PDA

View Full Version : Laura's Planning Journal! September 1st, 2008 WP/Ariels *Finally updated!! 01/02/08*

zetalove08
07-27-2007, 04:49 PM
delete

zetalove08
07-27-2007, 05:26 PM
delete

zetalove08
07-27-2007, 05:36 PM
delete

mla1977
07-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Ha! I'm first. Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding! I really like that invitation that you found. I would probably ask my BFF to help me make something like that because she is so creative. I can't wait to hear more!

orangetiggs
07-27-2007, 06:09 PM
I fly over on the on the 28th aug so will be there for your wedding, we are looking at sep 2nd!!

mo1973
07-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Congrats and happy planning! My DH went to UWF also for Psychology! He graduated in 1991 and did post grad work there until 1993. That's where I met him- I attended for a year. We went back not too long ago and cannot believe how much it has changed. But still one of the most beautiful college campuses anywhere I think.

I love the Cinderella blue color- absolutely stunning. Looking forward to hearing more!

disneydreams81
07-30-2007, 06:27 PM
i love your invites where did you find them?? i have been scanning the web for days and have found nothing like that?

zetalove08
07-31-2007, 08:44 AM
Sorry that I've been MIA everybody! I'm working on a final project for one of my summer classes (the instructions alone are 36 pages long! :scared1: ) and I have to finish it today, but I promise I'll be back soon... if I don't go crazy from this first!

DisneyFairy19
07-31-2007, 08:48 AM
We have the same Flower GIrl Dress.... I am having it in white. Are you planning to keep it in the blue?

zetalove08
08-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks for all the kind words everybody! I finally finished my final project so I should be able to post my dress pictures in a minute! :cool1:

I don't know how to do multiple quotes but here goes...

mla1977- Thanks for the congrats! Yeah I am glad I have my friend to do the invitations because there is no way I'd be able to make those invitations myself. I'm not too good at crafty things like that, especially under pressure! :rotfl:

orangetiggs- That's so cool you'll be there during my wedding (assuming I get my date! ). Maybe we could meet up for a snack in the parks one day!

mo1973- That's so cool that y'all went to UWF! You know what's funny? I was a UWF phonathon caller (we call alumni) so at one point I probably spoke to you or your husband begging for money for the university! :lmao: It is a beautiful campus though, I love it. We just got a new gym and it's awesome!

disneydreams81- I'm glad you like the invites! Sorry I can't be more help but I honestly have no idea where I found those invites. They aren't ones to buy online or anything, I think I found them in someone's PJ and they handmade them. Maybe that person will stumble on this thread eventually!

DisneyFairy19- I'd like to keep the dress in blue I think, it looks so Cinderella like! I bet white would be GORGEOUS though! You'll have to post pictures of it in white. Have you ordered yours yet? I'm hoping they have a size small enough for my flower girl, she'll only be around 3 years old.

I'm going to try and get started on my next update now!

zetalove08
08-03-2007, 10:15 AM
delete

Dreamer24
08-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Great planning so far!

Mind if I ask what the "lottery" thing you mentioned about getting the date you want is?

zetalove08
08-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Great planning so far!

Mind if I ask what the "lottery" thing you mentioned about getting the date you want is?

Thanks for the post!

The lottery is what happens when more than one couple is pencilled in for a date. Basically exactly at a year out they will put the couples pencilled in into a random lottery drawing to decide who gets the date/time. Hope this helps! I'm still a little confused by it all. :confused3

Summer-Caitlin
08-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I love dress 3, I think it's really flattering on you and the skirt detail is so pretty. I normally love pick up skirts but dress 3 really is beautiful. I do love dress 1 too, but compared to dress 3 I can see what you mean about it making you look wider than you actually are. I can see you have a great figure but dress 1 doesn't show it off.

BTW, I am right in saying that you are getting married next year aren't you? It says in the title Aug 31st 2007, you had me really confused for a sec;)

Dreamer24
08-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the post!

The lottery is what happens when more than one couple is pencilled in for a date. Basically exactly at a year out they will put the couples pencilled in into a random lottery drawing to decide who gets the date/time. Hope this helps! I'm still a little confused by it all. :confused3

Huh, that's so odd. I thought that you couldn't be pencilled in until exactly the year out date. I just assumed that meant that the first person calling on that day to request that time got pencilled in and anyone after that got told somebody already chose it! So does this mean you can get pencilled in before that? And also, how long before you find out if you don't get it? I'd want to know immediately so I could choose my next preferred date on the spot rather than wait a month or so and have the next choice be booked too!

