PDA

View Full Version : Hate Speech Infects DIS Podcast?

rsauer
07-10-2007, 06:01 PM
As a new listener to the DIS podcast, I am eager to hear the news about all things Disney. I am a frequent visitor and have been a DVC member since 1993. And I have enjoyed the podcast. However, today I was chagrined to hear about seven minutes in the 7/10 podcast that were extremely offensive. The comments by the podcast crew involved the immigration ceremonies on July 4 at Magic Kingdom. This was not a single misspoken word ala Imus, but an ongoing chuckle and guffaw session mocking efforts of immigrants to become citizens.

Even after the main topic was exhausted on of the moderators managed to use the word "immigrants" as an all-purpose punchline for some later efforts at jokes. I am sorry I cannot attach specific names to specific comments but as you allowed it to go on so long, you all deserve blame.

The section of which I write is especially egregious within a context of a podcast that takes itself so seriously on solemn topics such as "What ticket media are best for a family of four?" and "Why aren't there more perks with annual passes?" I guess citizenship and Disney efforts to acknowledge legal paths to it do not quite meet your standards.

In the future, I urge you to at least have the decency to push the pause button whenever you have a xenophobic moment or have reason to reflect on Florida's southern heritage. Better yet, maybe the DIS podcast staffers needs a little sensitivity session so it will realize that their time at WDW is enhanced by the servers, housekeepers, and park employees who may have lived somewhere else before coming to the United States. As DIS is also affiliated with a travel bureau, I feel that your attitudes that are very unprofessional and could be disastrous to your future business.

Your program today was tacky, offensive, and very contrary to the best Disney traditions.

Disneybridein2k3
07-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Well said, rsauer. Glad you had the guts to speak out. Sorry guys (and Julie) but I have to agree. It wasn't particularly offensive to me because it wasn't directed at me or my family but I can certainly see how one could be offended. I am a big fan of the show and love the "punchy" comradery but those few minutes would best to have been edited out. Keep your potential audience in mind, guys - you never know who your next "fan" might be.

disneynutz
07-10-2007, 07:40 PM
I didn't get the impression that they were laughing and making negative comments at/or about the people or the ceremony. It seemed to me that they were all tired and maybe out in the sun too long. One person got silly and it spread to the group. The same thing happens to Bob on every pod cast. Bob seems like a great guy that needs to be treated with more respect. One person makes a funny about Bob, then another, and another. I'm sure that this is just a misunderstanding.

Tissa
07-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Sorry I do not agree with the op.

I do not believe they meant anything by it.

cocowum
07-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Obviously, you don't listen to the podcasts. If you did, you'd realize that they are just busting Bob's chops!!!
It's what they do!!!
Funny, that this was the OP's first post...Can anyone say Troll?:stir:

cinderella73
07-10-2007, 08:26 PM
I must agree. I didnt think they were doing anything other than having a case of the giggles. Havent we all had those? I think there were just laughing at Bob in general and they way he said things. ( btw I think you do a great job BOB!:>) There was no words spoken against immigrants . Just giggles and that was geared really toward Bob. IMHO Anyone who listens to the podcasts would know better than to think they would be mean like that. As a podcast listener I felt I have come to know them as a caring group of individuals that have made every effort to help all kinds of people .We have the fortune of getting to listen to a great group of people entertain us all every week. People need to lighten up. If a mean comment was made I would not defend them. BUt there wasnt! I am very against racisim ! And I would be the first here protesting. But people need to lighten up. Its that kind of OVER sensitivity that causes real issues where there NONE in the first place.

Mickey Mongoose
07-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Once you listen to more of the shows you will soon realize that the podcast team is anything but xenophobic.

Please don't take offense, but perhaps you need to laugh a bit more. Life will become more enjoyable!

edit: Well said cinderella73!

cocowum
07-10-2007, 08:47 PM
I must agree. I didnt think they were doing anything other than having a case of the giggles. Havent we all had those? I think there were just laughing at Bob in general and they way he said things. ( btw I think you do a great job BOB!:>) There was no words spoken against immigrants . Just giggles and that was geared really toward Bob. IMHO Anyone who listens to the podcasts would know better than to think they would be mean like that. As a podcast listener I felt I have come to know them as a caring group of individuals that have made every effort to help all kinds of people .We have the fortune of getting to listen to a great group of people entertain us all every week. People need to lighten up. If a mean comment was made I would not defend them. BUt there wasnt! I am very against racisim ! And I would be the first here protesting. But people need to lighten up. Its that kind of OVER sensitivity that causes real issues where there NONE in the first place.

Well said!!!:thumbsup2

mommyceratops
07-10-2007, 11:48 PM
They did not and were not making fun of anyone! It was a case of the giggles. Move on.

Maggi May
07-11-2007, 06:15 AM
Hate speech? No.

We've probably all goofed around with friends before saying things that weren't exactly appropriate to say.

But I have to agree with DisneyBridein2k3 that those minutes might have best been edited out. I enjoy the punchy comraderie of the show and certainly don't think that the Podcast crew is xenophobic or intolerant. However, some of the comments ("Did you yell racist slurs . . . Go back to Guatemala!") made me cringe.

However, I still love the show and don't think that there was any bad intent in the comments.

Tinkerbelle's Mom
07-11-2007, 07:29 AM
I am a realtively new listener and have to add in that I was a little put off by these comments as well. I can "hear" the fun that other posters are talking about but this was not necessary and was taken a little too far in my opinion.

dpuck1998
07-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Wow, welcome to the PC world we live in. God forbid people laugh at/with/about/around anyone/anything these days. Maybe if we would all learn to laugh at ourselves a little more we wouldn't walk around with our shorts in a bunch mad at the world.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-11-2007, 09:41 AM
As a new listener to the DIS podcast, I am eager to hear the news about all things Disney. I am a frequent visitor and have been a DVC member since 1993. And I have enjoyed the podcast. However, today I was chagrined to hear about seven minutes in the 7/10 podcast that were extremely offensive. The comments by the podcast crew involved the immigration ceremonies on July 4 at Magic Kingdom. This was not a single misspoken word ala Imus, but an ongoing chuckle and guffaw session mocking efforts of immigrants to become citizens.

Even after the main topic was exhausted on of the moderators managed to use the word "immigrants" as an all-purpose punchline for some later efforts at jokes. I am sorry I cannot attach specific names to specific comments but as you allowed it to go on so long, you all deserve blame.

The section of which I write is especially egregious within a context of a podcast that takes itself so seriously on solemn topics such as "What ticket media are best for a family of four?" and "Why aren't there more perks with annual passes?" I guess citizenship and Disney efforts to acknowledge legal paths to it do not quite meet your standards.

