PDA

View Full Version : 'Ohana... you were not kidding!!

marivaid
07-22-2007, 02:53 PM
I booked 'Ohana for our last night at the Polynesian thinking it would be a nice way to end our stay there. Got a 9PM ADR, hoping to see Wishes.

I've read here several times how some of you felt rushed at 'Ohana. Well NOW I get it !

First they brought the salad, wontons and dipping sauce, shrimp and chicken wings. Enough to keep us busy for a while, right ? Nope. We had just started on the salad that they brought in the potatoes and veggies, then a couple minutes later the meats on skewers. We each got a piece of steak and a piece of turkey.

We were taking a little breathing break when the guy who brought us the meat came to our table and asked us if we'd like some more. We said no, thank you. Before we had a chance to say anything he cleared the whole table !!!! We were both so stunned we just looked at each other like, okay what just happened here?! :confused3 :confused:

We were in & out of the place in about half an hour.

I couldn't believe it. We actually left hungry ! All I had was a little bit of salad, a couple wontons, 2 pieces of meat and a spoonful of potatoes. DM didn't even have time to taste the salad or the potatoes.

It wasn't just us either - the family at the next table were just starting when we got seated and left before us.

Unbelievable ! It was definitely the low point of our stay at the Poly.

Densgirl
07-22-2007, 03:15 PM
I booked 'Ohana for our last night at the Polynesian thinking it would be a nice way to end our stay there. Got a 9PM ADR, hoping to see Wishes.

I've read here several times how some of you felt rushed at 'Ohana. Well NOW I get it !

First they brought the salad, wontons and dipping sauce, shrimp and chicken wings. Enough to keep us busy for a while, right ? Nope. We had just started on the salad that they brought in the potatoes and veggies, then a couple minutes later the meats on skewers. We each got a piece of steak and a piece of turkey.

We were taking a little breathing break when the guy who brought us the meat came to our table and asked us if we'd like some more. We said no, thank you. Before we had a chance to say anything he cleared the whole table !!!! We were both so stunned we just looked at each other like, okay what just happened here?! :confused3 :confused:

We were in & out of the place in about half an hour.

I couldn't believe it. We actually left hungry ! All I had was a little bit of salad, a couple wontons, 2 pieces of meat and a spoonful of potatoes. DM didn't even have time to taste the salad or the potatoes.

It wasn't just us either - the family at the next table were just starting when we got seated and left before us.

Unbelievable ! It was definitely the low point of our stay at the Poly.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. We did have a waiter once that tried bringing things at this pace but I did tell him we weren't finished with the appetizers yet. I wouldn't have been above asking for new plates and explaining I was taking a short breather but wasn't sure if I wanted more or not. Didn't they bring the dessert? I loved the dessert here. Bread pudding, ice cream and carmely type of sauce. I usually have to be rolled out of this place;) I hope the rest of your stay was good.

faindrops27
07-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Oh, I am sorry. If he would have started taking stuff off of my table. I would have kindly took it right back from him. I am not going to leave hungry, oh no way. Last time I was there, they did bring things so fast. But, I kept asking for more. Like potatoes. wings. I left stuffed. I am so sorry you had to leave hungry.:sad2:

inkkognito
07-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Last time we were there, they brought things quickly but not in a "rushed" sort of way. We felt that we had plenty of time to eat our meal and to ask for seconds of the things that we wanted more of. They always asked before removing anything. If they tried clearing away the plates before I was done, I would immediately speak up.

DiszyDean
07-22-2007, 03:31 PM
That does sound like you were very rushed...

However, in a situation like that, why wouldn't you have just said..."Hey stop! We are not finished yet, please give us some time to eat our meal."

I know if I had paid that much for a meal, I certainly would not have let them just take it away from me before I had a chance to finish.

I would have also called over the manager if that would have been the case and demanded that they comp the meal. You basically paid for something you did not get.

kathie859
07-22-2007, 03:31 PM
My major complaint when we visitied O'Hana in March was that I felt so rushed! In spite of that, I made ADR's for October and plan to be a bit more forward in setting the pace for the meal. I really enjoyed the food--I just felt like they threw down a bunch of food and we gulped it down and left.

This time, I think since I know the way the restaurant operates, we can control the pace. At least that what I'm hoping:goodvibes

marivaid
07-22-2007, 03:37 PM
That does sound like you were very rushed...

