PDA

View Full Version : Venting!!!!!!!! UPDATE 7/27

party of 3
07-19-2007, 06:51 PM
This is kinda long so bear with me.......

Lets see where do I begin??? We have about 1000 things to do this weekend.
Its my bil's bday party.

Its my bff son's 16th bday party.

My son's friend from school's bday party.

My dh's friends graduation from boot camp party.

Dh made camping reservations.

My bil runs a yearly antique truck and tractor show. All over the world. And this year its in CT.

Yearly craft fair in Sturbridge that my sis and I go to EVERY year.

Ok so DH and I decide that we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and we will take our little man and go camping. That way we won't pic one thing over another and risk anyone bieng upset and just spend some good ole family time together.

So all the being said and my ds comes down with the mystery rash earlier in the week and now it has blossomed into some kind of thing i've never seen before. And he's running a low grade temp. eyes look puffy & red. you can tell he's not feeling well. DH has no personal days so he put in to have the day off with no pay, just so we can have the day together. So tonight I'm making supper and the sky's open. And it is supposed to rain tomorrow. Yup, not kidding. But that's ok, because I told dh we cannot take the man camping if he's not feeling good. Dh agrees. So we are discussing what we can do with him that's low key. So having a nice dinner conversation and my root canal/ capped tooth just snaps right off. Almost swallow it!!!!!! YUP! So I paid $1200.00 for the root canal and $800.00 to cap it and now I have nothing. UUUGGGHHHH. Sister calls and says she can't believe I'm not going to the fair. BIL & SIL call and tell off DH that we are not supporting him and his yearly show. BFF's son calls and says auntie i really want you to be there. DH's friend says his son is looking forward to seeing dh at the boot camp graduation party. ..........UUUUGGGHHHH.
I just want to sit and cry and have a toothless pity party for myself.

thank you everyone for listening to me vent. i just needed to get this off my chest.

PrincessNancy96
07-19-2007, 07:01 PM
:hug: :flower3:

You poor little thing.. this vacation can't come any quicker for you can it...
Well, you need to tell DH to call your BIL/SIL back and say priority 1 is your son and while he has this mysterious rash you will NOT be going to the tractor show and exposing others to it..
Than make the other phone calls stating the same thing.. if they can't understand DS is number 1 than forget about them!
I know easier said than done.. I've been in your spot before on those issues..
As for the root canal/ cap thingy..haven't been there..but I'd call complaining in the AM.. man that just bites big time...

I can hear you yelling "DISNEY TAKE ME AWAY" all the way here in Indiana!

lewdyan1
07-19-2007, 07:12 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: Sorry everything is happening at once. Disney is only 20 days away!:)

party of 3
07-19-2007, 07:35 PM
thanks guys i just needed to vent!

and wow nancy, i can't believe you heard me! i know i was screaming, but did not think it made it all the way to Indiana!

Faerie
07-19-2007, 07:40 PM
You know my grandfather said he heard a strange noise this afternoon - perhaps it was you?

Lots of hugs for you. Its hard when family all want a piece of you. I hope your little guy is felling better soon!

patchchild
07-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Oh...when it rains it pours, doesn't it. Very best wishes to you.

At least tomorrow can't be worse? (knocks on wood)

BernardandMissBianca
07-19-2007, 07:48 PM
thanks guys i just needed to vent!

and wow nancy, i can't believe you heard me! i know i was screaming, but did not think it made it all the way to Indiana!

And here I thought it was thunder! Hugs hon.
Well ya'll can skip everything and bring rash boy, happy camper boy, and toothless girl to my house. I already have a rash so we can share connect the dots pictures, DH can come outside and pitch a tent, and DD likes to poke at peoples teeth so she'll have you fixed up in a jiffy. When she is done with you we'll cricut together. LOL

20 days and counting baby!:cool1: :cool1:

party of 3
07-19-2007, 07:51 PM
You know my grandfather said he heard a strange noise this afternoon - perhaps it was you?
Lots of hugs for you. Its hard when family all want a piece of you. I hope your little guy is felling better soon!

yup it was me!:lmao: thanks!
Oh...when it rains it pours, doesn't it. Very best wishes to you.
At least tomorrow can't be worse? (knocks on wood)

lets hope so. (also knocking on wood) and its not only raining its a monsoon!
thanks for the well wishes!
:grouphug: :grouphug: Sorry everything is happening at once. Disney is only 20 days away!:)

yes, 20 days and they can't come soon enough! thanks

party of 3
07-19-2007, 07:59 PM
And here I thought it was thunder! Hugs hon.
Well ya'll can skip everything and bring rash boy, happy camper boy, and toothless girl to my house. I already have a rash so we can share connect the dots pictures, DH can come outside and pitch a tent, and DD likes to poke at peoples teeth so she'll have you fixed up in a jiffy. When she is done with you we'll cricut together. LOL

