PDA

View Full Version : Yay! Finally got an e-mail from coordinator! Now I have a photographer dilemma!!!!

CdnDisneyBride08
07-30-2007, 01:32 PM
I've been waiting for what seems like forever (it's only actually been a couple of weeks) for our coordinator to contact us! We finally got an e-mail this morning from Karen Serrette. Anyone else have her?

We also got our contract and our AP in the mail today. Gotta love Canada Post. We got the envelope and it was all bent to crap.

Oh well....i'm so excited. I can finally start my planning journal. :cheer2:

Disneygirl0259
07-30-2007, 01:34 PM
I've been waiting for what seems like forever (it's only actually been a couple of weeks) for our coordinator to contact us! We finally got an e-mail this morning from Karen Serrette. Anyone else have her?

We also got our contract and our AP in the mail today. Gotta love Canada Post. We got the envelope and it was all bent to crap.

How exciting!!!!

what kind of wedding are you having?

CdnDisneyBride08
07-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Intimate! I have the majority of the planning done. We have a minister, but i'm still not sure what to do about photography. We've already contacted Misty Miotto, but I seem to change my mind every day! Oh the decisions.....

We're also still trying to narrow down a location for the reception. We'll have about 30 people. Anyone have any suggestions?

Disneygirl0259
07-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Intimate! I have the majority of the planning done. We have a minister, but i'm still not sure what to do about photography. We've already contacted Misty Miotto, but I seem to change my mind every day! Oh the decisions.....

We're also still trying to narrow down a location for the reception. We'll have about 30 people. Anyone have any suggestions?

How wonderful!!!!

You should definatly start a planning journal!

Lynn5700
07-30-2007, 02:03 PM
That's awesome!!! You must be thrilled:) I am a March Bride too:)

jenny08
07-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Congratulations! :banana:

I just received my first email from Karen today too after waiting a few weeks since Ive sent in the contract!! I can't wait to start looking through the information.

I look foward to reading your planning journal!!! :cool1:

Tabetha
07-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Hey, with Canada Post, you should be happy you got the package at all!

How exciting, though, eh? Only 7 more months!

CdnDisneyBride08
07-30-2007, 11:48 PM
Hey, with Canada Post, you should be happy you got the package at all!

How exciting, though, eh? Only 7 more months!

:rotfl2: So very true!!!

orangetiggs
07-31-2007, 01:40 AM
we are going to use misty, i love her work. we have not booked her yet as we cant confirm our date for another 4 weeks

DisneyFairy19
07-31-2007, 07:59 AM
YEY How wonderful:goodvibes :goodvibes :cheer2: :cheer2:

mmmsarah3
07-31-2007, 10:28 AM
I just got an email for Karen yesterday! My wedding isnt until May 19 though. I still haven't gotten my contract and AP's yet. maybe today! I am using Misty Miotto and and she seems really nice and her pictures look great! I am am pretty excited about using her!

CdnDisneyBride08
07-31-2007, 01:32 PM
we are going to use misty, i love her work. we have not booked her yet as we cant confirm our date for another 4 weeks

I just contacted her on friday and she's was out of town but she got back to me the next day. I was surprised! We haven't made a final decision, but i'm sure that we're going to go with her. She takes really good pictures (something that I desperately want for my wedding) and her rates are really reasonable. We're moving to a new city in a few months, buying a house, my FH is opening a business, we've got the wedding and we're going to Europe next summer, so we're going with the "Broke and In Love Package." lol I love the name!!!!

Chantelle
07-31-2007, 05:08 PM
Where ya moving too? I see you're in Calgary right now so you're not far from me in Edmonton. I think you need to be patient with getting replies from the wedding planners because your wedding is so far away. It usually took about a week before we heard back from anyone which was understandable because they were dealing with other weddings.

CdnDisneyBride08
07-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Where ya moving too? I see you're in Calgary right now so you're not far from me in Edmonton. I think you need to be patient with getting replies from the wedding planners because your wedding is so far away. It usually took about a week before we heard back from anyone which was understandable because they were dealing with other weddings.

We're moving to Abbotsford,BC. I can't wait!!! But it's going to be right about the time that I need to be making invitations and getting them sent out. Oh well!!

Do you ever go on Weddingbells?

CdnDisneyBride08
07-31-2007, 09:10 PM
I just got an email for Karen yesterday! My wedding isnt until May 19 though. I still haven't gotten my contract and AP's yet. maybe today! I am using Misty Miotto and and she seems really nice and her pictures look great! I am am pretty excited about using her!

What photo package are you going with?

Tabetha
07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
I agree that photos are really key. I wouldln't mind splurging a bit there, either.

I don't know that we'll book an outside photographer, though. We may just get the photog that comes with the Escape package, and have DF's dad shoot the rest - he freelances doing wedding photos. I wouldn't want him doing them all, though. The man has to enjoy and relax, his son's getting hitched!