However, in a situation like that, why wouldn't you have just said..."Hey stop! We are not finished yet, please give us some time to eat our meal."

I know if I had paid that much for a meal, I certainly would not have let them just take it away from me before I had a chance to finish.

I would have also called over the manager if that would have been the case and demanded that they comp the meal. You basically paid for something you did not get.

You're absolutely right one of us should have said something. We're not really into confrontation but sometimes it's needed.
It happened VERY fast though. The guy cleared our table, and literally seconds later the dessert was here. We thought, nevermind for once we have room for dessert.

It was just a really weird experience.

marivaid
07-22-2007, 03:40 PM
I just felt like they threw down a bunch of food and we gulped it down and left.

That's exactly how we felt ! Except we're slow eaters so we didn't eat that much LOL

(Our conversation when we came out of Stars Tour earlier today:)

Me : That was fast. Which ride did you think was the fastest ?
DM : 'Ohana!

Disfan3
07-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Wow...

I do feel that they do kinda place the food out there fast...but! We have been there three times and the kids are always playing and hoola hooping and we have NEVER left in half an hour. That does seem SUPER fast!

What time was your ADR? I wonder if they try to get another round of people in there before WISHES...kwim??? Maybe that has something to do with it?

All I know is that we LOVE that place and go back without fail..every single trip.

We have always had refills of everything including desserts!!!

I guess all I can say is next time say something and had they removed my chips before I was done I would simply ask for MORE CHIPS!! It is all you can eat after all!

I am so sorry you felt this way. What a bummer.:guilty:

Disfan3
07-22-2007, 03:42 PM
That's exactly how we felt ! Except we're slow eaters so we didn't eat that much LOL

(Our conversation when we came out of Stars Tour earlier today:)

Me : That was fast. Which ride did you think was the fastest ?
DM : 'Ohana!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

that is so funny!!!

Pooh Bear Hugs
07-22-2007, 03:46 PM
I would have told him to stop and if he didn't said it again louder, we have two small boys who eat slowly. I wouldn't allow them to go hungry.
Please stand up for yourself if you do it right its not rude. Hopefully it didn't spoil your trip too much.:grouphug:

marivaid
07-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Wow...

I do feel that they do kinda place the food out there fast...but! We have been there three times and the kids are always playing and hoola hooping and we have NEVER left in half an hour. That does seem SUPER fast!

What time was your ADR? I wonder if they try to get another round of people in there before WISHES...kwim??? Maybe that has something to do with it?

All I know is that we LOVE that place and go back without fail..every single trip.

We have always had refills of everything including desserts!!!

I guess all I can say is next time say something and had they removed my chips before I was done I would simply ask for MORE CHIPS!! It is all you can eat after all!

I am so sorry you felt this way. What a bummer.:guilty:

Our ADR was at 9PM. I thought this would be a great time to see Wishes from the restaurant but we had time to get back to our room at Tokelau, change, and walk to the beach before Wishes started.

It's not a huge deal, we will most likely give it another try but this time we'll know what to do ie : guard that salad with my life.:rotfl2:

Disfan3
07-22-2007, 03:53 PM
mmmm....

salad!! Did you even get a chance to try the dessert?

(I am trying to diet for FWF and my Sept trip yet I keep reading and looking at these food threads!!!)

marivaid
07-22-2007, 03:55 PM
mmmm....

salad!! Did you even get a chance to try the dessert?

(I am trying to diet for FWF and my Sept trip yet I keep reading and looking at these food threads!!!)

Yes we cleared that dessert plate :rotfl: It was yummyyyyy. I added the sauce to my list of things I'd like to take a bath in.

wideeyes
07-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Sorry about your experience at Ohana, it sounds very rushed, I hope we fare better, I don't like speaking up ether.

InnerStrength06
07-22-2007, 04:18 PM
I would have told him to stop and if he didn't said it again louder, we have two small boys who eat slowly.

I am glad that I came across this thread since we have ressies at Ohana in a few weeks. I also have a son who eats very slow (as in the 3 of us are done with dinner and he still munching away), so if I feel a rush-job coming on, I will speak up right away (since DH would just be mortified, but not say anything except to me). We have eaten there in the past, and were rushed once ~ I will not let it happen again. Thanks OP!

1daisy
07-22-2007, 04:23 PM
I didn't know it was like that. I was thinking of ordering an anniversary cake there, nothing romantic, we'll be with DS4. But I wanted to do something special. Maybe I'll send it to the room. I don't want to feel rushed. Thanks for the info!