Glorydaz
08-03-2007, 02:10 PM
oh my gosh, dress #3 is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! truly, you like like a fairytale princess: and that is no lie!! the only thing I'd be worried about (possibly) is how hot it will be.. quite a few of the brides on here talked about how hot their legs where on their wedding days but fans and stuff helped with that issue...

anyway, you look great in them all but #3 is just stunning....:cheer2:

Michelle :cloud9:

TimeforMe
08-03-2007, 02:41 PM
I love #3 and #5 as well. I actually liked all of your choices, but think those 2 were the most flattering.

PrincessBride07
08-03-2007, 02:47 PM
My vote would be for Dress #3. I like that it has the tulle, but isn't over done. Also, don't know if this means anything to you, but dress #5 is the most popular style at DB's.

Love your PJ so far. Can't wait to read more.

sunsh1ne
08-03-2007, 04:43 PM
dress 3 i think that it is so flattering and it is unique i have not seen it before. it flatters you!! good luck

disneydreams81
08-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Oh my gosh! there all BEAUTIFUL and you LOOK amazing in them all you are a natural bride. I love the last one the best.

shasess
08-03-2007, 05:04 PM
I really like dress #3!!! You look very pretty!!!

PirateKitty
08-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Wow, so many choices and you look great in all of them! I think #6 looks the best. Its very flattering. :)

yearbook50
08-03-2007, 05:47 PM
I love dress 6!

Ticky Toria 78
08-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Dress number 3 is gorgeous, your plans look to coming along nicely! I love your invites and bags for the guests. Congratulations and enjoy!

janine
08-03-2007, 07:31 PM
I liked number 1 then I scrolled down and thought number 6 was just stunning.

Belle83007
08-03-2007, 10:30 PM
dress #6 def!!!!!:goodvibes you will look beauitful in any of them but 6 stood out IMO!!!!

KStarfish82
08-03-2007, 10:43 PM
I love dress #6!!!

zetalove08
08-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Thank you everyone for your input!!! Everyone's kind words have made my day.:cloud9:

I have a question for anyone! Do you know if you can do a site visit before you have your date reserved and how you go about setting this up? I'm going to Disney Aug.18-22 (so excited!!!) and I was thinking I could squeeze in a visit maybe? Has anyone done this before?

I hope everyone's enjoying their weekend! :goodvibes

Raspberry Bubbles
08-04-2007, 11:31 AM
I love the beading on dress one and the skirt on dress 6 - you looked sooo pretty! :) FYI, I never thought I was get the "one" feeling - but I did!

mmmsarah3
08-04-2007, 03:57 PM
You look gorgeous in all the dresses! Dress #6 is my dress!!!!!!!
Even though I have attachment to #6 ;) I think that I like # 3 the best on you.

LuluLovesDisney
08-04-2007, 04:23 PM
#6 is my favorite!!!

#3 is my second favorite!

You look beautiful!

honeybee5517
08-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Can they not alter dress 6 to have a skirt with more poof? Don't settle for something you're not totally in love with. You're paying for it...

Other than that, I can say that wedding dresses suit you! You may have felt wide in the first dress, but you don't look anything but skinny in the pics.

Gillian
08-04-2007, 07:19 PM
The neckline on #5 is very flattering! I know strapless gowns are very popular now, but I think you look better in something not straight across the top. If you keep looking, you'll find something you love!

I hope you get the date you want.

LuluLovesDisney
08-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Just wanted to add that many bridal shops will add cap sleeves to any gown for a small fee.

Bouncy bounce
08-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Do you know who the designer of the bridemaids dress is??? our wedding is around yours 8/28/2008

zetalove08
08-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Do you know who the designer of the bridemaids dress is??? our wedding is around yours 8/28/2008

I think it's Mori Lee??? I'm not positive though, I don't have my planner with me at work, I'll check when I get home and if it's not I'll let you know.

Hope that helps! :goodvibes

orangetiggs
08-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Not sure if I have said before but I'm going to be in WDW for your wedding!! We fly out on the 28th aug !

Bouncy bounce
08-08-2007, 01:11 PM
I think it's Mori Lee??? I'm not positive though, I don't have my planner with me at work, I'll check when I get home and if it's not I'll let you know.

Hope that helps! :goodvibes

Thank you so much. That does help. It such a beautiful dress.