In the future, I urge you to at least have the decency to push the pause button whenever you have a xenophobic moment or have reason to reflect on Florida's southern heritage. Better yet, maybe the DIS podcast staffers needs a little sensitivity session so it will realize that their time at WDW is enhanced by the servers, housekeepers, and park employees who may have lived somewhere else before coming to the United States. As DIS is also affiliated with a travel bureau, I feel that your attitudes that are very unprofessional and could be disastrous to your future business.

Your program today was tacky, offensive, and very contrary to the best Disney traditions.

http://dirtybunny68.googlepages.com/TrollBGon-vi.gif

--Mr. DB

dpuck1998
07-11-2007, 11:28 AM

--Mr. DB

Well done DB! Can you sell that stuff? They need it on the Community Board!!

MomofCKJ
07-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Wow, welcome to the PC world we live in. God forbid people laugh at/with/about/around anyone/anything these days. Maybe if we would all learn to laugh at ourselves a little more we wouldn't walk around with our shorts in a bunch mad at the world.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Cruz Family
07-11-2007, 11:51 AM
As family hispanic, I really think the OP needs to get a grip!!! This is a light hearted podcast that is both fun and informative, and IMHO if you don't like it don't listen! In most podcasts they even poke fun at themselves, as well as each other. Weather it be age, weight, sexuality, even poor Bawb and his boot and kaht (you don't see him crying for picking on the disabled ;) ). It is sad how PC people have got and moved away from good old common sense. :confused3

I support the non-politically correct, sometimes offensive humor or the DIS PodCast! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The Beach Bears
07-11-2007, 12:09 PM
I agree with the OP….

It is a shame that the OP, and one other got slapped around so quickly. I love the show and will continue to listen and I understand the format and good natured ribbing. It went on just a wee bit too long on a touchy subject for many. Ask us to nominate you for an award and then deliver not your best show, it just struck me wrong. That’s just my opinion. I am ready for the PC and Non-PC thugs do your worst.

Fredd's Girl
07-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Wow. People need to lighten up!! Have we become so PC we can't even laugh anymore...I don't think this was anything more than a case of the giggles gone crazy. If you paid attention, they even started quoting Will and Grace episodes while they were laughing. I think it was more running over Poor Bawb with his choo choo train that he didn't see coming.

I assure you, if Pete or anyone else had thought that exchange was offensive, it would not have aired. Pete and all those guys care more about their listeners than to let that ruin a show.

We have been asking/begging the guys for weeks to do uncut versions and more of their slapstick togetherness, and here they try it and everyone lines up to "take them for a walk" as Pete would say.

I think the OP and some others are being way oversensitive. I would hate to see Pete and the guys change their show because of this...

Believe me guys...there were people laughing!! There were posts almost immediately after the show about how great it was to hear you guys cut loose...even if it was at Poor Bawb's expense.

Cruz Family
07-11-2007, 12:23 PM
I agree with the OP….
That’s just my opinion. I am ready for the PC and Non-PC thugs do your worst.

THUGS!!!!!::rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I am starting a gang of Disney loving, Mickey screen saver having, mouse ear wearing, pin collecting, vacation planning, DIS podcast enjoying goup of Thugs. Anyone want to Join????

Fredd's Girl
07-11-2007, 12:30 PM
I'll join the Mickey lovin' thug club!! :lmao:

The Beach Bears
07-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Wow. People need to lighten up!! Have we become so PC we can't even laugh anymore...

It is a shame that people have equated voicing your opinion as being “PC”

“Thugs” are posters who come down too hard on a first time OP who just was expressing is well articulated, which leads me to believe he is not a troll, thoughts on a public show.

You people need lives.

Cruz Family
07-11-2007, 01:12 PM
It is a shame that people have equated voicing your opinion as being “PC”

“Thugs” are posters who come down too hard on a first time OP who just was expressing is well articulated, which leads me to believe he is not a troll, thoughts on a public show.

You people need lives.

Anyone who calls what happened in this weeks podcast "hate speech" is anything but articulate. It is more like ignorant, and personally I find that to be offensive.

CaptainNemo
07-11-2007, 01:28 PM
I agree with the OP.
I'm a long time listener of the podcast and was put off by the apparent attitudes of the hosts. Although I believe that our country has become too PC (and lord knows i'm not PC), I believe that what you say in public had the ability to hurt those listening. I was appalled at the hosts' lack of respect toward those being sworn in. The immigrants were being ridiculed on the show. I am against illegal imigrants and don't believe they should be given any amnesty but, when people come to this country legally and follow all the right procedures, they should be embraced not made fun of.

dpuck1998
07-11-2007, 01:42 PM
I agree with the OP.
I'm a long time listener of the podcast and was put off by the apparent attitudes of the hosts. Although I believe that our country has become too PC (and lord knows i'm not PC), I believe that what you say in public had the ability to hurt those listening. I was appalled at the hosts' lack of respect toward those being sworn in. The immigrants were being ridiculed on the show. I am against illegal imigrants and don't believe they should be given any amnesty but, when people come to this country legally and follow all the right procedures, they should be embraced not made fun of.

What quote/statement did you find to contain "lack of respect" ?

dburg30
07-11-2007, 01:56 PM
I cant believe I'm posting on this thread, I always get myself in trouble :)

Anywho, let me just make sure I understand this.

The OP is complaining about someone using their RIGHT as an American citizen to use free speech???

If you are for the immigration ceremony and the idea behind it, to obtain citizenship to the US of A, you CANT be serious about bashing someone for what they said, and calling it HATE SPEECH?!??!

OMG... :lmao: :rotfl2:

Fredd's Girl
07-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Anyone who calls what happened in this weeks podcast "hate speech" is anything but articulate. It is more like ignorant, and personally I find that to be offensive.

I personally think accusing the hosts of "hate speech" is more offensive than anything that was said on the show. This group of people is anything but...

The entire accusation is just silly. I know that's not very articulate, but really, that's the only word I can think of to describe this.

And...if the OP wasn't trying to stir it up, why didn't they just send an email to the podcast instead of posting it on a fan board??? C'mon...I think cocowum hit it on the head...:stir:

fav's=mets&mickey
07-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Hate speech? No.

We've probably all goofed around with friends before saying things that weren't exactly appropriate to say.

But I have to agree with DisneyBridein2k3 that those minutes might have best been edited out. I enjoy the punchy comraderie of the show and certainly don't think that the Podcast crew is xenophobic or intolerant. However, some of the comments ("Did you yell racist slurs . . . Go back to Guatemala!") made me cringe.