TinkerbellLuvr7
07-22-2007, 04:34 PM
we had a similar rushing experience at LTT..when we ate there in 2005 we enjoyed ourselves and left stuffed but not rushed but when we went in May i think we were in and our in less than an hr and we saw the characters twice. Our waiter came around thinking we were done w/our food but asked for seconds anyways and when we said yes he gave us an attitude like how could these ppl want more food. Needless to say the character interaction was great and the food was as well but our service was not very magical as it was in 2005.

Suejeffali
07-22-2007, 04:57 PM
We went for breakfast while we were there and we didn't feel rushed at all. We made sure we were able to see all the characters.

debit34
07-22-2007, 05:14 PM
That's too bad. We had great, great service at Ohana's. Sometimes you have to be direct and explain that you aren't quite finished with something if they are trying to take it. I remember them bringing the next courses quickly but it wasn't a problem for us, we just had a little bit of each thing and moved on. We too had to be "rolled" out of the place. The only other thing I remember is to save room for the yummy steak that comes at the end!!!!! :thumbsup2

digman6
07-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Is it like this for breakfast also??

we have ADRs for breakfast and dinner in december. I am glad I know this because as soon as i sit down I am telling our server we have been here before ( I know its a lie) and we were rushed and I don't want all the food thrown at me so I am rushed out the door.

Dh and I are former restuarant people and so we know how it goes but that is something we don't hesitate to say something about when we are basiclly pushed out the door. for what people pay they should be able to enjoy there meal and not feel rushed at all.

When i called to make my ADRs for there the Cm said that it can take anywhere from 1 -2 hours:laughing: to eat just depends on the table. I luagh after hearing this post wonder if she has been there before? sounds like your in and out in 30 minutes!

mom2my3kids
07-22-2007, 06:56 PM
If I was not done, I would of told them that. If he did it so fast, I would of had them replace everything as you were not done. This is the meal I am looking most forward to and I don't mind them bring everything at once. We can just add to our plates but if I am not done I will let them know..

Roo-Lover
07-22-2007, 10:17 PM
We had dinner at O'Hana's on 6/26 and had a wonderful waitress. The food was brought out in a timely manner. My DD19, DD14, my sister-in-law, and I went up to learn the hula. After that, my husband and I were recognized for celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and danced to Hawiian music along with a few other couples. My husband is diabetic and kept asking for more shrimp and other meats off the skewers. The food was fantastic and for dessert, the waitress brought my DD19 the pineapple with the caramel sauce(the old dessert that O'Hana had) besides the new dessert menu. At no time did we feel rushed and I honestly believe that we probably stayed longer than average dinner stay because of participating in the activities.

LilyWDW
07-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Our experience at 'Ohana was amazing and I will not hesitate to go back there. We did not feel rushed at all (we had a view of the castle and the server spent time talking to us about the trip, got as many refills as we wanted, never felt like they were pushing us out the door, and left WAY too full lol.

I would have said something, but then again if you take my food away from me you risk losing a finger! :rotfl:

DarthKTrava
07-22-2007, 10:37 PM

I went for breakfast last year. Didn't feel rushed at all. And they didn't rush the food out either. Although I shoulda asked for more of those yummy MM waffles!

Tink3Belle
07-23-2007, 04:41 PM
We are going there next month around 4:15 but I will not let them rush me - Its hard enough trying to get a bite with 3 small kids I will tell them in the beginning not to rush me.:laughing:

marivaid
07-25-2007, 03:26 PM

No, it wasn't like that for breakfast. We did it once in January and again last week, it was great. The character interaction is awesome!

That's probably why we were so disappointed with dinner, we had such a great time at breakfast.

Glad to know some of you have had better experiences than we did!

Nursejilly
07-25-2007, 03:56 PM
We ate at Ohana last november and i do remember not having much of a lull in our dinner, but i loved the food! This coming november, we have an ADR at OHana's at 5:30pm and then are going to MVMCP. I guess if dinner is rushed for us, it might work to our advantage, LOL! I don't want to miss anything at the MVMCP since it will be our first time attending. :)

Sparklin
07-25-2007, 04:21 PM
So are you guys talking about the dinner show or just regular dinner? I am just now starting to plan out a trip we are hoping to take next year and we wanted to see the dinner show.