20 days and counting baby!:cool1: :cool1:

thanks buffy i needed that! connect the dots!:rotfl:

hi, here's my family,
rashy boy, happy camper boy and i'm the toothless girl. it's nice to meetcha!:lmao:

BernardandMissBianca
07-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Howdy neighbor! ;)
Hey if I love you with rashes, tents, and missing teeth, then we'll love ya on a good day too!

aroyer
07-19-2007, 08:03 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
a group hug for each of you...

party of 3
07-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Howdy neighbor! ;)
Hey if I love you with rashes, tents, and missing teeth, then we'll love ya on a good day too!

why of course i love rashes, tents and missing teeth! doesn't everyone?

party of 3
07-19-2007, 08:17 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
a group hug for each of you...

thank you. we'll take all the hugs we can get. we need them all!

PrincessNancy96
07-19-2007, 09:04 PM
:hugs:
Partyof3...
I'm hollaring for the tagfairy...because that line is SO worthy!!
hi, here's my family,
rashy boy, happy camper boy and i'm the toothless girl. it's nice to meetcha

Lisa
07-19-2007, 09:21 PM
What a group! But yup, we take you as you are!:thumbsup2

StitchIsOurHero
07-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Oh, you poor thing!! I hope tomorrow is a better, brighter day for you and your family--just don't answer the phone! Sending you hugs :grouphug: and pixie dust!! :wizard:

happycampers
07-19-2007, 10:01 PM
:grouphug: It seems to me that everything falls at the same time or we have nothing to do. I know what you mean about having to pick and hurt someone's feelings. I've had similar situations. It stinks. It makes it so hard when people don't try to understand your position and that it is difficult for you.
Now the tooth thing, I hope there is something they can do for you. I'll say a prayer for ya. Did the whole tooth come out? Roots and all? Or just the cap?

New England Eeyore
07-19-2007, 10:19 PM
:grouphug: and :wizard: that tomorrow is better!

kaddjr
07-19-2007, 10:52 PM
:hug: Tomorrow will be a better day!

My mother broke her cap off a couple of weeks ago while we were on vacation (good thing it was the last day). Her dentist was able to fix it the day we got home.

Ya know, I have some outlaws, I mean ILs that are major PITAs. Seemed like nothing I did could please them, so several years ago I QUIT TRYING! It was liberating. You know, the burn your bra type of liberating!;) It felt GOOD! Now whenever they start in with me, I just let what they say roll right off my back and go about my merry little way!:rolleyes1

ddavis860
07-20-2007, 05:56 AM
:wizard: PD for a better day! hope your little guy is feeling better....

I'm with Nancy, tell everyone your little guy is ill, and if they don't like it...tough!!

vanyel
07-20-2007, 07:43 AM
Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. Yes, as someone said, when it rains, it pours! And if they don't understand ds having a rash - they'll get over it! How about some "tea & sympathy"? :goodvibes

AlexWyattMommy
07-20-2007, 08:06 AM
I'll make the pot of tea, vanyel will make the sympathy scones and we will be right over.

Hope your little guy starts to feel better.

Let us know what the dentist says about your cap.

maria34a
07-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Wow, and I thought I had it bad last night when I realized that all my oil was gone and I had to take a cold shower this morning! And all mornings when I have an interview at 8am!!! Yeah, it really was cold!!! However not as bad as what you are dealing with! However I am with everyone else, if people just can't accept the fact that your little one is sick, then they can just go jump in a lake!!! :rotfl2: YOUR family comes first and foremost and believe me, if the same was happening to them, they certaintly wouldn't have a second thought about taking care of their family first!!! So, stick to your guns and lots of pixie dust and hugs to your family!

party of 3
07-20-2007, 09:20 AM
good morning all! today's another day!!!
thanks for all the kind words and well wishes.

let me give you an update...

well the dentist does NOT work on fridays. (to my surprise) so the receptionist said "well she can see you on monday afternoon. that's the best we can do"! well that just stinks i think!

my babycakes is now coughing and sneezing all over the place. what's that about? i'm just thankful its now and not 19 days from now when we are ready to leave for the world. so that's the upside.

my mom called this am and said my niece who's expecting her 3rd baby at the end of august has been in the hospital all night and she's in labor!!!!! and they are trying all they can to stop it. (did not know you can stop mother nature!) so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers please.

dh took the day off (with NO pay mind you) and just wants to do something so he feels as though he has not wasted his day off! i can't see taking my little man camping sneezing, coughing, itching, and all that jazz. plus i'm just waiting for the poops to start. (sorry if that's too much information) but usually when he's sick that's what happens next.

maybe i'll have to put a note on the door that we are "under quarantine" and the men can hang on the couch and i can break out my bug and try to make some tags. what do you all think of that?

