PDA

View Full Version : Table names?

Pomlover2586
07-26-2007, 04:52 PM
DF and I are having a smaller wedding [75 guests max] and we want to do a setaing arrangement for the reception. Our Theme is a little different then most......it's Disney based but for the reception were focusing more on the castle. So were going to have a castle cake topper, goblets, server set, confetti, etc. My question for all of you creative ladies is can you help me come up with cute names for the tables based upon this theme? Were going to have about 10-12 tables. Our reception will not be including anything cinderella so prince charming, cinderella, gus gus, etc are not going to work for us! Thanks!:goodvibes

marywdw
07-26-2007, 05:23 PM
That's a toughie!! :headache:
How about if instead of the name you had a picture of a different castle at each table? For ex., you might have Cinderella Castle on one table, Sleeping Beauty Castle (Disneyland) on another - there are parks in Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Paris too - all have castles....maybe you could include those?? :confused3
I'm really not sure, but I'll keep thinking!:goodvibes

marywdw
07-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Sorry, just saw that you are having 10-12 tables....I guess that might not work too well......:scratchin
Hopefully someone will come up with something that works for you!!!

Pomlover2586
07-26-2007, 05:34 PM
I was thinking of naming each of the tables after parts of the castle......so for example drawbridge, turret, dungeon, moat, tower etc......what do you all think? And how would I make this cute? Dunno if I want just the name over table......thanks! Keep the ideas comming!:goodvibes

Luvndisney
07-26-2007, 05:35 PM
i say use castles but maybe also incorporate famous castles from around the world. there are the catles that the disney ones are based on.

you can find 12 famous castles and maybe a little story about the castle on the back.

Or you can use cinderella's castle as the image and then place a name for each table that has significance to you both.

or take cinderella's castle and get images of it during different seasons and time of day to make 12 and just use numbers.

HTH

Pomlover2586
07-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Ok so here are two ideas we came up with;

having a picture of the castle with a name of an item representing disney movies such as castle: glass slipper castle : rose etc

or

having a picture of the castle with a term from disneyland so castle: Blue Bayou castle: main street etc..........what do you all think of these ideas? And more importantly which of these will keep to our castle theme WITHOUT making people think of "prince /princess" "cinderella" etc Thanks!:goodvibes

myprincessgirlisa
07-26-2007, 08:48 PM
I really like the "other" castles & little background on them...thats really neat

heres another idea.....you could do the rooms/gorunds of the castle, like

ballroom
fountain
garden
kings sleeping quarters (not sure if it has a special name)
stables
library
tower
drawbridge
courtyard
dining room
grand staircase
balcony

what do you think of that...all castle!;)

Pomlover2586
07-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Wow! What an awesome idea! I hadn't thought of that one! Definetly will keep it in mind! Keep them comming girls I love these ideas!:goodvibes

KC's Princess
07-27-2007, 12:47 AM
The famous castle idea was the first thing that came to my mind too- I think that would be really neat!

Some that I think would be pretty...

1. Versailles
2. Neuschwanstein (Sleeping Beauty Castle based on this one)
3. Kremlin
4. Windsor Castle
5. Chambord Castle

There are a ton of beautiful castles to use, I'm sure you'll find ones you love!

DVCGirl49
07-27-2007, 02:33 AM
You could probably squeeze 10-15 Disney castles if you used the castles from all the parks and added castles from other famous Diseny movies. I'm thinking that there was one in Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Alice In Wonderland, Beauty & the Beast, etc. Just another idea!