PDA

View Full Version : PJ: >5/20/08 SBP/Turf Club< We leave TOMORROW!

Vayleen
07-25-2007, 08:20 PM
I started one of these a few weeks ago but it was so messy and unorganized I am starting over! Being anal retentive about details is terrible sometimes! I have a lot typed up in Word, so be prepared for long update.

About Us
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/vt.jpg
We actually met at Disney World. We were both CPís (College Program) in the Fall of 2005. He lived in the apartment building next to mine. One of my roommates and I went walking around the complex introducing ourselves, as we knew no one. DF and his roommates were standing outside their apartment greeting people as they walked by. At first, I only spent a little bit of time over at DF's apartment, but then I started to spend multiple days over there. Everyone teased me and would ask where my boyfriend was when I was not with him. After a while of the jokes, we decided we might as well be a couple. We found it funny that we both were from Virginia, 2 hours away from each other, and met each other in Florida. We finished up our CP and went back to Virginia and started driving back and forth to see each other when we could.

We had been together for a little over a year when we decided to start looking at engagement rings. Being the brat that I am, I wanted a big, emerald cut ring, which come to found out are ridiculously expensive! We looked at a few other rings and fell in love with the one that DF eventually picked out, which was on the list of my favorites. We got engaged December 20, 2006. We were going to go get pictures taken for Christmas presents (late, I know!) and we stopped by The Depot Grill in Staunton, VA for lunch. I had been texting one of my friends all afternoon and somewhat through lunch. After DF paid the bill I started to get up to leave. He told me to sit back down so he could finish his tea and said to text someone. The restaurant was playing some jazz music and I was being silly and closing my eyes and swaying to the music. When I opened my eyes after a minute or so, he had the ring open and asked me to marry him! I said yes, cried, and texted away. He said he really didnít have a plan to ask me to marry him but I gave him a good opportunity! Haha! We stopped in at his parentís house for dinner and I had a box from the freezer that I was taking upstairs and his mom stopped me in the hallway. Instead of telling her that we were engaged I held he box so that my hand and ring were right there for her to see. DF and I looked at each other after a minute and started laughing. His mom asked what was so funny and I sort of shoved my hand in her face.

mmmsarah3
07-25-2007, 08:42 PM
I have been waiting for this, I must have missed your old one. You have such a cute engagement story. You sound look so cute together! Its exciting that our weddings are so close! I am sure we will bump into eachother at least once! Or maybe i'll go crash your wedding! :woohoo:

Where will you be staying when you are there?

Bring on some more details and pictures!! I love reading planning journals and trip reports!

Vayleen
07-25-2007, 09:04 PM
I have been waiting for this, I must have missed your old one. You have such a cute engagement story. You sound look so cute together! Its exciting that our weddings are so close! I am sure we will bump into eachother at least once! Or maybe i'll go crash your wedding! :woohoo:

Where will you be staying when you are there?

Bring on some more details and pictures!! I love reading planning journals and trip reports!

You crash mine, I'll crash yours! ;)
We are going down to Florida the Saturday before, the 17th I believe. So we will be running around all over. We need to book rooms for ourselves and our bridal party for Saturday night. My parents are DVC members so my mom got me and my BMs rooms for Sunday and Monday night at Saratoga Springs. Then Trav and I are going to check into the Poly on Tuesday. I'm so pumped!

I'm revising and editing my Word document for more deets. :crazy2: (There's no smilie with a big L on the forehead for loser, so crazy it is!) I'll probably post tomorrow... or tonight if I get bored enough and procrastinate about doing something.

myprincessgirlisa
07-26-2007, 11:51 AM
its alright that you didnt like your 1st pj....im glad your still going to do this one!!!

its funny how people are blind to some things...like big sparkly rocks on your hand:lmao:

ok.....we want to see more...so keep it going!!!!:goodvibes

Vayleen
07-26-2007, 09:01 PM
its funny how people are blind to some things...like big sparkly rocks on your hand:lmao:

Yeah, my FMIL is a little oblivious to things sometimes. I love her though, she's great.

Vayleen
07-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Rings:

His
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/Rings002.jpg

Hers

Engagement
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/DCMay2012.jpg

Wedding Band
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/DCMay2007.jpg

Hers Together
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/DCMay2011.jpg

Ours Together
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/Rings001.jpg

hmgolden
07-27-2007, 08:33 AM
I love your engagement ring! And your engagement story is too cute. I can't wait to hear more of your plans.

JaxTeach
07-27-2007, 09:14 AM
I love your rings! I love how your wedding ring fits the engagement ring. I had a hard time finding my wedding ring to go with my e-ring.

I love your engagement story! It seems a lot of couples stay together after their CP. DF was a CP Fall 03... luckily I was able to keep him and lure him away from the Mouse afterwards! :laughing:

Congratulations and best of luck! Looking forward to more of your PJ!