PrincessNancy96
07-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Goodness PO3...
I sure hope whatever is in little guys system works it way out with the sneezing, coughing, and other issues! :hug: to the little one!

Prayers and pixie dust to your niece..

As for DH tell him the day isn't wasted.. he is with you and DS!

Break out the bug.. I hear it calling for you from Indiana again!

happycampers
07-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Since your dentist doesn't work on Fridays, did you have an oral surgeon or endodontist that did the root canal that you could call? Are you uncomfortable? Did the tooth break off and leave roots in the gums, or did the whole thing come out?

My dentist found something called internal resorbtion in one of my teeth. Basically, the pulp itself was eating my tooth from the inside out. Anywhooo, they tried root canal, but the problem had reached one of the surfaces, so they couldn't. I ended up at an oral surgeon who removed the tooth and replaced it with an implant. Pretty much a metal post in my jaw that holds a fake tooth. It never comes off and I just care for it like my other teeth. I'm just wondering if that is going to be an option for you.

MissBubbles
07-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Take lots of deep breaths, take care of your son and keep thinking "There's No Place Like - HOME!" or in this case WDW! :woohoo: Wishing you lots of pixie dust this weekend.

Mickster
07-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Holy cow PO3! I'm so sorry for the weekend you are having. Yikes. To be honest, I heard you in PA too. Make a run to the store for chocolate. That always makes me feel better. ;) I mean, DH is home, right?

Yeah, I know. I wouldn't be going to get chocolate if DS was sick either. Well, I am thinking about you. Take a deep breath.:hug:

SusieStone
07-20-2007, 12:08 PM
why of course i love rashes, tents and missing teeth! doesn't everyone?

sounds like my last date...

just kidding.

happycampers
07-20-2007, 12:50 PM
sounds like my last date...

just kidding.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

bobcat
07-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Just keep chanting WDW will be here soon. When it rains it pours.

Hope your little man gets feeling better soon. DD was sick yesterday with a 24 hour bug and it was nasty. She's all chipper today thank goodness and even wants to go scrap with me tonight.

AlexWyattMommy
07-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Hey, how funny. I'm taking my little guy to a scrap tonight. A special Mommy and Me crop.

bobcat
07-20-2007, 03:20 PM
DD's not so little anymore, she loves pointing out that she's now taller than me. There's and ulterior motive, she wants to be with me when I pick up the new HP book. Too bad I get to read it first!

party of 3
07-27-2007, 04:47 PM
well i had to have my tooth pulled today! good grief! i feel like my tongue is 8 times it's normal size. i feel like crap. it's my monthly time.( that might be TMI, sorry) again i feel like crap. sil and bil called to tell me that they are having a bday party on sunday and bring the cake! oh boy! can i just bury my head in the sand. and my mom just called to say dniece is going to have her baby any second and she's like 4 or 5 weeks early.
sorry guys, i just needed to get this all off my chest. thanks for listening!

AlexWyattMommy
07-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Who is the birthday party for that you should have bring the cake???

Sorry about losing the tooth. I'm sitting here in my second temporary cap because the first one didn't seat right. They had to CUT it off!! OMGosh, never again. I just should have had it pulled in the first place. Isn't hindsight great.

Personally I think everything is worse when it is TTM. Things that don't normally bother me will send me into tears if it is the wrong day.

Prayers for your dniece that the baby is healthy and she is fine.

for you:hug:

PrincessNancy96
07-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Good grief.. take some tylenol, grab a nice drink (no alch) and that DS of yours and snuggle in for a good DIS movie and tell the rest of them to all go away!

:hug:

PrincessNancy96
07-27-2007, 05:27 PM
I hope Dnieces delivery goes smoothly!!!

Don't make the cake go buy a cheap one!

party of 3
07-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Who is the birthday party for that you should have bring the cake???

Sorry about losing the tooth. I'm sitting here in my second temporary cap because the first one didn't seat right. They had to CUT it off!! OMGosh, never again. I just should have had it pulled in the first place. Isn't hindsight great.

Personally I think everything is worse when it is TTM. Things that don't normally bother me will send me into tears if it is the wrong day.

