PDA

View Full Version : Blusher or no blusher?

mmmsarah3
07-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Are you wearing a blusher with your veil? I really do not want to, but my mom thinks that I should do it for my dad because that is "his moment". I don't know I just think its a little too tacky or overly dramatic for me personally.

Moonpie
07-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Do what makes you feel comfortable. :) ...and it's not "his moment" it's your moment, and a sweet kiss on the cheek from your dad is just as touching to see. Plus, if you have a dance with your father, he's likely to remember that moment more than your blusher.

prncesaurora21
07-21-2007, 11:30 PM
looking at your planning journal it looks like you have a cathedral length veil right? personally, and this is just MY opinion so take it however you wish :) , i think that a blusher would be too much. but as Moonpie said do what makes you comfortable...you will look beautiful either way :thumbsup2

theantibride
07-22-2007, 12:29 AM
I agree: Go with your comfort level. My dad's gone but even if he was still alive he wouldn't get to lift the veil. I tried on one blusher and it drove me nuts. I'd be walking down the aisle blowing the thing away from my face the whole time! I suggest trying one on and seeing if you like it. Then, if not, just tell your mother that you aren't comfortable with it and on such a nerve-wrecking day you don't need one more thing adding to your discomfort level. Who could argue with that?

RangerPooh
07-22-2007, 01:41 AM
I personally do not like them so I knew from the get-go that it was a no-go. Besides, I didn't want anything that would rub my face or mess my hair.

You should go with what you want, with what you have invisioned wearing on your special day. Think about the big picture. Will your DF be seeing you for the first time in days and you want the feeling of being revealed? Or would you prefer that he saw all of you and was able to see your facial expressions as you walked towards him?

Summer-Caitlin
07-22-2007, 05:10 AM
I am undecided, I have a veil that has the blusher. here is a pic with it:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l82/Summer-Caitlin/rightmodelshim1-1.jpg

and a picture of it without:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l82/Summer-Caitlin/leftmodelshim1-1.jpg

I think it looks beautiful with it, but I would only wear it like that for a little while.

jasonandlisa
07-22-2007, 10:19 AM
I am undecided, I have a veil that has the blusher. here is a pic with it:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l82/Summer-Caitlin/rightmodelshim1-1.jpg

and a picture of it without:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l82/Summer-Caitlin/leftmodelshim1-1.jpg

I think it looks beautiful with it, but I would only wear it like that for a little while.

I think this blusher is very cool, with the shimmery effect. It enhances rather than hides your face underneath.

But I agree with the other comments for the OP. A blusher with a long, cathedral train is probably just too much. Plus, is it really your dad's "moment"? Or is it just a moment your mom is picturing as part of her vision for your day? Either way, if it's not something you want, don't do it!! I'm not doing a lot of the traditional things (first dance with DF, dance with dad, dancing at all, bouquet toss), and I'm sure there will be people who say (hopefully not to my face!), "oh, it was such a nice wedding but it was a shame she didn't do X." You can't please everybody, nor should you try. Just go with what you want!

stitchfan18
07-22-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm personally not doing a blusher, but not because I have tried one on and didn't like the look. I just think blushers used to be 'the thing' along with not seeing the groom before the wedding. I decided way back in the beginning of my planning that we were going to do some pictures before the wedding and so a blusher was rather pointless in my opinion... That's just my two cents, hope it helps!
ETA- your dad's moment is getting to walk you down the aisle, I don't think he'll really mind not getting to lift your veil.

mmmsarah3
07-22-2007, 02:50 PM
I agree with everyone. It is his moment when he gets to walk me down the aisle. I just really don't want to wear it at all. I also knew from the get-go that I did not want to wear it and the lady just had to bring it our for me to put on:mad:

Cinderella22
07-22-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm gonna go with no as well. You will be a beautiful bride so why cover your face?
Maggie

Oh, and my sales women attached a $310.00 veil to my bill, which I didn't know of until I got a phone call saying it was in. Gotta love the sales people.

Bethy Lou
07-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Big blushers look so 1980s IMO, but the one picture in this thread is really great looking. I always hated blushers and am not wearing one, but I have to say that one posted makes me consider changing my mind!

MickeyAnne
07-22-2007, 07:49 PM
I had the same blusher argument with my mom. It is so not my thing at all but she really felt strongly that I should have one. She also felt that I should have a cathedral length veil but I just nevered pictured myself wearing one. So I ended up compromising with her and getting the fingertip length veil that I wanted and the blusher that she wanted. I am okay with it but its not my favorite thing. So I know the boat you are in!

Janell
07-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Do what your comfortable with. If you decide you want one, get one that you can take off later. I am not sure what they are called, but I have a reg vail with no blusher. The blusher is added on, not sure at this point how, but I can remove it. So I can have that moment with my dad, but not have it in all the photos.

hmgolden
07-23-2007, 10:48 AM
I didn't wear a blusher. My mom really wanted me too, because it is tradition and all, but I couldn't stand having the blusher in my face. My mom even tried the 'its your father's moment' argument on me, so I made her ask my dad what he thought - he thought the blusher was as silly as I did. That finally settled the argument :)

DisneyFairy19
07-24-2007, 07:55 AM
I am having a blusher... Also for my dad just to have his moment:cutie: but Do what makes you feel comfortable... If I listened to everyones opinion about my wedding it would be the weirdest wedding ever....

FOLLOW YOUR HEART:cutie:

figmentfan814
07-24-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm wearing my mom's veil which has a blusher. What I decided is that I am going to have it over my face when the door is first opened and my dad will be right inside waiting for me. Before we start walking down the aisle I am going to have him lift it up and over, so that way everyone will see me as I am coming up to the altar. But, remember like everyone else said do what you want, it's your day!

smoof
07-25-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't think it is tacky. Maybe, a little dramatic, but in an okay way. I think a lot of it is your opinion, dress, and veil. I kind of wanted one, but it really didn't work with my veil, and I loved my veil.