PDA

View Full Version : Question about cancelling wedding


EllaDisney
07-28-2007, 05:15 PM
We have Sea Breeze Point reserved November 12, 2007 at 2:30. Today, 3 montha and 15 days before the wedding my fiance tells me that we will not be able to afford the honeymoon. This means that we can't have a wedding at Disney because we can't stay the 4 night 5 day minimum. So....all we have paid for so far is the hotel rooms, that we can get the money back for, and our $500.00 deposit.

Has anyone ever postponed their wedding without losing their deposit? I'm pretty sure we're going to lose it and I'll never have the wedding of my dreams. I'm pretty torn up about it.


Bianca

EllaDisney
07-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Bumping it up

hmgolden
07-28-2007, 09:48 PM
I believe there have been brides who have postponed their wedding without loosing the deposit. I think in that case though, they had a new date already in mind, I'm not clear if you guys have a new date in mind or just want to postpone indefinetly?

Good luck, and I hope you get the wedding of your dreams!

bumbershoot
07-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Well, although I was not a Disney bride, I was a bride who had to cancel/postpone her wedding. For a year. While we worked on our relationship; a bit more drastic than your situation, lucky you! :)

Ours was a "destination" wedding of sorts, and was held at a place with many locations but one central company. And they were very kind...they held our deposit over until we figured things out (it was going to be a pure cancellation, but before we had the chance to call, we realized we wanted to work things out rather than break up). But if we'd simply cancelled, they would have kept it.

It was the same with all the vendors, actually.

Disney might be different; they might work with SO many couples that it's not possible to give leeway like that. Then again, they might.

So if you are willing to postpone, knowing exactly how much you need to save and having a PLAN to save it by x date, then I would suggest trying to postpone it to that date (figure it out BEFORE you call, with, of course, some extra dates in there just in case they are booked). But if you have no interest in postponing, if it's in your contract that they will keep the deposit, I bet they will do just that.

Third option...get married in another special place, and when you can, have a renewal with all the dream of a lifetime stuff included, when you can afford it.

catwub
07-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Yes, in May I had to send the heartbreaking email that we were not able to do our August wedding. I was very sick, and still not totally well. We are doing the wedding next spring, but at that time we had no date in mind. We were refunded our whole $500 deposit. Now, this surprised me as the contract says it is non-refundable, but Jennifer O'Leary was my planner at the time and she was wonderful!!!! I wish you the best of luck and don't let this bring you down.....Disney isn't going anywhere and you can definitlely look forward to planning a trip for your first anniversary!!! I was very bummed at first, but I am excited again, even though it is a long way away:-)



Cat

surfinggoofy
07-29-2007, 02:52 PM
I am sorry your fiance can not figure something out to make the most special day of your life not come true; because he can't pay for the honeymoon..
Could you stay off site?? I am sure you could work it out; you have three months... Good luck