PDA

View Full Version : Renting an ECV off site. One last question

StrwLady
03-05-2001, 11:57 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been tossing up renting an ECV off site. I can see the many advantages to it. But I have one more question before I make my final descision.

Are all the buses equiped with a the wheel chair lift. If not usually how long did you have to wait for another bus?

Thanks all
Jamie

lisapooh
03-06-2001, 12:44 PM
95% of the buses are lift equipped. The longest you might wait would be 20 minutes but the drivers often radio that there is a wheelchair waiting if they aren't lift equipped so the bus gets there faster.

Pooh Bear

SueM in MN
03-06-2001, 12:59 PM
Our experience has been the same as lisapooh. We've been coming to WDW for 12 years with our daughter who uses a wheelchair. We occasionally have had to wait extra for a wheelchair bus, especially at closing time at DD. But the drivers and dispatchers have done a good job of sending a lift bus for us when that happens.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES (http://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=frm&s=40009993&f=38009194)

StrwLady
03-06-2001, 01:35 PM
Thanks for your quick response. I just placed my order with Walker Mobility. I does seem that it will be a great advantage to renting one off site.

Thanks again
Jamie