How long ago did you call DFTW? I keep wanting to call, but we're more than 12 months out and I'm too Canuck polite to "bother" them. whatta goof!

CdnDisneyBride08
07-31-2007, 11:56 PM
How long ago did you call DFTW? I keep wanting to call, but we're more than 12 months out and I'm too Canuck polite to "bother" them. whatta goof!

I first contacted DFTW the later part of June. Up until April this year, we were planning for our wedding in the Dominican Republic and we decided not to go that route and put a wedding on the back burner. Then the whole Disney World wedding came up and it was sort of an impulse thing to go for it. So we had about 8 months from the time we decided to do it 'til the actual wedding in March.

What location have you chosen for your wedding?

Tabetha
08-01-2007, 12:32 AM
We'd really like to use the WP, but I think I wouldn't mind visiting the Gazebo at the Yacht Club to check out the vibe.

For the WP, we'd have to wait till 8 months out, right?

CdnDisneyBride08
08-01-2007, 09:38 AM
For the WP, we'd have to wait till 8 months out, right?

Yes, I believe it's 8 months to book, but I think that you can call at the 12 month mark to get your name and a tentative date in. I'm not positive though.

Tabetha
08-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Cool! I just called!

mmmsarah3
08-01-2007, 11:55 AM
What photo package are you going with?

Oh we are broke and in love, too! :)

I think its a pretty good deal! That is really all that we will need anyway.

mmmsarah3
08-01-2007, 12:01 PM

Did you email her back or anything? I don't know what to do now.

CdnDisneyBride08
08-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Did you email her back or anything? I don't know what to do now.

I haven't e-mailed her back yet. I also got an e-mail last night about our wedding website and it said to e-mail Karen the information for the website so I guess i'll have to do that. And I need to find out about the Magic Kingdom photo shoot. Do we have to schedule that or does the wedding coordinator do that?

I think right now, you just e-mail her with any questions that you have and just make sure to send back your wedding worksheet a couple months before your wedding (i'm not sure exactly how many days.)

CdnDisneyBride08
08-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Okay my FH thinks i'm totally ridiculous freaking out about this, but I don't know what to do. I know that I want to hire an outside photographer for the wedding so I have narrowed it down to two: Misty Miotto or Randy Chapman.

I know that Randy's crazy busy with weddings, but I thought i'd take a shot and see if he was available for my date. I figured there wouldn't be a hope in heck that he would have the date free. So I e-mailed him.

That same day I e-mailed Misty Miotto. I heard back from her the next day so I figured Randy must be busy since I hadn't heard back from him, and we decided to go with Misty.

I hadn't sent her the deposit yet. I completly forgot about it. Well.....today I get an e-mail from Randy saying that he is available!

Now I don't know what to do. It's totally stressing me out having to choose and I have no idea why. But i've got like a day to decide and I really don't know what i'm going to do. Eeeeeekkkk!!!!!

princessdisneybelle
08-01-2007, 11:17 PM
That is a hard one. I think you just have to go with your gut instink of who you think would be better for your wedding. I think they have both taken some great pics for other brides. Try not to stress too much about it. There will be alot more things that come up.

audisight
08-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Okay my FH thinks i'm totally ridiculous freaking out about this, but I don't know what to do. I know that I want to hire an outside photographer for the wedding so I have narrowed it down to two: Misty Miotto or Randy Chapman.

I know that Randy's crazy busy with weddings, but I thought i'd take a shot and see if he was available for my date. I figured there wouldn't be a hope in heck that he would have the date free. So I e-mailed him.

That same day I e-mailed Misty Miotto. I heard back from her the next day so I figured Randy must be busy since I hadn't heard back from him, and we decided to go with Misty.

I hadn't sent her the deposit yet. I completly forgot about it. Well.....today I get an e-mail from Randy saying that he is available!

Now I don't know what to do. It's totally stressing me out having to choose and I have no idea why. But i've got like a day to decide and I really don't know what i'm going to do. Eeeeeekkkk!!!!!

:hug: I know just how you feel. I had to make the same choice between Misty and Randy a couple of months ago. Go with the one you feel can bring that special touch to your wedding and the one that puts you at ease. Ask both Misty and Randy all the questions you want. I asked a ton of questions before I made my choice and in the end went with Randy. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Maggimus
08-02-2007, 08:16 AM
I love Randy. Everyone will tell you that. He is an awesome photographer and makes you feel so comfortable. Definitely give it a long hard look. Congratulations :)

orangetiggs
08-02-2007, 11:07 AM
we are booking the WP at 12 months so you dont havbe to wait till 8 months out. You only have to wait if you want your recepion in a convention centre place. If you want a special venue or in park reception you can book at 12 months for a wishes anyway