However, I still love the show and don't think that there was any bad intent in the comments.

I REALLY THINK I CAN CHIME IN ON THIS ONE......I AM PUERTO RICAN. THE WORDS USED ON THE PODCAST WERE FROM A TV SHOW.....JULIE EVEN MENTIONED IT....WILL & GRACE....YOU KNOW 'MUST SEE TV' ON EITHER BEFORE OR AFTER FRIENDS. BACK IN THE DAY. ALL THAT HAPPENED WAS THAT THE GROUP RECALLED A SHOW BECAUSE OF THE TOPIC OF IMMIGRANTS............I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU PEOPLE BUT THIS WHOLE POLITICALLY CORRECT CRAP HAS GOT TO GO.......I AM SO SICK THAT YOU HAVE TO MAKE EVERY HAPPY.......THE HECK WITH EVERYONE............WHEN YOU WATCH A SHOW THAT YOU LIKE AND SOMETHING IS SAID THAT IS POLITICALLY INCORRECT YOU LAUGH AND IF SOMETHING COMES UP THAT REMINDS YOU ABOUT YOU WILL LAUGH AT THAT INSTANCE AGAIN..........THAT IS ALL THAT THEY DID.........KEVIN, JOHN, PETE, COREY, BOB, AND JULIE DID NOTHING WRONG.........BOB WAS TOTALLY TAKEN OFF GUARD BECAUSE HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT, SO HE MUST NOT BE A FAN OF THAT PARTICULAR SHOW..........ALL THEY WERE DOING WAS QUOTING SAYINGS FROM A TV SHOW........THAT IS IT.......IT WAS FUNNY ON THE SHOW AND IT WAS FUNNY ON THE PODCAST....I PERSONALLY HAVE LISTENED TO IT ABOUT 10 TIMES ALREADY AND HAVE CRACKED UP EVERYTIME................SOME PEOPLE NEED TO GET OVER THEMSELVES AND ALLOW THE WORLD TO ENTER............ENJOY IT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE........I NORMALLY WOULD NOT GET LIKE THIS BUT THE WHOLE POLITICALLY CORRECT CRAP REALLY IRRATES ME........STOP IT ALREADY.......THE WORLD CAN BE A BETTER PLACE IF EVERYONE DID NOT HAVE TO BE SO POLITICALLY CORRECT.........HECK I EVEN HEARD PEOPLE GET OFFENDED UP HERE IN JERSEY BECAUSE OF THE WAY JAZZ WAS PORTRAYED IN THE MOVIE TRANSFORMERS AND THAT THE SPANISH GUY WOULD JUST KEEP TALKING SPANISH.....I AM TIRED OF IT......STOP IT.......ONE LOVE!

Fredd's Girl
07-11-2007, 02:47 PM
I REALLY THINK I CAN CHIME IN ON THIS ONE......I AM PUERTO RICAN. THE WORDS USED ON THE PODCAST WERE FROM A TV SHOW.....JULIE EVEN MENTIONED IT....WILL & GRACE....YOU KNOW 'MUST SEE TV' ON EITHER BEFORE OR AFTER FRIENDS. BACK IN THE DAY. ALL THAT HAPPENED WAS THAT THE GROUP RECALLED A SHOW BECAUSE OF THE TOPIC OF IMMIGRANTS............

I tried bringing up in my original post that the crew was talking about a television show. Thanks for trying again. ;)

fav's=mets&mickey
07-11-2007, 02:52 PM

I am starting a gang of Disney loving, Mickey screen saver having, mouse ear wearing, pin collecting, vacation planning, DIS podcast enjoying goup of Thugs. Anyone want to Join????

I'M IN.........I'M A TRUE S.P.I.C....(Spanish Person In Control).......Hollah at your DS(Disney Son):rotfl2: :thumbsup2 :lmao: :dance3:

fav's=mets&mickey
07-11-2007, 02:55 PM
I tried bringing up in my original post that the crew was talking about a television show. Thanks for trying again. ;)

no problem....i posted my response before I got to yours......didn't even know. thats how irrate I feel about someone taking shots at our Roundtable.........and as far as THUGS...........yeah T.H.U.G.S means (The Happy Unplugged Gang up on bawb Squad) CHOO CHOO!

burberryplaid
07-11-2007, 03:23 PM
I wasn't going to get involved, but can't help myself

I am also Hispanic (not an immigrant mind you, but my great grandparents were) and I was not at all offended by the podcast crew. With that being said, I was a little disappointed that they had a case of the giggle fits when Bawb was talking about a very solemn event, in my opinion. The naturalization process means a lot to many people and I applaud all of those who come to the US to follow their dreams, and decide to become citizens the legal way. I think Bawb was trying to pay respect to the importance of the event and it's a little sad that the crew couldn't be more serious about it. But hey, when you get the giggles, you get the giggles, and I think they were laughing at Bawb and their own conjured up images of the day, not at the event itself, and certainly not our newest citizens.

As for the line about "Immigrants in Funny Hats" they were actually poking fun at Disney and the ridiculousness of the so called "Patriotic Mickey Ears" and in their minds they were probably picturing how silly it would be for Disney to offer these new citizens something so ubsurd.

I will continue to listen to the podcast and I hold the podcast crew in the highest regard!

Mary626
07-11-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm confused, I just listened to the podcast and didn't hear the conversation you guys are talking about. Has it been edited out already or did I just get distracted during this part? Any help would be appreciated...

kabbie
07-11-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm confused, I just listened to the podcast and didn't hear the conversation you guys are talking about. Has it been edited out already or did I just get distracted during this part? Any help would be appreciated...

It's from this week's (Tues 7/10) show right between the news and roundtable. Bawb was talking about his experience going to MK on July 4th and watching the naturalization ceremony.

I think I'll stay in Switzerland and let ya'll discuss this one. No more heaten topics for me!

CaptainNemo
07-11-2007, 07:36 PM
I went and re-listened to the entire podcast to find the parts I had found offensive and it has been edited. The only mention of immigrants now is an immigrant parade at Downtown Disney during the waterski championship. I agree with the previous poster about the hosts not behaving respectfully while discussing an event that is very important in many peoples' lives.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-11-2007, 09:14 PM
I really wanted to stay out of this fight but the absolute ridiculousness of some posts on here drove me to it. As far as the OP is concerned they are a troll and I called them out on it. You don't drop the Al Sharpton "Tawana Brawley race card" and then run away like a coward and not expect to be called a troll. So you're offended. So what? People that whine and complain without knowing what they're talking about offend me. Sometimes I think a lot of people on here just love to see a smoldering spark and want it to spread until it becomes a 3-alarm fire.