JonetteA
08-08-2007, 09:28 PM
I love all of the dresses, I don't know how you are going to pick just one!

Lisacope
08-09-2007, 03:37 PM
to get the graphic of the castle with the shooting star from the lady that is making your invitations? I would love to make invitations and I just love how yours look!

zetalove08
08-09-2007, 05:07 PM
to get the graphic of the castle with the shooting star from the lady that is making your invitations? I would love to make invitations and I just love how yours look!

I actually just found the graphic on this web-site in somebody else's PJ and just right clicked and saved as. I am going to email the graphic to my friend who's making them and see if she can work with it. So you should just be able to save the graphic in my PJ and be all set... I hope this helps!!! :goodvibes

zetalove08
08-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Actually I may not have posted it in here- just the actual invitation. Sorry about that!! Here it is!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/zetalove08/Wedding%20Planning/castle3sg8.jpg

Lisacope
08-09-2007, 08:14 PM
I went to a paper store today and found a couple of ideas - there are these things called Envelopments that are kind of cool - I bet I could use them to make the invitations.

Thanks for the graphic!

figmentfan814
08-09-2007, 10:01 PM
First I wanted to say that I am enjoying everything so far. I have been buying a lot of stuff from Oriental Trading too, so I love seeing all the different options you posted.

I understand your dilemma on the sleeves. I was originally going to get capped sleeves, but I ended up with a tank top like sleeve.

Did anyone ever answer your question about the site visit before your date? Yes, you can arrange this through your sales manager. If you don't have one yet, I'm pretty sure you can just can DFTW directly and they'll schedule it for you.

Vayleen
08-12-2007, 09:37 PM
any more plans?

DEFINITELY subscribing

dress 6 gets my vote!

zetalove08
08-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Sorry I haven't been on here much guys! I really haven't done much planning- I've been honestly trying not to think about it too much at least until after I get my date because it was starting to rule my life! lol, but now it's closer to when I'll find out if I get my date so keep your fingers crossed for me! Mostly right now I'm just excited about going to Disney in 4 days!!!

Lisacope- No problem! Somebody else sent me that graphic as well so thank you to them! ;) Good luck with the envelopments- sounds really cool!

figmentfan814- I've looked at the tank-top style dress and I think it's really pretty, do you have any pics of you in it? I ended up deciding not to do a site visit... because I don't want to leave the parks lol. When I go to Disney I am at the parks from open until close.

Vayleen- thanks for subscribing!! Sorry I haven't made anymore plans yet. I'll get on that soon, I promise! :rolleyes1

figmentfan814
08-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Here is the picture of the top of the dress:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x62/vcf81/Dress/Wedding006.jpg

When we went to Disney in May it was so hard because we were there for 3 days and didn't go to any of the parks... we dedicated the entire trip to wedding planning. I thought my dad was going to go crazy not being able to visit the parks :rotfl:

zetalove08
08-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Here is the picture of the top of the dress:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x62/vcf81/Dress/Wedding006.jpg

When we went to Disney in May it was so hard because we were there for 3 days and didn't go to any of the parks... we dedicated the entire trip to wedding planning. I thought my dad was going to go crazy not being able to visit the parks :rotfl:

You look gorgeous in that dress! I love the beading.:goodvibes

I might have to dedicate an entire trip to wedding planning in the future... sounds kind of depressing though lol.

Tink21
08-17-2007, 11:37 AM
I would love to know where you got the Girls Weekend graphic! I would love to use it for my T-shirts that my sister (MOH) is making for my Bachelorette Party.

zetalove08
10-04-2007, 01:08 PM
I would love to know where you got the Girls Weekend graphic! I would love to use it for my T-shirts that my sister (MOH) is making for my Bachelorette Party.

Sorry for the delay in my response!!! I haven't been on here in so long because I've been so busy with classes and work this semester. I found the graphic on the DISigns forum. You should just be able to right click it in my PJ and save it to your computer though. Hope that helps!!! :goodvibes

Lizby
10-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Love the dresses! My favorite on you is #6, although #3 would be my second choice. You're getting married on my 25th birthday! :cool1:

zetalove08
01-03-2008, 02:41 AM
delete

orangetiggs
01-03-2008, 03:19 AM
All looks good!! Your are getting marreid the day before me!!! We are thinking of changing from ariels though as DF and I are unsure on the fish since our colours are silver and pink!

