PDA

View Full Version : Can you imagine???

lewdyan1
07-16-2007, 07:40 PM
What would happen if this whole group got to gether in one room and tried to have a convesation?:confused3

I was just reading the To Whom It May Concern thread it starts all serious and then we are discussing height and cars???:rotfl: :rotfl:

StitchIsOurHero
07-16-2007, 07:43 PM
That's why I love it--it's like "real conversation" in a room with friends!! :)

New England Eeyore
07-16-2007, 08:42 PM
I was thinking the same thing!

BernardandMissBianca
07-16-2007, 09:09 PM
ya'll are coming to the WDW scrapfest next year right????

kaddjr
07-16-2007, 10:11 PM
ya'll are coming to the WDW scrapfest next year right????

When??? I'm trying to talk DH into letting me do a girls only weekend w/my mom (he says if I go to the world, I have to take him w/me:rolleyes2 ).

Oh, and I must confess, I read that post on Saturday and it didn't really hit me what it was about until I read the other related post from today and THEN RE-READ Buffy's post! DUH!!!!:rolleyes1

BernardandMissBianca
07-16-2007, 10:26 PM
When??? I'm trying to talk DH into letting me do a girls only weekend w/my mom (he says if I go to the world, I have to take him w/me:rolleyes2 ).

Oh, and I must confess, I read that post on Saturday and it didn't really hit me what it was about until I read the other related post from today and THEN RE-READ Buffy's post! DUH!!!!:rolleyes1

August 21-24th www.dreameventsinc.com

HEHE That is what her card said. I was trying to be discreet. LOL

AlexWyattMommy
07-17-2007, 06:30 AM
I am going to be there already!!

Yes, my DH said we could go to WDW the week before school starts and school will start the 25th that year.

I'm pretty sure I'll get the raised eyebrow if I ask to spend boocoo bucks to scrap while at Disney, but I'm sure he will be okay if I leave to go meet you all at one of the parks or the hotel to eat with you.

PrincessNancy96
07-17-2007, 08:45 AM
I wish I could go...but we have just started school and all the sports events... waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!
BAMB, tell Buffy to hook up a webcam and we'll conference me in!!!

BernardandMissBianca
07-17-2007, 09:33 AM
I wish I could go...but we have just started school and all the sports events... waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!
BAMB, tell Buffy to hook up a webcam and we'll conference me in!!!

you're coming and that is the end of it. DH can handle sports and school for 2 days.

kaddjr
07-17-2007, 09:40 AM
August 21-24th www.dreameventsinc.com

That's what I thought you were talking about. Sounds like a great time! Don't know how much scrapping I'd get done...I'd want to be in the parks riding rides and taking pictures!:rotfl: Can't you get convention tickets for this for 4pm and later? I could scrap during the day and hit the parks in the evening...;) I'll have to work on DH. IIRC, we've talked about this sort of thing before and he was okay with it.:rolleyes:

HEHE That is what her card said. I was trying to be discreet. LOL

Yep, I got that after I figured out what you were saying in your post!:rolleyes1 My brain has been in major ditz mode since we've returned from vacation.:sad2:

AlexWyattMommy
07-17-2007, 09:47 AM
you're coming and that is the end of it. DH can handle sports and school for 2 days.

If I wasn't already going to be there for five days, I'd swing over and pick her up. Although, all those hours in the back of a minivan with my two boys may have her wishing for sports & school. :rotfl:

kaddjr
07-17-2007, 09:51 AM

That's what I'm thinking!!! DH, grandpa (my dad), and grandma (mom- if she doesn't go) can hold down the fort while I'm away. As long as I have a schedule and possible car pool arrangements made ahead of time (football would be my only conflict at this point), they will be fine!;)

kaddjr
07-17-2007, 09:53 AM
If I wasn't already going to be there for five days, I'd swing over and pick her up. Although, all those hours in the back of a minivan with my two boys may have her wishing for sports & school. :rotfl:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Seriously, I could pick her up on my way to the airport!:)

PrincessNancy96
07-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Yep, the airport is only 20 minutes from my house!

BernardandMissBianca
07-17-2007, 10:52 AM
I am going to be there already!!

Yes, my DH said we could go to WDW the week before school starts and school will start the 25th that year.

I'm pretty sure I'll get the raised eyebrow if I ask to spend boocoo bucks to scrap while at Disney, but I'm sure he will be okay if I leave to go meet you all at one of the parks or the hotel to eat with you.

just break away for one day, you can pay for a single day at the crop. And we should definitely get together for lunch or dinner. Hmmm where to go????? Whispering Canyon could be fun. UM yes, table for 50 please.....