As for anyone that was offended by the podcast. First, lighten up. Most of the comments were quotes from a TV show. A TV show a large portion of the American public watched and laughed at. If you want to complain to somebody complain to NBC for airing the show with it's "hate speech" in the first place. But most of you just want to go off all half-cocked without knowing what you're talking about. Making an ignorant response makes you just as ignorant as the people you're calling ignorant/bigot/whatever.

Second, Do you ever use "hate speech" yourself? Do you call women, people within a specific ethnic group or sexual orientation by their un-PC racial slurs in front of your friends or coworkers? Do you make jokes about women or people within a specific ethnic group or sexual orientation in front of your spouse or children even in your own home? If you can't actually say that you've never used a slur against anyone even in anger then honestly you just need to look yourself in the mirror before you call somebody else out on something you can't even hold yourself to. As Ice Cub used to say "You better check yo self before you wreck yo self".

--Mr. DB

Maggi May
07-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Making an ignorant response makes you just as ignorant as the people you're calling ignorant/bigot/whatever.

True . . so . . . true.

SamSam
07-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Wow. People need to lighten up!! Have we become so PC we can't even laugh anymore...I don't think this was anything more than a case of the giggles gone crazy. If you paid attention, they even started quoting Will and Grace episodes while they were laughing. I think it was more running over Poor Bawb with his choo choo train that he didn't see coming.

I soooo agree. Of course, it is never okay to put anyone down, or to make racial slurs, etc., but this is not what was happening. It was simply good natured giggles.

TheDisneyClan
07-11-2007, 11:25 PM
I went and re-listened to the entire podcast to find the parts I had found offensive and it has been edited. The only mention of immigrants now is an immigrant parade at Downtown Disney during the waterski championship. I agree with the previous poster about the hosts not behaving respectfully while discussing an event that is very important in many peoples' lives.

I have not listened a second time.. But if in fact the podcast was edited, I will be very disappointed. Those who have listened for a long time and understand the dynamics of the podcast crew would understand that the conversation in question had to do with Bawb and a quote from a TV show. IT WAS ABSOLUTLEY HYSTERICAL and had nothing whatsoever to with making fun of - or laughing at the new citizens. THEY WERE LAUGHING AT BAWB. I was quite literally rolling on the floor during that discussion.

I really hope it was not edited simply to satisfy those lacking listening comrehension skills who missed the meaning. What should offend us all is the notion that the show may now be edited for such silly and unfounded reasons. Will make it much less fun to listen to.:sad2:

Quinn222
07-12-2007, 05:16 AM
I have not listened a second time.. But if in fact the podcast was edited, I will be very disappointed. Those who have listened for a long time and understand the dynamics of the podcast crew would understand that the conversation in question had to do with Bawb and a quote from a TV show. IT WAS ABSOLUTLEY HYSTERICAL and had nothing whatsoever to with making fun of - or laughing at the new citizens. THEY WERE LAUGHING AT BAWB. I was quite literally rolling on the floor during that discussion.

I really hope it was not edited simply to satisfy those lacking listening comrehension skills who missed the meaning. What should offend us all is the notion that the show may now be edited for such silly and unfounded reasons. Will make it much less fun to listen to.:sad2:

I totally agree. I'm afraid the one I downloaded has been replaced by the edited version and if so I'll be really sad. That was one of the funniest things I have ever herd. Not even what they were saying but just the laughter was totally infectious. Please lets make the Dis Unplugged safe from the PC police.

The Beach Bears
07-12-2007, 07:03 AM
I applaud the roundtable group for editing the podcast and responding to, some or just a few, of their listener’s sensibilities.

I uncertain as to what bothered me more the, albeit slight, lack of respect that was given a topic that was a wonderful example of America and people doing the right thing on a day that is third to getting married and the birth of your children in many people’s lives or the middle school girls giggle fest that stemmed from a over-hyped TV show with no basis in reality. Everyone gets the giggles and I do not believe that this reflects badly on the podcast or the staff, either edited or not, in any way.

I listen to a lot of podcast and many Disney podcast. I do count this one as one of my top two if not number one because they do solid news and reviews with a healthy amount of personality. I enjoy the gentle ribbing they all give each other and now I respect their professionalism.

It drives me crazy that being “PC” has somehow like the word liberal has become a bad works, crack your kids 7th grade history book and realize that the conscious of America is what gave women the right to vote (80+ years ago), the civil rights movement (60 years ago), the Hispanic immigration (40 years ago), the Gay rights movement (20 years ago) without Americas “PC” conscious these things would be stamped out. These things did not “just happen”. I will quietly step down off my soap box.

I enjoy this podcast because of the staff and all their hard work and it is a job folks, I know. I will continue to listen, unlike that stupid NFL podcast that they give you one news story and that rant for twenty minutes about the air conditioning in his BMW being broken in triple digit heat in phoenix….. What a jerk.

If I offended any one I am sorry (see folks there is no reason you cannot have civil conversation on a message board)

:fish:

dburg30
07-12-2007, 07:11 AM
I totally agree. I'm afraid the one I downloaded has been replaced by the edited version and if so I'll be really sad. That was one of the funniest things I have ever herd. Not even what they were saying but just the laughter was totally infectious. Please lets make the Dis Unplugged safe from the PC police.

Well, they are the only ones that can edit it. It's a private recording, and they can pretty much do whatever they want with it and the site. Wonder if people found other things in podcasts or on the site offensive if they would edit / remove them? Or if it's something important to them, who cares if it offends anyone else, they arent removing it.. But again, it's one of those things. It's their site, and they can do whatever they want to with it..

Cruz Family
07-12-2007, 07:30 AM
It drives me crazy that being “PC” has somehow like the word liberal has become a bad works, crack your kids 7th grade history book and realize that the conscious of America is what gave women the right to vote (80+ years ago), the civil rights movement (60 years ago), the Hispanic immigration (40 years ago), the Gay rights movement (20 years ago) without Americas “PC” conscious these things would be stamped out. These things did not “just happen”. I will quietly step down off my soap box.
:fish:

Quoting Will & Grace - Free, Picking on Bawb - Free, Funny 4th of July hats - $10 (75% off on the 5th), Contagious silly group laughter - Free, Getting a lesson on Civil rights via the DISboards, when I am really just looking for good room discount....PRICELESS!!!!!!!

Fredd's Girl
07-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Quoting Will & Grace - Free, Picking on Bawb - Free, Funny 4th of July hats - $10 (75% off on the 5th), Contagious silly group laughter - Free, Getting a lesson on Civil rights via the DISboards, when I am really just looking for good room discount....PRICELESS!!!!!!!

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

The Beach Bears
07-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Can’t you people do anything else but parrot funny lines from TV?

You should get outside more.

No, just kidding. I’m done with this. I am going over to the main boards to cheer on the dismantling of the EPCOT sign……

Euphscott
07-12-2007, 10:10 AM
How unfortunate the crew felt it necessary to edit. I thankfully have the unedited version on my iPod and found it very amusing and entertaining. I have to wonder just how sensitive people must be to worry over stuff like this. These guys were not making fun of a solemn experience or poking fun.

Political correctness fun amok again - sigh

maiziezoe
07-12-2007, 10:45 AM

Very well said! :thumbsup2

kate0305
07-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Why oh why did I click on this thread?!?!?

I find it amusing that people are upset that someone found something offensive, and then continued to be offensive by saying mean things. PC or not, I wish that there could be more pixie dust and nice things said, than what has been showing up on the message boards. Would people really talk this way to a person standing in front of them, or does the faceless nature of the internet protect people from acting like civil, respectful humans.

This was my first venture to the PODCAST section, and I doubt I will visit again. Some of the posters here seem so funny and enjoyable when I have seen their responses on other threads, and I am saddened by the ugliness shown here.

Perhaps society would not get called out on non-PC language if people would just show some common courtesy and treat people better. No wonder society has such a problem with anger, road rage, shooting people as a way of solving disagreements and nastiness on discussion boards. And no wonder there is still a need for "PC police" :confused3

TheDisneyClan
07-12-2007, 01:41 PM

I find it amusing that people are upset that someone found something offensive,

I would not say anybody is offended that the OP was offended. Its one thing to say you are offended. That's fine. But the baseless and unfounded assetions made by the OP toward Pete and the gang is quite offensive. Especially to those of us who have listened to the podcast for a long time and understand the dynamics of the crew. And anyobody who has listened to the podcast more than once will agree that to suggest the DIS gang needs sensativity sessions is insane at best.

There is not one statement in the original unedited podcast that could even be twisted as racist. Even somebody with less than average intelligece should have been able to dicern that the exchange was about a quote from a television show and BAWB. They were giving Bawb a hard time, laughing at Bawb. Does that offend you also?? Open your ears, Bawb is sooooo offended by it that he spends every Christmas Eve with Kevin and his family. Sheesh people. Learn to listen and lighten up.

The most offensive part of this whole thing is that we have made Pete feel the need to edit something that did not need to be edited for fear of being arrested by the PC police because of a baseless rant by someone who did not know what they were talking about who reacted before thinking.:sad2:

Jennygt
07-12-2007, 02:03 PM
I thought it was funny, I got it. Sorry that some people did not get the jokes, I don't think that it needs to get so heated, I think we can agree to disagree about this and move on to a more enjoyable , fun, WDW topic. that is what these boards are meant for.:wizard:

kate0305
07-12-2007, 02:10 PM
I would not say anybody is offended that the OP was offended. Its one thing to say you are offended. That's fine. But the baseless and unfounded assetions made by the OP toward Pete and the gang is quite offensive. Especially to those of us who have listened to the podcast for a long time and understand the dynamics of the crew. And anyobody who has listened to the podcast more than once will agree that to suggest the DIS gang needs sensativity sessions is insane at best.

There is not one statement in the original unedited podcast that could even be twisted as racist. Even somebody with less than average intelligece should have been able to dicern that the exchange was about a quote from a television show and BAWB. They were giving Bawb a hard time, laughing at Bawb. Does that offend you also?? Open your ears, Bawb is sooooo offended by it that he spends every Christmas Eve with Kevin and his family. Sheesh people. Learn to listen and lighten up.

The most offensive part of this whole thing is that we have made Pete feel the need to edit something that did not need to be edited for fear of being arrested by the PC police because of a baseless rant by someone who did not know what they were talking about who reacted before thinking.:sad2:

I did not say that anyone was OFFENDED that someone was offended, I said UPSET. And then you just proved my point about the nasty way people talk on discussion boards with the "someone with less than average intellegence should have been able to. . ." Now it is ok to call people stupid too, if they interpret something in a different manner? Sheesh, I am so done with this topic. And coming pretty close to being done with the DIS entirely. I hope I never run into any of these negative folks at WDW, but if I do, I will be pretty sure that it will be the folks complaining about something.

And food for thought, if you tune into Howard Stern (which I do on Sirius) you know what you are getting into. You expect it to be in poor taste to many, but funny to some. I would imagine that even if there are dynamics in this crew that only loyal listeners are privvy to, people tuning into a podcast are expecting warm and fuzzy Disney magic, not something that some people COULD interpret as offensive. And perhaps the crew should be aware that the dynamics are not known by all listeners.

What ever happened to, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything? It seems that is a lesson that no one is teaching their kids anymore. For people who are lauding freedom of speech, you sure are coming across as freedom is ok, as long as you agree with me. Or else you will be seen as having below average intelligence.

Tinkerbelle's Mom
07-12-2007, 02:46 PM

I find it amusing that people are upset that someone found something offensive, and then continued to be offensive by saying mean things. PC or not, I wish that there could be more pixie dust and nice things said, than what has been showing up on the message boards. Would people really talk this way to a person standing in front of them, or does the faceless nature of the internet protect people from acting like civil, respectful humans.

This was my first venture to the PODCAST section, and I doubt I will visit again. Some of the posters here seem so funny and enjoyable when I have seen their responses on other threads, and I am saddened by the ugliness shown here.

Perhaps society would not get called out on non-PC language if people would just show some common courtesy and treat people better. No wonder society has such a problem with anger, road rage, shooting people as a way of solving disagreements and nastiness on discussion boards. And no wonder there is still a need for "PC police" :confused3

I did not say that anyone was OFFENDED that someone was offended, I said UPSET. And then you just proved my point about the nasty way people talk on discussion boards with the "someone with less than average intellegence should have been able to. . ." Now it is ok to call people stupid too, if they interpret something in a different manner? Sheesh, I am so done with this topic. And coming pretty close to being done with the DIS entirely. I hope I never run into any of these negative folks at WDW, but if I do, I will be pretty sure that it will be the folks complaining about something.

And food for thought, if you tune into Howard Stern (which I do on Sirius) you know what you are getting into. You expect it to be in poor taste to many, but funny to some. I would imagine that even if there are dynamics in this crew that only loyal listeners are privvy to, people tuning into a podcast are expecting warm and fuzzy Disney magic, not something that some people COULD interpret as offensive. And perhaps the crew should be aware that the dynamics are not known by all listeners.

What ever happened to, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything? It seems that is a lesson that no one is teaching their kids anymore. For people who are lauding freedom of speech, you sure are coming across as freedom is ok, as long as you agree with me. Or else you will be seen as having below average intelligence.

Absolutely wonderful! :banana: There was no reason this needed to get so heated - unless you count the fact that the idea orginally presented goes against the majority of the people's opinion on this board which has truly upset that majority.

TheDisneyClan
07-12-2007, 03:14 PM
I did not say that anyone was OFFENDED that someone was offended, I said UPSET.

I hope I never run into any of these negative folks at WDW, but if I do, I will be pretty sure that it will be the folks complaining about something.

This whole thing was started by somebody who wanted to complain and stir the pot. As many have said - the op and you and anybody else has every right to be offended and to say so - even if its for illogical reasons. It's your right. But what makes this heated is when folks start backing up their anger at the hosts by making false claims as the OP did. Nothing out of line or unkind was said in the podcast and nobody poked fun at the new citizens. It was a funny moment and had absolutley nothing to do with the folks that became American citizens on the fourth of July. To make this into such a huge thing you have to really use your imagination and assume the hosts were thinking things that were not said..If you do that you may get yourself all bent out of shape over nothing- and that is your right, but that would be nobody's problem but your own.

It was an excellent podcast and I am offeneded and upset that the "politically correct podcast nazi police" made Pete feel as if he had to edit something so innocent and funny.

ptrbryant
07-12-2007, 03:15 PM
I'd downloaded the podcast Tuesday--before it got edited--and listened to it for the first time last night. This was after reading this thread.

I'm not a PC person, but it does get a bit wearying when anytime a person finds something offensive, they're called PC and denounced as rudely as the OP was. Sometimes what someone finds offensive may seem ridiculous to us, but that does that mean there can't be times when such a reaction is justified?

I'm one of the rare people who's never watched "Will & Grace" and if I hadn't read on this thread that the quotes came from an episode of that show and that the DisUnplugged gang was laughing at the reference to it, I honestly would have been a bit surprised at the tone about immigrants. It's not that it was over-the-top offensive, just a bit out of character for a group of people we all know to be so charitable towards others. I think Pete did the right thing by editing it after realizing how it could come across to some listeners. One of the things I admire most about Pete is his drive to always "do the right thing"...and he does walk the talk, unlike many others.

You know, there were a lot of things said on Seinfeld that were laughing-out-loud hilarious, yet if they were brought up out of context to someone who didn't get the reference, they could very well seem offensive. It doesn't mean people don't have a sense of humor, it's the fact that out-of-context, some things just aren't that funny.

Karla B.

Reminiscing_Cody
07-12-2007, 03:45 PM
It wasn't even close to offensive to me, I just didn't find the overall tone of the whole segment to be particularly tasteful.

After the F-15 "run, Castro's coming!" comments, I had a vision of this thread's existence.

Disneybridein2k3
07-12-2007, 05:47 PM
It's not that it was over-the-top offensive, just a bit out of character for a group of people we all know to be so charitable towards others. I think Pete did the right thing by editing it after realizing how it could come across to some listeners. One of the things I admire most about Pete is his drive to always "do the right thing"...and he does walk the talk, unlike many others.
:thumbsup2 Well said!

UrsulasShadow
07-12-2007, 06:15 PM
I listened to the original podcast this morning, and while I found it very funny, there was a little discomfort in listening to the hilarity that might have been misperceived as a poke at our immigrant population. I wondered at the time why Pete hadn't edited out that portion, at least partially. The podcasts are ALWAYS funny, but this one seemed like it had an edge to it. I'm guessing that Pete, always sensitive and considerate to ALL his listeners, decided that it gave him that same uncomfortable feeling, so edited out the questionable section. Kudos to the whole team for making an excellent podcast, and especially Pete, for being so thoughtful!

WebmasterPete
07-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Hi everyone:

First let me say that it was not our intention to upset or offend anyone. We were busting on Bob, and quoting a line from a "Will and Grace" episode. I apologize to anyone who was offended, as that was absolutely not our intent. As such, I've edited the comments out of the show.

However, I do need to say this to the original poster - I understand the sensitivity of certain issues, but to characterize what we said in the show as hate speech is patently ridiculous. Personally, I'm fed up with the ultra-sensitive 'PC' crowd who think the mere mention of certain words in any context other than groveling reverence is an affront to an entire group of people. I don't engage in hate speech and never have. If you're going to accuse someone of that, I suggest you learn the meaning of the phrase before you publicly accuse someone of it.

Pete

Cruz Family
07-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Hi everyone:

First let me say that it was not our intention to upset or offend anyone. We were busting on Bob, and quoting a line from a "Will and Grace" episode. I apologize to anyone who was offended, as that was absolutely not our intent. As such, I've edited the comments out of the show.

However, I do need to say this to the original poster - I understand the sensitivity of certain issues, but to characterize what we said in the show as hate speech is patently ridiculous. Personally, I'm fed up with the ultra-sensitive 'PC' crowd who think the mere mention of certain words in any context other than groveling reverence is an affront to an entire group of people. I don't engage in hate speech and never have. If you're going to accuse someone of that, I suggest you learn the meaning of the phrase before you publicly accuse someone of it.

Pete

AMEN Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't worry the majority of us are standing behind you and have defended the podcast team. The OP was outrageous to even throw out the term "hate speech" and many of us let him know it. Please, please keep up the great job you guys are doing and don't let a ridiculous few ruin it for the rest of us.

User Name
07-12-2007, 07:25 PM
I think that editing the show was cowardly.

It had nothing to do with demeaning immigrants. It did, however, have everything to do with ragging on Bawb.

I am boycotting the next show because *I* am offended that it was edited for cheap, unfounded P.C. reasons.

disneynutz
07-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I think that editing the show was cowardly.

It had nothing to do with demeaning immigrants. It did, however, have everything to do with ragging on Bawb.

I am boycotting the next show because *I* am offended that it was edited for cheap, unfounded P.C. reasons.

I don't agree. I think that it was the responsible thing to do. Bawb was trying to share his experience and the response was silly and lasted way too long. Pete would normally edit some of it out but he is getting lazy. ;) Some people are overly sensitive and some are thick skinned. It's a no win situation. Lets move past this and get back to why we are all here, our love of Disney. :love:

jpeka65844
07-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Just listened to the unedited version and all I can say is:

That's it? That's the big deal?

Ah well....I laughed. Keep up the good work Pete, Kevin, John, Bawb, Julie and Corey.

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

The Beach Bears
07-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Thank you Pete for your thought and actions, now do us all a favor and kill this thread.

Brer_roadrunner
07-12-2007, 09:24 PM

I'd join... But as soon as we'd stroll into DTD we'd be banned for life...

NYDisneyDude
07-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Pete, well said. We greatly appreciate you and the countless hours you spend producing and delivering the weekly podcast(s) -- an extraordinary effort! The DIS Unplugged podcast is unique in so many ways. It is truly “one stop” listening for some of the best Disney information, insights, tips, perspectives, and reviews on the net. You and the DIS team give us all of this with personality, character, charm, and wit -- that’s why we listen, that’s why we love it. Keep up the great work. For those who may be looking for a “plain vanilla” podcast … let us know if you find it and we’ll stay clear away!

To Pete and the entire DIS team … thank you for the podcast, the wdwinfo web site, the DIS boards, and your labor of love!

P.S. “Hate Speech”? Absolutely not! The OP needs some Disney magic … soon! That’s the only cure for “log in the eye” syndrome … if you know what I mean. ;)

Stinasmom
07-12-2007, 09:41 PM
I wouldn't normally respond to a thread like this because I can be a very opinionated person and could really go off...
However... Most of what I would have said was already said. SO...

I want to cast my support:

* I stand behind the Podcast team 100%. You guys are so funny and have such distinct personalities that really come through in your show. Anyone who has listened before would understand what happened here.

* I am very sorry Pete felt he had to edit the show, but I am glad I got it downloaded before he did.

* If Bawb wasn't (and isn't on a regular basis) offended by all the ribbing, then no one else out there should be offended by what was said. In fact, I am sometimes surprised at just how much Kevin can dish out to Bawb...especially without Julie there to defend! But since you spend Xmas together and seem to stay friends, I guess Bawb can take it!:duck:

* Keep it up! Be yourselves! We love you!:grouphug:

DisneyKevin
07-12-2007, 09:59 PM
I am firm believer in the old adage that once you have to explain something , it stops being funny, but here goes anyway....

What you hear on our podcast is good natured and meant in jest. No podcasters are hurt in it's weekly production.

I am certain that Bob will back me up when I say that we are great friends.

Our families not only spend holidays together, we vacation together and we get together at least once a week for dinner or Disney magic. This is above and beyond the time we spend together recording our podcast.

I hope this explains things.

Kevin

nomie74
07-13-2007, 01:21 AM
Hi, I just wanted to post in support of the podcast and to say Please Please don't change anything... you guys provide the most entertaining and informative 2 hours of my week! Your friendships and personalities really stand out and that is what makes the podcast so great to listen to. :thumbsup2

gonzo1st
07-13-2007, 03:32 AM
Hi everyone:

Pete

Hi
Just a small note .
1. well said Pete.

2. I have only been listening to the pod cast for a little while and my wife has decided that i am a bit mad as i sit smiling to myself when listening.:rotfl:

Oh well thats it from me.
Keep up with the good work guys only 2 more pod casts till i can see it all for myself:dance3:
Regards Gonzo

winotracy
07-13-2007, 06:27 AM
This is my first post on the podcast boards, and I wasn't going to post here, but I decided to show my support.

Every week I look forward to the podcast like many of us do. I always laugh and learn a few new things about WDW, DCL and DL.

This past Tuesday for me was a very stressful day, I wasn't sure how I would get through it. I listened to the podcast and laughed so hard it hurt. I decided to send Kevin an email to tell him what I thought about it and to thank him for making me laugh at a time that I didn't think I could. I told him that I wasn't even sure what was said, the giggling just got me through my day.

After reading this thread, I recalled why I was laughing so hard and it brought a smile to my face again, but bothered me that this offended a few. It bothered me because I questioned if the offended listeners really heard what was going on. I rarely watched Will & Grace, but they mentioned it was a line from Will & Grace. I understand how they rib Bawb (and know he likes it ;) ) and took it as such.

I understand Pete's decision to edit the podcast. While I would love to hear the unedited version again, he is thinking about the listeners that don't know the dynamics of the team and does not want to offend anyone.

I certainly hope that the next podcast is as funny as this one and many others have been. I still need my dose of laughter at least once a week.

Thank you to Pete, John, Kevin, Corey, Julie & Bob for all you do!!

burberryplaid
07-13-2007, 06:39 AM
Just wanted to say :thumbsup2 to Pete!

Fredd's Girl
07-13-2007, 06:56 AM
I am firm believer in the old adage that once you have to explain something , it stops being funny, but here goes anyway....

What you hear on our podcast is good natured and meant in jest. No podcasters are hurt in it's weekly production.

I am certain that Bob will back me up when I say that we are great friends.

Our families not only spend holidays together, we vacation together and we get together at least once a week for dinner or Disney magic. This is above and beyond the time we spend together recording our podcast.

I hope this explains things.

Kevin

Kevin-
I don't think anyone that listens to the show on a regular basis thinks that you have anything but sincere friendship and love for Bawb and the rest of the podcast team. I live my life through humor as well, and ribbing on family and friends is a way of life. What's that saying about if you don't laugh you cry??? I'm just sorry this thread has gotten to this point. You guys have no obligation to explain anything to us about your friendships or why you do the podcasts the way you do. I'm pretty sure my iTunes isn't the only one with a "stop" button if people don't like what they're hearing.

Again, you guys are great, and if you didn't truly care about one another, the podcast would not be as wonderful as it is.

Now, on to next weeks train wreck...chooo chooo....;)

makelab
07-13-2007, 06:57 AM
Thank you Pete for your thought and actions, now do us all a favor and kill this thread.
i was thinking the EXACT same thing.

timallen
07-13-2007, 06:58 AM
Keep up the good work pete and take no notice of ridiculus comments made
nothing you said was in any way directed at anyone other than having fun with bob please dont be bullied into changing your podcast to pander to people who have different ways of looking at things and seem to be looking for controversy.
Have a wonderful day and keep the "un-byast" podcast the way you want it.

mark stockman

WebmasterBob
07-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Hi Folks, I thought it was time to jump in here and say a few things.

First off, the kidding that goes on during the podcast is always in fun. I love each and every member of the team and I know they also love me and my family. I consider each a member of my family. I truly treasure our friendships and hope everyone out there have friends as great as Pete, Kevin, John, Corey, Julie and Regina. Thinking about it, those that listen weekly also have a part of that friendship and understand what I am saying.

I also think of all those that come to the DIS as part of my family as well, and really appreciate your support as well. When I am in the parks or planning the information that I will be presenting, I really hope it will be helpful to make a memorable experience for your family.

I have to make a note about the last show from my point of view. It is what it was. No disrespect was meant to anyone. Many points of view have been written on this post. Each person had their own thoughts on what it was and thats ok also. We all have that right to our own feelings.

Folks it is now time to move on to the next show or thread. It would mean a great deal to me that this post be the last one on this thread. If you still feel a strong desire to say something send an e-mail to any Roundtable member at podcast@wdwinfo.com

That is all I have to say. I hope everyone has a great day.

Michele
07-13-2007, 08:29 AM
Adding my support....glad I got the unedited version to listen to....I totally didn't take it as you were laughing at the ceremony or even at poor Bob, it was totally related to Will & Grace.

Please don't let this affect any future decision about editing, we love the silly stuff and I really hope you continue to leave it in.

You guys are the BEST!!!! Thanks for all the hard work on the podcast.

fav's=mets&mickey
07-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Kudos to the Roundtable for stating their exact intentions........I am so glad that I listened to the Original 7/10 podcast about 10 times before it got edited.........I had even joked with someone in my office who listens to the podcast as well and found the bit funny that if this was listened to by people who don't know the team they might get offended.........I guess I was right........still our society needs to lighten up a little and if you are going to listen and get offended make sure you hear everything that is said because Julie even mentioned....all you PC people remember when Bob says,...."Julie help me."......and Julie said......"its Will & Grace I can't do anything",,,,,,,right when she said that everything said should have been taken for what it was......i am sure everyone has seen something in a show and then something happens in their everyday life that reminds them about the show you start laughing for no reason.........I my self along with a friend of mine.....we have listened to the Jerky Boys tapes back in College 1996-2000.........all we have to do when we see each is hear one quote....like ..."THE BLUE ONE"......doesn't sound funny right but we have an association to it and for that reason we laugh and start quoting other bits ones that were funny.......my Wife and his Wife look at us like we belong in mental home.....but it was that same thing that took over the Podcast on 7/10....Glad they edited, probably should have been kept amongst themselves but I am so glad I got to Hear it.........Peace out everyone and Tune in next week as the Podcast will be recorded beachside at Costaguatemexirico with special guest Fidel Castro and his comments on why he sent F-15 Fighterjets to capture people who were wearing funny Mickey Hats.........until then ENJOY.:lmao: :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Tent Camping Mom
07-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Yes, it is from Will and Grace. Karen spoke the Costa-Guata-Mexi-Rico phrase...speaking to Rosario. It was a funny episode. I felt they were laughing about that episode and probably about the fact that Bob was clueless about it added to the laughter. We all love Bob :love: and I think the reason is because the roundtable group is always giving him a hard time. :goodvibes

BTW Bob, DS(11) loves your accent. He has a new phrase he's been saying lately....We're going to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Potty :laughing:

IHeartTink04
07-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Sorry guys, but I have no idea what PC means, Can anyone fill me in?:confused3 :confused3

fav's=mets&mickey
07-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Sorry guys, but I have no idea what PC means, Can anyone fill me in?:confused3 :confused3

Politically Correct..................

cobbler
07-13-2007, 01:25 PM
To the podcast crew -
Don't feel sorry for anything you did. It was a great podcast and nothing you did was anything to be sorry for. Keep up the great work and I would love to hear more banter (on any topic) among all of you again.

I agree, we have become so PC it's insane. I am sorry, but you (and this goes to EVERYONE) will offend someone, somewhere at sometime in your life. And you will be offended by someone, somewhere, sometime as well. Deal with it, its life and we aren't perfect.

mommyceratops
07-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Hi everyone:

Pete

Bravo Pete! :worship:

I love the show and loved hearing you guys have fun!! Thanks for all you do!!

DisGirlAllie
07-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Obviously, you don't listen to the podcasts. If you did, you'd realize that they are just busting Bob's chops!!!
It's what they do!!!
Funny, that this was the OP's first post...Can anyone say Troll?:stir:
Agreed.
Sorry I do not agree with the op.

I do not believe they meant anything by it.
ITA
Well said!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

--Mr. DB
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Luv it!:thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

DisGirlAllie
07-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Hi everyone:

Pete

Bravo Pete!http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u246/han_banna/applauseanimation1ke.gif

jdtopgun71
07-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Hi everyone:

Pete

I agree with most posters in this thread that it is utterly ridculous that anyone was offended by this podcast.

Pete, please do not let the "ultra-sensitive 'PC' crowd" affect the cohesiveness of your team. In other words you guys please be yourselves and continue making the great podcast that you do.

You all do a great job and get my vote as the best Disney podcast out there.

Keep up the good work!

tinkerbellblondie19
07-16-2007, 12:15 PM
I whole-heartedly disagree that that was hate speech. It was a joke, and was clearly intended as a joke. Jokes are not intended to be taken seriously.

cheriemek
07-16-2007, 09:02 PM
The podcast had no "hate speech" whatsoever.

Torontogal
07-16-2007, 11:06 PM
Hi there,

Just wanted to say that I just listened to the broadcast (edited version) and really do not think you needed to change the original broadcast. For the OP to call it "hate speech" is utterly ridiculous!

Please note that the edited broadcast now does not include the harmless jokes and reference to Will and Grace. Instead, one simply has the comments "immigrants.." or "must be immigrants."

A person listening to this broadcast for the 1st time (and not hearing about the Disboard controversy) may wonder why you are poking fun of immigrants with such comments since the Will and Grace joke is not included.

Love the podcasts - will continue to listen - but wish you did not edit it.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Alicnwondrln
07-17-2007, 06:43 AM
I listened and didnt get that at all.
Sorry I would have disagree with the OP.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-17-2007, 08:04 AM
I listened and didnt get that at all.
Sorry I would have disagree with the OP.

I'll make it simple... OP = Troll

--Mr. DB

aGoofyMom
07-17-2007, 09:40 AM
I have a tendancy to avoid this board until I listen - mostly to avoid spoilers. With the week I had, I only got to listen to July 10's podcast yesterday & the email portion this morning. I did have the unedited version though.

Then I knew this thread would be here. I disagree with the OP as well - at least on this topic, and have to say I don't think anyone involved in the podcast was trying to make racial slurs or instigate racist behaviour in others. They were being themselves and poking fun at Bob. I figured it was left in, as the joke did continue throughout the podcast and trying to edit it out, without trying to do the entire podcast again wouldn't have worked. From the comments about the edited version - that's probably the case. [insert trainwreck sound effect here please!]

I believe in being sensitive to the feelings of others, and think the roundtable team have demonstrated that time and again. I think webmaster Pete's comments were very well spoken.

Ok now to catch up with this week!