GusT
07-27-2007, 02:26 AM
We had a wonderful meal at 'Ohana in May. We didn't feel rushed at all, but then again we aren't "get rushed" kind of people. The more they brought and set on the table, the more we would just add to our plates. We are a grazing kind of family. We don't have to have our salad finished before they bring our food, actually my DH won't eat his salad until he has his main course, so this meal worked out well for us.

Peter Pirate 2
07-27-2007, 09:54 AM
It's so sad how bad 'Ohana has gotten but sadder yet how so many people accept this behavior with caveots or qualifications.

They ('Ohana) SHOULD NOT be rushing people through their meal. People SHOULD NOT have to be abrupt with the staff in order to eat a reasonably paced meal.

If you continue to patronize 'Ohana and DO get the rushed treatment, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE complain to management. Don't just slow the waiters down and feel satisfied. Complain to the Managers so perhaps they'll get the idea that something is wrong.
pirate:

supersuperwendy
07-27-2007, 08:43 PM
We didn't have a great time there either. First off we didn't get to sit in the main room...we were on the other side of the wall so we couldn't see our kids participating in the games while we ate. The worst of if was this...soon after sitting a girl walked over and asked the kids if they wanted any chicken. Now having previewed every WDW menu online numerous times I was suprised and said..."Oh good, it's chicken! I thought it would be Turkey." She says.."Oh, no it's turkey, I just say it's chicken to get the kids to eat it." I was mortified. I said YOU CANNOT DO THAT.....she just looked at me...I said MY SON IS ALLERGIC TO TURKEY...YOU CAN'T WALK OVER HERE AND SAY ITS CHICKEN..YOU COULD KILL SOMEBODY!

We also weren't there very long. I was so excited to go there..then totally let down.

Sparklin
07-27-2007, 09:17 PM
I can't believe she'd lie like that! You'd think in a restaurant they'd know better. Especially since Disney seems to make a fuss for people with allergies.

I was really looking forward to going there but now after reading everyones reviews on how quick they throw food at you this might not be good for us. I'm a slow eater and so is my son. Especially when there is so much going on most kids are going to eat slower since they will be watching everything else. Do you guys think there is a better time to go when they'd be slower? We would never eat late since we have two young kids, we usually like to eat around 5-5:30. (I have terrible reflux and need to eat 3-4 hours before bed)

digman6
07-27-2007, 09:17 PM
what did she say after you told her your son was allergic to Turkey???????:scared1: :eek: :sick:

She should of deeply appologized! ( and then some)

I bet she will never do that again, good thing you commented or else there would of been a SERIOUS PROBLEM!

thank god he is ok! your family had a :angel: watching over you then thats for sure. For you to comment very simply that way and she comment back it was not what she said it was

GusT
07-28-2007, 12:42 AM
I can't believe she'd lie like that! You'd think in a restaurant they'd know better. Especially since Disney seems to make a fuss for people with allergies.

I was really looking forward to going there but now after reading everyones reviews on how quick they throw food at you this might not be good for us. I'm a slow eater and so is my son. Especially when there is so much going on most kids are going to eat slower since they will be watching everything else. Do you guys think there is a better time to go when they'd be slower? We would never eat late since we have two young kids, we usually like to eat around 5-5:30. (I have terrible reflux and need to eat 3-4 hours before bed)

I'm really sorry to hear you are rethinking this ADR. My DH and I had a great meal there. We didn't feel rushed at all, but like I said in a previous post we like to have our salad at the same time as everything else. It is on our must do list for our trip next May as well, my DH insisted. Our meal was around 7, but the place was still packed. We actually sat at the table for awhile and people watched after we finished our dessert, to let the massive amount of food we just ate settle! Our "cousins" all spent lots of time talking to us and never once acted like there were ready for us to free up our table. This is one place where we left an additional tip over what the DDP tips.

-Erica

Anc96
07-28-2007, 02:24 AM
We also had a wonderful meal there on July 1 ( just a few weeks ago).

We had to spend at least 1.5 hours there..lol. My daughter did all the activities. We ate leisurely. At one point a man went to take my dd's dish when she was up doing an activity, I just said that she wasn't finished with it yet. I was polite, he was nice. No problem.
As a matter of fact, when dessert was served an activity started before we finished it. DD went up to do the activity, and I did too to take pictures. When we got back to the table the ice cream had melted. Our server "cousin" debbie saw this and said "let me get you more of that it's melted!"

If you feel rushed, let them know! Tell them to slow it down.
The food is brought out all at once. I like it like that because I don't want the wings and shrimp taken away. We ate shrimp all through our meal.. yum!
If something gets too cool and you want it warmer... ask for more.

The activites aren't done constantly. There's "quiet time" (as quiet as Ohana's gets..lol) in between so you, and the kids, get to sit and eat. I would imagine if it was constantly going on, there would be a lot of hungry kids because they would be too distracted to eat!

We love it there and visit at least once every trip.

Sparklin
07-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Thank you guys for posting that. It just dawned on me too that the time of year might really matter. If it is peak season maybe they are more rushed so they can get more people in and out? Though you just went during peak and it was fine. We will be going in the fall when it's cheaper and slower. I don't mind if the food is brought out at once. Like you said we could always just ask for more if it gets cold. I think we'll probably still do it and just be clear that we aren't in a hurry. So if someone starts to clear the table too soon we'll be sure to speak up. It looks like it would be fun and I think the kids would have a good time.

I've seen this mentioned in a lot of the food reviews that some restaurant servers are called cousin but then others name them as CM's. What that all about? I've only been to disney once at that was over 15 years ago and I don't think we ate out in nicer places like these.

supersuperwendy
07-28-2007, 10:51 AM
We visited in early May so it wasn't a crowded time. Our ADR was for 5:30 and it was already pretty busy. Our kids spent most of their time playing games and hardly ate. We did have to buy them snacks later on that evening. Now although our first experience wasn't the best...We are going to try it again in April. Perhaps we'll have the magical O'hana experience everyone talks about!

DiszyDean
07-28-2007, 10:06 PM
At least it's changed from when we were there last October. Dinner took HOURS, we may as well have hunted and prepared our own meat for as long as it took to get any. They supposedly had a few servers working the same section, which amounted to one poor girl running around like crazy, and a couple of lazy guys taking frequent smoke breaks. (from what I could see) It's easier to stop them from taking something off your table than it is to try and even get it ON the table. Dessert? It piratically took an act of congress to get some. We're going back because the year before was fantastic, and the food is good. But if two out of three times they give us lousy service? Never again.

johnstonfamily
08-14-2007, 03:35 PM
I am so sorry to here this, we have 9pm ressies for the first night we get to Dis (8/30). The reservationist I made the ressie with told us this is the perfect time to eat so we can see Wishes from our table.

Is it possible to tip the server ahead of time to keep the table longer even though we are on the DDP and tip is included. I sure don't believe in being rushed!! We will be a party of nine with 5 kids, first night and we are staying at Poly. I plan to stay awhile.:confused:

16 days and counting!!:yay:

just another guy
08-14-2007, 04:35 PM
From someone who has been a server at many chain restaurants, the server can only rush the guests, if they allow the server to do so.

Luv2Roam
08-14-2007, 06:00 PM
This is a good heads up fpr other guests.
I think if they tried that stunt on me I would be telling them to take the second round of food away as I was not done with the first. :sad2:

Luv2Roam
08-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Dup post

marivaid
08-14-2007, 06:03 PM
From someone who has been a server at many chain restaurants, the server can only rush the guests, if they allow the server to do so.

That's right, it was absolutely my fault. It's funny though, how no other restaurant (in WDW or elsewhere) required me to jump out of my chair and yell STOP TAKING OUR FOOD AWAY in order to have a nice meal.

just another guy
08-14-2007, 07:13 PM
That's right, it was absolutely my fault. It's funny though, how no other restaurant (in WDW or elsewhere) required me to jump out of my chair and yell STOP TAKING OUR FOOD AWAY in order to have a nice meal.

:confused3

I'm sure you wouldn't have had to stand up and yell. To be 100% honest, I've only eaten there once, and we were completely screwed over. We had a party of 7. Our server bought enough salad for 2. We asked for more. She bought a tiny bit more. We pointed out there were 7 of us, and again asked for more. Same thing with the potaotes. She bought 1 little tray of them. We clearly stated, "Can we have several more?" She bought two more, and we again asked for MORE! We has to ask her SEVERAL times to get us more chicken/turkey/etc. We are not fat people or heavy eaters either. Little did she know that 3 of the people at the table were disney servers, and two were seaters from a disney restaurant. Plus, I've served before. We finally called the manager over. We told him the story, and he seemed shocked, especially finding out several people at the table were disney servers, so they knew EXACTLY what she was doing wrong. He fully comped our drinks(about $80-100 worth). We had a 8:50 reservation, and left at a bit after 11pm. Yes, it took two hours because we had to wait for EVERY single thing. I'm not one to complain, but I watched 7 minutes go by on my watch for simply another coke. Did we leave hungry? No, we stayed until we got what we wanted, a nice meal.

