PDA

View Full Version : Help

akalucky1
07-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi Everyone,
We just signed our contract earlier this month for a vow renewal at WP and the reception at the ADH for June 2008. :yay: I am soooo excited. We're having 70 people (more or less). I really wanted a sit-down but it is not possible. I do have a few questions from you all. How well does the buffet work? Does the food stay hot (I hate cold food). Has anyone done carving stations? We want to do desserts upstars and serve them with champaign just before the fireworks at the World Showcase. Has anyone don this? Any suggestions or experience would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Peggy
:goodvibes

akalucky1
07-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Has anyone had characters at the ADH. How long do they stay and mingle with the guests?

Lisacope
07-31-2007, 06:29 PM
I am doing my VR at WDW in June 2008 too! I can't answer your questions but I was wondering when your date was - Mine is June 26, 2008

And I also wanted to welcome you to the board!

akalucky1
08-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Hi Lisa,
Congratulation! That is really cool. My VR is June 24!

We actually got married September 24th, but 25 years later many of the cousins have grown up and had kids of their own and our family has gotten much bigger. So we are celebrating our anniversary in the summer for everyone to be able to attend. We are so excited.

Where are you having your VR? Are you having a large party or an intimate affair? Who is your planner? Maybe we'll see each other when we are down there.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Peggy

Lisacope
08-10-2007, 06:56 PM
That is awesome Peggy! I will be arriving on June 24th and our VR will be June 26th!

Are you going to be staying at the Boardwalk or Beach/yacht club? That is where we will be staying!

Our ceremony will be at the WP and then our Reception will be in one of the parks. I am keeping it a secret from my guests so if you want to know the location, just let me know and I will PM you!

Here is my planning journal:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1530992

akalucky1
08-10-2007, 07:04 PM
We are having our guests stay at the BWV. We are DVC members and using our points for all of the rooms.

How many years of marriage are you celebrating? Where is your reception? Please PM me, I'm really curious.

Peggy

marywdw
08-10-2007, 07:35 PM
:welcome:
Hi Peggy!
Congratulations on your upcoming VR and 25 years of marital bliss! :goodvibes
I don't have many answers for you, but I wanted to welcome you to our group!
I do know that the characters are only "hired" for 30 minutes - which, unfortunately might be less depending on your location and how long it takes them to get from their dressing area to the reception. I have heard from brides here that they were there fewer than the 30 minutes (:headache:) and some have even said they stayed slightly longer than that (:woohoo:).
Good luck with your planning!!!