I thought there was two cameras at the WP for the ceremony or is that just for disney to use??

hope1826
01-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Your dress is BEAUTIFUL!! It was one of the first I tried on.

oneyodafan
01-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Your dress is beautiful!!!

zetalove08
01-03-2008, 12:46 PM
orangetiggs- That's so cool our weddings are so close! Silver and pink sounds so pretty... I think it could work at Ariels, but if you don't like it I think you should find something you love! ;) Has your planner offered any suggestions? Oh and the WP has two cameras but we aren't using Disney videography or photography so it's separate from that. So how's your planning going??

hope1826- Thank you! I love it! I can't wait to actually try it on in my size. Do you know what the designer is? Is that pathetic I don't even know lol?

oneyodafan- Thanks!!! :goodvibes It was the first one I tried on at that store and I just wasn't sold on any other dress and kept coming back to it. I'm so glad I decided to stick with it.

caryndisneydiva
01-03-2008, 12:54 PM
that little flower girl dress is great, i hope you get to use it! i love your dress, i was just looking at a similar one in a brides magazine!

figmentfan814
01-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Glad to hear that you decided to get a video; I know it was something that you were struggling with, but just think it will be great to relive those memories on the screen :happytv:

The planning session is so much fun, I know I couldn't wait for mine. Yours is the week after our wedding, but we will have left Disney for Hawaii at that point.

sunsh1ne
01-03-2008, 02:03 PM
hello there
everything looks great!!
i Had a "moment to remember" and i loved how it turned out. i also had the Bronze package. i think that is the 899 i alsop for 50 dollars added the raw footage which is unedited but has alot of stuff on there that is funny. anyway.
i loved dealing with them they were my favorite vendor to deal with and the video man was so sweet (when i saw him) he stays out of your way to be honest everyone saud that they had no idea i had a video man at all. i highlt recomend them. there edited video is so great they do little updates to the music and all and you get to pick your own music. about not having the two people videos at the ceremony i didnt miss it at all. i have to say i would have liked it at the reception but it still came out awesome.

let us know who you choose and if you need anymore comments on them feel free to pm me. i can also send you photos from the video if that helps

happy planning

hope1826
01-03-2008, 02:11 PM
orangetiggs-

hope1826- Thank you! I love it! I can't wait to actually try it on in my size. Do you know what the designer is? Is that pathetic I don't even know lol?

:sad2:
I'm honestly not sure. They weren't supposed to tell me and I tried on so many dresses that day. There were two other ones that I tried on that looked very similar. And the lady whispered that it was by Signature, but I can't remember which of the three she whispered that for. You already bought it, right? They should be able to tell you now.

Keira1387
01-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi Laura,
I love the dress that you picked! It is very flattering on you! I can't wait to hear all of your details!

helloirishkitty
01-03-2008, 09:54 PM
I love your dress!

monana
01-03-2008, 10:26 PM
your dress is so beautiful! you totally look like a princess. my DF and I are planning to having our wedding in sept 08 too. good luck with all your planning.

zetalove08
01-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Caryn- I hope I get to use the flowergirl dress too. ;) Thanks for the compliment on my dress! I am so anxious for it to arrive in my size so I can try it on and it actually come close to fitting! lol

figmentfan- I am glad we decided on a video too... now I just have to decide exactly who we're going to get video from! haha... Have fun in Hawaii!! That sounds amazing!

sunsh1ne- Thank you SO much for all the great info on A Moment 2 Remember... that helped me a lot. I am probably about 95% sure I am going to go with them but I am still going to look into some other options. Your video sounds great, I wish I could see it! :goodvibes They don't do any type of web-hosting or anything do they?

hope1826- Yes I bought it so I guess I can just ask lol... I guess I had a brain lapse and that didn't even occur to me... haha. I was going to stop in with my BM's when they actually place their orders so I can ask then and maybe try it on again lol.

Keira- Thank you so much! I agree, it's flattering which is one reason I LOVE it!

IrishKitty- Thanks!!! And thanks for reading my PJ! I know I don't update it that much so it's kind of boring lol, sorry. ;)

Monana- Thank you! The ladies at the store all call it the princess dress when I come in, that or the "Disney Dress" since they know I'm getting married there. Maybe we'll see you at Disney if you do decide for a Sept.2008 wedding! Happy planning to you as well! :)

One thing I forgot to update earlier... me and DF got our wedding rings! I love them... so we'll be working on paying those off before the wedding on my new zales card lol. I will post pics soon when I remember to take a picture of them!

Hope everyone's having a great day!