BernardandMissBianca
07-17-2007, 10:56 AM
That's what I thought you were talking about. Sounds like a great time! Don't know how much scrapping I'd get done...I'd want to be in the parks riding rides and taking pictures!:rotfl: Can't you get convention tickets for this for 4pm and later? I could scrap during the day and hit the parks in the evening...;) I'll have to work on DH. IIRC, we've talked about this sort of thing before and he was okay with it.:rolleyes:

yeah the tickets are either after 2 or after 4, which works out. Scrap while it's hot out and then hit the parks.
I think I'm bringing mom this time or just me. DH can keep the kids. I need to see if Lisa is going to drive or fly. We can go together.

Sometime in August I'm going to start an interest thread so we can get an idea of who will share rooms, who is going with family and spouses etc.
I want to make t-shirts and maybe some Scubbie shirts or scrapper widow shirts for the guys.

Faerie
07-17-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm so going to be interested.

PrincessNancy96
07-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Ok, is this Aug 2008??? If so, I will talk to DH and see if he would be okay with it.. I know this year is out.. while I have the funds.. it's for our family trip in May...

BernardandMissBianca
07-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Ok, is this Aug 2008??? If so, I will talk to DH and see if he would be okay with it.. I know this year is out.. while I have the funds.. it's for our family trip in May...

this year it's in Sept and my kids are already in school and DH can't handle that routine! At least during vacation they don't have to go anywhere, I'll just stock the pantry and buy some new movies and they will be fine.

You have to go Nancy, it would be like losing my right arm if you weren't there.

kaddjr
07-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Yep, the airport is only 20 minutes from my house!

See, there ya go! (I figured you weren't too far from it) I'll pick you up and drop you off- one less thing your DH has to worry about!;)

I'm going to have a serious talk with DH tonight about this when he gets home.:thumbsup2

Faerie
07-17-2007, 12:56 PM
that time of year there is usually decent resident discounts at the values too... anyone know where this would be held? OH and my AP will still be valid

BernardandMissBianca
07-17-2007, 12:56 PM
and don't forget that there are several different packages, like nancy could go from Friday night to Sunday. Someone else local could do Sat/Sun I will probably do Thursday to Sunday this time.

And the more people you room with the cheaper the cost.

BernardandMissBianca
07-17-2007, 01:01 PM
that time of year there is usually decent resident discounts at the values too... anyone know where this would be held? OH and my AP will still be valid

I think next year it will be at the Yacht Club.

BernardandMissBianca
07-17-2007, 01:02 PM
yep, the pic is of the Yacht Club.

Faerie
07-17-2007, 01:02 PM
This year for that time period, values are $64 a night for residents. Mods are $94.

PrincessNancy96
07-17-2007, 01:15 PM
I'll talk to DH.. I definitely will have to make sure kaddjr goes.. I'm not a solo flyer by any means.. I'll need someone to talk to... going up is my biggest fear.. landing I'm okay with... if it's 2008.. I can handle that... now will my kids?

PrincessNancy96
07-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Kaddjr.. did you see it's coming here in 2008...10/31-11/2... you could stay with me...and it'll only cost whatever to get in.... anyone else wanna come over? LOL

AlexWyattMommy
07-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Whispering Canyon would be perfect. We are planning on Wilderness Lodge again, so I'll be right there if, for some reason, my boys just had to see that my imaginary friends were real people.

BernardandMissBianca
07-17-2007, 01:29 PM
I'll talk to DH.. I definitely will have to make sure kaddjr goes.. I'm not a solo flyer by any means.. I'll need someone to talk to... going up is my biggest fear.. landing I'm okay with... if it's 2008.. I can handle that... now will my kids?

they better get used to the idea!!!

Kaddjr.. did you see it's coming here in 2008...10/31-11/2... you could stay with me...and it'll only cost whatever to get in.... anyone else wanna come over? LOL

I am sooo going to try to be there. DH can call it an early birthday present. I just have to pay for space too, I can stay with you! nothing like inviting myself over or anything

BernardandMissBianca
07-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Whispering Canyon would be perfect. We are planning on Wilderness Lodge again, so I'll be right there if, for some reason, my boys just had to see that my imaginary friends were real people.

I figure that would be a great place for 30-50 women to hang out and eat.
Should I go through grand gatherings to book any dining reservations?

AlexWyattMommy
07-17-2007, 01:44 PM

Hey, I got a sleeping bag. Can I join?

AlexWyattMommy
07-17-2007, 01:45 PM
I figure that would be a great place for 30-50 women to hang out and eat.
Should I go through grand gatherings to book any dining reservations?