Vayleen
08-02-2007, 09:57 AM
I love your rings! I love how your wedding ring fits the engagement ring. I had a hard time finding my wedding ring to go with my e-ring.

I love your engagement story! It seems a lot of couples stay together after their CP. DF was a CP Fall 03... luckily I was able to keep him and lure him away from the Mouse afterwards! :laughing:

Congratulations and best of luck! Looking forward to more of your PJ!

:laughing: :laughing: We were pretty lucky to have met and found out that we really only lived about 1.5 hours away from each other.

I was SO worried that I wouldn't be able to find a ring to fit. I was so prepared to look for a new e-ring! We talked to our jeweler and he said he may have an idea.. so he called his people and then he called back and said "We cannot wait for you to get here to look at this." (I had my e-ring in to have a stone tightened) When we got there I was SO excited the ring fit PERFECTLY.

Thanks so much for the compliments. :) :)

Vayleen
08-02-2007, 09:58 AM
I love your engagement ring! And your engagement story is too cute. I can't wait to hear more of your plans.

Thank you! More plans are coming soon! :wizard:

Vayleen
08-02-2007, 10:03 AM
I think we had an understanding that if we were to get married we would get married at Disney since that’s where we met and we both enjoy Disney so much. I, at first, wanted to have a huge Wishes wedding. Our families are so spread out (I’ve got family in Ohio and South Carolina. DF has family in Pennsylvania and Virginia) that we knew not all of our family would be able to attend a destination wedding. We decided that we would just have close family down for the wedding then come back and have a big reception so that anybody and everybody we wanted could be there.

I knew that I wouldn’t be able to call until a year from when we wanted to get married. We had been back and forth about dates. I wanted February something, he wanted March something, April was out because it is Spring Break and Disney is h-e-l-l at that time, and I didn’t want to wait until May. Well I got grief from his mom because his sister goes to school at USC and therefore probably would not be able to make it before May. Then February apparently had too many birthdays. I bent and settled on May. I said that it was not going to change no matter what. I probably should have stood my ground and go for what I wanted. LOL, oh well.

Of course May 20th ended up being on a Sunday this year, and of course the DFTW offices are closed on the weekends. I was up at 8am and had the number dialing that Monday. Okay I lied, 9am, I didn’t think I would really have an issue with getting a Tuesday 10am wedding date. I spoke with Brie and she said that the day was available and that she would hold the day until Thursday, in which I needed to make the minimum 4 night hotel reservations. I called DF and told him to get us a room for 4 nights. I had never stayed at the Poly so I told him to do that. He was game. He had stayed there when he went on a Disney cruise so he was eager to do so. His wonderful father was kind enough to make those reservations and pay for it. I called Brie back that Wednesday and she said she would have a contract e-mailed to me that night or Thursday morning. I checked my e-mail that night and (WOOO-HOO!!!!) the contract was there. I immediately printed it out but DF did not want to sign his name away at that time. Finally he signed it and Monday mom and I Fed-Exed it to Brie. (The options were to send it to a P.O. Box or to the office in Celebration, something that important was going Fed-Ex and to a real live person, lol). A couple days later Brie called to let me know that she had received it and that she would get it finalized and back to me.

Well time had gone by and about June 11th I came home from work and my mom had “a story” for me. I thought, Oh geez what the heck’s going on. I posted a thread earlier about the mishap about the contract. To make a long story short (lol, why start now?! This whole thread is a novel), we have a very lazy mail person who pretended to deliver the contract when my mom was home the WHOLE day and had to drive around to the post office to find it.

So, June whatever-day-it-was, I had the official contract and annual pass vouchers in my hands. It’s OFFICIAL. May 20, 2008 I am getting married at the Yacht Club Gazebo! Woooo! I really wish that I had stood my ground and demanded an earlier wedding. Though I know time will fly, I cannot wait until May!

Brie also informed me that once she had received the contract my coordinator would be calling within 2 weeks. I think it was right on the two week mark before Jennifer called, which I missed her call. I got my Wedding Planning kit and printed that sucker out and am desperately wanting to fill out. However, it does not need to be back to them until February 19th. I think I can take my time on that.

We settled on the Yacht Club Gazebo but the more we talked about things, the more we decided that we would like to be married at Sea Breeze Point. I emailed my coordinator (now Kathleen Reynolds) and she said SBP was available! :banana: :cool1: :banana: She made the change so now we're set!!!!!

Vayleen
11-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Recap....

Wedding date: 5.20.08
Wedding time: 10:00 a.m.

Officiant: Rev. Jack Day

Photographer: Randy Chapman

Hair & Make-up: I still have NO idea who to choose.