Prayers for your dniece that the baby is healthy and she is fine.

for you:hug:

thanks AWM! they told me that root canal teeth only last 10 years. so it was bound to go. good information to share 14 years ago when they did the root canal no? it broke below the gums so they had to cut my gums to get it out! OUCH! dh just went to brooks to get my prescription. and supper for ds and him. none for me thanks. and my bff just had her temporary cap taken off too and she said it was pure he**!

Good grief.. take some tylenol, grab a nice drink (no alch) and that DS of yours and snuggle in for a good DIS movie and tell the rest of them to all go away!

:hug:

i'm thinkin' mulan. ds loves mulan because she blew him a kiss at the parade last time we were there. and he also love mushu. maybe i can talk him into watching it with me.

I hope Dnieces delivery goes smoothly!!!

Don't make the cake go buy a cheap one!

me too! maybe we'll have a new baby tonight! with any luck for her sake!
i'd love to buy a cheap one, but i make killer buttercream frosting. and the surgeon did say eat "soft" food for a few days right????!!!! oooohhhhh buttercream frosting. yumm-o! but to waste it on them??!!

thanks guys for listening!

Faerie
07-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Advil is my best friend during Aunt Flo's visit.

lewdyan1
07-27-2007, 08:38 PM
:wizard: :grouphug:

MomOf2DisneyKids
07-27-2007, 08:56 PM
you need McDreammmmmmmmmy!! :love: :love: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Hope you feel better soon and hope there's some baby news soon!! Hugs!

bearbear
07-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Saying a prayer for a healthy baby. Sorry to hear about your tooth. I absolutely HATE the dentist. I actually have panic attacks before going to the dentist.

Take a deep breath and think of your vacation. That is what is getting me through my days.

BernardandMissBianca
07-27-2007, 09:35 PM
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2007/Mar/22/FPI703220304V1_b.jpg

PrincessNancy96
07-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks BAMB that was the visual I needed to send me off to bed with!
Woohoo!!!

BernardandMissBianca
07-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Thanks BAMB that was the visual I needed to send me off to bed with!
Woohoo!!!

hey, I do what I can. :thumbsup2

party of 3
07-28-2007, 07:48 AM
you need McDreammmmmmmmmy!! :love: :love: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Hope you feel better soon and hope there's some baby news soon!! Hugs!

yes i do! i NEED mcdreamy anytime, anyplace for any situation!
thanks!

Saying a prayer for a healthy baby. Sorry to hear about your tooth. I absolutely HATE the dentist. I actually have panic attacks before going to the dentist.

Take a deep breath and think of your vacation. That is what is getting me through my days.

i actually can handle the dentist, EXCEPT yesterday. i had a complete panic attack when i was there. i usually do ok, but for some reason, not yesterday. :confused3
and you're right, i just keep thinking about vacation!
thanks!!

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2007/Mar/22/FPI703220304V1_b.jpg

oh yeah! there's my mcdreamy!!!!! llllllooooovvvvvveeee him! oh baby!
thanks buffy!

Lisa
07-28-2007, 08:52 AM
Hope your mouth is feeling better, and that all of you is feeling better.

Hoping for an easy delivery for the wee bambino.

party of 3
07-29-2007, 09:34 AM
just an update....

no baby yet......

and my mouth is so swollen, sore and black and blue.....it is more swollen today than yesterday. good grief. i can not believe how ugly it looks. and how much it still hurts. i thought today it would look better and start feeling better and it's seems to be going in the opposite direction. i still have so much to do on our trip and all i want to do is sit and cry. :sad1:

not to mention that i have the big "birthday party" from he** today. oh yuck! i can't even open my mouth big enough to eat, so am i just going to sit there and do nothing?

oooohhhh i am such a grouch! so sorry. just needed to vent some more.

aroyer
07-29-2007, 09:45 AM
sending pixie dust and pain relief!!! pixiedust:

PrincessNancy96
07-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Sending my thoughts, prayers and pixie dust..

To be honest, if I felt like you say you do, I would NOT go. I tell them all to go fly.. and if DH wants to take DS to be nice and give you time to rest.. I'd let him do that.

YodasMom
07-29-2007, 10:41 AM
just an update....

and my mouth is so swollen, sore and black and blue.....it is more swollen today than yesterday. good grief. i can not believe how ugly it looks. and how much it still hurts. i thought today it would look better and start feeling better and it's seems to be going in the opposite direction. i still have so much to do on our trip and all i want to do is sit and cry. :sad1:

Hey.....Sorry to hear you're having so much pain!! That's a bummer. Sounds like you still need to rest.

BUT, nancy Nurse chiming in here....You really should call your dentist by tomorrow if you still having that much pain! Take care of yourself!

K.

bobcat
07-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Hope you get to feeling better!