I think the gg people only work with you if you have room reservations for eight or more people. Which if enough of you are staying on sight, it should be doable.

PrincessNancy96
07-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey, I got a sleeping bag. Can I join?

I have extra beds.. :) Come on over!!! ;)

BernardandMissBianca
07-17-2007, 02:04 PM
I need to start prepping DH now. Him and Halloween alone will not be a pretty sight.....

kaddjr
07-17-2007, 04:59 PM

Hey, I just may pull this one off!!!:banana: Started talking to DH, he gave me his look (we don't have an icon for that!)...the more info I gave him, the more he warmed up to the idea. He was thinking I was talking about THIS fall...so, he liked the idea of having more time to plan this, which is good! So we are looking at 3 options right now and he told me to price out each option. AND since the kiddos might be a bit miffed at me leaving them at home (they LOVE Disney), DH started talking about a possible Christmas 08 trip, instead of waiting until July 09.:banana:

DH does think it may be a good thing for me to get away with my DIS friends. When he asked me how I was getting to the airport, I said, "I'll drive, of course. I'll pick Nancy up, I'll park the van, and we'll get on the plane. When we get back, I'll drop her at her house, then come home. It's no big deal!;) ":rotfl:

So, start working on your kiddos and DH Nancy! Hope you don't mind flying SW airlines?:)

kaddjr
07-17-2007, 05:00 PM

Yes, I saw that- may take you up on that!:)

PrincessNancy96
07-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Hey, I just may pull this one off!!!:banana: Started talking to DH, he gave me his look (we don't have an icon for that!)...the more info I gave him, the more he warmed up to the idea. He was thinking I was talking about THIS fall...so, he liked the idea of having more time to plan this, which is good! So we are looking at 3 options right now and he told me to price out each option. AND since the kiddos might be a bit miffed at me leaving them at home (they LOVE Disney), DH started talking about a possible Christmas 08 trip, instead of waiting until July 09.:banana:

DH does think it may be a good thing for me to get away with my DIS friends. When he asked me how I was getting to the airport, I said, "I'll drive, of course. I'll pick Nancy up, I'll park the van, and we'll get on the plane. When we get back, I'll drop her at her house, then come home. It's no big deal!;) ":rotfl:

So, start working on your kiddos and DH Nancy! Hope you don't mind flying SW airlines?:)

SW.. .SW.. Did you say SW.. SW is my friend..they have great great great rates!!!

Ok, I need pricing on this.. what does the scrap retreat thingy cost? I need figures.. I'm blonde..couldn't find them on the quick glance..but of course that was because KIDS were YELLING again! I'll start working on DH tonight! He'll given in.. He always does.. He loves me!

New England Eeyore
07-17-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm so excited for this. I'll definitely be going solo so I'll be looking for roommates. But I still would want a Scrubbie shirt for DH even if he can't be there!

BernardandMissBianca
07-17-2007, 08:14 PM
here are the packages for this year. I'm not sure if they will be the exact same as this year but they should be close. The more people you share a room with the cheaper it is for all of you.

http://dreameventsinc.com/eventpackages.cfm?EventID=11

Lisa
07-18-2007, 05:21 AM
I need to see if Lisa is going to drive or fly.

Flying, baby, flying!

patchchild
07-18-2007, 05:56 AM
Not fair!!!! I am so desperately in need of a Disney fix. Right now I'd be happy planning for any trip, no matter how far out. I'll take a three year planning time if I have to. Unfortunately, no trips in the near future for me. DH has to finish school and get a "real job" so we can go back to having vacations. You ladies are going to make me so completely jealous.

aroyer
07-18-2007, 06:51 AM
Patchchild- I feel your pain! DH was in school (undergrad and grad) for the first 8 years of our marriage. We went on our first official vacation last August!

I asked DH last night if I could go next September and he said "why don't we all go?" :banana: AWM we may be at Wilderness Lodge too- we stayed there last August and fell in love! :love:

YodasMom
07-18-2007, 07:36 AM
Ooooohhhh!!!! Just saw this! I'm trying to stay off the boards as much as possible to get some swaps done!

I wish I could come...Don't know that I could afford it with International competition in Hawaii in Nov 2008....that's just 2 1/2 months before I leave. Waaahhhh!!

kaddjr
07-18-2007, 07:53 AM
SW.. .SW.. Did you say SW.. SW is my friend..they have great great great rates!!!

Ok, I need pricing on this.. what does the scrap retreat thingy cost? I need figures.. I'm blonde..couldn't find them on the quick glance..but of course that was because KIDS were YELLING again! I'll start working on DH tonight! He'll given in.. He always does.. He loves me!

