PDA

View Full Version : Older couple honeymoon ?

yasmina
07-21-2007, 08:09 AM
My dad passed away 1 1/2 years ago - Dec. 05. We all loved him dearly, and my mom was devastated.

She has been very lonely, and has met a wonderful man. They are planning to marry in Oct. Mom was so afraid to tell me and my sister she was even dating, but we are very happy for her. They are like 2 teenagers, and I've never heard my mom giggle before!

They are debating between Vegas and Disney for their honeymoon. Jim (her fiance) has never been to DW and doesn't seem too crazy about the idea, but I think my mom will talk him into it. For at least 5 years before dad died, he had no desire to go to DW. They had been there too many times to count, both with us as kids, and by themselves. I know mom really wants to go back - it's her favorite place in the world.

When we go next week, I'm going to buy them Bride and Groom Mickey ears.

Have you ever seen older couples (late 60's) at DW on their honeymoon? I think it would be wonderful! We always see glowing, happy younger couples, but have never seen an older one.

:bride:

dmslush
07-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Oh, that would be so sweet! My mom has recently started dating, I am so happy that she has found someone who really cares about her (actually been a friend of the family for over 30 years).

Sparkles9306
07-21-2007, 09:25 AM
I think that's a great idea. No matter what age, I think Disney is still magical and romantic for anyone. They should definitely go, it may make them feel like kids again :)

Bethy Lou
07-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Maybe he is leery because it is a place that she went with her first husband and he wants to make new memories with her? I can understand that being an issue, but if it is a place that she loves for herself maybe she can try to persuade him to go without mentioning prior trips that made her happy. If she has not been in a while there are many new things they can do for the first time together. As for the ears, I would love to see an older couple on their honeymoon there, but is it possible he might feel too silly wearing them? My DF put his ears on a baseball cap because he did not like the top hat, but we know some people who would be too embarrassed to wear the ears. If that is the case, they could just wear the buttons. I know if they let it be known they were on their honeymoon they would get so much more magic than us youngins! :rotfl: I really hope she can convince him to go there!

pebblesjnw
07-23-2007, 03:54 PM
My DH and I went on our honeymoon in March of 2006. I saw a ton of people with the ears, some of which weren't even married yet (teenage girls mainly). But nonetheless, we wore our ears (well I wore mine, DH's didn't fit his head so he only wore them to dinner where he knew he wouldn't lose them). We were chosen to be extras in the Indiana Jones stunt show. A few days later an older couple came up to us in the park and said they were at the Indiana Jones show and they saw the ears so they had to go buy some of their own because they were on their anniversary trip and hoped to get chosen for things as well. I don't think it would be weird for them to go on their honeymoon there, it is the happiest place on earth! Definitely have them get the buttons so everyone knows it's their honeymoon and they aren't mistaken for a couple on an anniversary trip :)