Reception: It was going to be at the Biergarten but I can't wear my dress there, so no point. I'm thinking Portobello?
__________________________________________________ _________

I have my dress. My sister (matron of honor) has her dress. My other bridesmaid still needs to order her dress. We are planning on doing that next Saturday. I am thinking of having one of my CP roommates as my other bridesmaid.

DF needs to get his groomsmen together to get measured.

I am working on my invites. I have gotten so many great ideas from the girls on here. My plan is to work on them over Thanksgiving and mail them out. I'll have pictures up soon.

caryndisneydiva
11-13-2007, 05:19 PM
i'm so glad you found your pj! we're former cp's as well! we met on my cp in 2002 while working at the boardwalk! you're getting married on my parents anniversary!!! it's their 30th!!!

Vayleen
12-04-2007, 12:23 PM
i'm so glad you found your pj! we're former cp's as well! we met on my cp in 2002 while working at the boardwalk! you're getting married on my parents anniversary!!! it's their 30th!!!

we were living in chatham and he lived in the apartment building next to mine. love that cp. haha

awesome. :-) it's my grandmother's birthday as well.

Vayleen
12-04-2007, 12:43 PM
My shoes. I am IN LOVE with them. My girls will be wearing them as well.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/F05_Marissa.jpg

My bridesmaids' dress:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/color_8567_4646.jpg

My MOH's dress:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/color_8022_2585.jpg

My dress:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/04F_9T8076.jpg

My tiara:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/s07_9674Silver.jpg

My Veil:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/s07_447_psd.jpg

I'll have pictures up probably in a few weeks when I go back to my mom's.

Vayleen
12-04-2007, 12:51 PM
We booked the Garden View for afternoon tea on the 19th for 10 of us. This will be fun. I'm so excited.

We also booked the Yacht Club Galley for lunch after the wedding. I didn't want to have anything too over the top and this sounds good enough.

When we go down in 12 days we will pick up the Bride & Groom ears as well as eat at the Yacht Club Galley to see how we like it. Otherwise, I may be screwed. HA. We're going to do our own, informal "site visit" as well as go shopping for goodies for our Welcome Bags.

PrincessBrideKatie
12-04-2007, 01:05 PM
If you were still having your wedding at the YC Gazebo, I would probably crash it... mine is there 3days later. Oh well, I really like your PJ. DF and I were CPs too, but in 2006.

Congrats on your disney wedding!

Keira1387
12-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Wow, everything sounds great so far!!! I love your shoes, I think I am wearing the same ones for my wedding!Great taste! I am jealous you are going to MVMCP in a couple of weeks. I went last Friday night and I already want to go back. Have a cup of hot cocoa for me. It's AMAZING!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!!

caryndisneydiva
12-04-2007, 10:57 PM
those shoes are fab! i bought them for my first dress, i think i'm going to dye them red to wear after the wedding...since i'm not actually wearing them FOR the wedding...where in va are you from? i went to college in winchester, i saw that you got your rings from shaw's...i used to know the owner of that store...just wondering if it was the same one...

Vayleen
12-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Wow, everything sounds great so far!!! I love your shoes, I think I am wearing the same ones for my wedding!Great taste! I am jealous you are going to MVMCP in a couple of weeks. I went last Friday night and I already want to go back. Have a cup of hot cocoa for me. It's AMAZING!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!!

It's ALMOST time for MVMCP! I am so pumped. I want to turn in our AP vouchers for the day before the party, but my DF wants to "sleep and do nothing". Boo on him. I'm sure once we're down there he will change his mind. I will definitely have some cocoa for you. :santa:

those shoes are fab! i bought them for my first dress, i think i'm going to dye them red to wear after the wedding...since i'm not actually wearing them FOR the wedding...where in va are you from? i went to college in winchester, i saw that you got your rings from shaw's...i used to know the owner of that store...just wondering if it was the same one...

Fredericksburg. About 1.5/2 hours from Winchester.

I am SO excited about my shoes. I put them on every time I am at my mom's! We actually got our rings from the Shaw's in Harrisonburg.

Vayleen
12-14-2007, 01:54 PM
My inivtations are some-what done....

I am trying to decide if I want to add a pocket folder. Or I may just send ou a newsletter with the rest of the information. Ohhhhhh I don't know... Here'e what I have thus far:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/Invites001.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/Invites008.jpg

caryndisneydiva
12-14-2007, 03:40 PM
your invites look fantastic! a big :thumbsup2 for the martha stewart address labels! i also love your sparkley blue paper! i used sparkley cream paper!!! your response card is adorable with the mickey and minnie graphic!

keenercam
12-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Wow! Those are great! Did you make them yourself? They're gorgeous!

lov2b@disney
12-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Your invitations are great! Looking forward to hearing more!!
Have fun at MVMCP!! :)

Vayleen
12-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks!!

I got the ideas for the Martha Labels from the girls on here (thanks!! btw).

I did make them myself. I originally wanted the invitation to be centered but it kept coming out weird so I left and right aligned it.

I got the scalloped invitation card from Target. The labels and smaller scalloped cards from the Paper-Source. The blue mat from Cards and Pockets.

The clipart I found on the creative board. I'm so excited about it. The picture does no justice!
__________________________________________________ ________

I am watching Disney Holiday Magic on the Travel Channel right now and I am getting so pumped for my trip on Sunday. I texted my fiance and told him I wanted to go into the parks on Monday. We're supposed to get a lot of ice/snow tomorrow night into Sunday. It's DISNEY OR BUST, kids!!!

helloirishkitty
12-15-2007, 10:35 AM
I love your invitations.. they're so cute! I loveee sparkly paper :)

Vayleen
01-03-2008, 02:14 AM
Well now that the holidays are over it's downhill from now.
I am so excited!! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

We had a great time at WDW the week before Christmas. We got in on Sunday and met up with one of DF's roommates from the CP and went to the Ale House. Monday we decided to cash in our vouchers for our APs and rode Expedition Everest and saw the new Nemo show. That's ALL the theme park action we had other than the Christmas Party! I was so amazed! Monday night we went to DTD to get some goodies for the welcome bags and our ears. :) Tuesday we ate lunch at the Yacht Club Galley. I wasn't that impressed! We ate dinner at the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs Monday night and we saw they had a patio that we were interested in. We are still hearing back from the manager to see if we can have our reception on the patio there! So yet another change! I had all of my invitations ready to go with a RSVP date... Since we haven't heard from the manager of the Turf Club, I have to buy new card stock to reprint the RSVPs! :headache: Before we ate lunch at the Yacht Club Galley we walked around the Boardwalk to see Sea Breeze Point and kill time. They were setting up for a 12:00pm wedding! Rev. Day was there so we were able to chat with him for a few minutes! I have some pictures on my camera that I will post soon.

My dad is going to get measured for his tux on Friday. DF needs to round up his dad and GM to get measured as well.

I am starting to get the ball moving for our at home reception that we plan on having 6/7/2008. More updates soon!

caryndisneydiva
01-03-2008, 12:11 PM
oh i can't wait to see your pics!

vfinder1
01-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Could you please tell me where you got your MOH dress?? I LOVE this color and the dress!! Thanks :)

Vayleen
01-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Could you please tell me where you got your MOH dress?? I LOVE this color and the dress!! Thanks :)

It was a cheap one! $80! We found it at David's Bridal. The color is Periwinkle.

Vayleen
01-04-2008, 05:23 PM
I reread a few old replies on here... and I totally forgot.. The ONE complaint I had about MVMCP was that the hot cocoa was BOILING. I couldn't even drink it. I know its supposed to be hot but COME ON! Anyways, PICTURE TIME!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/DisneyDecember2007025.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/DisneyDecember2007011.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/DisneyDecember2007017.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/DisneyDecember2007018.jpg

View of the patio at the Turf Club:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/DisneyDecember2007023.jpg

View from the patio:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/DisneyDecember2007024.jpg

Vayleen
01-04-2008, 05:23 PM
I am so excited about stuff. I am SO glad it is 2008. This is my year of a million dreams!

lurkyloo
01-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't know if it's too late for your Save the Dates, but they've changed the name of the Yacht Club Galley to Captain's Grille. So if you stick with that restaurant, you might want people to know about the name change :thumbsup2

Vayleen
01-04-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't know if it's too late for your Save the Dates, but they've changed the name of the Yacht Club Galley to Captain's Grille. So if you stick with that restaurant, you might want people to know about the name change :thumbsup2

We found that out while we were there. We weren't "wowed" by it.

But Monday night we were eating dinner at the Turf Club and DF noticed there was a patio and he said "Let's have it here on the patio." So Tuesday we went ahead and checked out the Galley but changed our minds to having it on the patio at the Turf Club.

Vayleen
01-22-2008, 02:47 AM
I need a day off to really regroup and figure out what else I have to do!

I FINALLY finished my invitations. I will post pictures later on when I have more time. I went to the package store and they said the invites weighed exactly 1 ounce.. I could get away with one 41 cent stamp but I have to go to the post office after work to see if I can get them to weigh them and postmark them so I don't get them back.

I bought a binder to hold all of my wedding stuff. I had a hole punch but of course I could not find it. Off to Target I go so I can get organized.

I went to "After Hours" last week to update some information for DF's groomsmen.... Well apparently Men's Wearhouse bought them out and when they did their change over, they changed the computer systems so our information was no where to be found. OH BOY. So luckily I had all of the information and was able to have the manager put the information back in. DF had put down a deposit and that didn't even show up either. Again, I am glad that I had the receipts to show for that. I'm so glad that our wedding isn't any time sooner, we might have been up the creek. The manager wants us to pick up the tuxes before we leave for Florida. That's sort of out of the way but she ensures that we will have everything we need and we won't have to worry about anything when we get down there. Whatever. I almost want to go somewhere else to get these guys their tuxes but I think it would just be a little easier on everyone (especially me since I am already frazzled!!!!) to just leave it as is.

Another thing that really fueled the fire is that I had this amazing idea to do newsletters and go to Kinko's to get them printed so they would look like real newsletters. Well while I was home this weekend, my mom and I ventured over to Kinko's and told them we wanted the newsletters printed. Big mistake. First the lady told us they would not be ready until the next day. The next lady we talked to said a proof wouldn't be ready until 8pm that night and the rest of the newsletters wouldn't be ready until the next morning. I was planning on heading back home the next morning... So my mom tells them that we needed them before the next day. All of a sudden someone talks to someone and they are going to do them right then... My mom goes to pay for 22 of these newsletters and it's $80!!! I felt like an a-hole having my mom pay $80 for these newsletters. I will never do that again. I'm going to do my next newsletter a home.

I didn't even have a chance to try my dress on like I wanted to. :sad1:

Can anyone tell me how long it took Rosie to get back with you about your flowers? How about special requests for a cake? I feel like I won't know things until last minute even though I have just less than 4 months until the wedding. It's all making me nervous!

Lisacope
01-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Each newsletter was double sided 11X17 paper - (so each one was really like 4 color copies) and for 50 it was $181!!!!!!

I almost choked!!!

Vayleen
01-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Each newsletter was double sided 11X17 paper - (so each one was really like 4 color copies) and for 50 it was $181!!!!!!

I almost choked!!!

Yes, it was absolutely ridiculous. Never again!!

hope1826
01-23-2008, 05:30 AM
Hi Vaylene,

Do you have menus and prices for the Garden View tea party you are having?

Thank you,
Nikki

Vayleen
01-23-2008, 11:53 AM
There is a website called Allears (?) that my mom swears by and it has menus for restaurants. I'm pretty sure the Afternoon Tea is on there.

Vayleen
01-30-2008, 09:34 PM
I finally got some pictures of the newsletters.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/CIMG2232.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/CIMG2233.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/CIMG2235-1.jpg

I was so pleased with how they turned out, I just wish they didn't cost a fortune.

I wasn't sure what flowers I wanted for the wedding. I like roses and all but I think they're used TOO much. I did some searching and found this bouquet..
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/MBQBOPVsmPink08_l.jpg
I LOVE tulips and the lillies looked gorgeous in it, I'm nixing the green mums.
Rosie said there's a 50/50 chance of tulips for my wedding. She said if she was unable to get the tulips she would put in roses... We'll see how that goes.

BethanyMouse
01-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Thanks for posting so far. I really have enjoyed reading your PJ. Love the newsletters. So creative! How often are you sending them out. Cant wait to read more! Congrats to you!

Vayleen
01-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks for posting so far. I really have enjoyed reading your PJ. Love the newsletters. So creative! How often are you sending them out. Cant wait to read more! Congrats to you!

Well, I meant to send them out in December but didn't get to send them out until about a week ago. Ooops!!

I will send another out in April and then one about a week before, just in case there are any more changes.

I am so mad! I made ADRs for DF and I for after our wedding and have NO idea where I put them. I have my binder ready for all of this information but noooooo I have to lose it! I can call Dining and get my confirmation numbers, right?

Lisacope
01-30-2008, 11:59 PM
You just have to remember if you put your ADR's under your reservation number or your telephone number - then they can tell you all of your ADRs

topsy
01-31-2008, 05:37 AM
I LOVE your newsletters! What program did you use to make them?

shezfrombermuda
01-31-2008, 06:37 AM
Your newsletters look very professional! I would also like to know what program you used to make them? Thanks.

Vayleen
01-31-2008, 08:28 PM
I LOVE your newsletters! What program did you use to make them?

Your newsletters look very professional! I would also like to know what program you used to make them? Thanks.

Thanks!! I downloaded a 30-day trial of Microsoft Publisher and used a template to add my own stuff. It was pretty easy and fun!

Keira1387
01-31-2008, 08:35 PM
Wow, the newsletter looks really good. You can tell it is good quality. Also, I love your flowers. The colors are pretty!:thumbsup2

Vayleen
01-31-2008, 09:15 PM
Wow, the newsletter looks really good. You can tell it is good quality. Also, I love your flowers. The colors are pretty!:thumbsup2

Thanks, I am hoping for the tulips. I'm so nervous about how the flowers will turn out.

Vayleen
02-06-2008, 10:16 PM
3 months and 2 weeks!

padisneyfour
02-06-2008, 10:21 PM
your newsletter looks great! You did a wonderful job!Congrats and being so close to your date.

camara381
02-07-2008, 12:52 PM
My inivtations are some-what done....

I am trying to decide if I want to add a pocket folder. Or I may just send ou a newsletter with the rest of the information. Ohhhhhh I don't know... Here'e what I have thus far:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/Invites001.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/Invites006.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/Invites008.jpg

Oh my goddness, please tell me what kind of paper is that blue one... it is exactlly what i am looking for.

Lisella
02-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Everything looks really wonderful so far, Vayleen! Keep up the good work. Can't wait to read more...

Vayleen
02-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Oh my goddness, please tell me what kind of paper is that blue one... it is exactlly what i am looking for.

That was a little pop quiz for me. I couldn't remember until I looked it up. I ordered the blue paper from cardsandpockets.com and the color is cornflower (a metallic shade).

Vayleen
02-07-2008, 02:51 PM
I am SO excited! I have a fun filled bridal weekend ahead of me. I am going to spend some quality time with one of my BM. Sunday I am going to one of those Crate and Barrel Wedding Events and then I am going to get my dress fitted. Be prepared for pictures next week!

Vayleen
02-12-2008, 09:20 PM
I wish weekends lasted longer or there was more time in a day!!

Friday I went over to my mom's house for the weekend. Sunday morning we woke up at 8am to get ready and leave to pick up my BM for our day of wedding fun. We got down to Crate and Barrel shortly after 10am. They had the store only open to people who were there for the Wedding Event. I HIGHLY recommend going to it! There were only a handful of people there and it was so nice to peruse the store without having to worry about someone else looking over your shoulder or the store being crowded. DF didn't want to participate so it was me, my mom and my BM. C&B had all kinds of goodies.. they made waffles, paninis, had fresh fruit, fondue, coffee, juice, bottled water, etc! I really was only there to get my free heart shaped bowl. However, I ended up adding a TON of stuff to the registry!!!

We ended up leaving there around 12:15. My BM and I had a 12:30 appointment at David's Bridal for our fittings. I tried my dress on... My mom said that it seemed to be SO much easier getting it on this time around, possibly due to the HUGE dressing room this time around. I got the dress on and it felt like it was a whole size too big! HOORAY!!!!:cool1: The ladies in alterations are the best people I have encountered at DB! I could not get over how nice they were. That's probably because they're not trying to sell me something!! Anyway, they have to bring in my dress about an inch and take in the bust seams. Of course they have to take off about 2 inches because I'm short (5'2"!).

My BM looked stunning in her dress. I told her I wanted my dress in periwinkle. LOL. Maybe I ought to dye the crinnie?! ;)

The seamstresses have to take in my BMs dress a bit and hem hers just a little bit.

We go back March 7 for, I guess, our final fittings.

Pictures tomorrow, I promise!

Lynn5700
02-12-2008, 10:19 PM
I love everything!!!! Your newsletter is amazing and the invites look great!!!

Vayleen
02-16-2008, 08:50 PM
The photos from my fitting, finally....

I'm a little unsure here because my dress was SO big on me when I put it on. My expression is so goofy (that's thanks to my mom who snaps random photos without warning).
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/Fitting003.jpg

I could barely put my arm down because of the pins stabbing me! (Also, with a very fake smile).
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/Fitting004.jpg

My bridesmaid with her eyes closed. Photo, again, courtesy of my mom who doesn't look at pictures after she takes them.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/Fitting005.jpg

Vayleen
02-21-2008, 10:29 AM
3 months and I will be on my Disneymoon!

I spoke with Kathleen today just to go over some things. I am sending in my planning kit early next week and should have my BEO by the end of next week!

Lynn5700
02-21-2008, 10:32 AM
How exciting :) Your getting closer! Your dress look's great on you and the BM dress is very pretty.I love the color.

mermaidbride1108
02-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi! I love your invites! and your flowers, I definitely want lillies in my bouquet.

Do you mind posting that graphic that you used in your invites?

Thanks!

padisneyfour
02-21-2008, 03:11 PM
everything looks great- your dress is so pretty. I am sure the three months will fly by. Enjoy!!!!

Vayleen
02-26-2008, 04:31 PM
I faxed my planning sheets to Kathleen today. I should have my BEO by the end of the week!

My sister (MOH), mom and bridesmaid are throwing me a bridal shower next weekend in South Carolina! Woooo hoo!!!! I'll have pictures up of that when I return. My FMIL wants to have a shower for me sometime in April, not sure when that will be yet. I am so excited.

Next Friday I get have my last fitting for the dress with one of my bridesmaids.

I have Ana booked for 6am :eek: and Carolyn Allen is coming at 6:30. I am trying to decide if I want to have a videographer? Any suggestions?

Vayleen
03-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Well, I was so excited about this weekend because my mom was going to have a bridal shower for me in SC on Saturday and my BM and I were going to pick up our altered dresses from David's Briday on Friday. It was going to be a fun filled wedding weekend....

until...

My mom calls me at work this afternoon (she NEVER calls me at work). I immediately thought my sister had given birth early, but no. My grandfather passed away today.

My PJ will be on hold for awhile until I return from SC for the funeral. I've got a lot to add on here.

Lynn5700
03-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Oh no!! I am sooo sooo sooo sorry :(My thought's and prayers are with you and your family.

lov2b@disney
03-07-2008, 06:21 AM
So sorry for your loss :sad:

keenercam
03-07-2008, 07:18 AM
Oh, Valene, I am so sorry for your family's loss. Sending you a :hug:

Vayleen
04-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Revival time! Pardon this for potentially being scattered!

Big sidenote though: April 9 my sister (my MOH) gave birth to her second son!!! Liam! He's so adorable! http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/Liam.jpg

I am pretty much all set and ready to go to Florida! One month from today and I will be at the spa! Then on the 17th of May we will begin to drive down to FL!

I had my final dress fitting a few weeks ago. It fits like a GLOVE! I am so excited!

DF has finally gotten all of his GM measured for their tuxes, so now we just have to pick them up on the 16th. My mom will take my nephew next Monday to get him measured. They told us to wait to get him measured since he is almost 4 and is still growing.

DF's sisters and mom were in CA over easter and found dresses for the Afternoon Tea.

I am still trying to decide if I want to have a videographer for the wedding. Any thoughts?

Best news yet: We have paid our BEO so we are all set!!!

Favor update: My mom bought cinderella coach candles to put on the tables at the Turf Club. She also found some tin suitcase favors that she got personalized and stuffed with kisses. I think she will put them in the Welcome Bags. My mom also ordered playing cards to put in the Welcome Bags. We're a family of card players so DF and I thought those suited us well. I'm going to have to go over to my mom's house soon to take a look and see what all she got since we are going to preassemble the Welcome Bags before we leave.

We bought the DFTW cake knife and server. We took it to Things Remembered to get our names engraved on the cake knife, next to the coach. I'll take pictures the next time I am over that way.

lov2b@disney
04-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Congratulations on your adorable little nephew!

Plans are coming together! Cant wait til our BEO is paid!

Time will fly now!

Vayleen
04-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Oh yes. Everything is coming together and pretty much set. 31 days until we leave, ridiculous!

Mrsdisneyb2b
04-16-2008, 11:26 AM
I love reading your pj!!! I love the dresses as well cant wait to see more pictures!!!!

Vayleen
04-20-2008, 06:16 PM
One month to go and by this time, we will be married!!!!!!!! :lovestruc :lovestruc

Vayleen
04-23-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm so excited. I finished my second newsletter... I really get pumped about this. Maybe I'll make newsletters for a living. HA.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/CIMG2459.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/CIMG2460.jpg

I am going over to my mom's house on Friday to work on Welcome Bags. I will have pictures of all kinds of stuff this weekend.

padisneyfour
04-23-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm so excited. I finished my second newsletter... I really get pumped about this. Maybe I'll make newsletters for a living. HA.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/CIMG2459.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/CIMG2460.jpg

I am going over to my mom's house on Friday to work on Welcome Bags. I will have pictures of all kinds of stuff this weekend.

You newsletter looks really wonderful, very clean and professional looking.:thumbsup2 Have a great weekend and look forward to seeing more pics of everything.

lov2b@disney
04-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Love the newsletter! Looking forward to seeing more!

Vayleen
04-26-2008, 05:04 PM
This weekend I came over to my mom's house so we could get some things accomplished... Oh boy did we, and then some.

Yesterday we ran to A.C. Moore and Michael's for crafty stuff. We came home and started stuffing Welcome Bags:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/CIMG2462.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/CIMG2479.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/CIMG2478.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/CIMG2480.jpg

Then we started to go through some things I had left at her house after we came back from Disney at Christmas and I found this:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/CIMG2476.jpg
I almost forgot that I had it!!! I just wanted to save it for after the wedding.

Oh! Our families really like playing cards.. So we decided to get some personalized playing cards. They came in last week and I really like them:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/CIMG2474.jpg

I also went to an Irish import store in Downtown Fredericksburg and got one of my bridesmaids a gift.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/CIMG2484.jpg
(of course I wrapped it before I took a picture of it) - It's a silver shamrock with a gold trinity knot. It's gorgeous. She's irish and during our CP (she was my roommate) I used joke around with her about potatoes.. Well I found the PERFECT gift for her. At the Irish store I found some candy that are coconut cremes rolled in cinnamon, so they look like little irish potatoes. I laughed SO hard when I saw them. I told her I was going to get her some potatoes for her gift. I also got my sister a horseshoe necklace with a shamrock on it. When we left the store my mom told me I should be a professional gift buyer. HA!