Pricing is gonna depend on how long you want to be down there. Do you have an idea on what day you will want to leave and come home? Then, will you want to share a room with 1, 2, or 3 people? Once you make a decision on those things, then you can move onto pricing which options you want.

DH just called and gave me the green light to go. We had toyed w/the idea of him taking a couple of days off work to tag along and he had mentioned taking the kids also ("But what would I do all day while you scrap?" Me-"You COULD come scrap w/me!" Him-":eek: :headache: Uh, I don't think that would work for me!" Me-"Okay, do anything you want within reason."). After sleeping on it, he doesn't want to yank the kids out of school for a day or two that early in the year and has decided that he and the kids will just stay home. He just requests that I keep the costs reasonable, be home by sometime the following Monday, and I bring back a couple of good souvies for he and the kids.:thumbsup2

So Nancy, I'm pretty flexible at this point. LMK what you want to do (no pressure- we've got plenty of time!):)

PrincessNancy96
07-18-2007, 08:16 AM
I will look into everything.. DH said it would be okay... provided I leave a list...and keep the costs reasonable... (no problem, I'm a cheap girl.. CS for me!)

PrincessNancy96
07-18-2007, 08:19 AM
I'd definitely have to be back on Monday...

kaddjr
07-18-2007, 08:37 AM
No problem- we could try to get a late Sunday afternoon/evening flight back.:)

Mickster
07-18-2007, 08:45 AM
How did I miss this entire thread? I don't know. Anyway, I just got a part time job (20 hours/week working from home...). My DH thinks it is to help with bills and college savings (that sort of boring thing...). I know it is to support my Disney habit. It is paying for my trip in January. Maybe it will be paying for a mommy only trip in August. Hmmmm. I'll have to think on that!

BernardandMissBianca
07-18-2007, 10:34 AM
don't forget too that some of the packages includes I think dinner each day.

If we ship some breakfast type food down than we only need tickets and money for lunch.

I'm going to do some more research and get back to you.

PrincessNancy96
07-18-2007, 11:00 AM
don't forget too that some of the packages includes I think dinner each day.

If we ship some breakfast type food down than we only need tickets and money for lunch.

I'm going to do some more research and get back to you.

I'll let you do the leg work on this one... DD is still working on one more poster.. couldn't get photos yesterday because of the storms... so we have to do that today and get them printed, matted, and the poster will be done!

BernardandMissBianca
07-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm going to e-mail them to see when the prices will be available for next year. It may not be til after 2007 is completed.

Faerie
07-18-2007, 11:30 AM
I need roomies! I'll sleep on the floor :D I can sleep anywhere (I always amaze DBF with how easily I fall asleep :lol: )

PrincessNancy96
07-18-2007, 11:43 AM
I definitely have to have roomies!!! I'll sleep anywhere too.. as long as I have electric, indoor plumbing.. I'm a happy little person!!! :) Camping is NOT my fortee...but I'm envious of those who can do it..and love it.. (bad experience as a pre-teen...said I'd never do it again unless it was in a cabin w/ electric and plumbing!)

kaddjr
07-18-2007, 03:48 PM
I'll need at least one roomie here also. I have a ???- those of us flying in for this, will we be able to use ME?

BernardandMissBianca
07-18-2007, 05:13 PM
I'll need at least one roomie here also. I have a ???- those of us flying in for this, will we be able to use ME?
not sure but I don't see why not. I could make ressies for everything else, food, etc.
I'll look into it. Keep the questions coming.

BernardandMissBianca
07-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Oh and the crop end around 3pm on Sunday so a lot of us could fly out Sunday night and be home for school/work on Monday.

BernardandMissBianca
07-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Posed to ME question on the SDV board. Hopefully I will hear something back soon. If not I will call WDW.

aroyer
07-18-2007, 05:52 PM
I definitely want to research and get more info on this. I cant quite wrap my head around it yet- DH said we should go, but I cant concentrate until after my last day of work (August 3rd :banana: ).

kaddjr
07-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Oh and the crop end around 3pm on Sunday so a lot of us could fly out Sunday night and be home for school/work on Monday.

That's kinda what I was thinking- fly out Sunday night. That way if I decided to skip the crop on Sunday, I would have time to hit a park, maybe DTD, relax by the pool...It's really gonna depend on what's going on at the time, however, a later flight would allow for that.

BernardandMissBianca
07-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Since there is so much interest in this I'm going to go ahead and start a new thread and see if Dyan can sticky it. I'll do it here in the living room.

kaddjr
07-18-2007, 05:58 PM
not sure but I don't see why not. I could make ressies for everything else, food, etc.
I'll look into it. Keep the questions coming.

Just trying to get my ducks in a row.;)