PDA

View Full Version : SBP, Yacht & Beach Club and Ariel's questions

magdog79
07-30-2007, 09:45 PM
We have a few questions about the area of the resorts and restaurant. We have been going back and forth about If we should move our deluxe hotel for our guests from the WL to Y&BC but we are unsure where Ariel's is located between the 2 resorts.

Question 1: Does anyone know where Ariel's is located on the resort map? We can't find resort map that lists it(probably because it isn't open to the public).

Question 2: We are also wondering which resort is closer to SBP (our ceremony site)?

Question 3: How far is the walk between the Y&BC and SBP?

Question 4: Would guests want to walk or is the limo still needed for transportation between the ceremony and reception?

Thx in advance

hiwaygal
07-31-2007, 07:30 AM
1. I'm not really sure about Ariel's, but I'm sure others can help you out with that.

2. I guess "technically" the Boardwalk Inn (also a Deluxe Resort) is closest to SBP, with the Beach Club a close second (the end closest to the International Gateway of Epcot).

3. It's not too far. The Yacht Club is furthest. I'm not sure I'd want to walk it in a full wedding dress in the hottest part of the year...but it's probably not more than a 15 minute walk.

4. I think it would depend on your guests and the weather. If it's REALLY warm or raining, you might use a limo, but if not, they might like the walk. It's actually a nice walk.

I hope that helps some!

magdog79
08-04-2007, 06:30 AM
Bump.

I am still trying to find where Ariel's is located in the yacht and beach club resort area.

allisonswonderland
08-04-2007, 06:54 AM
Ariels is actually located in the Beach Club - it is not listed on maps because it is no longer a functioning restaurant - only for weddings and conventions. It is before you get to Beaches and Cream. You walk through the lobby past Cape May and you will find it Next to Marthas Vineyard and then you walk outside to the pool....the next place you come to once outside is Beaches and Cream. I love the Beach Club and I would say if you are having a reception there I would have guests there, but that is just me! My reception was at Ariels.

I would say BC is closer to SBP and it is not really far at all in my opinion, do you have any elderly people? I am not sure I would want to walk in my wedding gown, but guests could walk it, what are other opinions, there is a hill but not much of one, it take 5 min to get to Epcot and you just turn left to get to SBP. If I was a guest I would not have a problem walking, my mom has a bad knee and she walked all around Epcot and then walked back to the BC. I think it depends on your guests

yearbook50
08-04-2007, 06:58 AM
To Better Explain Allison's Post.

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/beachyachtmap.jpg

magdog79
08-04-2007, 07:02 AM
Thanks everyone for your help.