PDA

View Full Version : What did you buy for gifts?

VistaLeigh'smommy
07-29-2007, 12:18 PM
I am trying to figure out what to get for gifts for parents/groomsmen/bridesmaids!

I plan to do welcome bags and then maybe something else as well. Does anyone want to share what they bought to help my creative juices flow??

I was thinking about getting an LLbean toiletry bag for the men and having it monogramed.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=personal-organizer&categoryId=34904&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=4525&cat4=2936&shop_method=pp&feat=4525-tn

I figured I could do a tote bag for the women.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=boat-and-tote-bag&categoryId=37037&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=4782&cat4=2879&shop_method=pp&feat=4782-tn

jasonandlisa
07-29-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm struggling to come up with gift ideas for our parents, too! I thought about getting a nice bracelet for each of the moms, that they could wear on the wedding day. (I love redenvelope.com for gifts like that.). But then I remembered that FMIL has bad arthritis and probably can't do jewelry clasps very well. We don't have a wedding party except for our flower girl. For her, we got the "sorcerer" version of Pal Mickey. I know she'll love that. We've created welcome gift boxes for all our guests, but I'd love to come up with something special for our parents. If I can't think of anything in time, I'll probably just have nice gift baskets made by disneyflorist.com and delivered to their rooms. But having a gift for them to open at the rehearsal dinner would be nice...

wdwtheplacetobe
07-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Since your FMIL has problems with clasps...look at James Avery!

I got my BM's a "deep in the heart of TEXAS" charm, with a wire bracelet...
but for my Mom...they have wonderful pin thingies to hold the charm.

Just something little...I'm also including Tix to MNSSHP for the BM's, as they've decided to stay and run the parks AFTER the wedding with each other even tho this will be their first meeting!!!

congrats everyone!

Make it a MAGICAL DAY!!!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Ticky Toria 78
07-29-2007, 02:22 PM
We only had a small party at our wedding.... but we got a necklace and earrings for the bridesmaid and mother of bride. The Father of the Bride and Best Man got a nice leather wallet from Fossil.

jasonandlisa
07-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Since your FMIL has problems with clasps...look at James Avery!

Thanks for the tip! I definitely will!