marivaid
08-14-2007, 07:45 PM
:confused3

I'm sure you wouldn't have had to stand up and yell. To be 100% honest, I've only eaten there once, and we were completely screwed over. We had a party of 7. Our server bought enough salad for 2. We asked for more. She bought a tiny bit more. We pointed out there were 7 of us, and again asked for more. Same thing with the potaotes. She bought 1 little tray of them. We clearly stated, "Can we have several more?" She bought two more, and we again asked for MORE! We has to ask her SEVERAL times to get us more chicken/turkey/etc. We are not fat people or heavy eaters either. Little did she know that 3 of the people at the table were disney servers, and two were seaters from a disney restaurant. Plus, I've served before. We finally called the manager over. We told him the story, and he seemed shocked, especially finding out several people at the table were disney servers, so they knew EXACTLY what she was doing wrong. He fully comped our drinks(about $80-100 worth). We had a 8:50 reservation, and left at a bit after 11pm. Yes, it took two hours because we had to wait for EVERY single thing. I'm not one to complain, but I watched 7 minutes go by on my watch for simply another coke. Did we leave hungry? No, we stayed until we got what we wanted, a nice meal.

See that's the thing. For me a "nice meal" doesn't include having to complain and/or calling the manager. Especially in a Deluxe resort at WDW. Of course we could have done that, but that would have been one lousy way to end our stay at the Poly. We left a little disappointed, yes, but not to the point where it ruined our whole stay.

Really, I would have had to stand up and yell. This guy was the Superman of table cleaners all the stuff was gone in less than a minute.

disnut1149
08-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Hi
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I have heard recently that people are being rushed. My DD and I were there last August and we weren't rushed at all. Also, we were drinking pina coladas, so that could be one of the reasons that we weren't rushed. I was also there last December with friends and it was so good, that we went back for a second time that week.

pjtjm
08-14-2007, 08:16 PM
I wanted to say thank you for posting your experience.

I almost cancelled our reservations because of what you said, but I really wanted to try it.

I'm now prepared to let our server know that we would not like to be rushed before the meal even begins.

I can do this politely when I'm not annoyed!! :lmao:

If I had the same situtation as you, (not prepared to defend your food!), I would have either sat back and be disappointed or gotten aggravated. Neither are condusive to a pleasant meal at the happiest place on earth!

So thanks again, I'm sorry you had that experience, but I'm hoping that you helped prevent my family from the same fate!

Rustysmom
08-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Thank you for the warning. We are going to try 'Ohana for the first time in a couple of weeks, now I know to guard the food and if they ask if we want more, we'll say "not right now" instead of "no".

marivaid
08-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Just wanted to make it clear that in no way did I post this to get people to cancel their ressies at 'Ohana. It was just a little heads up - so many DISers have reported being rushed at this restaurant, and I didn't understand until then how true it was.
That of course doesn't mean that EVERYONE gets rushed at 'Ohana. I'mglad others had better experiences there.

We'll probably give it another try ourselves at some point but we'll know better than to let anyone come within a 4ft radius of our food :lmao:

diznyfanatic
08-20-2007, 04:38 PM
We ate at 'Ohana for the very first time this past April. We were so excited after reading all of the glowing reviews for so long, that this was the meal we were looking forward to the most.

I will have to admit that we were disappointed in not only the service, but also the food.

While our server was very friendly, we've never felt more rushed through a meal in our lives. One course would hardly have time to hit the table before the next one arrived.

In fact, our server was actually moviing plates that people were still eating from to make room for the next course as the dishes kept piling up! :eek: We even joked with our server that he must be in a contest for turning over the most tables as we couldn't keep up with him, hoping he would take the hint.

We are foks who definitely appreciate timely service, but this was really kind of over the top. The meat was also overcooked and dry. We all agreed however that the Cheese Potatoes and Bread Pudding were awesome!!! :thumbsup2

ExtinctDino
08-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the warning. We'll be there Sept. 22, and definitely don't want to let them rush us.

Luv2Roam
08-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Sounds horrible. Makes me think of how prisoners must have to eat! :rotfl2:
Get fork in hand and fend off any attackers! :rotfl: