PDA

View Full Version : Review July 11 thru July 18

Linda T.
07-20-2007, 08:23 AM
My family (my mom - 75, my daughers -20 and 17, and me - 46) just returned from an 8 day trip to Disney. We ate at several sit down restaurants - some good and some not so good. Following are my reviews:

l. Le Cellier - This was our first time eating at the restaurant and we ate there for supper. The atmosphere is really neat but we were not crazy about the food. We did not like the cheese soup at all. The ceasar salads were good and the steak was delicious. The breadsticks were probably our favorite part of the meal. Service was just O.K. We probably would not go back to Le Cellier. It just wasn't our type of restaurant.

2. Rainforest at Animal Kingdom - We always eat at Rainforest during lunch because my kids love it. I personally think it is to loud in the restaurant but the atmosphere is great. We loved the food here - very large portions. We had quesidellas (sp), nachos, and burgers. Our server was fantastic and we had a great time. We will definitley go back.

3. House of Blues - This is the first time we ate there and we really liked it. We at there for supper and everyone tried something different and it was all very good. We had blackened chicken, chicken strips, catfish nuggets with sweet potato fries and pulled pork. Our service was very good and we enjoyed the atmosphere very much. We would go back here again to eat.

4. Sci-Fi - Every year we go to Sci-Fi at MGM and we like it but not this year. Our waitress was very, very slow and our food was not good. We all got Turkey Clubs and the bread was very hard. So much so that we all ended up just eating the turkey out of it. We ordered onion rings to share as an appetizer and she forgot to bring them until the end of the meal. Also, there was only 6 onion rings in the order which I think is ridiculous. We figured it was a dollar per onion ring. This was by far our worst meal of the week and we won't being going back.

5. Planet Hollywood - This also was a great restaurant with great atmosphere. We all got chicken fajitas and we had the artichoke appetizer. The food was very good and our waitress was excellent. We will definitely go back on our next trip.

6. Crystal Palace Breakfast - We either go to Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace and this year it was Winnie The Pooh's year and it was fantastic. The characters were great. They came to our table as least three times for photos and acting like they were going to marry my daughters. This is the most interaction we have had with any character meal we have went to. It was alot of fun and this is definitely a must do on our trips. The food was buffet style and it was good. Our server was very nice, friendly and attentive.

If anyone has any questions, please ask.

Linda T. :)

Busymom85
07-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the review. What about Le Cellier did you not like, except for the cheese soup? It sounds like the rest of the food was good.

Ron from Michigan
07-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the reviews. I'm also wondering what you did not like about Le Cellier. You say that the steaks were delicious and you loved the breadsticks so I'm wondering why you were not crazy about the food. :)

Linda T.
07-20-2007, 12:01 PM
The steak was delicious but there was very little variety to pick from at the restaurant. I am not a big fan of steak but my mother really wanted to try the restaurant. If you enjoy steak, it is a great restaurant. It just isn't a place I want to go back too. If we would have liked the cheese soup, we would probably go back for lunch but we just didn't like the aged cheddar. I am happy we tried Le Cellier though.

Linda T. :)

scrap disney
07-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks for sharing. My sister wants to go to the House of Blues, so I am glad you enjoyed the experience. I think we'll be eating there in a few weeks.

Schucraig
07-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the reviews!:thumbsup2

Minniespal
07-21-2007, 01:39 AM
Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for posting.

disneymom06
07-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks for posting, I know what you mean about Sci Fi. We had an unpleasant lunch last year, SLOOOOOW service and ice cream brought out with the entree. This year we are just not going. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

tomerin
07-22-2007, 06:50 PM
sorry to hear that your experience at Sci fi wasnt so good. we ate there the same week you were there and honestly our service and food was excelent well mabe except for the spinach artichoke dip. definitly a scratch on our next visit but we wil be back next time

natalielongstaff
07-23-2007, 07:17 AM
thanks for your review :)

wideeyes
07-23-2007, 01:26 PM
thanks for the reviews:)

scottny
07-23-2007, 01:39 PM
6. Crystal Palace Breakfast - We either go to Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace and this year it was Winnie The Pooh's year and it was fantastic. The characters were great. They came to our table as least three times for photos and acting like they were going to marry my daughters. This is the most interaction we have had with any character meal we have went to. It was alot of fun and this is definitely a must do on our trips. The food was buffet style and it was good. Our server was very nice, friendly and attentive."

I agree about CP. I was there on July 13th and it was fantastic. The food was good and the interaction with the characters was great and we were 2 adults eating there.

Tink3Belle
07-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Great review, Thanks!