PDA

View Full Version : Tanis as your planner - any problems?

FranP
07-28-2007, 02:55 PM
My DD is having her 10th anniversary vow renewal this November at Sea Breeze Point - Tanis is her planner and with the exception of ber initial phone call to tell DD she was emailing the planning packet, there has been no contact from her. DD left her a message a while ago to ask for her help planing a dinner reservation for the group in Epcot, but she never even returned the call, and I just called group dining myself and made the reservation. Last week, DD faxed her the planning packet and a request that their website be updated to include all the activities planned, and there has been no phone call or email acknowledging or questioning anythiing and the website has not been updated.

Anybody have similar problems? I have seen some posts saying that Tanis always returned their emails and phone calls in 3-4 days - DD is a little upset. She thinks that perhaps since her event in a vow renewal and not a wedding, the same amount of attention is not being given? She is paying the same amount of money so she should get the same amount of attention - and she is not bothering Tanis at all with frequent questions and phone calls/emails. What does everyone think???

Thanks, girls!!!

TinkerFairy
07-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Tanis is my planner as well, and I think she may just be really busy at the moment.

I sent her a email last week with our new address since we just bought a house and she got right back to me, and told me she'd be in touch as soon as she recieved my planning kit back, and that was sent first class over a week ago.

Maggimus
07-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Tanis was my WC and she was great. I know that these coordinators dont have just one or two brides-- but quite a few. She always suggested that I get all my questions in line, right them on a page so that when we were able to talk we had the most productive conversations as possible. Planners do get busy though-- some go out of town for vacations, visit family, work weddings, etc. Maybe try and have your daughter email her and leave a message expressing her concern and have her call her back. I hope things work out and your DD gets to feeling comfortable with the situation.

FranP
07-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Thansks for your replies - DD knows that there are a lot more brides and recognizes that her vow renewal is 3 months away so it might not be as important to work on her kit than on others - all she would like is a brief reply to say she received it and will be contacting her soon. DD is the queen of busy and is also the mother of a 2 year old and is expecting a second - so she absolutely understands busy - but thinks that acknowledging something that is sent should also be a priority. I think she plans to call Tanis on Monday or send her an email so we'll see.

Sparkles9306
07-28-2007, 07:36 PM
I just spoke to Tanis this week and she has been very busy. She is going away on vacation starting August 2nd, so she may trying to get everything in order before she goes away.

I would have your DD try to call her. She may be more responsive if she needs immediate help.

Summer-Caitlin
07-29-2007, 03:58 AM
Tanis is my WC and she has been very quick in replying to my emails. I think as I am 3 weeks out though she is likely responding much quicker than normal. I have been one of those brides with loads of questions and because of the time difference I prefer to email.
As Sparkles9306 said she is going on vacation from Aug 2nd to Aug 15th so she will likely go through all queries before she leaves. I have found Tanis to be on top of everything even if sometimes she has taken a little longer than normal to respond when I was a few months out.
Hope it all works out for your DD:pixiedust:

gillian1926
07-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Tanis is also my coordinator. I am gettingmarried in about three weeks and she has been right on top of things. Sometimes when she is busy with other weddings it may take her a few days to get to you. Email her and call her, she will get back to you. I talked to her twice on Friday so I know she will call you back. Hopefully she will get back to you before her vacation! Good luck.

Ticky Toria 78
07-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Tanis co-ordinated our wedding day, we had liaised with Karen Serrette in the planning. Tanis was really excellent, and organised the day perfectly for us. She called me the day before the wedding, and early afternoon of the wedding to check everything/finalise details. She made our day seamless, and she is such a lovely lady too.

Emwit27
07-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Tanis is also my coordinator. She has been nothing but wonderful. I think that she is just very busy right now, as she goes on vacation later this week. I am 100% positive she will get back to you and you will be pleased. She is great!

FranP
08-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Sorry I alnost forgot to reply - Tanis did contact my DD by email the day before she left on vacation. The wedding website has been updated as she requested and they set up a date for a telephone conference when Tanis returns - so DD can breathe a little easier. BTW, the email was sent at 6:49 AM - what time does that poor girl get to work??????????:scared1: