PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Party-- Make your own Ice Cream Sundaes?

Starseeker1221
07-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Hi! It seems I only post to this board when I have really random questions, but I read the posts all the time and am extremely grateful for all the help! :-)

I was wondering if anyone has ever done something like an ice cream party for their welcome party?

I'm looking for something informal for that night, I would love to do something like that on either the beach at GF or Yacht Club, but have no idea if its possible, or about how much it would be? (I'm just looking for an estimate since I'm trying to keep the costs of the welcome party down).

Thanks so much! :-)
~Vicky

DisneyFairy19
07-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Subscribing.... I love that idea... Sounds so much fun... I dont know anything about that but have you checked out Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club... Its an Ice Cream Parlor... And so YUMMY

lpizzuro123
07-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Great idea. I love the "Make Your Own" idea. Unfortunately I have no info on this but would love to hear if anyone does. This sounds like something that would be really fun your both you and your guests (and economical also).

Waiting to hear if anyone has any info.

Thanks,
Linda

Disney Nay Nay
07-25-2007, 11:39 AM
That Is a very good idea!! The beach club icecream palor is a great place to go. I also like the prime time cafe at MGM. It's lots of laughs & you could have a room set aside for your guest & just get desserts & sundaes. but, you guest would need park passes.

princess110607
07-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Super cute idea!!! Hope you find some way to work it out :)

disprincessatheart
07-25-2007, 01:11 PM
on another thread in here someone posted a link to a site that had a menu for that at the GF. Here it is http://www.********************/ftw/wdw/menus.html

I was thinking the same thing - sounds like a really cool idea for a very casual evening. I also liked the bride on here the had all her guests meet at the FW campfire the night before and brought stuff for smores!

Starseeker1221
07-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks so much for your replies, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks this is a fun idea-- its so hard to think of a casual, inexpensive party idea that everyone will like! :-)

And thanks for posting that menu link-- there are a lot of great options there, and I think the ice cream idea is definitely reasonable cost-wise!

I'm going to check out Beaches and Cream when I go down for vacation in November, too... I had come across their menu when looking for ice cream stuff, but I've never actually eaten there, so I wasn't sure how big of a place it was, or if it would make a good idea for a welcome party. I will definitely check it out! :-)