PDA

View Full Version : Paprikians

Cruz Family
07-17-2007, 12:45 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Regina
07-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Sure, go ahead and yuk it up. I'm half Hungarian (aka the Paprika people.) The only spice my grandmother ever used was paprika. Between that and my Italian Grandma's sauce, I never knew food came in any other color but red.

On behalf of my ancestors, I'm deeply and profoundly hurt by today's podcast. :furious: (Just see if anyone gets the family recipe for Chicken Paprikash after this affront to my heritage.) ;)

Cruz Family
07-17-2007, 03:27 PM
My DH is Puerto Rican, he was just a insulted. Oh, I almost posted my DH's favorite joke about his heritage, but I am sure it would offend someone (probably someone who is not even Puerto Rican:lmao: ) . Thats okay I really do prefer to insult in person anyway!:confused3

fav's=mets&mickey
07-17-2007, 03:34 PM
My DH is Puerto Rican, he was just a insulted. Oh, I almost posted my DH's favorite joke about his heritage, but I am sure it would offend someone (probably someone who is not even Puerto Rican:lmao: ) . Thats okay I really do prefer to insult in person anyway!:confused3

Would Paprika be good with Mickey Burgers and Mickey Milk.......:confused3

fav's=mets&mickey
07-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Sure, go ahead and yuk it up. I'm half Hungarian (aka the Paprika people.) The only spice my grandmother ever used was paprika. Between that and my Italian Grandma's sauce, I never knew food came in any other color but red.

On behalf of my ancestors, I'm deeply and profoundly hurt by today's podcast. :furious: (Just see if anyone gets the family recipe for Chicken Paprikash after this affront to my heritage.) ;)

Do they have Paprika in CostaGuateMexiRico Too.

Cool-Beans
07-17-2007, 08:23 PM
http://www.gazehound.com/graphic/salt_pep.gif
http://www.gazehound.com/graphic/paprika.gifOn behalf of Mr. Salt, Mrs. Pepper and baby Paprika, I am offended.

pklein09
07-18-2007, 08:28 PM
I got a few funny looks on the train when I laughed out loud at this one.

Oh... I mean... I'm offended too!

shovan
07-19-2007, 02:10 AM
Really LOL funny!!!!

DVC Kathy
07-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Hey, I'm 1/4th Hungarian (my grandmother was born there) and I'm insulted too!

Mostly I'm insulted about putting paprika on a pickle. Seems like a good way to ruin both of them. :confused3

disneydude91
07-19-2007, 03:34 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

AuroraJae
07-19-2007, 10:11 PM

Boo Hoo Hoo!! Poor Regina! :sad1:
:rotfl2: :lmao:
You know I luv you! :hug:

BTW, could I get that recipe?:woohoo:

Regina
07-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Boo Hoo Hoo!! Poor Regina! :sad1:
:rotfl2: :lmao:
You know I luv you! :hug:

BTW, could I get that recipe?:woohoo:

Trust me, Chicken Paprikash is one dish you don't want to make. Picture chicken in a bowl swimming in a nasty white sauce which has been liberally sprinkled with paprika.

True story. When I was little, my Mom was in the hospital and my Dad's folks came from New York city to the wilderness of Bergen County, NJ to watch us. ;) Well, Grandpa made his signature dish, Chicken Paprikash.

To this day I remember looking at that mess and worse, knowing I had to eat it. :scared1: This was 45+ years ago. It was so bad that I've never been able to forget it. (Lord knows, I've tried.) :eek:

Cruz Family
07-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Trust me, Chicken Paprikash is one dish you don't want to make. Picture chicken in a bowl swimming in a nasty white sauce which has been liberally sprinkled with paprika.

True story. When I was little, my Mom was in the hospital and my Dad's folks came from New York city to the wilderness of Bergen County, NJ to watch us. ;) Well, Grandpa made his signature dish, Chicken Paprikash.

To this day I remember looking at that mess and worse, knowing I had to eat it. :scared1: This was 45+ years ago. It was so bad that I've never been able to forget it. (Lord knows, I've tried.) :eek:

Oh Regina.......That is awful, awful funny!!!:rotfl2:

SamIAm21
07-26-2007, 07:28 PM
I got a few funny looks on the train when I laughed out loud at this one.

We may be on different trains, but I got some strange looks too, when I bust out laughing over the paprikans and the orange pickle. That appetizer sounded HORRIBLE!