PDA

View Full Version : Rehearsal dinner favors

Jumpin'Jellyfish
07-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Do we have to give our favors at the rehearsal dinner if when the guests arrived at their hotel they were given a welcome bag with:
2 bottles of water
2 snack packs
2 homemade mickey cookies
park maps
and a wedding cd and itinerary?????????

I'm running out of money!!

PrettyInTink
07-21-2007, 02:25 PM
I don't really think you have to do both. Where is your rehearsal dinner? If its Ohana you could do some cheap lei's at each plate from www.orientaltrading.com Other than that you are fine, the Welcome Bags are a nice gesture. Don't feel obligated to do more. Your guests are there becasue they love you and want to see you get married, not for free stuff.:)

Lynn5700
07-21-2007, 02:39 PM
I am giving out my welcome bags at rehearsal/welcome dinner. So they will act as a favor too.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's not a must to give a favor at rehearsal.

PrettyInTink
07-21-2007, 02:43 PM
That's a good idea too, Lynn. That way you don't have to chase everyone down at their resorts. :thumbsup2

Tabetha
07-21-2007, 06:14 PM
There's absolutely no requirement to have favours at your rehearsal dinner.

Don't go broke over stuff people are just going to throw out or forget about!

DisneyFairy19
07-23-2007, 08:51 AM
IF you are having welcome bags in their rooms.. I wouldnt worry too much about giving out for rehearsal dinner...

Bethy Lou
07-23-2007, 09:46 AM
I would not worry about the favors, we are not doing them because we are donating money to the breast cancer foundation. My grandma died of breast cancer earlier this year and was unable to see us get married, so we will put that money in honor of her. Money to charity is something I have seen a lot of, but if you are doing welcome bags they are already getting a lot of nice things from you!