PDA

View Full Version : Combining tickets and resort ID

Claroquesi
07-14-2007, 07:25 AM
Heres my delema..I bought tickets and they were shipped to me, they are the paper kind. We are staying on property and I want to know if I can have my paper tickets put on the plastic resort key/chargecard they give you. It would be easier and more durable than the paper tickets. Can it be done and how?

Debi
07-14-2007, 07:16 PM
This can be done. Just take your tickets and room keys to your resort concierge desk, and they'll be able to assist.

Enjoy your trip!

ss0414
07-15-2007, 05:50 AM
If I can give you some advice regarding this matter....we just returned and did the same. I had all of the kids tickets placed on their room keys. The next day we went to MK and they were rejected. We had to go to Guest Services and get a courtesy day ticket. We waited at Guest Services quite a long time. Then, when I returned to the hotel, the cast member who fixed the problem for us, initially had a problem finding the tickets in the system. That whole issue took quite a long time. She eventually found the tickets in the computer system after a few phone calls. To prevent this from happening to you, you need to request a print out of your control number for the tickets. This way, if the same issue happens to you, you can simply hand the person at the desk the control numbers and they will be brought up in the computer system immediately.
Hopefully, it won't happen to you.

WillCAD
07-15-2007, 07:14 AM
It can be done, although not every front desk CM knows how (they all know how to put tickets you boght as part of a package onto the room keys, but they don't all know how to add tickets bought separately to room keys.)

ss0414's experience is a great cautionary tale, however. The plastic cards used for Key To The World (KTTW) cards at WDW may seem more durable than the "paper" tickets (they are actually Tyvec, a near-indestructable Mylar product with paper coating), but in reality they are far more fragile in some ways.

The plastic cards used by WDW have an abysmal record of becoming de-magnetized and not working. You will hear all kinds of theories as to why this happens, from stacking them face-to-face to alien death rays, but the most popular explainations are magnetic purse or wallet clasps, and the dreaded cell phones. Personally, I think static electricity caused by friction from putting the cards in and out of pockets or lanyards is the major culprit, but that doesn't matter.

What matters is that every time your card demagnetizes, you will have to go to Guest Relations and stand in a line to get courtesy day tickets, then stand in yet another line when you get back to your hotel to get new KTTW cards issued.

The Tyvec tickets, on the other hand, have much more robust magnetic strips which rarely demagnetize. Oh, I know you're probably worried about ripping them or getting them wet, but all you have to do to keep them safe is buy a $1 neck lanyard with plastic pouch from WalMart and keep your KTTW card and ticket in it (along with any FastPass slips you might pick up), and they will be kapt flat, dry, and in a very convenient location for easy access.

Forget about coding the tickets onto your KTTW cards; it can be more hassle than it's worth.

Claroquesi
07-15-2007, 06:15 PM
These were very helpful stories. I'm now thinking that this may indeed be more trouble than it`s worth and just buy the lanyard. I didn`t know the tickets were so durable and would like to save my waiting around in line time for the rides.

Thanks again!