PDA

View Full Version : I ordered my gown!!!

theantibride
07-23-2007, 01:06 AM
I ordered my gown yesterday! :woohoo: I know we're not getting married until October 2008 so we don't even have an official date or anything but I wanted to get the dress out of the way ASAP so it would be one less expense to worry about as the day drawers near. I also ordered my veil and bought my tiara. :bride: So now all I have to do is focus on paying for everything else. I just wanted to share cause I knew y'all would join me in my excitement. I am the very last of all my friends to be married so by now after everyone else's wedding all my girlfriends are like "Okay." I just wanna yell at them "Hey! I jumped up and down with you when you ordered your dress! It's my turn!" At least my bestest friend (and probably future MOH) was super-excited and squealed with me on the cell phone (until she got home to a screaming 20 month old and had to go). It just feels so real now. It's like it just hit me. WHAM! You're really getting married. You're going to be a bride. And then a wife. Yikes! It's so exciting and nerve-wrecking all at the same time!

Summer-Caitlin
07-23-2007, 04:25 AM
Congratulations It's such a great feeling to get the dress out of the way isn't it? What's it like? Do you have any pictures? I don't think it's too early to buy the dress, many have bought there dress 18 months out or more. Glad to hear you're so happy:goodvibes

DisneyFairy19
07-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Congrats... How Exciting

ToInfinity
07-23-2007, 11:51 AM
That AWESOME!!! :cool1: Congratulations on your engagement and your upcoming wedding!!

If you have any pictures of your dress I would love to see it.

figmentfan814
07-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Congrats on ordering your dress! I just ordered mine on Friday. It is definitely nice to get that stress out of the way. It took me forever to find one... I visited 15 shops over a period of 4 1/2 months. I know how exciting it can be to finally make a decision, enjoy!

theantibride
07-23-2007, 11:55 PM
Thank you all for the well wishes. I don't have a picture yet but as soon as I do I shall share! It's a very simple strapless A-line dress with a dropped waist. It's made of silk and has no frou-frou on it: no lace, no beading, no tulle, nothing. Just a nice simple elegant dress -- exactly what I wanted!

MickeyCrazed
07-24-2007, 07:43 AM
Well I will pitch in and say...

Congratulations! princess:

For a bride, one of the most exciting things is the day they pick/buy their dress. Shame on your friends for not sharing the excitement!

I have been married for almost 20 years, and I still got excited when one of my friends got married a few years ago. Wedding gown shopping is the best. I have always had a silent dream of owning a bridal salon or being a wedding photographer.