PDA

View Full Version : Sock Recommendations

Disneymoon
07-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Does anyone have a rec for good moisture wicking socks? I am planning to alternate shoes while at Disney this August... tennis shoes, Croc MaryJanes, and Reef sandals... and I need some good socks to wear with my tennis shoes. I hate the sweaty sock feeling :mad:

Bonus points if the price is low :yay:

ZoZo
07-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Give Target a try. I bought some there that were very comfortable.

Mrs Grumpy
07-15-2007, 04:21 PM
I bought some from a sporting goods store. They are running socks (very expensive for socks when I am used to Wal-mart prices) and are thinner on top and have a padded arch for support. They worked out great wearing them on our last WDW trip.

solferino
07-15-2007, 06:25 PM
DH is an avid runner and biker and swears by the smartwool socks. It's all he wears now. They are a bit more expensive but last forever. Sometimes you can get good deals through campmor.com or sierratradingpost.com

arminnie
07-15-2007, 06:53 PM
DH is an avid runner and biker and swears by the smartwool socks. It's all he wears now. They are a bit more expensive but last forever. Sometimes you can get good deals through campmor.com or sierratradingpost.comMy sister and I are both smartwool converts. They are the BEST socks over. I was a Thorlo person for decades, but the Smartwool socks are better.

Peaches1111_00
07-17-2007, 10:31 AM
I have some Fox Racing socks that I absolutely love. They are tight fitting and are slightly thicker in some spots for padding. These are designed for people that race dirt bikes and 4wheelers. I love them in my tennis shoes. I find they also prevent the "folded sock" feeling (for lack of a better term lol). I can't stand to have my socks folded or wrinkled in my shoes in any way. Since these socks are tight, you don't have to worry about that. I don't think they pull sweat away from your feet though.

dyna
07-17-2007, 01:30 PM
The diabetic socks are comfy no seams either which always tended to be where I'd end up with blisters. Even with the diabetic socks I still change socks and shoes mid day.

PigletsPal
07-17-2007, 06:49 PM
My sister and I are both smartwool converts. They are the BEST socks over. I was a Thorlo person for decades, but the Smartwool socks are better.

Would you mine telling me where you buy them from.

arminnie
07-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Would you mine telling me where you buy them from.I often get the Smartwool socks at Sierra Trading online - they are hit and miss though.

I got this link today from Amazing Socks who I have used before - they are having a 20% off sale.

http://www.amazingsocks.com/web-smartwool--category-2A1A73A1A0A0-brand.htm (http://www.amazingsocks.com/web-smartwool--category-2A1A73A1A0A0-brand.htm)

The socks are very expensive, but oh so worth it.

Many sporting goods stores carry them also.

PigletsPal
07-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the info. They happen to be out of the ones I want at this time, but I will bookmark it and hope to try them out soon.

kato0627
07-17-2007, 08:59 PM
I would forget about socks and buy CROCS.. They are great in the world.Just my .O2
Have a great time.