PDA

View Full Version : White Teeth

Emwit27
07-27-2007, 12:07 PM
I know there have been a couple of other posts about teeth whitening in the past, but I thought I would bring it back up. A few weeks ago I tried the Go Smile system from Sephora. They are these little capsules with gel that you have to squeeze on your teeth twice a day for 10 days. I had heard that they work great so I happily spent the $90.

I dunno...maybe I was expecting too much. My teeth are definately whiter, but they aren't quite white enough. I still have some stains (gross, sorry!) and I would like to get rid of them. I am thinking white strips. Does anyone have a brand they prefer? Any other ideas/advice. What worked for you?

jasonandlisa
07-27-2007, 12:28 PM
I've used Crest whitestrips a couple of times, and I've always been happy with the results. I'm not a smoker or coffee drinker, though, so I can't say how they work on "serious" stains. I'm planning to do the "advanced" or "platinum" or whatever-they're-calling-them whitestrips about a week or so before the wedding.

PrettyInTink
07-27-2007, 01:11 PM
GoSmile works wonders for me, but my mom tried them and they did nothing for her smoke stains. I don't smoke, but drink tea a lot and it made my smile 10times whiter. Just a thought. Have you considered Zoom whitening in your dentist office?:confused3

disprincessatheart
07-27-2007, 01:33 PM
I did the trays with gel from my dentist. For $150 I got the mold made and about a 1 month supply of the gel. I never even finished the gel before I was happy with the level of white. This year I went back and got another supply of gel (it does expire eventually) and it was $20 for just that. Not too expensive for really good professional whitening. I know you've already spent a good amount of $$, but it might be worth doing the pro route to get the results you want.

Disney71
07-27-2007, 03:33 PM
I personally have been very happy with the Aquafresh whitening trays. They are available at most drugstores and online - they retail for about $30. Before my brothers wedding (this past April) I had asked my dentist about professional whitening - and he actually recommended the Aquafresh system (even though he did not sell it). He said he has seen great results on many of his patients and it is gentler on the enamel then the professional products. He did tell me I could use 2 packs back to back (which I did do)without worry and see even better results. I have to say I was quite pleased with the results. I am planning on doing this again this September for my wedding. There are so many options out there - good luck with your choice!

PrincessJewel
07-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Another trick that helps is if you can schedule one of your bi-annual cleaning visits at the dentist right before you whiten that helps get the first layer off to start whitening deeper right away. Also for whitening maintence I love using whitening toothpaste and whitening listerine twice a day.

Dremwvr
07-27-2007, 05:14 PM
I have been using the rembrandt professional kit whitening trays and am quite happy with their outcome. I am combining the rembrandt with brushing with crest extra whitening toothpaste.