I also worked on printing 100+ envelopes for our announcements that we ordered. My mom is going to send them out on our wedding day.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/vayleen/CIMG2481.jpg

Now it's just down to a few minor details and we are set. We're all so pumped. 3 weeks until we will be in Florida! :banana:

IndyBride
04-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Those announcement look so fantastic! I love them!

Lynn5700
04-27-2008, 12:48 AM
aww congratulations on your nephew!! Liam is such a cute name!!

Your bags look great!!!

disneychickforever
04-27-2008, 03:17 AM
Awesome Valene :) Can't wait to read more.

shezfrombermuda
04-27-2008, 06:40 AM
Congratulations on your nephew! Everything looks great, I really like your announcements. You must be getting very excited now!

Vayleen
05-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Congratulations on your nephew! Everything looks great, I really like your announcements. You must be getting very excited now!

My parents are members of the DVC. I told my mom that I wished she had enough points to stay down there for a month! I have an AP, I think I would be content!

I started tanning today.. HA, Late, yes, but it's going to be better than going the way I am -- pasty!

I can't believe there are 2 weeks left, I feel like I was just counting at two months and the year since I called DFTW has almost passed! WOWZA! :wizard:

Vayleen
05-13-2008, 12:16 AM
It's almost here --- I leave Saturday morning. O-M-G!

I am working everyday this week and still have to pack. Luckily my mom is taking 98% of the stuff down. :flower3:

Lisacope
05-13-2008, 08:43 AM
Best of luck - I hope your day is wonderful!

keenercam
05-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Good luck! Have fun packing!

roozlilone
05-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Everything looks great! Congrats and have FUN!!!! :goodvibes

Vayleen
05-16-2008, 08:02 AM
We leave tomorrow morning at 5 am!!!!!!

lov2b@disney
05-16-2008, 08:06 AM
HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP!

29apr00
05-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Have a magical trip, can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!

jennifer

Keira1387
05-16-2008, 08:45 AM
How exciting!!! Have an awesome time!

camara381
05-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Yay have a wonderful time!!!!

jnale
05-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Congratulations on your nephew - he's adorable!

Have fun.

IndyBride
05-18-2008, 01:03 AM
Hope you have a wonderful trip!

auntpunkin
05-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Congratulations!!!

shezfrombermuda
05-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Have a wonderful time!! :goodvibes

lov2b@disney
05-18-2008, 08:02 PM
HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP :dance3:

Nicola2010
05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Good Luck for tomorrow!

Be sure to post lots of pics!

lov2b@disney
05-20-2008, 06:07 AM
HAPPY WEDDING DAY!

snow_white725
05-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Yay! It's your Wedding Day! :goodvibes

29apr00
05-20-2008, 07:37 AM
HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!

:bride: :bride: :bride: :bride: :bride: :bride:

Hope it's magical for you!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Jennifer

Lynn5700
05-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Happy Wedding Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

lurkyloo
05-20-2008, 10:16 AM
:cheer2: Happy Wedding Day!!!!:cheer2:

disneygal922
05-20-2008, 10:16 AM
HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!:goodvibes

newyearsbride
05-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Happy Wedding Day!:bride: :dance3: :woohoo:

roozlilone
05-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Have a Happy Wedding! :cool1: :cool1:

keenercam
05-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Happy Wedding Day! I hope everything is going beautifully for you! pixiedust: :goodvibes :sunny:

accountingbabe08
05-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Happy Wedding Day!!!!

BayouPrincess
05-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Happy Wedding Day!
I hope everything is magical for you

Vayleen
05-27-2008, 12:44 AM
HAPPY WEDDING DAY!

Yay! It's your Wedding Day! :goodvibes

HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!

:bride: :bride: :bride: :bride: :bride: :bride:

Hope it's magical for you!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Jennifer

Happy Wedding Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

:cheer2: Happy Wedding Day!!!!:cheer2:

HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!:goodvibes

Happy Wedding Day!:bride: :dance3: :woohoo:

Have a Happy Wedding! :cool1: :cool1:

Happy Wedding Day! I hope everything is going beautifully for you! pixiedust: :goodvibes :sunny:

Happy Wedding Day!!!!

Happy Wedding Day!

I hope everything is magical for you

thanks everyone!!! we got back sunday night at 7:30. it took us exactly 12 hours to drive back.. it took us 15 to get down there... i will start my TR soooon!!!

it was so wonderful!

29apr00
05-27-2008, 06:46 AM
Congrats and welcome back!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

jennifaerie
05-27-2008, 07:13 AM
Many, many congratulations to you!
:yay: :flower3: :yay: