PDA

View Full Version : How to get best "deal" for vacation pkg?

htegler
07-15-2007, 11:16 AM
My DH and I are in the beginnig stages of planning and saving for a trip to the world. His first ever and the first for me since Epcot opened. This is in celebration of a successful liver tranplant operation that happened last August. It was one of the things we dreamed of for the 5 years while we waited for it to happen. Reading these boards has told me that early planning is a must. We plan to stay on property and the one request from my DH is to have the dining plan included. He is diabetic so, eating on a regular schedule is a good thing. My question is, must the dining plan be part of a package or can we go about buying everything separately? Any advise as to the best way (aka saving the most money)to buy all the components would be greatly appreciated. One other question would be about airfare. We live in Washington state ( well actually Vancouver, WA - which is like being a suburb of Portland, Oregon) Does anyone having any tips as to which carrier to try and book airfare? Once we have tackled this part I am sure I will be back to ask about planning spreadsheats and other hints for once we actually get there. Thanks everyone!

SnowWhite12
07-15-2007, 11:27 PM
First of all, Praise God for the transplant and that all is well!! Second, we booked our rooms and tickets separately through WDW over the phone, and they still offered us the dining plan, as an add-on. (Although we didn't get it; we don't like feeling pressured to have to make dinner ressies---it's not required but smart depending on what time of year you go). We have always found it much cheaper to book room and tickets separately and not as a package. If your schedule is flexible, I really recommend early-mid November. Weather is great (somedays warm and some on the cool side, but we enjoy that), and there is no crowd (just make sure you don't go on Soap Opera Weekend to avoid the crowds then). We just walked right onto every ride. We also like staying at the Value Resorts to save money, because we are only in the room to sleep. I am soooo excited for you!