, 06:39 AM
Does anyone know of any sites that do these hoodies in plus sizes, I need a size 30:headache:. I even tried locating just a plain white one and getting it embroidered myself but I could find anything.