PDA

View Full Version : Receiving a Wedding Gift

hcb0883
07-23-2007, 05:10 PM
My DF and I received a wedding gift today:woohoo: but my question is are we supposed to open it or wait until after the wedding:confused: Please let me know as I don't want the family to go without a Thank you card :grouphug:

hmgolden
07-24-2007, 02:11 PM
We opened all our gifts as we received them. For the ones we got before the wedding, I would open them as soon as DH and I were both home (he travels a lot for work, so sometimes that meant waiting a week or more) and I would send a thank you note shortly after opening the gift. I'm not sure if that's the proper etiquette, but it worked for us, and meant I had less thank yous to send when we got home from the wedding.

jasonandlisa
07-24-2007, 02:39 PM
We've been opening them as we get them. (I was away for a few, so DF had to wait for me to get back.) But I'm going to wait until after the wedding to send out all the thank-yous. I don't know the proper etiquette either, but I figure that this way I can say, "thank you for the gift" as well as something like, "it was great to see you at the wedding" or "thank you for coming to the wedding", too, if I want to make the note a little longer.

We're not using any of the gifts or putting them away until after the wedding, though. I'm just stacking them up in a pile in one of our spare bedrooms.

jasonandlisa
08-16-2007, 10:17 AM